• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Arkansas Football Team.

Started by Wheels, January 05, 2015, 12:59:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheels

Somehow despite suffering a torn ACL and not playing a single down in 2014. Glen Rose Sr. running back Carlos Burton was named to 2014 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Arkansas Football Team.

Really!?!?!

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/2014-american-family-insurance-all-usa-arkansas-football-team

Hootie

Proud Buckaroo

Before you spray off the mouth. You should understand that Carlos has made a 200% recovery from his accident and will still go on to play college football.........

Wheels

Lol! Well....considering that my son doesn't plays football that wasn't the intent of the post. I thought it was comical about Burton and wanted to share. So don't go jumping to conclusions....

Hootie

Quote from: Wheels on January 05, 2015, 01:28:21 pm
Lol! Well....considering that my son doesn't plays football that wasn't the intent of the post. I thought it was comical about Burton and wanted to share. So don't go jumping to conclusions....

Eat your own words pal. Your intent was to take an award away from a kid who suffered a horrendous injury. An injury that would end most folks athletic careers, but Carlos refused to quit and will still have an opportunity to play collegiate football.

You can attack me and anyone else on this forum, but don't go taking shots at kids. 

adaptedtigerfan

I didn't see Carlos Burton on there.  Also I never heard of the kid from Lamar that got the linebacker award.

Wheels

Quote from: Hootie on January 05, 2015, 01:39:28 pm

Eat your own words pal. Your intent was to take an award away from a kid who suffered a horrendous injury. An injury that would end most folks athletic careers, but Carlos refused to quit and will still have an opportunity to play collegiate football.

You can attack me and anyone else on this forum, but don't go taking shots at kids.

Is that what I said? NO! Maybe you should go read the post again and stop assuming things. Let me explain this very slowly so you can understand. I am in no way taking a shot or attacking him regarding his injury. I hate it for him or any other high school athlete who has the potential to play college football. I found it comical that USA Today would named him to an All-Arkansas team without him playing a down this year. Maybe USA Today made a mistake. Some people really need to lighten up......

Wheels

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 05, 2015, 02:00:37 pm
I didn't see Carlos Burton on there.  Also I never heard of the kid from Lamar that got the linebacker award.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Wheels on January 05, 2015, 12:59:54 pm
Somehow despite suffering a torn ACL and not playing a single down in 2014. Glen Rose Sr. running back Carlos Burton was named to 2014 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Arkansas Football Team.

Really!?!?!

http://usatodayhss.com/2014/2014-american-family-insurance-all-usa-arkansas-football-team

Where are you seeing Burton on the list?

Wheels

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69568802/usatodayhss.com.jpg

Apparently the USA Today High School Sports website made a mistake and corrected it since my original FF post.

Jimbo Morphis

i would attack you but i'm scared you would show picture fever more internet tricks.

Hootie

Shows how credible the article is. I think they just drew names out of a hat.

Wheels

Hootie

Quote from: Oldman on January 05, 2015, 03:20:41 pm

i would attack you but i'm scared you would show picture fever more internet tricks.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hootie on January 05, 2015, 03:36:27 pm
Quote from: Oldman on January 05, 2015, 03:20:41 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about.
buck fever and pictures.

DeeGee

Carlos is and will remain an amazing football player, and above that, an amazing person. Great motivator and leader. While he may have not played,  he was there to support them this season on the sidelines. Even with having therapy on Fridays. Not only did he have to overcome the ACL tear, but horrendous injuries due to a car wreck just a couple of weeks later. Never has he given up! To see him now you would be amazed at his progress! Not very many RB's on the high school level can put up the numbers he did. I say he deserves any and all recognition he receives. He earned it!

WPWells

Dee, that just wouldn't make sense to put someone who didn't play a single down on an all-star team

Hootie

Jimbo Morphis

guys i don't think wheels was talking bad about the kid, just saying he shouldn't be all arkansas if he wasn't able to play a down.

Clara Allen

Congrats to Dusty Wilkins!
Good hard nosed player
All conference this year
Adapted. He is #3

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 06, 2015, 07:21:34 am
Dee, that just wouldn't make sense to put someone who didn't play a single down on an all-star team

I'm not saying it makes sense or that he should be. I'm just saying he's been through more in the last year than most people go through in a lifetime. No I do not think he should make the team. But I am very proud of his determination. He's full of fight and will be back on a football field in the very near future. I didn't take it as talking down about him. But could be taken out of context as the way the original post/comment was worded. My point is, Carlos Burton had a very awful run of bad luck. But one thing I am certain about is the teams we played were glad they didn't have to try to overcome him this past season.

macadoshis

macadoshis

What's the process for picking these players?  Anyone know?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: macadoshis on January 06, 2015, 06:57:03 pm

I've been told that it involved Blind Monkeys throwing Darts at a spinning dart board...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HF on January 06, 2015, 09:41:15 pm

I've been told that it involved Blind Monkeys throwing Darts at a spinning dart board...
before you spray off ath the mouth you should know these monkeys weren't blind before these people gave them the darts. don't worry about these monkeys though. they are working hard to make a comeback. if you want to check on them google " chimp with ak ."

RabidWolf

Where will Carlos be playing? Haven't heard anything about him since the car accident he was involved in.

hornethigh-mhs

Very pleased to see freeman on there. He had an incredible year.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldman on January 07, 2015, 08:36:05 am

before you spray off ath the mouth you should know these monkeys weren't blind before these people gave them the darts. don't worry about these monkeys though. they are working hard to make a comeback. if you want to check on them google " chimp with ak ."
has anyone googled chimp with ak?

DogsWin7

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2015, 08:08:23 am

no.....Google is not my friend....why?  :)

Jack1990

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 08, 2015, 08:38:38 am

So do you Bing then??

Jack1990

Seen that before and it is hilarious!

DeeGee

Quote from: RabidWolf on January 07, 2015, 09:14:16 pm
Where will Carlos be playing? Haven't heard anything about him since the car accident he was involved in.

Carlos still has an offer from UofA.
He will play at a Jr college in 2015 and be on the 2016 roster for UofA from what I understand.
From what he has said, he's going to use this year at a Jr college to get better than he was before his injuries then transfer.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Jack1990 on January 08, 2015, 08:43:18 am

So do you Bing then??
Ha!   Yahoo?   No....I google but not what Oldman suggest.....I learned that on here years ago! Lol!  :)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 09, 2015, 01:32:33 pm
Quote from: Jack1990 on January 08, 2015, 08:43:18 am

So do you Bing then??
Ha!   Yahoo?   No....I google but not what Oldman suggest.....I learned that on here years ago! Lol!  :)
it's not bad i promise. it is a chimp with a machine gun.

Jalkuranis

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 08, 2015, 08:11:01 pm

He will play at a Jr college in 2015 and be on the 2016 roster for UofA from what I understand.
From what he has said, he's going to use this year at a Jr college to get better than he was before his injuries then transfer.

In that case I hope he can get back 100% and show the state that 3A talent can play at the next level! That would be perfect timing since the duo we have now will probably be gone! Hope to see/hear his name called out before I hear "That's another Arkansas Razorback..."

STUNNA

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 08, 2015, 08:11:01 pm

Pretty sure he does not have an offer from Arkansas

WPWells

That lacks be the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I could see where there might be a situation where Arkansas says they'll reevaluate him after he plays at a JC for a year or two, but they wouldn't offer him and keep that offer on the table if they weren't certain

DeeGee

He does still have an offer from Arkansas. And what he is deciding to do is something him and the recruiting staff from UofA had a understanding about. He is pretty much back to 100%. He works out everyday and is running his 40's almost back to speed. He is back working with his one on one trainer. He is through with all physical therapy and his healed 100%. If I remember correctly my son said he ran his 40 in a 4.6 last week. He's benching 275 and squatting 485. He is very determined to make football his career. Maybe they said they will reevaluate him. I know they came and talked to him and it was his choice to play for a Jr college this year to get back or better than the level he was. He will be a Hog soon though. Count on that.

WPWells

Not bashing the kid, but that sounds absolutely ridiculous

Longfellow

Just checked rivals, scout, 247 sports, and ESPN. None of them show Carlos having any offers. Not saying you are lying, but it doesn't make sense that you know something that the most used recruiting sites don't

DeeGee

Just stating what's been told/seen around here. By no means am I trying to make this a debate. Just know what he's said, family has said, his mother is also a nurse. I personally have not been around while any of this has happened because I work 72 hrs a week. Just talk to his family in passing and from my son.

Beaver Fever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas