• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuckerman Bulldogs vs Batesville Southside

Started by Hoopfan101, January 02, 2018, 08:38:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoopfan101

January 02, 2018, 08:38:56 pm Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:57:28 pm by Hoopfan101
Huge win for the Bulldogs and coach Josh Bateman over a good Bateville Southside team at Southside. 37-34 with a 3 at the buzzer by Ke Roberson. 18-1 on year. Great job Bulldogs!!

Fatbackhawgballz

TTownfan

TruthHurts

If you like watching a game of keep away against the time clock, I guess you could call it a good game. A good example of why HS basketball needs a shot clock. First one to 37 wins, is not a "good game"

TTownfan

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 04, 2018, 03:59:55 pm
If you like watching a game of keep away against the time clock, I guess you could call it a good game. A good example of why HS basketball needs a shot clock. First one to 37 wins, is not a "good game"

Loved it.

Ctucker

I would have love to seen it! If teams don't like it pick the tempo up if you can if you cant it's not the other teams fault!

TruthHurts

It's not anybodies fault, 37 points is just not a "good game" to watch imo.

TTownfan

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 05, 2018, 07:58:14 am

And we are all entitled to our opinion.........In my opinion it was a great game to watch.  Were you at the game?

JacketDad

Quote from: TruthHurts on January 05, 2018, 07:58:14 am
Maybe if his team had scored 37 and the other team scored 34 it would have been a MUCH better game.

TruthHurts

Keep Away Bzzzzr Baaa! 37 points a game! So fun to watch. Fills the stands up, it does.

BigLion10

jsky14

I can enjoying a well played low scoring game as well as a high scoring game with lots of fouls, jacking up 3s, etc.

TTownfan

Many people touted the Brookland/Tuckerman game at the NEA as one of the best games of the tournament because it showcased two great tacticians going head to head. (Coach Gross and Coach Bateman) Final score was 43-40 Brookland.

Coach Bateman takes his team to SS and wins 37-34 and you guys want to call it a snoozer or boring. Truth is the game was a showcase of a great tactician with a great game plan and a group of great kids that executed the plan to a "T."

If you think the correct game plan should've been "I'm going against a 6'10" kid and a 6'6" kid so I want to shoot quick and give them as many touches as possible" you probably aren't coaching.  If you are you darn sure shouldn't be.

JacketDad

Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 05, 2018, 01:16:39 pm
Many people touted the Brookland/Tuckerman game at the NEA as one of the best games of the tournament because it showcased two great tacticians going head to head. (Coach Gross and Coach Bateman) Final score was 43-40 Brookland.

Coach Bateman takes his team to SS and wins 37-34 and you guys want to call it a snoozer or boring. Truth is the game was a showcase of a great tactician with a great game plan and a group of great kids that executed the plan to a "T."

If you think the correct game plan should've been "I'm going against a 6'10" kid and a 6'6" kid so I want to shoot quick and give them as many touches as possible" you probably aren't coaching.  If you are you darn sure shouldn't be.
This +1

Bbal789

Exactly, totally agree with you

TTownfan

So you are in favor of an external system dictating the pace of play?  Shouldn't the best or most prepared team dictate the pace of play?

Again I ask...............Were you at the game????

Radiotalker

I watched the Osceola/Brookland game the other night. Osceola is fast paced and pressing all over the court. One of the great tacticians tried to do the same.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 05, 2018, 03:12:28 pm
So you are in favor of an external system dictating the pace of play?  Shouldn't the best or most prepared team dictate the pace of play?

Again I ask...............Were you at the game????
Looks to me like some fans on FF want to dictate the pace of play. If a team cannot play at a slower pace and still win, it's not a complete team.

TTownfan

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 05, 2018, 03:35:48 pm
I watched the Osceola/Brookland game the other night. Osceola is fast paced and pressing all over the court. One of the great tacticians tried to do the same.

Thanks for validating my point Radiotalker.  I wasn't at the Osceola/Brookland game, but I would think Coach Gross wanted to keep the game in the 40's.  Osceola is dang good and from the score I would assume they dictated the pace of play WITHOUT A SHOT CLOCK!!!!   

TheSpecial

I can't stress this enough. I'm sorry the school we like isn't blessed with 6'10 post players or insanely athletic guards, but we will find a way to beat a team with those players.

HorseFeathers

Watched an invitational tournament over Christmas that used a shot clock, most games were still slow paced 40-50 games....so not like it would increase scoring that much

ISU7

Great game against Batesville SS then lose to Trumann very consistent. 8)

Fatbackhawgballz

It's very hard to go undefeated. Trumann earned the victory in a hard fought game. Tuckerman didn't go easily. Trumann shot the lights out from 3 nearly all game. Trumann is a good team with a lot of athleticism and size. Their record doesn't reflect how good they can be when they're hitting everything like last night. Give them credit. It wasn't that Tuckerman was outclassed, outmanned, or inconsistent. Trumann was just the team that did what it had to to win a great high school game.

TTownfan

Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2018, 06:24:13 am
Great game against Batesville SS then lose to Trumann very consistent. 8)

You seem to be a consistent rear!!!

ISU7

January 07, 2018, 11:50:21 pm #24 Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:19:08 am by ISU7
Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 07, 2018, 03:05:21 pm
You seem to be a consistent rear!!!
Lol we are champions over here in something and the last 3A boys to win it all in BB  from NEA corner , what about yall. ;D 8) ;D 8)

TTownfan

January 08, 2018, 04:35:54 am #25 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:56:58 am by Outoftownfan
Quote from: ISU7 on January 07, 2018, 11:50:21 pm
Lol we are champions over here in something and the last 3A boys to win in all in BB  from NEA corner , what about yall. ;D 8) ;D 8)

Coach Bateman's first year Tuckerman won 8 games.  Last year they won 31 games and lost in the state finals.  To this point in the year they're 19-2.  The jr. high team has lost 2 games. The 7th grade didnt lose a game the last 2 years.  The present and future is bright. Tuckerman is doing ok.  Thanks for asking. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 08, 2018, 04:35:54 am
Coach Bateman's first year Tuckerman won 8 games.  Last year they won 31 games and lost in the state finals.  To this point in the year they're 19-2.  The jr. high team has lost 2 games. The 7th grade didnt lose a game the last 2 years.  The present and future is bright. Tuckerman is doing ok.  Thanks for asking.
Glad to see some Tuckerman fans getting active on FF. Previously, it has seemed like something was missing with little info on one of the top teams in 3A.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 08, 2018, 04:35:54 am
No doubt about it, Bateman has got it going on at Tuckerman! Be interesting to see if they can hang on to him in the future.

Fatbackhawgballz

He will not go anywhere. His family loves it here.

ISU7

TTownfan

Leo Marvin

High school basketball is in definite need of a shot clock.  I've not paid much attention because, frankly, I'm from Newport.  Come on August!!

JacketDad

ISU7

Quote from: JacketDad on January 10, 2018, 10:37:41 am
01/04 Tuckerman 61 Rivercrest 38  ;D ;D
Trumann 58 Tuckerman 54..
Trumann Kell Champs😂

Fatbackhawgballz

Was you at the Kell Finals? If you was then you would know that Trumann played the game of their lives. They were like 15-20 from 3. That's hard to beat I don't care who you are. Tuckerman isn't the underdog anymore. They have a target on their back and will get everyone's best shot every night.

JacketDad

Quote from: ISU7 on January 10, 2018, 01:17:04 pm
Trumann 58 Tuckerman 54..
Trumann Kell Champs😂
Still don't take away your Ram's getting kicked to the curb and BI*CH slapped.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas