• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changes at Lamar?

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, April 09, 2015, 09:17:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

I am not inside Doc's head, but there might be some changes in the offense at Lamar next year. New quarterback weighs in at 230-240 and I saw some impressive footage of him powerlifting. Running behind a big and experienced line. Throwing to some very tall receivers. Should be interesting.

OLDSCHOOL82

They would of been better off with more of a power game this past season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on April 10, 2015, 02:02:05 pm
They would of been better off with more of a power game this past season.

Having 0 Run game hurt them a lot against Booneville...

adaptedtigerfan

Having zero passing game hurt Booneville against Charleston.   😁😁

Coach Booneville

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 13, 2015, 10:16:20 am

Charleston's time is coming adapted.  And when it comes, it will stay for several years. lol

OLDSCHOOL82

Having zero passing game hurt Booneville against Charleston.   

Get back to work.

HorseFeathers

Reguardless of what the Tiger faithful think...Not having Ty Story is going to hurt Charleston a lot this year....lol

adaptedtigerfan

Thanks for the encouragement there, captain obvious 😂😂

Proud Buckaroo

I thought you were going to disappear after last season was over.. Just can't let go. Can you? ;)

adaptedtigerfan

Had to take a shot @ oldschool while I could.

TeeLee

Quote from: Coach Booneville on April 13, 2015, 11:27:00 am

Charleston's time is coming adapted.  And when it comes, it will stay for several years. lol

Not to worry about Booneville.  They will be back in 4-A in the next cycle or two.  BoonTown has big Wal-Mart
C-town only has small Wal-Mart.

papaeagle

Quote from: HF on April 13, 2015, 09:57:21 pm

Reguardless of what the Tiger faithful think...Not having Ty Story is going to hurt Charleston a lot this year....lol
Lets just say it will be a tad bid harder to win a game and the margins of victory will be a lot less, not as many "mercy rules" in my estimation. Still expect a good winning record.

macadoshis

I think Lamar will surprise a lot of folks this year.  Could be the best overall Warrior team they've ever fielded.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I don't think it will be too much of a surprise. If Lamar's line stays healthy they could be impressive.

WPWells

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how much Charleston and Booneville fall off because that could leave the door wide open for the Warriors

nastynice

Lamar "should" do fine. If they will just line up and run at you. Charleston will be ok too. Someone will step up and get it done. Booneville on the other hand will be treading water most of the year. But Lamar and Charleston better enjoy and take full advantage, cause the Bearcats are gonna be stacked the next four to five years.

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on April 22, 2015, 10:39:28 am
Lamar "should" do fine. If they will just line up and run at you. Charleston will be ok too. Someone will step up and get it done. Booneville on the other hand will be treading water most of the year. But Lamar and Charleston better enjoy and take full advantage, cause the Bearcats are gonna be stacked the next four to five years.
In 4A

Lineman

Do we have the ingredients for a three way tie for the conference?

anygivenfriday

Quote from: macadoshis on April 22, 2015, 09:10:23 am
I think Lamar will surprise a lot of folks this year.  Could be the best overall Warrior team they've ever fielded.

The warrior team from '08 was pretty salty though

macadoshis

Quote from: anygivenfriday on April 22, 2015, 11:10:00 am
Quote from: macadoshis on April 22, 2015, 09:10:23 am

The warrior team from '08 was pretty salty though
I agree, I was at the last playoff game for that 08 team.  The boys transferred the following year.  That was solid for sure.  The warriors will look much different in my opinion than they have the past couple of years.  Very balanced between the run and pass. 

Mr.Fridaynight11

April 22, 2015, 04:37:57 pm #20 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:28:42 pm by Mr.Fridaynight11
Quote from: KOJACK on April 22, 2015, 10:59:07 am
Quote from: nastynice on April 22, 2015, 10:39:28 am
In 4A
4-3A Fixed it for ya

-Painted Fan-

Largest 3A school in the state will still be in 3A for the next cycle?
Bartender, I'll have what he's having....

-Painted Fan-

Wait a minute....3-4A?!
You think Booneville is going in with Pocahontas, Cave City, and Highland?!
(I know you meant 4-3A. lol)

OLDSCHOOL82

4-4A if we where to bump of course.  Who knows though.  Depends on what the ole AAA decides to do with the private schools.  You also have to consider a few consolidated schools both in 4A and 3A that will have to count their combined numbers for the next cycle instead of the main school.  You scared KOJAK?

Mr.Fridaynight11

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 22, 2015, 05:35:07 pm
Wait a minute....3-4A?!
You think Booneville is going in with Pocahontas, Cave City, and Highland?!
(I know you meant 4-3A. lol)
yea sometimes i get a head of myself.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: Coach Booneville on April 13, 2015, 11:27:00 am

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard this.
Actually, if you look at the pattern, Charleston should win another State Championship in 2017.

-Painted Fan-

I remember the summer of 2005.
We had just graduated arguably the greatest class in Charleston history (at that time)- Drew Hill, Blake Bates, Clay Crowley, etc. 17 players that ran under a 4.7.
And returning a whopping 3 players on offense.
I was in Hastings, picking up the newest edition of Hooten's magazine, which had just been released. A former Charleston resident was also there, and asked me how I thought the Tigers would fare that fall. I told her we lost a lot, but was optimistic that we would be just fine.
She looked at me, laughed, and said "We won't win a game!".
I don't need to remind you how 2005 turned out. The first football State Championship trophy sits in the Tiger Center, right next to the other 4.
5 Championships.
5 Trophies
In 10 years.
I think Charleston will be just fine.

OLDSCHOOL82

Charlestons a volleyball school now.  Football is being pushed to second priority.

RTF

Lamar has a great shot this next football season to win that conference.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: RTF on April 23, 2015, 11:47:25 am
Lamar has a great shot this next football season to win that conference.

I highly agree.  It's theirs to lose in my opinion.  Chuck and booneville will be competitive as always.  Danville could actually slip in and cause a stir.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 22, 2015, 04:41:59 pm
Largest 3A school in the state will still be in 3A for the next cycle?
Bartender, I'll have what he's having....

With the combine numbers of Smackover, and Norphlet... Smackover has the same numbers as Booneville.

OLDSCHOOL82

We will all know within a couple weeks.  Boonevilles numbers will be the same as the last count.

Proud Buckaroo

I think in the next cycle... Booneville, and Smackover could both be in 4A.

OLDSCHOOL82

Only if they change the multiplier for the privates.  Which I assume they haven't since nothing has been said.  That would also require some 4A schools to shrink.  We will know soon.  Everyone will start a combined 3A/4A combined season conference, not in football,  with the next cycle as well.

RTF

I believe Danville had a big freshman class in Jr high, that will help Danville this coming season even though they will be sophmores.

young_gun

Quote from: RTF on April 24, 2015, 03:22:19 pm
I believe Danville had a big freshman class in Jr high, that will help Danville this coming season even though they will be sophmores.

Danville had a big jr high group but they were mostly 8th graders. They started 8 or 9 8th graders on both sides of the ball. Only a couple of 9th graders will have a chance to play any next year.

RTF

ok, thx for clearing that up for me.

macadoshis

Can anyone in the conference match up size wise with Lamar's line?

-Painted Fan-

Lamar and Danville return probably the largest lines this fall.
Booneville will still have their two big tackles. Charleston's line may be bigger than last year's.

macadoshis

As it stands, Lamar should go 6'4" 270 at center.  6' 265 and 6' 320 at guards.  6'2" 290 and 6'7" 310 at tackles. 

-Painted Fan-

Danville and Charleston have some 300# guys as well.
I remember when Earle came to Charleston for the 2013 semifinal. They had a couple of 400# linemen.

OLDSCHOOL82

Boonevilles line will be quit larger overall than last year.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on April 28, 2015, 07:58:30 pm
As it stands, Lamar should go 6'4" 270 at center.  6' 265 and 6' 320 at guards.  6'2" 290 and 6'7" 310 at tackles.

With a 240# quarterback running behind them.

adaptedtigerfan

Why wouldn't you play him @ RB instead of QB? 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on April 29, 2015, 10:53:12 am
Why wouldn't you play him @ RB instead of QB?

They arent using running backs.  Gonna be a direct snap and run every play.

macadoshis

He throws the ball pretty well.  And he will definitely get his fair share of runs in the midline game and goal line. 

macadoshis

Depends on what kinda shape he comes into fall camp also.  Linebacker is gonna be his bread and butter so no time for rest.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm a fan of good linebackers

Lineman

adaptedtigerfan

I'm not a fan of ones that don't like contact.....   If that's what your askin.    😁

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas