• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A thought for Wynne fans.

Started by JessieP, October 14, 2017, 11:00:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

October 14, 2017, 11:00:16 am Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:03:24 am by JessieP
I'm seeing where there has been a lot of groaning about the new coach. After last night it's gotten louder. Ask yourself this, what was Hill's record against Batesville? The cold hard fact is that Batesville has beat Wynne 11 times in 15 years. Last night was NOT a shock nor was it the new coaches fault, it was normal. Last year we were taunted by the lopsided score, it was brutal. When any Batesville fan pointed out FACTUALLY that our 5 best defensive players didn't suit up we were called cry babies, making excuses. How did Wynne look in the 2nd half with #7 limited? Injuries matter. Wynne is top heavy with seniors. Next year will be a rebuilding year, big time. The new coach is a good coach, his resume speaks for itself. Give him a couple years to make the team his own. You need to realize last years team wasn't as great as you claimed and this years team isn't as bad as you claim. Batesville is a good team and they have a great coach.

Put away your torches and pitch forks and let the coach be a coach.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2017, 11:00:16 am
I'm seeing where there has been a lot of groaning about the new coach. After last night it's gotten louder. Ask yourself this, what was Hill's record against Batesville? The cold hard fact is that Batesville has beat Wynne 11 times in 15 years. Last night was NOT a shock nor was it the new coaches fault, it was normal. Last year we were taunted by the lopsided score, it was brutal. When any Batesville fan pointed out FACTUALLY that our 5 best defensive players didn't suit up we were called cry babies, making excuses. How did Wynne look in the 2nd half with #7 limited? Injuries matter. Wynne is top heavy with seniors. Next year will be a rebuilding year, big time. The new coach is a good coach, his resume speaks for itself. Give him a couple years to make the team his own. You need to realize last years team wasn't as great as you claimed and this years team isn't as bad as you claim. Batesville is a good team and they have a great coach.

Good post.

Gravelbar

Quote from: IMSwarmed on October 14, 2017, 12:03:43 pm
Good post.
I went last night and it wasn't the coach.  Wynne has zero passing game and Batesville did have their number on the running game.  Batesville D line got penetration and made several tackles behind or at the line of scrimmage.  Batesville kept them off balance on offense with their passing game and connected a couple of long ones.  Wynne is big and physical, but Batesville smacked grills with them and didn't quit.  They're some tough dudes and played till the final second. Congrats to Batesville on a big win, upset?  Yeah, I would say so, but these two teams are pretty well matched.  Both made some huge mistakes though that cost them.  Would the outcome have been different if #7 hadn't gotten dinged right before half?  I don't think so last night, but the score might have been a little closer--he's a player and a difference maker, but I'm Batesville has lost a couple of good players too.  Both of these teams deserve watching the remainder of the season--Batesville's starting to hit their stride and I wouldn't want to be on their schedule in 5A East right now.  Wynne will recover--I hope #7 has and will be OK because he clearly wasn't as mobile the second half when he tried to run the ball. Congrats to Batesville for a big Wynne.

Intelligentsia

Behind 16-21 early in the second half I commented to those around me that win or lose, it had already been a great game.  Wynne missed on a couple of great opportunities and Batesville made them pay.  I felt and posted before the game that Batesville had made changes that would make this a good game, primarily a willingness to throw the ball early and often as demonstrated against Forrest City.   It was also obvious that the defensive line had improved significantly over what had already been a strength.  As a result, the Pioneers put together about as good a good an all around effort possible for their talent level and size.  Now Wynne and Batesville  just needs to take care of business the remainder of the season and then with a little help from Valley View against Nettleton, all can return to normal in the 5-A East.😎

Gravelbar

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2017, 06:30:55 pm
Behind 16-21 early in the second half I commented to those around me that win or lose, it had already been a great game.  Wynne missed on a couple of great opportunities and Batesville made them pay.  I felt and posted before the game that Batesville had made changes that would make this a good game, primarily a willingness to throw the ball early and often as demonstrated against Forrest City.   It was also obvious that the defensive line had improved significantly over what had already been a strength.  As a result, the Pioneers put together about as good a good an all around effort possible for their talent level and size.  Now Wynne and Batesville  just needs to take care of business the remainder of the season and then with a little help from Valley View against Nettleton, all can return to normal in the 5-A East.😎
I agree that Batesville had a good game all around--they started really rough, but rebounded and put the pedal down and the mistakes diminished.  Batesville has a better kicker than the Arkansas Razorbacks---that kid can kick a pigskin and will play college ball somewhere if he wants too.  He kicked a 40 plus yarder that had more gas to go further...someone said he has kicked a 55 yard FG and I believe it...he's pretty good.

The_Pioneer

The punter is college level too.

Gravelbar

JessieP

Quote from: Gravelbar on October 15, 2017, 09:38:45 am
YES

Our kicking game is awesome. I honestly think Nelson can put it in the end zone anytime he wants. One of my favorite parts Friday night was when our punter got hurt, not bad, late in the game. One of our stars ran over and took 3 practice punts into the net, he hadn't punted in 3 years. He runs out on 4th down and booms a mile high 50 yard punt! when it goes well, it goes well.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2017, 09:50:52 am
Our kicking game is awesome. I honestly think Nelson can put it in the end zone anytime he wants. One of my favorite parts Friday night was when our punter got hurt, not bad, late in the game. One of our stars ran over and took 3 practice punts into the net, he hadn't punted in 3 years. He runs out on 4th down and booms a mile high 50 yard punt! when it goes well, it goes well.

What is a punt?

STBruin

Gravelbar

The_Pioneer

Quote from: PA Dad on October 15, 2017, 11:20:16 am
What is a punt?

Didn't you hear?  It comes in the envelope with the cash that PA players get when they sign up to play for KK.

tmycjy

Hey would like to make a point on behalf if van Paschal reamber
Chris Hill never won in Batesville when he was head coach at Wynne

Now Chris hill games at Batesville
37-8 Batesville lost point margin wwas 29
37-12 Batesville lost point margin was 25
31-14 Batesville lost point margin was 17

Now van Paschal game with Batesville
39-21 lost point margin was 18
The only other time I reamber Paschal playing Batesville was
2010 Batesville 27 Monticello 7 point margin was 20

Now in my opinion I think on point margin of playing at Batesville Paschal done better

Idindonuffin

When the job came open, certain ones wanted the job and people started taking sides. Some are jumping on anything to denigrate the new program. They need move on and be supportive.

JessieP

Quote from: tmycjy on October 15, 2017, 03:10:42 pm
Hey would like to make a point on behalf if van Paschal reamber
Chris Hill never won in Batesville when he was head coach at Wynne

Now Chris hill games at Batesville
37-8 Batesville lost point margin wwas 29
37-12 Batesville lost point margin was 25
31-14 Batesville lost point margin was 17

Now van Paschal game with Batesville
39-21 lost point margin was 18
The only other time I reamber Paschal playing Batesville was
2010 Batesville 27 Monticello 7 point margin was 20

Now in my opinion I think on point margin of playing at Batesville Paschal done better

Great post. My point was exactly that. Give the new coach time. Some Wynne fans act like losing at Batesville is something new, like Hill would never stand for that. Folks, Hill stood for it quite often. Wynne will still be Wynne, there not going anywhere. Maybe over time he can get them to do away with that moronic riverdance they do when lining up for kick-offs.

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on October 15, 2017, 04:06:22 pm
Great post. My point was exactly that. Give the new coach time. Some Wynne fans act like losing at Batesville is something new, like Hill would never stand for that. Folks, Hill stood for it quite often. Wynne will still be Wynne, there not going anywhere. Maybe over time he can get them to do away with that moronic riverdance they do when lining up for kick-offs.

Heck, darn near everyone losses at Batesville

Grond

A question to the Pioneer fans (or anyone, really):

Why do think Batesville was able to beat Wynne, but not beat Nettleton?

JessieP

Quote from: Grond on October 15, 2017, 11:13:26 pm

I think Nettleton is better then people realize and Batesville was still shifting players and making young mistakes. Nettleton only had like 2 sustained drives, many times Batesville had them in 3rd and long put would give up 20 yards on a pass play. Taking nothing away from Nettleton, they plain beat us, they are for real. Beat PA real? not even close. Even with Wynne and Batesville? yes. But they did have a few long plays where the Pioneers were standing around after pointing fingers and having that "you were supposed to be there", "no, that was your guy" type conversation. Total confusion. The past 4 games the D looks much tighter and organized. Our front 7 has always been stout and now our db's are playing lights out. The Batesville Nettleton beat is not the Batesville that beat Wynne.

MDXPHD

Speed. And spreading the field. Wynne's strength on offense is different than Nettleton. Wynne powers it quite often, and Batesville can play some solid run defense. Nettleton spread the ball wide quite a bit and has more overall team speed than Wynne. It was a matchup problem. Wynne will matchup better with nettleton than Batesville did. Sure, it was early in the season, but that wasn't the main problem.

Intelligentsia

October 16, 2017, 07:01:18 am #19 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:03:32 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Grond link=topic=153444.msg3524493#msg3524493 date=1508127 ed206

Offensively,  the Pioneers are now a different team, as well.  The line play has improved; the young QB who is now full time, has additional experience, and play calling has taken better advantage of player talent.  We also now appear to be passing to set up the run.

Eddie Goodson

Anybody griping about Van Paschal wouldn't recognize a good football coach when they saw one.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 16, 2017, 09:00:40 am
Anybody griping about Van Paschal wouldn't recognize a good football coach when they saw one.

Absolutely a fact.

Gravelbar

He will be fine, Wynne needs to develop a passing game though---they already have some power.  Wynne has a good program and he will make it better--

panther07

Quote from: JessieP on October 14, 2017, 11:00:16 am

What a refreshing take.  People don't ever want to take a look at the players on the field in an honest take.  Probably because they are either parents or friends with players' parents.  Sometimes that can be hard to be honest about.  More times than not, good coaches don't forget how to coach.  Just refreshing to see a person not going at a coach's neck because they lost a game to a really good team. 

wolfman1209

I like Coach Paschal he is good guy

Rampage72501

Not only a good coach, but an even better person.

JessieP

Agreed.

Grond

Thanks for your analysis MDXPHD, Intelligentsia, & JessieP. Good answers, and +1 all around.

The_Pioneer

The other aspect of it is we know Wynne.  We know how they play and what they plan to do.  And they have a decent fix on us.  Nettleton is new to the party.  Let's call a spade a spade, no one in Batesville thinks about Nettleton when they look at the schedule.  And they have a quality team this year, so the margin for error was nil. 

86jacketstchamps

October 20, 2017, 08:47:33 pm #29 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:49:14 pm by 86jacketstchamps
Very confusing night in Wynne tonight vs Paragould.   Thought i had seen it all, but nope.   

Go Jackets!!

olemissjacket99

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 20, 2017, 08:47:33 pm
Very confusing night in Wynne tonight vs Paragould.   Thought i had seen it all, but nope.   

Go Jackets!!
I missed parts of the game.  What I miss??

ricericebaby

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on October 20, 2017, 08:47:33 pm

Go Jackets!!
Fill us in K Lee?

winner86

Could be at how did Paragould hang in there with Forrest City ?

MikeDieselâ„¢

My answer is that you want to play Batesville in the first or second conference game.  They always improve as the year goes on and you'll have a better chance of defeating them (especially at Batesville) earlier in the season.

The_Pioneer

Nettleton has been close in the past as well.  That loss didn't surprise me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas