• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 3A Boys

Started by teachers pet, December 11, 2017, 10:04:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

teachers pet

Now that we are a few games in, who's your top 10?

teachers pet

December 12, 2017, 10:19:16 am #1 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:50:28 pm by teachers pet
This is MaxPreps top

1. Drew Central
2. McGhee
3. Tuckerman
4. Perryville
5. Manila
6. Valley Springs
7. Clinton
8. Elkins
9. Jessieville
10. Harding
11. Charleston

We know how unreliable this ranking is, so what do you think?

lostintheweeds

Quote from: teachers pet on December 12, 2017, 10:19:16 am
This is MaxPreps top

1. Drew Central
2. McGhee
3. Zuckerman
4. Perryville
5. Manila
6. Valley Springs
7. Clinton
8. Elkins
9. Jessieville
10. Harding
11. Charleston

We know how unreliable this ranking is, so what do you think?

Charleston and Jessieville have faced each other this year, so I would at least switch those two.

drybones

teachers pet

Yes and Jessieville beat Perryville, that's why these rankings don't make a lot of sense.

CoolBreeze

In addition to what has been mentioned by others, I find it VERY strange that Tuckerman didn't make the list, even though MaxPreps has them at 14-0.

Bah! Humbug!

Ba$ketballFan54321

I'll throw out a top-10.

1. Tuckerman
2. Osceola
3. Manila
4. McGehee
5. Valley Springs
6. Drew Central
7. Harding Academy
8. Clinton
9. Barton
10. Bald Knob

Radiotalker

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 12, 2017, 02:43:18 pm
In addition to what has been mentioned by others, I find it VERY strange that Tuckerman didn't make the list, even though MaxPreps has them at 14-0.

Bah! Humbug!

they are #3....Zuckerman

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Radiotalker on December 12, 2017, 03:19:01 pm
they are #3....Zuckerman
I tried looking Zuckerman up on MaxPreps and AAA, but it didn't occur to me that it was a typo. I really must be getting old.

BigMan15

1. Tuckerman
2. Osceola
3. Charleston
4. Manila
5. Valley Springs
6. Clinton
7. McGehee
8. Harding
9. DC
10. Jesseville

football king

Tuckerman hasnt really played anyone and they will have a tough time in state best win was corning by 2

TTownfan

Yeah, you're right. This same bunch of kids (minus one) that went to the state finals last year hasn't got a chance competing in the state tournament.  ::) Anybody can beat you on any given night.  That's what happened to Osceola last year.  That's why you play the game.  It doesn't matter how good you are, it takes luck and the right matchups to get to the state tournament, much less the finals. It's a new year and Tuckerman might not even make it to the state tournament, but they have a heck of a ball club and any knowledgeable fan can easily recognize that. 

You might be a football king, but your statement tells me you're not even a basketball prince.  For some reason Mark Twain just came to mind.  ;D

STUNNA

McGehee lost to Warren 52-47 the other night

ABC™

What's going on in Prescott? Saw where they had started 0-5.

RedWolf275

Quote from: football king on December 14, 2017, 08:03:49 am
Tuckerman hasnt really played anyone and they will have a tough time in state best win was corning by 2

Tuckerman will get some competition in NEA upper division. They should handle a weak Riverside team in their opener then it'll be a good Brookland team up next. I believe if they get by Brookland they'll get Nettleton next.

Nomad1324

Quote from: RedWolf275 on December 14, 2017, 12:54:15 pm
Tuckerman will get some competition in NEA upper division. They should handle a weak Riverside team in their opener then it'll be a good Brookland team up next. I believe if they get by Brookland they'll get Nettleton next.

Think I read that it was Blytheville. Nettleton, Westside, Osceola on the other side of the bracket

NEA Razorback olfan

December 14, 2017, 01:35:56 pm #16 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:38:32 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Tuckerman is in the side with Brookland and Blytheville
Westside and Nettleton is on the other

Does Tuckerman play man?

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2017, 11:03:31 am
McGehee lost to Warren 52-47 the other night
Oh boy! Sounds like Warren is what they should be with their football players. Played Drew Central close until the fourth quarter without them. The rematch should be good for Jan 2 and makes me look forward to the DC/McGehee games too.

STUNNA

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on December 14, 2017, 06:28:15 pm
Oh boy! Sounds like Warren is what they should be with their football players. Played Drew Central close until the fourth quarter without them. The rematch should be good for Jan 2 and makes me look forward to the DC/McGehee games too.
Warren beat the owls again tonight.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 23, 2017, 07:56:24 pm #19 Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:34:02 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
12-/23
Tuckerman 16-1 40
Brookland 10-3  43
F

NEA tourney

Fatbackhawgballz

This was a hard fought game. Tuckerman had a horrible night shooting free throws. You're not going to win many games when you shoot free throws like that. Brookland is a good ball club. They have some shooters.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on December 23, 2017, 10:12:14 pm
This was a hard fought game. Tuckerman had a horrible night shooting free throws. You're not going to win many games when you shoot free throws like that. Brookland is a good ball club. They have some shooters.

Tuckerman has a really good team, and are very well coached, good luck on their season!!

ISU7

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on December 23, 2017, 10:12:14 pm
43pts they were shooting lights out huh.😀😀

Fatbackhawgballz

Thank you NEA! Same to your team.

Fatbackhawgballz

ISU there's one in every crowd. I️ didn't say they shot lights out. I️ said they're a good shooting team. There wasn't a whole lot of shots put up. Brookland slows it way down. Both teams played great defense and made it hard to score.

ISU7

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on December 24, 2017, 03:53:11 pm
ISU there's one in every crowd. I️ didn't say they shot lights out. I️ said they're a good shooting team. There wasn't a whole lot of shots put up. Brookland slows it way down. Both teams played great defense and made it hard to score.
It certainly wasn't me I'm very claustrophobic  ;D ;D Just poking fun at you. Brookland has been pretty good the past years. Very nice basketball facility.

Fatbackhawgballz

Lol. Merry Christmas to you.

Jimbo Morphis

McGehee beat Pine Bluff 58-57 at the Pine Bluff tournament.

CoolBreeze

Harding Academy trounced Augusta today 69-36.

Jimbo Morphis

McGehee 63 Little Rock Central 61

Radiotalker

Quote from: Oldman on December 29, 2017, 06:29:37 am
McGehee 63 Little Rock Central 61

Looks like the Owls are playing well

Jimbo Morphis

Says on 2A board Clarendon beat McGehee 62-51

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: Oldman on December 29, 2017, 09:57:38 pm
Says on 2A board Clarendon beat McGehee 62-51
Maxpreps says the same.

Lrbasketballguru

Maybe McGhee will break through this year. That would be cool to see.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on December 30, 2017, 08:55:37 am
Maybe McGhee will break through this year. That would be cool to see.
Been consistently winning games at state for years. Do you mean break through as in winning state?

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: Oldman on December 30, 2017, 11:11:11 am
Been consistently winning games at state for years. Do you mean break through as in winning state?
Yes.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on January 02, 2018, 10:56:04 am
Yes.
They usually run into a team that slows them down and has some size that ends their year.

JacketDad

Tuckerman numbers are still looking pretty good.  I think they are 17-1 with the only loss being a 3 point loss to Brookland in the NEA Tourney.  I hear they couldn't buy a free throw that night.

RedWolf275

Per Jonesboro Sun
Tuckerman beat Bay 50-46 yesterday Kell Classic

Fatbackhawgballz

Tuckerman didn't have their best game against Bay. They seemed a little hungover from losing a hard fought game to Brookland. Also they've beat Bay 4 or 5 times. It's hard to beat a good team that many times. Tonight they executed a masterful gameplan to beat Batesville Southside, the #3 team in class 4A. Ke Roberson hit a last second 3 to win 37-34.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on January 03, 2018, 12:26:44 am
Tuckerman didn’t have their best game against Bay. They seemed a little hungover from losing a hard fought game to Brookland. Also they’ve beat Bay 4 or 5 times. It’s hard to beat a good team that many times. Tonight they executed a masterful gameplan to beat Batesville Southside, the #3 team in class 4A. Ke Roberson hit a last second 3 to win 37-34.

game plan was to slow it down?

Fatbackhawgballz

Yes. Definitely not Tuckermans game. Batesville Southside has a kid that's 6'10 and really understands how to play down low. They also have a 6'7 stretch 4 that is pretty good with very good guard play. Bateman drew the big men out 30 ft from the basket and frustrated him enough to get a technical. Tuckerman was disciplined enough to make this work and just frustrate the whole Southside team. Tuckerman had a close game with Bay the night before so it also allowed them to keep their legs under them.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Fatbackhawgballz on January 03, 2018, 10:57:29 am
Yes. Definitely not Tuckermans game. Batesville Southside has a kid that’s 6’10 and really understands how to play down low. They also have a 6’7 stretch 4 that is pretty good with very good guard play. Bateman drew the big men out 30 ft from the basket and frustrated him enough to get a technical. Tuckerman was disciplined enough to make this work and just frustrate the whole Southside team. Tuckerman had a close game with Bay the night before so it also allowed them to keep their legs under them.

Interesting....usually I think that teams that try to play the slow down game feel they are inferior and need to shorten the game. I guess it worked. Regardless a good win. 

TTownfan

Quote from: Radiotalker on January 03, 2018, 11:02:32 am

Interesting....usually I think that teams that try to play the slow down game feel they are inferior and need to shorten the game. I guess it worked. Regardless a good win.

We all have our opinions, but from my vantage point I saw a superior game plan and execution.

RedWolf275

January 03, 2018, 02:19:41 pm #44 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:08:50 pm by RedWolf275
From what I have seen Bateman is a top notch coach. He seems to give his team the best chance to win no matter the opponent or their style of play.

Fatbackhawgballz

Agreed outoftown and Redwolf

87DAWG

Quote from: Outoftownfan on January 03, 2018, 12:38:28 pm
We all have our opinions, but from my vantage point I saw a superior game plan and execution.
lace em up and play ball! This is why this state needs a shot clock! Good win for Tuckerman and I think their coach is top notch but let's play ball....

biglion1985

That is a style of ball and yes it may be boring but still a style of play. Take for instance in the NCAA Wisconsin they like to play the slower pace and it seems to work for them, well at least I know it did with the old coach anyhow lol but still I don't like it

TTownfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on January 04, 2018, 11:58:42 am
lace em up and play ball! This is why this state needs a shot clock! Good win for Tuckerman and I think their coach is top notch but let's play ball....

A shot clock is great in the NBA or the college level where coaches can choose their players, but it would be terrible at the high school level.  Coaches in high school must be able to change their style of play based on their talent or competition. They don't get to choose their players. Well...some do.  :) Superior teams should be able to speed the game up with pressure/steals, etc. without a shot clock.  Why would you want to punish a team that can dictate a slower pace of play in order to give themselves a chance to win by making them shoot in 30 or 45 seconds?

Head Lion

I would be a fan of a shot clock 30-40 seconds. I figure the reason we don't have it, at a bunch of places it is hard enough to find competent people to already do the book & clock and it would add another responsibility. I am for it though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas