• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris - transfers into district?

Started by Truthfully, April 13, 2015, 05:49:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthfully

April 13, 2015, 05:49:53 pm Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:40:58 am by Truthfully
   Got wind today that Paris might have a family moving in and one son started on offense and defense for a close-by 4A school and another son is going to be a Sophomore.. Anyone hearing of athletes leaving or coming into your school district? End of school year always brings about changes and some families moving. Charleston usually has one or two 'move ins' every year from the "west" ..  Just curious before I do my preseason ranking on FF!  ;)
    Paris has a new Head Coach in Marc Tucker and don't know his plans for making big changes in the offense or defense. Paris sure needs a good turnout for football this year.

WPWells

Couldn't make this post without taking a dig at Charleston?

Truthfully

How is it a "dig" to say the truth about most all of Charleston "move ins" DO come from the west, not south from Booneville or east from Paris or north from Ozark etc... Boy, ease up a bit!  If you do not admit you are lucky to be that close to the likes of Fort Smith and Greenwood or Lavaca, then you just need to stick to trying to get your college degree and forget taking FF posts so seriously as to be offended when someone speaks the truth.  Geeezzzz.

eagle-fan

Have not heard anything yet about anyone moving in or out of Paris school district. Will check with a couple of assistant coaches to see what may be eminent but doubt they will be open about any rumors at this point in time. Coaches hate to get excited and then have things "fall through" ..LOL  Paris needs some key position players to develop quickly.

WPWells

If it wasn't a dig then why did you put it in quotation marks? And why did you feel the need toake that comment when it had nothing to do with the original topic of the thread? I'm not taking it seriously, but I think you need to go lie down. You just jumped all over me for a question.

And I'm doing fine getting my degree. Thanks for your concern

-Painted Fan-

People move to Charleston from all over the place.
Just to name a few:
Dardanelle, Little Rock, Booneville, Ozark, Greenwood, Fort Smith, Van Buren, Prairie Grove, Green Forest
My pastor and family moved here from Lamar by way of Waldron.
I'm sorry that more people don't want to move to Paris, but that's not Charleston's fault.

HorseFeathers

Wait...is Paris' QB really named Gray Rock??

eagle-fan

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 13, 2015, 09:09:51 pm
People move to Charleston from all over the place.

I'm sorry that more people don't want to move to Paris, but that's not Charleston's fault.
I think she was referring to people moving in or out who have athletes in the family that can play for Paris or Charleston or other schools in 4-3A, not just families moving to a community that have job opportunities, etc.  :)   All towns have people moving in and out all the time and Paris is no different in that regard. I am sure Truthfully meant families moving in or out with school aged kids and proven athletes within that family. All coaches love to hear that some family with a good proven athlete is moving to town for whatever reason. Example would be the Fenner young man who transferred from Charleston to Paris and ended up being one of the best basketball players Paris has had in many, many years.. Nice to have that happen every so often!!!  :)

eagle-fan

April 13, 2015, 10:36:53 pm #8 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:40:18 pm by eagle-fan
The back up QB from Paris is FROM Gray Rock, a community just north or Paris about 2 miles. He should  start this year, small but quick. Think Grey is a noun and Gray is an adjective, so either should be correct. Had not thought of that before!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: eagle-fan on April 13, 2015, 10:36:53 pm
The back up QB from Paris is FROM Gray Rock, a community just north or Paris about 2 miles. He should  start this year, small but quick. Think Grey is a noun and Gray is an adjective, so either should be correct. Had not thought of that before!

Ha...I missed From in the first post...With parents these ya never know what kind of names you'll see though!

-Painted Fan-

April 14, 2015, 05:19:15 am #10 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:21:54 am by -Painted Fan-
Gray is more common in American English.
Grey is more common in other variations of English.
Every town I listed had athletes that played for Charleston, within that family.
When you mention a town more than your own, that makes you a fan.
So, how many and what sizes of Charleston Tigers T-shirts shall we order for you for this fall?

Truthfully

TU Painted Fan.. Did not know all those families from all those towns had athletes as sons or daughters. Wow.

I am sure some of it has to do with parents getting jobs in the Ft. Smith area and such, but with all the tradition Charleston has shown over the past several years, no wonder that they would settle in a small town setting with a good chance of showcasing their son or daughter and watching year round good sport teams, basketball and football.

I note that Charleston will have close to 55+ out for football this year and reload with Kendrick. Paris will probably have their usual 40 or so. Nice to have numbers to have good second teamers and reload in case of injuries, etc.  Paris needs that, based on critical injuries to key players the past 3 years. Luckily, the year they tied Charleston for the championship and won 10 games they had 42 out for football. Should be an interesting year with C'town, Booneville, Lamar and Danville doing all the real damage in the 4-3A.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HF on April 13, 2015, 09:37:40 pm
his little brothers name is red.

Lions84

The only move in we get is from the Church's, or the State Dept's located in our County Seat town.

beach bum

Truthfully

Quote from: beach bum on April 14, 2015, 02:05:15 pm
Who willingly moves to Paris?  ;D
Why the attack on Paris? Is that called for ?  People can attack Prairie Grove too for various reasons, but Paris does not even play your "team" so why the uncalled for slander against Paris as if it were not a nice community to live in? Check out the high ranking of the school districts in this part of Arkansas, including Charleston and Booneville. Please stay on topic and go back to your 4A FF boards, sir.

beach bum

April 14, 2015, 04:09:37 pm #16 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:25:40 pm by beach bum
Its a joke. Me and my old friends from high school make fun of our hometown all the time as well. I have not lived there in 9 years since graduation. Lighten up, high blood pressure is not good for your health  ;D. If I win the lottery I am buying every property from Eagle Realty. Those signs are everywhere.

adaptedtigerfan

Be careful Beachbum...  There are a lot of posters from Paris that are very sensitive. Wait till you run across #3

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on April 14, 2015, 09:54:22 am

Is there a brother named Rolling?

Lineman

That's their cousin. He's the water boy!!

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: HF on April 14, 2015, 06:42:07 pm
Quote from: Oldman on April 14, 2015, 09:54:22 am

Is there a brother named Rolling?
yes and i do believe their uncles name is "hard"

DeeGee

Pretty sure I ran into Pop Rock. 😂😂😂

Lineman

The only one to move away and make something of himself was their half brother Kid Rock.

DeeGee

Quote from: Lineman on April 14, 2015, 09:23:07 pm
The only one to move away and make something of himself was their half brother Kid Rock.

😂😂😂😂 Good one! 

-Painted Fan-

I'm sure smelling something cooking....

Proud Buckaroo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Truthfully on April 14, 2015, 03:49:47 pm
Quote from: beach bum on April 14, 2015, 02:05:15 pm
Who willingly moves to Paris?  ;D
Why the attack on Paris? Is that called for ?  People can attack Prairie Grove too for various reasons, but Paris does not even play your "team" so why the uncalled for slander against Paris as if it were not a nice community to live in? Check out the high ranking of the school districts in this part of Arkansas, including Charleston and Booneville. Please stay on topic and go back to your 4A FF boards, sir.
having a bad day? can i help? this is the first time i have ever seen uncalled for slander on this board. would you like for him to be banned?

Truthfully

I just wish people would stay on topic and not go WAY off on tangents about the Gray Rock community, then doing all the "Rock" fictitious names. This thread was about if anyone knew of athletes moving into or out of their community, especially involving our 4-3A schools.
Yes I had chemo last week and likely won't even be able to see a football game this Fall. So, I will ask the moderator to remove my thread.

WPWells

Truthfully, I'm truly sorry you had chemo last week. You are in my prayers.

With that said, FF is a place where threads never stay on topic. It's a place to have fun and not take anything too seriously. If you don't realize that, then honestly it's not the place for you. This thread is rather tame compared to others I've seen

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Truthfully on April 15, 2015, 08:25:55 am
I just wish people would stay on topic and not go WAY off on tangents about the Gray Rock community, then doing all the "Rock" fictitious names. This thread was about if anyone knew of athletes moving into or out of their community, especially involving our 4-3A schools.
Yes I had chemo last week and likely won't even be able to see a football game this Fall. So, I will ask the moderator to remove my thread.
sorry for your troubles. hope you have good reports in the future.

adaptedtigerfan

Lineman..  I think you forgot about his cousin Chris....  He made it out and made somebody outta himself.

beach bum

I really am sorry for my comment. I genuinely was joking. My girlfriend has family in Paris. It is the reason I lived in Dardanelle for a brief period while her grandpa's health declined so she could be nearby because he was her legal guardian growing up as well as her grandma. I am especially sorry because of what you are going through. I feel especially bad because I am in a tough spot now as well. I have 2 broken bones in my leg, a broken shoulder blade, and broke multiple ribs and a bruised sternum from a rollover car wreck that almost took my life a little less 2 months ago. The worst part is the other vehicle involved left the scene. Good Samaritans stopped to help though. Again, I am truly sorry and did not mean what I said and feel even worse knowing your health condition. Best wishes.

Longfellow

Isn't there a movie about the family? "Bad Day at Black Rock" I think

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 15, 2015, 08:37:25 am
Truthfully, I'm truly sorry you had chemo last week. You are in my prayers.

With that said, FF is a place where threads never stay on topic. It's a place to have fun and not take anything too seriously. If you don't realize that, then honestly it's not the place for you. This thread is rather tame compared to others I've seen

It's the offseason, we don't even have spring football to lie about yet...

-Painted Fan-

I'm a 20 year cancer survivor, so I fully understand what you're going through. Prayers for you in your fight against this dreadful disease. In the immortal words of Jim Valvano, "Don't give up! Don't ever give up!".

Jacketman65

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 15, 2015, 09:57:05 am
Lineman..  I think you forgot about his cousin Chris....  He made it out and made somebody outta himself.
Well, didn't ole Slippery end up moving on as well?

DeeGee

😂😂😂😂😂😂
I'm done..... I can't even.....  This is cracking me up! OMG you all are too funny! 

Eagle fan #3

The back up QB I'm assuming you are referring to doesn't live in Grey Rock, he lives in Paris. Sr High QB's were (with play time) all seniors and the starting jr high QB lives in Clarksville (although been at Paris schools since kindergarten) so I can't think of who you are talking about....

adaptedtigerfan

Lives in Clarksville and goes to school in Paris??    Shut the front door!!!!   And you Paris people wanna cry about 2 students that moved to Charleston from Greenwood.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 20, 2015, 06:20:44 pm
Lives in Clarksville and goes to school in Paris??    Shut the front door!!!!   And you Paris people wanna cry about 2 students that moved to Charleston from Greenwood.

Clarksville being terrible at Football makes it okay

WPWells

At least our players physically moved...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 20, 2015, 06:23:45 pm
At least our players physically moved...

Re-Read the post 12th, There's did too...

WPWells

Starting junior high quarterback lives in Clarksville and always has

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on April 20, 2015, 01:38:49 am
The back up QB I'm assuming you are referring to doesn't live in Grey Rock, he lives in Paris. Sr High QB's were (with play time) all seniors and the starting jr high QB lives in Clarksville (although been at Paris schools since kindergarten) so I can't think of who you are talking about....

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 20, 2015, 06:33:16 pm
Starting junior high quarterback lives in Clarksville and always has

Guess there's some information missing here....

WPWells

Or we're reading #3's post differently because that's where I got that information that I posted

Eagle fan #3

Currently lives in Clarksville due to parents employment....has lived in Paris since Kindergarten and was approved to stay in the school district. He didn't move into Paris he's always played at Paris and been enrolled at Paris. Still have no idea who the QB from Grey Rock is tho???

adaptedtigerfan

There isn't enough CAPITALIZATION in that last STATEMENT for me to completely UNDERSTAND it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Adapted is a little sour on the recruiting topic.  He's still angry at the offer chuck gave him back in his prime for him to drop the indians and become a tigger.  They didnt have near the recruiting budget way back when.

Truthfully

Quote from: Eagle fan #3 on April 20, 2015, 10:12:21 pm
Currently lives in Clarksville due to parents employment....has lived in Paris since Kindergarten and was approved to stay in the school district.  Still have no idea who the QB from Grey Rock is tho???
My mistake on where the young QB was from. I was told at the game I went to that he was a Sophomore QB and was from the Grey Rock community, where many fine players have come from over the years. If he is from Paris proper, then I just passed wrong information on his residence. He is thin and could not assess his talent on what few plays he ran that night. But, Paris really needs a QB for a change that can run and pass and scramble and that does not fumble in the pocket. From what I see coming back, Paris may go 4-6 this Fall.

adaptedtigerfan

April 21, 2015, 10:40:22 am #49 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:46:23 am by adaptedtigerfan
OLDSCHOOL the budget has gone up tremendously.  We now have that turf which is easier to land our little jet on...  Been flying into Booneville the last few weeks talking to a few jr  high kids.   Taking off this afternoon headed to Kansas to look at a "runner back"

The school is fixing to build a new factory behind the high school that will create 250 new jobs.  You can work there but only if you live "in Charleston".   

They are also looking into building some new apartments for free housing but "only if your son can qualify!"

We are really starting to look for Jr. High students.

So OLDSCHOOL, if you have a son that could get you qualified we should be able to hook you up on some FREE housing.  And you can dress in your BLACK N GOLD and serve lemonade and cookies with me. 

I can't wait buddy!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas