• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Harmony Grove

Started by southarkdaddy, October 23, 2017, 09:37:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southarkdaddy

Can't say enough about how impressive this team is.  I know Mt Ida defeated them last year and is still undefeated, but I think CHG is the team to beat in 2A.  To run the gauntlet and have the conference championship clinched by week 8 is a special feat for any team, but especially when you play in the best conference in 2a.  In my mind CHG is the favorite to win the state championship this season.  They dominated Rison like nobody else would, Rison and Mt Ida will be very similar.  I think it's the year for CHG

Hgalum50

October 23, 2017, 09:40:38 am #1 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:42:44 am by Hgalum50
I like your enthusiasm! It will be a tough ride with HG most likely meeting Hazen in the 3rd round and Mt. Ida in the semifinals. Hopefully we can keep it going all the way to the Rock. I also think the 8 and the 6 are tied for best conference.

southarkdaddy

People have made that argument for the 6 for a long time and I haven't ever bought it.  But his year especially, the 8 has 6 pretty good teams, the 6 has 2. 

Hgalum50

You know I'm gonna ride with the 8, but I have to give credit where it is due.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Got to watch HG in our scrimmage at the beginning of the year, was impressed with them then; however, I never would have said that they would beat Rison, especially the way that they did. Coach Chambers has done a phenomenal job with them and should really be a force to be reckoned with come playoffs. I'd say with their style of play they might just be the matchup nightmare that Mt. Ida doesn't want to see.

MagicMike

They are the best 2A has to offer. When is the last time somebody not named junction city has had that conference won by week 8? They are the team to beat.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 23, 2017, 09:48:35 am
You know I'm gonna ride with the 8, but I have to give credit where it is due.

But the 6 is down this year and the 8 is pretty up.  Typically the 8 is better but this year especially.  Des Arc & Carlisle being pretty much non factors in that league has eliminated much parody. 

Hgalum50

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 23, 2017, 10:18:04 am
But the 6 is down this year and the 8 is pretty up.  Typically the 8 is better but this year especially.  Des Arc & Carlisle being pretty much non factors in that league has eliminated much parody.
Top 3 in the 8 1. HG 2. Rison 3. Hampton Top 3 in the 6 1. Hazen 2. McCrory 3. PW  Looks pretty close to me, but that's my opinion.

Rida4Life

I've said all year that I wouldn't want to play Harmony Grove by week 8.  They have all the tools to win it all.  Now it looks like they have all the wheels rolling.  Look out class AA.  This bunch can put a hurting on you.

The Beast Of 08

The last few games Gannon has taken huge strides forward at QB in my book. That to me is the biggest difference from the games earlier in the season to now. He started making better reads both in the pass game and the option game. The best part to me is he is only a Jr and will continue to grow as a QB. Defensively he was already a stud if you ask me. It obviously helps having the Garcia kid back too...one of the best weapons in 2A Arkansas.

SOUTHARK99

Good game Friday night Hornets. I expect big things out of them in the playoffs this year.

mr.gametime

Quote from: MagicMike on October 23, 2017, 10:16:50 am
They are the best 2A has to offer. When is the last time somebody not named junction city has had that conference won by week 8? They are the team to beat.

Rison 2015

hesmine_lionpride

Mount Ida all the way! All heart and no quit and in my opinion 10x the team of last year. Until you watch them play you'll never understand. I agree they're not in the toughest conference and I guarantee you they and Coach White know that and they're ready

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 23, 2017, 05:35:17 pm
Mount Ida all the way! All heart and no quit and in my opinion 10x the team of last year. Until you watch them play you'll never understand. I agree they're not in the toughest conference and I guarantee you they and Coach White know that and they're ready
Heart might get you to HG in the semis...it won't get you past them though. Your defense will get abused like every other 2A team they've played this year.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 23, 2017, 06:49:58 pm
Heart might get you to HG in the semis...it won't get you past them though. Your defense will get abused like every other 2A team they've played this year.
Very big words and and big mistake to underestimate these guys because of the conference they're in. Good luck if the time comes

MagicMike

Quote from: mr.gametime on October 23, 2017, 05:09:54 pm
Rison 2015

Nope. Had Rison went 0-2 in weeks 9 & 10, Junction City would have been conference champs.

HG Hornet

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 23, 2017, 07:06:25 pm
Very big words and and big mistake to underestimate these guys because of the conference they're in. Good luck if the time comes
The Beast of 08 likes talking it up, but our players won't take anyone lightly.....much less Mt. Ida.  We know what their disciplined run game can do.  LOTS of football still to play.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 23, 2017, 07:06:25 pm
Defense was the biggest word I used...also me "underestimating" an opponent literally has no affect on the outcome of that game (if Mt Ida makes it that far)

jsw6f0

Mt Ida versus CHG will have the same result as last year just a different field this time. How come the 8 has been on top of the bracket 4 or 5 times out of the last 7 years and the 7 only once. Just wondering I thought they rotated that.

bigworm

Because AAA is a joke. The 6 also had back to back home field all the way through tge last 2 years. Should never ever ever ever happen. It ain't that complicated for anyone with common sense.

hornetfan8

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2017, 10:55:40 pm
Because AAA is a joke. The 6 also had back to back home field all the way through tge last 2 years. Should never ever ever ever happen. It ain't that complicated for anyone with common sense.
Sometimes the bracket just shakes out that way. The 6 didn't have home a bye the past two seasons I don't believe.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 23, 2017, 08:32:32 pm
Defense was the biggest word I used...also me "underestimating" an opponent literally has no affect on the outcome of that game (if Mt Ida makes it that far)
Since you obviously want a response....how many points has MI allowed on average on defense, how many HG? Let's dig a little deeper.....every touchdown MI has allowed has been on second string except for one against Foreman. Yes different conference but no one has went toe to toe with them. What is HG's record? I'd like to know yards after contact for MI because they carry guys bigger than them down the field. Our defense will ABUSE whoever is on the field and get in their head every play. Multiple guys at qb position, multiple guys running the ball, passing game (they don't have to use but could) seasoned team. Add the heart and that's the biggest factor. Different conference but they have dominated. Playoffs may be better games but same outcome if they do their job. MI all the way

bigworm

Quote from: hornetfan8 on October 23, 2017, 11:00:34 pm
Sometimes the bracket just shakes out that way. The 6 didn't have home a bye the past two seasons I don't believe.

Yep. Mccrory was the 1 in 2015. Desarc was the 1 in 2016. Hampton beat DA last tear at DA. Back to back. I know it shouldnt be. But it was. In my opinion all semi final games should he at neutral sites. AAA takes gate money from every playoff game. Least they could do is give us neutral sites. All 4 semi final teams have won their leg of the bracket but 2 are rewarded and 2 punished. And them to have back to back years with same conference having home is unacceptable. Like i said....a joke.

hornetfan8

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2017, 11:13:01 pm
Yep. Mccrory was the 1 in 2015. Desarc was the 1 in 2016. Hampton beat DA last tear at DA. Back to back. I know it shouldnt be. But it was. In my opinion all semi final games should he at neutral sites. AAA takes gate money from every playoff game. Least they could do is give us neutral sites. All 4 semi final teams have won their leg of the bracket but 2 are rewarded and 2 punished. And them to have back to back years with same conference having home is unacceptable. Like i said....a joke.
I knew McCrory had a bye in 2015. But if you remember the 6 has been at home for 3 straight semis then. Because Hazen played their semi game at home but didn't have a week

bigworm

October 23, 2017, 11:29:25 pm #25 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:40:45 pm by bigworm
Looks like hazen was a 1 and played at home because rison was a 2.

And same with the 8. Had home in 2015. Didnt move to bottom of bracket in 2016 so a qtr final road win at des arc put them at home again for semi and they have home again this year. If you have home and a buy one year you should at least be in bottom half the following year. But..........its a joke.

There are 6 2A conferenses. In 3 years every conference should have had home and buy. Very very very simple. Not for our folks......its a joke.

hornetfan8

Quote from: bigworm on October 23, 2017, 11:29:25 pm
Looks like hazen was a 1 and played at home because rison was a 2.

And same with the 8. Had home in 2015. Didnt move to bottom of bracket in 2016 so a qtr final road win at des arc put them at home again for semi and they have home again this year. If you have home and a buy one year you should at least be in bottom half the following year. But..........its a joke.

There are 6 2A conferenses. In 3 years every conference should have had home and buy. Very very very simple. Not for our folks......its a joke.
I agree with you. It shouldn't be difficult. Idk who makes the bracket or how they make them tho.

Hgalum50

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 23, 2017, 11:02:40 pm
Since you obviously want a response....how many points has MI allowed on average on defense, how many HG? Let's dig a little deeper.....every touchdown MI has allowed has been on second string except for one against Foreman. Yes different conference but no one has went toe to toe with them. What is HG's record? I'd like to know yards after contact for MI because they carry guys bigger than them down the field. Our defense will ABUSE whoever is on the field and get in their head every play. Multiple guys at qb position, multiple guys running the ball, passing game (they don't have to use but could) seasoned team. Add the heart and that's the biggest factor. Different conference but they have dominated. Playoffs may be better games but same outcome if they do their job. MI all the way
Ok and who in the crape has Mount Ida played thats any good besides Foreman? I bet Glen Rose and Prescott would beat you to.

hesmine_lionpride

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 24, 2017, 12:00:23 am
Ok and who in the crape has Mount Ida played thats any good besides Foreman? I bet Glen Rose and Prescott would beat you to.
And no one has scored on them except Foreman but they still dominated. They were picked to lose against 3a Jessieville and dominated. Stop thinking it's going to be easy

Coach95

Well they ought to be good playing 2A ball with 3A numbers...give us some 3A numbers in the 6-2A...

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 24, 2017, 06:31:10 am
And no one has scored on them except Foreman but they still dominated. They were picked to lose against 3a Jessieville and dominated. Stop thinking it's going to be easy
Man we all recognize that Mt Ida is a good team. Nobody thinks HG is going to just run over them. Gotta take a joke.

Rida4Life

Mt. Ida may be the only defending champion ever that gets in their feelings when someone else dares make a statement that someone else might be better.
Hampton has been telling is all year how the refs were on your side.  I've seen the film and they definitely have a case.  Without "help" you probably don't beat Hampton last year.  Grove this year is better than they were.  Don't worry.  If you are as good as you "think" you are it will be settled on the field.  If you win then I will gladly admit you were the better team.  Until then I say Harmony Grove and Rison are my favorites to win it all.

southarkdaddy

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Ida fans are really sensitive, perhaps they don't feel they earned their state championship.  News flash everyone else does, nobody has taken anything away from you last year or what you have accomplished this year.  Doesn't change the fact I think CHG will whip your tail in the playoffs.

hesmine_lionpride

I'm not the one getting up in feelings. I put my vote on Ida not downing anyone else and big words like abuse start popping up. Playoffs are going to be fun to watch. Lots of talented teams

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: hesmine_lionpride on October 24, 2017, 10:22:33 am
I'm not the one getting up in feelings. I put my vote on Ida not downing anyone else and big words like abuse start popping up. Playoffs are going to be fun to watch. Lots of talented teams
But this isn't a thread about Mt. Ida...It's about Grove. You came on this thread and brought up Mt. Ida. Mt. Ida literally had nothing to do with this conversation. This reminds me of Smackover posters a few years ago that tried to hijack every thread.

Rida4Life

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 24, 2017, 10:32:58 am
But this isn't a thread about Mt. Ida...It's about Grove. You came on this thread and brought up Mt. Ida. Mt. Ida literally had nothing to do with this conversation. This reminds me of Smackover posters a few years ago that tried to hijack every thread.
And Hampton fans EVERY year!  LOL

jsw6f0

Does Grove have the same line as last year? Is there offense and defense very stronger or weaker?

Hgalum50

Quote from: jsw6f0 on October 24, 2017, 11:39:08 am
Does Grove have the same line as last year? Is there offense and defense very stronger or weaker?
We have the same line minus a few. Our offense can score some points quick and our defense is pretty salty. They do good enough to get the stops we need to win. They also force a heck of alot of turnovers.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 24, 2017, 11:46:06 am
We have the same line minus a few. Our offense can score some points quick and our defense is pretty salty. They do good enough to get the stops we need to win. They also force a heck of alot of turnovers.

Ask Rison how good their defense is...when is the last time a Totty-coached Rison squad has ever turned the ball over 6 times in a game?

Hgalum50

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 24, 2017, 12:16:57 pm
Ask Rison how good their defense is...when is the last time a Totty-coached Rison squad has ever turned the ball over 6 times in a game?
It has been a good while if ever!

Traindad84

I skipped the Mt Ida game Friday night to go watch HG and Rison. Being from Mt Ida I am used to seeing a pretty big crowd but that was impressive Friday night. Anybody have a head count?

FilmCrew

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 24, 2017, 10:32:58 am

I am a Mount Ida fan and I completely agree with you!!!

BlueNGold52

I'm with you please dont lump all the Mount Ida fans together I believe hesmine has a grand total of 5 posts!! Trust me most of us understand that CHG is very good and they have played tougher competition. Several of Mount Ida's players talk with CHG's players on social media and there is a mutual respect and I expect if they meet in the playoffs it will be a great game. Both CHG and Mount Ida have shown they are good teams. And thats all that needs said until the time comes they meet each other.

Hgalum50

Quote from: BlueNGold52 on October 24, 2017, 04:05:21 pm
I'm with you please dont lump all the Mount Ida fans together I believe hesmine has a grand total of 5 posts!! Trust me most of us understand that CHG is very good and they have played tougher competition. Several of Mount Ida's players talk with CHG's players on social media and there is a mutual respect and I expect if they meet in the playoffs it will be a great game. Both CHG and Mount Ida have shown they are good teams. And thats all that needs said until the time comes they meet each other.
Thank You, and well put! I know Mount Ida is a great team. Don't think I meant that Mount Ida is not by what I said. It was just a fact. Mount Ida will make another really great run this year. Hope HG and Mount Ida meet again.

bear for life

Hold tight u guys have yall not looked at the bracket it's loaded a lot of good teams are gonna get upset by the underdogs starting round 1

hesmine_lionpride

Right 5 posts so I'm not trying to intrude on anything. I was just trying to give props to MI because as always I think they're looked at as the underdog because of the conference they're in. I know HG is an awesome team and lots of others. I'm not the one that kept on and is keeping on now. FYI to whoever called me a man...wrong...I'm a mom. Y'all boys have a good night ;)

HG Hornet

Quote from: Traindad84 on October 24, 2017, 03:15:08 pm
I skipped the Mt Ida game Friday night to go watch HG and Rison. Being from Mt Ida I am used to seeing a pretty big crowd but that was impressive Friday night. Anybody have a head count?
That is THE MOST people I have ever seen at a Harmony Grove game!  Literally standing room only all the way to the concession stand.  Lots of Camden-Fairview people there as well as a few Parkers Chapel Trojans.  That game was BIG BIG BIG for us.

HG Hornet

You're right about the Hornets and Lions players keeping up with each other.  My son made several friends from Mt. Ida at the UCA camp two summers ago.  I have a great picture from last year's game between CHG and Mt. Ida of three Lions hugging my son after the game. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 24, 2017, 12:16:57 pm
One was unforced on the second half kickoff, but the others (1 fumble & 4 interceptions) were created by our defense.  They play hard.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bear for life on October 24, 2017, 04:58:23 pm
Hold tight u guys have yall not looked at the bracket it's loaded a lot of good teams are gonna get upset by the underdogs starting round 1
I think you're right.  I predicted both Bearden and Hampton moving on into week 2.  And Rison won't get knocked out in week 1 either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas