• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goals for the New Year

Started by WPWells, December 31, 2014, 03:59:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I HATE saying "resolutions" so I'm just wondering, what are y'all's goals for this new year?

OLDSCHOOL82

To ignore all chucktown individuals.

Wolfpack68

Keep working out. Making Gurdon people angry.

Longfellow

Survive college, get a promotion at work, win 3A Pick'em

Wolfpack68

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 31, 2014, 03:59:05 pm
I HATE saying "resolutions" so I'm just wondering, what are y'all's goals for this new year?
Yours? You can't start the thread and not put yours 12th Man😂

Clara Allen

Simple-
Be a better teacher and coach
beat all other coaches in Pick'ems!
Go to Nashville TN to be on Music Row Happy Hour on Sirius XM The Highway

WPWells

December 31, 2014, 05:04:01 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:12:41 pm by 12th Man CHS
Mine:

1. Lose 30 pounds
2. Heal my leg the rest of the way
3. 4.0 both semesters
4. Go watch Arkansas in both the final four AND the College World Series (hey you can dream big)
5. Have a blast in Greece
6. Win the 3A pick'em as well as this bowl challenge
7. Write solid articles for SEC Writer
8. Nurture my relationship with Christ

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 31, 2014, 05:04:01 pm
Mine:

1. Lose 30 pounds
3. 4.0 both semesters
4. Go watch Arkansas in both the final four AND the College World Series (hey you can dream big)

Already giving up on the 2015 2A Pick 'Em Eh? LoL....

Wolfpack68

WPWells

You said you're going to go through the Super Bowl next year so that'll be a 2016 goal

DeeGee

My goal is to get more sleep!
To finish my masters in May.
To prepare myself for having 2 seniors, this really breaks my heart that my 2 oldest will be seniors.
Again more sleep.
Aggravate you all as much as possible! ;)
Oh and pray for a cure for IIH!
That's about all, not gonna worry about losing weight cause I'm getting too old to care lol!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: HF on December 31, 2014, 05:14:59 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 31, 2014, 05:04:01 pm
Mine:

1. Lose 30 pounds
3. 4.0 both semesters

Already giving up on the 2015 2A Pick 'Em Eh? LoL....

Move 8 to number one and ......

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

WPWells

I was putting it last for that very purpose. I meant to put it in all caps

Wolfpack68

Only 3 Hours left of 2014. Get ready to say goodbye.

DeeGee

I am very much enjoying this New Years Eve at work! Cause I'm cool like that lol!  ::)

Clara Allen

Knitting washing clothes and watching miss St get the dog beat out of them.  Living it up.......

Lineman

Spending my New Year's Eve sawing logs. I'll be at work in 6 hours.

DeeGee

I'm already at work lol! Get off at midnight and back at 8am til midnight. Wanna work my 16 hr shift????

WPWells

Here's to a better sports year for all my teams!

Hogs
Cardinals
Thunder
Cowboys
Blues
Liverpool
Charleston

Lineman

No I'll stick to my 8. I get enough 18 hour days in the summer.

Clara Allen

I got a FitBit for Christmas and I love it
This is going to keep me on track to walk those 10,000 steps a day and eat and SLEEP right. I believe I can lose that 30# I need to! I just got to get it synched to my phone!
This is the part of doing something for me this year that I left off my list
So- 3A friends- when you meet me in the flesh next year, there will be less of me!

WPWells

Hopefully I make it to enough Charleston games this next year to meet some of y'all! I've met the following:

adaptedtigerfan
Lineman
Longfellow
-Painted Fan-
The Dynasty
hoghelmet14
Proud Buckaroo
gold45
Wolfpack68
HF
gatecrasher
DeeGoldie

And hopefully many more this next year!

Clara Allen

January 01, 2015, 10:10:32 am #22 Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:57:39 am by warriorsforever2
Charleston plays in Lamar this year!  Come on down and look me up.  I'll be the one with the white camera!
I've only met two that I know of anyway!

Mac
Proud Buck
oh yeah, CoachJones, but I work with him...

WPWells

Games I make it to all depend on the Arkansas football schedule. My current school takes precedence over my alma mater

DeeGee

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 01, 2015, 09:44:57 am
This is going to keep me on track to walk those 10,000 steps a day and eat and SLEEP right. I believe I can lose that 30# I need to! I just got to get it synched to my phone!
So- 3A friends- when you meet me in the flesh next year, there will be less of me!

I'm thinking that losing weight is not on my list this year. Not that I wouldn't mind but too many other things to do. I think I weigh more now than I ever have but I ain't even worried about it lol! I'm rocking this 140 ;)

Lineman

Well that was a rough 6 and a half hours. Think I'll call it a day.

Clara Allen

Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 01, 2015, 10:16:59 am
Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 01, 2015, 09:44:57 am

I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin as we speak, but I need to get HEALTHY- and doing something for myself.  If I drop some weight, then all the better.  THEN I get to GO SHOPPING!!!

And 12thMan, I get U of A taking priority over alma mater!  But I hope you can make it to the friendly confines of Warrior Stadium.  Shoot, I'll buy you a funnel cake!

I'm thinking that losing weight is not on my list this year. Not that I wouldn't mind but too many other things to do. I think I weigh more now than I ever have but I ain't even worried about it lol! I'm rocking this 140 ;)

Sick Dog

To become a regular poster and not a troll or newby

adaptedtigerfan

I have been out of commission the last week due to my residency being on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.  I am home now and not looking forward to Monday!!!   My goals for 2015....   

Do people really set goals?

Lineman

Nah. That way you don't feel like a failure when you don't succeed. But if you do then you're pleasantly surprised.

-Painted Fan-

Lose a few pounds
Give up the Cokes (I'm a Coke-aholic)
Read the Bible all the way through
Take our first cruise (this summer)
Do the Sky Jump at Stratosphere in Sin City (I LOVE roller coasters, but I would be lying if I said this doesn't scare the bejesus out of me!)

DeeGee

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on January 02, 2015, 12:58:10 pm
Lose a few pounds
Do the Sky Jump at Stratosphere in Sin City (I LOVE roller coasters, but I would be lying if I said this doesn't scare the bejesus out of me!)

The Sky Jump is awesome! Done that 2 yrs ago while in Vegas playing pool. Adrenaline junky is me! Lol

Clara Allen

-Painted Fan-

tiger2016

Goals for this year.
1. See Charleston make it to at least 40 wins in a row.
2. See Charleston take state in Basketball this year.
3. Watch Arkansas make it to the sweet 16
4. Watch Arkansas go at least 8-4 next year.
5. Finish up my Junior year in high school, to go on to my senior year.
6. To pass College Algebra.
7. Lose about 30 pounds.
8. Attend all Charleston Tiger Football Games.

HorseFeathers

Lose a few pounds

Man...If I would have waited a couple of months this one would have been a good one for me...Went from 8-10+ canned sodas a day to maybe 1 or 2 a day now...

Clara Allen

I'm trying to get off the soda too.  I trick myself with sparkling water!  That way I'm getting all the water and bubbles too!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on January 02, 2015, 04:47:30 pm
I'm trying to get off the soda too.  I trick myself with sparkling water!  That way I'm getting all the water and bubbles too!

I'm using the Hawaiin Punch Packets...Dollar a box and makes 6 or 8(can't remember off hand) 16 oz bottles...

gold45

1. Worry less/stress less about "stuff" that really doesn't matter
2. Get rid of unnecessary clutter and become more organized
3. Lose those 10 pounds I have had on my resolution list for the last 10 years! :-\

Happy New Year everyone!

beach bum

January 03, 2015, 12:51:29 am #39 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:57:58 am by beach bum
Qualify for the Boston Marathon (the altitude here in Colorado is a monster though)... Get a job promotion in Hawaii...the 2nd might be a little too much of a dream but I might as well trick myself into believing it can happen  ;D

beach bum

But... All good goals for everyone who has posted.

hoghelmet14

My goal was to help all of yall get your karma to even before football season starts back up..... in spite of that lofty goal.... adapted is growing negative faster than I can help his positive! LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

WPWells

Just finished all the mission work we're going to do this week! My team tore down an entire house!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 02:35:04 pm
Just finished all the mission work we're going to do this week! My team tore down an entire house!
were you supposed to tear it down?

Coach Jones

1.  Win 2015 State Championship. 
2.  I guess that personal improvement stuff wouldn't hurt, but mostley the refer to #1

WPWells

It was, in fact, supposed to be torn down to the dirt. Habitat will be building a new house for the family whose old house we tore down

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 09, 2015, 02:55:43 pm
It was, in fact, supposed to be torn down to the dirt. Habitat will be building a new house for the family whose old house we tore down
just wondering i've seen college kids almost tear down a condo, lol. nice job giving up your holiday to help others. +1

Mr.Fridaynight11

Goals for the New Year...
1.) Strengthen my relationship with Christ
2.) Loose 25 pounds
3.) Go to at least two Razorback football games.
4.) Be a better Son,Brother, Friend,
5.) Get a promotion

Jalkuranis

1. Lose weight
2. Get married (in April!)
3. Get a promotion
4. Definitely lose the 25 lbs I've added(seems it just keeps packing on my stomach/love handles.... Curse that tire around my waist!)
5. Start saving up for when I have a kid.

6. Forgot this one. Go to Hawaii( honeymoon!!!) lol okay I'm done

hoghelmet14

Lose a few pounds

I get hung up on Leviticus and the Chronicles..... every year!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas