• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover non-conference

Started by Headhunter15, March 14, 2015, 02:36:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Headhunter15

Got word that they were opening with 4a champ warren on that Monday then  2a champ JC that Friday.  ???

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Headhunter15 on March 14, 2015, 02:36:37 am
Got word that they were opening with 4a champ warren on that Monday then  2a champ JC that Friday.  ???

yep.........kinda crazy in my opinion.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on March 14, 2015, 12:47:50 pm
Quote from: Headhunter15 on March 14, 2015, 02:36:37 am

yep.........kinda crazy in my opinion.
good year to do it. warren lost a ton of players.

adaptedtigerfan

hoghelmet14

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 16, 2015, 08:02:01 am
Nice way to start 0-2  ;D

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....

KOJACK

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on March 16, 2015, 10:50:09 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 16, 2015, 08:02:01 am
Nice way to start 0-2  ;D

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.....
It's not a sin to start 0-2... Is it?

BUCK FEVER

I do not like cupcake starts anymore than anyone else..........but these 2 games in the same week is a little over the top in my opinion, these 2 teams are never down, they just reload, everyone knows that..............my biggest concern is will Dewayne Jones BE BACK AND READY TO GO FULL SPEED that first wek ? if not the bucks could very easily find them selves 0-2 to start............if Jones is ready then I like our chances much better starting 1-1 or even 2-0.

sax2play8

Is the monday game a scrimmage? I didn't think you could play two games In one week

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on March 22, 2015, 08:36:56 am
I do not like cupcake starts anymore than anyone else..........but these 2 games in the same week is a little over the top in my opinion, these 2 teams are never down, they just reload, everyone knows that..............my biggest concern is will Dewayne Jones BE BACK AND READY TO GO FULL SPEED that first wek ? if not the bucks could very easily find them selves 0-2 to start............if Jones is ready then I like our chances much better starting 1-1 or even 2-0.

Even if it's not, th en it'll either give the new starters a kick in the rear to show what they need to do to win...Or cause them to quit on themselves if they get blown out....

-Painted Fan-

ECS played DeWitt on Tuesday 9/2/14 in the Hooten's Kickoff Classic at Pine Bluff,  then Conway Christian on Friday 9/5/14.
The Wildcats then didn't play their 3rd game until 9/19.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 22, 2015, 10:01:19 pm
ECS played DeWitt on Tuesday 9/2/14 in the Hooten's Kickoff Classic at Pine Bluff,  then Conway Christian on Friday 9/5/14.

Everyone can thank Hector fan opening this can of worms....They jumped the gun on WYC canceling their season in 2013. Two Rivers Refused to let them out of the contract for a non conference game in Week 1. And We ended up playing Hartford on Tuesday night of Week 1, then played at Two Rivers on that Friday night...Our Bye was later in the season than Episcopal put their's though.

Bigredhog1971

March 29, 2015, 01:13:05 am #11 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:18:29 am by Bigredhog1971
Quote from: HF on March 22, 2015, 10:17:27 pm
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on March 22, 2015, 10:01:19 pm

Everyone can thank Hector fan opening this can of worms....They jumped the gun on WYC canceling their season in 2013. Two Rivers Refused to let them out of the contract for a non conference game in Week 1. And We ended up playing Hartford on Tuesday night of Week 1, then played at Two Rivers on that Friday night...Our Bye was later in the season than Episcopal put their's though.
Anyone would be happy to play WYC on Monday Two rivers on Wednesday and Hartford on Friday and be 3-0 to start the season in one week!!!!LOL Very few top teams would loss one of those games if played in a weeks time.

HorseFeathers

um.....in 2013 two rivers was a quality team that lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs...

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on March 29, 2015, 12:01:17 pm
um.....in 2013 two rivers was a quality team that lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs...
That was one of the most fun games I ever played in. And it was definitely a great game to watch. Hector had a great team that year. If we were still in 2A, that would've been for a conference title

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on March 31, 2015, 06:31:08 pm
That was one of the most fun games I ever played in. And it was definitely a great game to watch. Hector had a great team that year. If we were still in 2A, that would've been for a conference title

Think it was 41-39 game that ended with our Freshman QB getting picked off in the endzone...We went on to lose in the quarters of 2A that year...

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on March 31, 2015, 06:46:29 pm

Think it was 41-39 game that ended with our Freshman QB getting picked off in the endzone...We went on to lose in the quarters of 2A that year...
Yep something like that. Morgan Yates had the game of his life. 3 receiving TD's and a punt return for a touchdown. And I thought JC beat yall in the semis

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on April 01, 2015, 08:03:53 am
Quote from: HF on March 31, 2015, 06:46:29 pm

Yep something like that. Morgan Yates had the game of his life. 3 receiving TD's and a punt return for a touchdown. And I thought JC beat yall in the semis

3rd round...We escaped Parkers Chapel in Round 1, Blew out England in Round 2, got massacred down on the Border by J.C in Round 3.

-Painted Fan-

Trust me,  NO ONE wants to play 3 games in one week (no matter the opponents).
Why?
Because they wouldn't have another game until Week 4.
Last season, when ECS played 2 games in 3 days, didn't play another until Week 3.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on April 02, 2015, 05:45:40 am
Trust me,  NO ONE wants to play 3 games in one week (no matter the opponents).
Why?
Because they wouldn't have another game until Week 4.
Last season, when ECS played 2 games in 3 days, didn't play another until Week 3.

True that....With the screwy scheduling of 2A I think our bye ended up being in Week 8 the season we Played Hartford and Two Rivers in the same week....

LJ06

It's official Warren and Smackover will go at it at UAPB in the Hootens Classic on Aug 31st.

Hawgeye

Quote from: LJ06 on April 08, 2015, 06:59:08 am
It's official Warren and Smackover will go at it at UAPB in the Hootens Classic on Aug 31st.

That's rough.

cuckoobird

Proud Buckaroo

I'm going to try to make it to this game!

gatecrasher

Smackover may win the 3A title, but they're gonna get rolled by Warren.

LJ06

Quote from: gatecrasher on April 11, 2015, 07:15:12 pm
Smackover may win the 3A title, but they're gonna get rolled by Warren.

Warren only returns 1 on offense and 3 on defense from the state title team. I doubt we roll.

HorseFeathers

Got a time on this game yet??  PB's already trying to bribe me into coming down....Still leaning towards the J.C game instead though...

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 11, 2015, 09:48:10 pm
Just do both of them! lol.

Tell you what...You explain it to my wife and make her understand that it's just that important to go to a Smackover game twice in the same week...and i'll go lol

Proud Buckaroo

WPWells

LJ06

Quote from: HF on April 11, 2015, 09:14:04 pm

Got a time on this game yet??  PB's already trying to bribe me into coming down....Still leaning towards the J.C game instead though...

Nope it's still TBD

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 11, 2015, 10:53:40 pm
HF can I catch a ride?

If I do get to go...Yes...But you can't mention Charleston for the entire ride...Haha

Proud Buckaroo

Well. The ride is out of the picture.

WPWells

I'll make some code word for Charleston

HorseFeathers

It's a shame that Warren and Smackover play on Monday.....Won't be able to make that one. So....Shooting for making the Smackover v Junction City game instead...Maybe between all the Junction City guys and PB I can get someone to buy me dinner at least...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on April 12, 2015, 03:36:50 pm
It's a shame that Warren and Smackover play on Monday.....Won't be able to make that one. So....Shooting for making the Smackover v Junction City game instead...Maybe between all the Junction City guys and PB I can get someone to buy me dinner at least...

There will be no eating with Junction City guys. I'll more than willing take you to the Waffle house. lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 12, 2015, 04:09:41 pm
Quote from: HF on April 12, 2015, 03:36:50 pm

There will be no eating with Junction City guys. I'll more than willing take you to the Waffle house. lol.

I think even you could get along with Bleu and Cuz....I like that idea...a get together on the south side of junction city so we can really see where those awesome mutant Junction City athletes come from :D

Proud Buckaroo

We could take a drive to Junction to eat at the Red Roof inn. You wouldn't know what to think of their BBQ baked potatoes.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 12, 2015, 04:20:12 pm
We could take a drive to Junction to eat at the Red Roof inn. You wouldn't know what to think of their BBQ baked potatoes.

I don't want anything with PED's/Steroids/Deer Testosterone/ or anything of that nature in it though....

Proud Buckaroo

It's on the LA side of Junction. So you could be right. That is where all their studs come from. Well, that's what they say anyways.

WPWells

Y'all are acting like I'm not coming #Smackover

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 12, 2015, 06:34:58 pm

PB, do they have kids meals ?? 8)

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on April 12, 2015, 08:05:33 pm

No. All they have is a MANS meal. Lol.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 12, 2015, 08:10:22 pm
Quote from: HF on April 12, 2015, 08:05:33 pm

No. All they have is a MANS meal. Lol.

So.....Your saying they serve TV Dinners??

HorseFeathers

I'd suggest a get together for this one...but as excited as Buck Fever gets on here, I'm not sure I could handle the in person version of him 8)

WPWells

Quote from: HF on April 12, 2015, 08:28:34 pm
I'd suggest a get together for this one...but as excited as Buck Fever gets on here, I'm not sure I could handle the in person version of him 8)

I LIKE HOW HE POSTS! THIS OLD MAN CAN ACTUALLY HEAR HIM!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on April 12, 2015, 08:31:37 pm

I LIKE HOW HE POSTS! THIS OLD MAN CAN ACTUALLY HEAR HIM!

If your old, then even guys like me and PB are in trouble....I'd hate to hear how Iofthatiger feels about you consider calling yourself old 8)

Proud Buckaroo

You wouldn't even know BuckFever if you met him in person. He isn't entirely different in person! lol. He will quietly watch the games. Me? You already know how I am. lol!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on April 12, 2015, 09:57:12 pm

You wouldn't even know BuckFever if you met him in person. He isn't entirely different in person! lol. He will quietly watch the games. Me? You already know how I am. lol!!!!

I remember  you pointed him out at WMS last y ear....Believe he sat there with his arms crossed watching the game the whole time....

Word to the wise about watching  a game with PB...Put some space in between you and him...He's a bit friendly with the elbows when he gets excited...

Proud Buckaroo

My bad, bro!! I cannot help my excitement sometimes. Now you know not to sit so closely. lol!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas