• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida @ Hector Round 2

Started by Wildcatalumni21, November 09, 2018, 11:37:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on November 10, 2018, 08:27:22 pm
I went to Hector this year during Magazines open week.  Was incredible environment!!!  Tough place to get a win for sure.

Hector was a great road trip for Bearden. They put on a good show & just down right friendly folk. Their fan base can rally the troops too.

SWAT11

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 05:39:05 pm
Foreman is the real deal when healthy they are the only ones that had more total yards in a game than Mt Ida. When they are healthy they can flat go.

Fake news!  Gurdon shut Ida's Offense down and out gained them. Carry on!

Ida outgained Gurdon. But Gurdon did hold them way under season average.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on November 11, 2018, 09:16:37 pm
Hector was a great road trip for Bearden. They put on a good show & just down right friendly folk. Their fan base can rally the troops too.
Always enjoy welcoming our friends from the 8 lol

godgiven999

Quote from: SWAT11 on November 11, 2018, 10:45:04 pm
Quote from: SWAT11 on November 10, 2018, 05:39:05 pm
Foreman is the real deal when healthy they are the only ones that had more total yards in a game than Mt Ida. When they are healthy they can flat go.

Fake news!  Gurdon shut Ida's Offense down and out gained them. Carry on!

Ida outgained Gurdon. But Gurdon did hold them way under season average.
Gurdon 202 yards  14 points
Mt Ida 158 yards  6 points

IdaLions

Quote from: godgiven999 on November 12, 2018, 06:53:18 am
Gurdon 202 yards  14 points
Mt Ida 158 yards  6 points

Mount Ida's offense has been their strong point this year. It's going to have to improve big time if we want to survive in the playoffs

IdaLions

Quote from: IdaLions on November 12, 2018, 10:59:52 am
Mount Ida's offense has been their strong point this year. It's going to have to improve big time if we want to survive in the playoffs

has not been* oops

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: IdaLions on November 12, 2018, 10:59:52 am
You guys shouldn't have a problem with us this week. We are in a terrible conference that hasn't prepared us for anything, we are small, slow, and soft. Our boys are looking forward to baseball season and may just not even show up Friday night. I figure y'all will just dominate us in all aspects of the game and will have us mercy ruled in the 1st quarter. Idk what any of us was thinking that we could compete with any team from the almighty 7 🤔

72aDaddy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 12, 2018, 11:17:18 am
You guys shouldn't have a problem with us this week. We are in a terrible conference that hasn't prepared us for anything, we are small, slow, and soft. Our boys are looking forward to baseball season and may just not even show up Friday night. I figure y'all will just dominate us in all aspects of the game and will have us mercy ruled in the 1st quarter. Idk what any of us was thinking that we could compete with any team from the almighty 7 🤔
You say that tougne in cheek. But it's reality, and Friday you will see.

baseball13

Hector wins going away Friday night.

OLionSwag74

softballfan

Mt. Ida wins easily. I am going to say by 18.

Wildcatalumni21

72aDaddy

Mount Ida handily beat everyone they played outside of Foreman and Gurdon. There is 0 reason to believe they will not do the same thing to Hector. Hector has done nothing on the field this season to suggest otherwise.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 12, 2018, 12:59:14 pm
Mount Ida handily beat everyone they played outside of Foreman and Gurdon. There is 0 reason to believe they will not do the same thing to Hector. Hector has done nothing on the field this season to suggest otherwise.
Have you seen us play?

jsw6f0

You lost to Magazine. C'mon man.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: jsw6f0 on November 12, 2018, 01:08:34 pm
You lost to Magazine. C'mon man.
And Foreman lost to Mineral? Can a team not have a bad night? We had 5 fumbles that night and have changed personnel in places on both sides of the ball since then. I guess we should just let y'all move on to the 3rd Round then since it's basically a waste of yalls time right?

72aDaddy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 12, 2018, 01:12:12 pm
And Foreman lost to Mineral? Can a team not have a bad night? We had 5 fumbles that night and have changed personnel in places on both sides of the ball since then. I guess we should just let y'all move on to the 3rd Round then since it's basically a waste of yalls time right?
I'm not an Ida lion. I have no dog in this fight. But logic says this is going to be an uphill battle for Hector. Mount Ida has a salty squad that will push Hector around. They may not be as good as JC, but MI is at the very least sitting at the table with JC whereas Hector is in the alley waiting on scraps...Or so says the 48-7 final.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 12, 2018, 01:37:24 pm
I'm not an Ida lion. I have no dog in this fight. But logic says this is going to be an uphill battle for Hector. Mount Ida has a salty squad that will push Hector around. They may not be as good as JC, but MI is at the very least sitting at the table with JC whereas Hector is in the alley waiting on scraps...Or so says the 48-7 final.
THATS JUST MEAN DIDDY

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: 72aDaddy on November 12, 2018, 01:37:24 pm
We are okay with an "uphill battle". We are underdogs year in and year out. This is our down year and we are still conference champs and playing in the 2nd round. I know your not an Ida fan, your a Gurdon poster. Which means if Hector gets beat Friday, then we'll be in the same boat as y'all headed to the hardwood cuz y'all are facing an "uphill battle" in Hazen as well

OLionSwag74

dawgpound

Wildcatalumni21

What is wrong with Hootens?! They only picked Ida by 12?? They must not get on here and read cuz it's supposed to be a mercy rule

Redzone

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 12, 2018, 09:01:45 pm
What is wrong with Hootens?! They only picked Ida by 12?? They must not get on here and read cuz it's supposed to be a mercy rule

Don't be surprised if it actually is a mercy rule lol

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Redzone on November 12, 2018, 09:16:32 pm
Don't be surprised if it actually is a mercy rule lol
If it is, I'll be the first to come on here and eat my crow but I just don't see it happening. I've always given credit where it's due and not ashamed of losing if a team just flat out outplays us

IdaLions

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 12, 2018, 09:01:45 pm

listen, us here at Mount Ida know that we aren't going to just walk all over y'all. Y'all won conference for a reason, and hector has had a good history of being winners lately. It will be a tough game and frankly I think it'll come down in the 4th quarter. I don't know if you know what I meant by my last post. I meant that Mount Ida has a struggling offense, and if they(as in Mount Ida) don't improve, it will be a long night. Most people won't believe it, but Mount Ida is kinda down too, very excited for the drive up there, and to see what Friday has in store for us.

who-knew

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: IdaLions on November 13, 2018, 07:51:54 am
listen, us here at Mount Ida know that we aren't going to just walk all over y'all. Y'all won conference for a reason, and hector has had a good history of being winners lately. It will be a tough game and frankly I think it'll come down in the 4th quarter. I don't know if you know what I meant by my last post. I meant that Mount Ida has a struggling offense, and if they(as in Mount Ida) don't improve, it will be a long night. Most people won't believe it, but Mount Ida is kinda down too, very excited for the drive up there, and to see what Friday has in store for us.
I was mainly just going on with the other posters not you. We look forward to the challenge in front of us Friday. We know to get respect we have to beat a team like Ida. Hope y'all enjoy the hospitality. Does Ida fans travel well? I'm asking bc if so, y'all might wanna bring lawn chairs and stuff bc I will admit our visitors seating is not very good at all

M.I. D

FYI Mount Ida isn't down. They have had a team capable of winning a State Championship for the last 3 years. Numbers are a little down but we have some really good players and they are capable of beating anyone if they play great.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I. D on November 13, 2018, 03:12:02 pm
FYI Mount Ida isn't down. They have had a team capable of winning a State Championship for the last 3 years. Numbers are a little down but we have some really good players and they are capable of beating anyone if they play great.

that beating anyone if they play great goes for about every team left.

M.I. D

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 13, 2018, 03:34:14 pm

that beating anyone if they play great goes for about every team left.

About is a BIG word

OLionSwag74

November 13, 2018, 04:02:24 pm #81 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 04:05:44 pm by OLionSwag74
Mount Ida rushed for 367 yards against Bearden to Junction City's 177. Mount Ida can pound that rock.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

IdaLions

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 13, 2018, 11:22:43 am
I was mainly just going on with the other posters not you. We look forward to the challenge in front of us Friday. We know to get respect we have to beat a team like Ida. Hope y'all enjoy the hospitality. Does Ida fans travel well? I'm asking bc if so, y'all might wanna bring lawn chairs and stuff bc I will admit our visitors seating is not very good at all

We bring a decent crowd lol

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: IdaLions on November 13, 2018, 07:47:45 pm
We bring a decent crowd lol
If you could just pass the word thatvif don't get the early and y'all bring quite a bit then you'll either be standing the whole game unless bring a chair

TDTerry

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 09, 2018, 11:41:08 pm
Well...reading the other threads this year....Not playing them in that hole in Ida shaves about 14-21 points off the expected point spread?

That said is Mt Ida healthy? Thought I read on here that Lagrange was out for the gurdon game?

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 13, 2018, 09:08:14 pm
If you could just pass the word thatvif don't get the early and y'all bring quite a bit then you'll either be standing the whole game unless bring a chair
I like to sit on the Home side in situations like this!

Wildcatalumni21

I just realized this will be the first time these 2 teams have played since 1998 in the 1st round of the playoffs

GatorBall

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 12, 2018, 11:17:18 am

I sense a little sarcasm...but that is HILARIOUS!!

On a serious note, I don't know if you have ever seen Ida's offense work but when it is going good and LaGrange is running hard....MAN their hard to stop!! Literally, they bring the phrase "Ground and Pound" to life!!

HorseFeathers

I seen it....It's always tough to stop an offense with a stud back, that is happy with 3-4 yards a play and grinds out every drive...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: GatorBall on November 14, 2018, 09:10:28 am
I sense a little sarcasm...but that is HILARIOUS!!

On a serious note, I don't know if you have ever seen Ida's offense work but when it is going good and LaGrange is running hard....MAN their hard to stop!! Literally, they bring the phrase "Ground and Pound" to life!!
Lots of sarcasm lol. No I haven't except for the replay of state championship last year. I really do look forward to it and even in the post when started this thread I mentioned I can't wait to see the Lagrange kid in person. Have always respected Coach White and what he's done there! It can be very demoralizing to know what a team is gonna do and still not be able to stop it! We know it's not gonna be easy but we have a pretty balanced offense ourselves and can put up some points, just hope for a good, clean game

Lionsquatch

I loved being a part of that offense because seeing how defenses react to being pushed 3-4 yards/play down the field for 10+ minutes is a fun thing.  They get so frustrated because they know it's coming, and they still can't stop it and that is demoralizing

DnA Prostaff

Good Luck to the Wildcats! Pulling for you in this one!

MisterSneed

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on November 10, 2018, 07:34:02 pm
We run the Power I. It is definitely a fun place to play for sure though

Hector is an interesting place.  Played for a state title early 2000s correct? And then if I remember correctly didn't even field a team for a few years? Program comes back and has been rolling since.  Similar to Magazine when they went 0-10 then won the ship in 2010.  It's just interesting to me how some small 2As like Hector and Magazine can do this and others try and never flourish and get hammered i.e. Western Yell County from same area...thoughts?

DnA Prostaff

November 14, 2018, 01:00:11 pm #94 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:07:11 pm by DnA Prostaff
Just my opinion, but it is normal for schools to have cycles of athletes especially at the 2a level. No matter the sport. The same ups and downs come in basketball, track, and heck probably even quiz bowl!  I think the football teams in the 2a that are consistent and steady year in and year out come down to 2 things.   #1 fan support/community, and #2 a coach that establishes a culture.   

WYC is from the same area, but they don't have near the fan support that Magazine does.  This year the rattler fans have had a lot of hype and have built the team up, (don't believe me just check out Rattler threads on here).   Last year the head coach (WYC) resigned toward the end of the season for something to do with lack of support. Not sure of that whole story so I won't make assumptions.   WYC has a new coach that I believe will move them in a positive direction but I have also heard they are going 8 man next year.   Hector ALWAYS has full stands and an expectancy to do well.

Around here, the younger kids can't wait to wear the Sr high jersey and play under the lights, smell the burgers cooking, the fans yelling, the announcer getting excited...the cheerleaders doing their thing, the band playing....

It is sad that when we travel to other places in a down year, that we have more fans in the visitors bleachers by more than double the amount of fans on the homeside..... 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MisterSneed on November 14, 2018, 12:39:54 pm
Hector is an interesting place.  Played for a state title early 2000s correct? And then if I remember correctly didn't even field a team for a few years? Program comes back and has been rolling since.  Similar to Magazine when they went 0-10 then won the ship in 2010.  It's just interesting to me how some small 2As like Hector and Magazine can do this and others try and never flourish and get hammered i.e. Western Yell County from same area...thoughts?
Played for title in 98 and got beat by Shiloh. Didn't have a team in 2010, 2011 was a rebuild, and since 2012 have won or shared the conference championship 5 out of the 6 years. Alot of pride in being a Wildcat around here and another thing is when you get kids with a winning mentality and attitude then anything is possible!

N2DEEP

to me Ida revolves around their QB. Vs MC he was way more of an issue than LaGrange was. D line needs to focus on the FB, but the LB and CB's need to watch the QB

LJ1985

Two programs very rich in tradition.  This game will be very tight and will come down to who doesn't make the big turnover.  That being said I will go with Mount Ida 20-14.

Wildcatalumni21

M.I. D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas