• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional and State Bids

Started by Nomad1324, January 10, 2018, 08:00:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad1324

SportsReporter

How to bids work? I seen dc Harding and manila were all under region 4 this year. Will they play at three different places or will are those all the teams with bids and one will be picked? When will winner bids b announced?

Nomad1324

Quote from: SportsReporter on January 11, 2018, 12:54:46 pm
How to bids work? I seen dc Harding and manila were all under region 4 this year. Will they play at three different places or will are those all the teams with bids and one will be picked? When will winner bids b announced?

Bids are presented today in LR, winners will be announced later today. Only one school will host.

teachers pet

Rosebud gets Region 2 tournament

teachers pet

CTEPirateFan

RedWolf275

what kind of gym does Drew Central have?

CTEPirateFan

Built in the 80s. Recently had an A/C unit installed. The court is stained to have a Pirate ship sailing the seas. Pull-out bleachers for the visitor side and wooden benches for the home side with plastic seats with backs on them scattered across the center of the home side's front few rows. It'll be a packed house everyday willing everyone makes the journey south.

RedWolf275

neaguru

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 11, 2018, 04:18:56 pm
what kind of gym does Drew Central have?
Definitely the worse gym out of the 3 bids. Harding would've been the best place for state.

drybones

Congrats to the pirates on being awarded the bid. We enjoy playing there every year in the mini-state tournament.
I'm surprised the gym meets the seating requirements though.  How many will it seat?

bobcats

While it may be large enough for state it falls well short on quality.  Any of you that have been to state tournaments over the last decade have grown accustom to the newer gyms will be disappointed.

Head Lion

AAA would have made $5-10k more at either of the 2 places. Congrats to Drew Central, tough act to follow Bald Knob last year. Gym looks like it MIGHT hold 1400. ☹️

RedWolf275

Of course I was pulling for Manila due to geography but it's also a big gym with a big lobby.

CTEPirateFan

It meets qualifications although everyone may not be seated as comfortably as they may be used to. It's packed out every time we host our crosstown rival Monticello which has been standing room only before the blended conferences moved the games to Tuesday night rather than a Saturday. I was there the other night searching for a capacity sign, but it was hiding from me.

CoolBreeze

January 12, 2018, 12:00:35 pm #15 Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:04:36 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: neaguru on January 11, 2018, 05:32:37 pm
Definitely the worse gym out of the 3 bids. Harding would've been the best place for state.
I'm assuming the games would have been played at HU instead of HA. If so, I would agree. Good facility. More centrally located and more accessible via US 64/67. More places to stay and eat than many smaller communities.

But as I said in an earlier post, it's been held in Searcy twice in less than 10 years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas