• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Kendrick to the Scrappers

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 29, 2014, 01:20:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfpack68

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on January 03, 2015, 08:56:43 pm
Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 02, 2015, 11:25:06 pm
Sarge I just don't see Kendrick leaving, as does a lot of other people. I still don't understand why he needs to "improve his situation". There's no situation. Charleston is still a good football team. They may not be as good as they were these past 2 years but they're still Top 5 to me. He's gonna stay. Why would he move to Nashville the year after 2 in a row??
I understand what you're saying but I still will be real surprised if Coach Kendrick is in Charleston 3-4 years from now. He's not a small school guy originally and he will get offers every year because of the success the past two years. Not to mention the fact that he's an excellent YOUNG coach, emphasis intended. Young and innovative minds are very appealing to AD's and search committees and he is obviously both. I wish him nothing but the best wherever he eventually ends up.
Ok. I understand some of it. But if he has continued success, he isn't gonna go anywhere I don't think. Unless it's just the perfect job(meaning the one he can't and wont pass up).

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 29, 2014, 08:21:26 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 29, 2014, 11:50:46 am
I don't see him going to Nashville. It's actually not even a concern. To me it's not even about the football team. It's where so u want to live and raise your family. I can assure you, knowing the Kendrick's, id be SHOCKED of they chose Nashville as the place to do that. If it comes down to Nashville or staying put, he'll be in Ctown no doubt!
if your naive enough to think its not about the football team then you indeed are naive. I'm sure Coach K has no intention to retire in Nashville but it would be a great opportunity for 3-5 years and then on to a 7A west type job. I can't imagine he would want to retire in Charleston either. Coach Loughridge didn't seem to want to retire in C'town
[/quote

I'm not stupid enough to think that he'll retire here. There however are some more factors involved that weren't factors when Loughridge left. I think he'll be here for another 3-5 years. I see Kendrick taking a bigger job but CLOSE to home. No way does he go to Nashville or anywhere south or east Ar. I think he'll go to Gwood, VB, Northside or Southside. Given he has continued success as a Tiger. I could see him staying and retiring here before he would EVER Leave for Nashville. Close, tight-knit family, and continued success keep him home
Or at least close to it. As previous stated he's a family guy and no
Offense to Nashville but i think he'd rather raise that family in Charleston or Gwood rather than Nashville!

footballfan-tastic

According to Webster is means: new, advanced and original.  I'm pretty the systems we are seeing in Arkansas are all things stolen, borrowed  or learned from a previous coach.  You know like when the forward pass or the option was first installed in the game.  Everybody else is just doing a good job or using the other guys stuff. 

Sick Dog

Yea I don't see him coming to south Arkansas either, he would have deal with officials from N Arkansas n the play offs and not having home field advantage throughout the play offs and not having his kids recognized as much as N Arkansas teams etc., etc., etc.,

footballfan-tastic

Whooooa!  sounds like you think there is some favoritism.

Sick Dog

Ding ding ding ding! Winner. Exactly

gold45

Quote from: Lineman on January 03, 2015, 11:16:24 pm
In my opinion innovative means adapting your scheme to utilize the athletes you have in the program. If you can effectively run the spread, do it. If you have a couple of good backs, then its 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If your defense won't be scored on then lean on that. Doing whatever it takes to win. Which I think coach k is one of the best at doing these days.

+1

WPWells

Bump because I was right. Where are the trolls now?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 26, 2015, 10:29:43 pm
Bump because I was right. Where are the trolls now?

Trying to figure out if kendrick is going to apply at van buren and Bentonville!

WPWells

If he does I'll still be right. I just said that he wouldn't go to Nashville

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 27, 2015, 08:39:15 am

Who in their right mind would want to live in Nashville!

7AFball

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 27, 2015, 08:42:55 am

Someone wanting to be in a higher class of ball with good athletes every year, good tradition like Charleston, and a higher salary, especially if AD is thrown in. Hear there will be a 6A job open shortly. Bentonville selection committee already knows of 2-3 they will be courting but Coach K is not one of them, at this point. I wish all coaches contemplating a move up in classification the best of luck. A difficult life but you meet a lot of new friends and fans etc...

7AFball

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 02, 2015, 11:35:00 pm
Perhaps a new challenge, perhaps more money, perhaps for a higher classification.  Moving up to higher levels allows him to keep moving up into higher levels if he continues to succeed.  He may wish for 7A one day.  Who knows what moves mens souls.
Good statement and so  true!  1+ for you...

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 7AFball on January 27, 2015, 12:21:12 pm

Someone wanting to be in a higher class of ball with good athletes every year, good tradition like Charleston, and a higher salary, especially if AD is thrown in. Hear there will be a 6A job open shortly. Bentonville selection committee already knows of 2-3 they will be courting but Coach K is not one of them, at this point. I wish all coaches contemplating a move up in classification the best of luck. A difficult life but you meet a lot of new friends and fans etc...

The Benny job will draw big names.  I bet they go after who they want though.  I would guess RJ will be on the short list.

7AFball

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 27, 2015, 12:24:52 pm

The Benny job will draw big names.  I bet they go after who they want though.  I would guess RJ will be on the short list.
SO SO true!!!  High classification, multi championships coach, no nonsense for sure, good planning and assistants love his discipline.  Wud not be surprised  to see him be the new HC at Bentonville...  :-*

Jabali

So Kendrick to Replace RJ at Greenwood then?

papaeagle

Quote from: Jabali on January 27, 2015, 01:16:35 pm
VERY interesting! They will be looking for a younger type coach, someone with a personality like RJ, which K seems to have, at times... ;)

nastynice

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 27, 2015, 12:24:52 pm
Quote from: 7AFball on January 27, 2015, 12:21:12 pm

Haynes or Jennings? Lol

Quote from: Jabali on January 27, 2015, 01:16:35 pm
Sounds like a new thread topic!

WPWells

Let's hold off for just a second until Jones is hired by Bentonville ;)

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 27, 2015, 01:42:22 pm
Let's hold off for just a second until Jones is hired by Bentonville ;)

Wheres the fun in that?

adaptedtigerfan

I would be looking for GWood to be looking for a hometown hero before they picked up K.

OLDSCHOOL82

ChucktownTiger

If the Gwood job opened, that's one that should scare Tiger fans. Kendrick has ties to Gwood and runs the type of program they want. Oldschool, if Charleton goes after Crowley at some point, do u put ur name in the hat for OC of the bear kitties?

OLDSCHOOL82

January 27, 2015, 04:33:42 pm #73 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:10:14 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
G wood has jones replacement on staff for whenever RJ retires or makes a move.  Both are right around the corner.  I'm waiting on the illustrious special teams position to come open before I apply!

HorseFeathers

12th Man...Look what you restarted lol

WPWells

I'm not bothered. I'm just happy that Mr. Hulka's credibility is shot and now he's probably gonna go disappear back in his troll hole

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas