• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

River Valley Combined 3A/4A conference in 2016-2017

Started by beach bum, March 24, 2016, 03:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Wow!!! I cant believe that Subi beat Ozark! Did we all over rank Ozark???

1-Adam-12

That score surprised me too.  It appeared that Ozark had been playing well lately.  Don't know if the Hillbillies threw in a clunker or if Subi played very well.  Incidentally the game was at Ozark.

Tomorrow night may tell a lot.  Two big games:  Paris @ Charleston, Booneville @ Ozark.

BigMan15

For sure Booneville can really really help themselves with a win over Ozark here.

x14113

Hillbillies rebound from the snowfall...!

Boys:
Ozark 68
Booneville 51

x14113

It's the Ladies' turn to shake off the rust...!

Girls:
Ozark 53
Booneville 31

1-Adam-12

Quote from: x14113 on January 13, 2017, 08:59:52 pm
Hillbillies rebound from the snowfall...!

Boys:
Ozark 68
Booneville 51

Bowman had a heck of a night.  Cats had no answer for him.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: x14113 on January 13, 2017, 09:15:20 pm
It's the Ladies' turn to shake off the rust...!

Girls:
Ozark 53
Booneville 31

Good job by Booneville's girls, despite the final score.  They hung in there for nearly three quarters against a very good team.  Three games in four days finally took its toll in that last 12 minutes.

BigMan15

x14113

No looking back after a big 2Q...!

Girls:
Ozark 55
Charleston 38

x14113

Road sweep achieved...!

Boys:
Ozark 60
Charleston 53

1-Adam-12

We laid an egg at Paris tonight. 

The one thing that leaves me optimistic going into Thursday is that we were struggling when we went into Chucktown and won.  Right now we're struggling again.  Maybe......

1-Adam-12

Second half of combined conference is here.  Been very interesting so far with several surprises.

Five teams with two losses or less, and another one putting scares into some of those teams.

Should be a great few weeks! Bring it on!

Starts right off with a big one tonight: Charleston at Booneville.

1-Adam-12

January 19, 2017, 10:14:11 pm #62 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:39:07 pm by 1-Adam-12
Well, well.  Booneville does it again.

For the second time, after a bad loss on the road, the Bearcats jump up and knock off Charleston.

Another great team win, with two seniors coming through, Yarborough with 29 and Knight with 16.  And we got big minutes from our bench players.

One thing that stood out also is I don't think Fenner played in the second half, at all. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Fenner was benched for disciplinary reasons.

I was impressed with Booneville, except for the fact that they had the game in hand late and almost let it get away.

Charleston is a little out of sync right now. My impression is that they have lived by the 3 too much, and Plan B isn't working too well when teams cover the 3. Fenner is not hugely quick, and #1 certainly is not, and when they can't get wide open for shots, then Charleston's offense does not work as well. Their point can take over a game when the other team let's him drive, but for whatever reason they did not start going to that until later in the game.

1-Adam-12

Charleston's rally came courtesy of a couple of threes, some ill-advised Booneville shots, and the fact that the Tigers finally found a defense that slowed down Yarborough.  The Cats figured out just in time how to counter that, and Knight (#54) who wasn't shooting free throws well, nailed four in a row.

When Fenner was in, he only got two shots away, one contested and the other open.  Booneville's D did a good job on him and may well have frustrated him.

All in all another quality win for the Bearcats.  Next is a trip to Subi, and that is always a tough place to play.

x14113

x14113

Peevy could use some help...

Girls:
Ozark 50
Paris 32

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Charleston looked good even with Fenner benched Saturday night. #33 impressed me with how are he plays. He is definitely the type of player that you want on your team, but do not like when they are on the other team. A couple of big plays and this game goes the other way. I am glad that Subi kept #1 in check and did not let him get hot from the perimeter like he is capable of doing. It was also huge that Subi started getting #12 and the other players off the offensive boards in the 2nd half.

BigMan15

I will say this Charleston is 30+ points better than Subi with Fenner on the court! The Charleston team that you will see the rest of the way I promise you will be worth the admission. These boys will be fired up and honestly I dont see them losing again THIS YEAR!!!!!

(((Subi2Sweet)))

30 points is pushing it and we will get to find out in a few weeks (Feb. 4th) when Charleston comes to Subi... that is if Fenner plays in that game. I was told that this past Saturday night was the best Charleston played as a team.

BigMan15

I doubt that unless Charleston was 2-15. Subi isnt near as good as Bryant, Robinson, Pottsville. Charleston played the best they couldve with what they had yes. Best team game, not so much. That could actually be considered the Paris game. That was a team effort.

Hog-fan

Current Standings (unless I missed something) as of 1/23/17

1. Subiaco       7-1
2. Booneville  6-2   
3. Ozark       5-2      
4. Paris       5-3      
5. Charleston  3-4   
6. Cedarville   2-5   
7. Waldron       2-5   
8. Mansfield    0-8

RTF

The standings in this are irrelevant considering they break up onto 4a and 3a come district. smh....

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on January 23, 2017, 10:58:38 am
30 points is pushing it and we will get to find out in a few weeks (Feb. 4th) when Charleston comes to Subi... that is if Fenner plays in that game. I was told that this past Saturday night was the best Charleston played as a team.

How is Charleston  30+ better than Subiaco with Fenner on the court when the lost to Booneville by 6pts and by 3pts with him playing both games.  Granted, the first game he didn't have his "football players" but he gave up, wasn't focused and just looked dazed at times  while being guarded by sophomores. The second game, Booneville got to him again to the point that that apparently he did something the coach didn't approve of an benched him the second half which while on the bench he contributed as much as he did while playing the first half. So in my opinion since I have seen Charleston and Subiaco play as well as numerous other teams in NWA, there is no way they are 30+ better than Subiaco. 

Hog-fan

Quote from: RTF on January 23, 2017, 01:34:30 pm
The standings in this are irrelevant considering they break up onto 4a and 3a come district. smh....

Agreed... I guess now the schools will have to come up with a new banner for "Regular Season - Champion" to go along with "District - Champion", "Regional - Champion" and "State - Champion".   :)

MICHAELSPAPPY

January 23, 2017, 02:46:16 pm #75 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:53:39 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: 3rdpartyperspective on January 23, 2017, 01:59:43 pm
How is Charleston  30+ better than Subiaco with Fenner on the court when the lost to Booneville by 6pts and by 3pts with him playing both games.

Is Fenner back on the court?

1-Adam-12

I think Charleston is 4-4.

Wins--Mansfield, Waldron, Cedarville, Paris
Losses--Booneville x 2, Subi, Ozark

Believe that the rest are accurate.

Booneville @ Subi tomorrow night for the lead.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

I will be at the Subi v. Booneville game tonight. Cell service and internet on the your phone comes and goes, but I will try and post score updates. Also Subiaco is hosting the 4-4A District Tournament starting Monday, February 13th.

Hog-fan

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 23, 2017, 05:55:27 pm
I think Charleston is 4-4.

Wins--Mansfield, Waldron, Cedarville, Paris
Losses--Booneville x 2, Subi, Ozark

Believe that the rest are accurate.

Booneville @ Subi tomorrow night for the lead.

Did Charleston and Waldron play their first game?  I know it was scheduled for 1/6/17, but that was the snow event.  Did they make that one up and if so, when and what was the final score?

BigMan15

BigMan15

Quote from: 3rdpartyperspective on January 23, 2017, 01:59:43 pm
How is Charleston  30+ better than Subiaco with Fenner on the court when the lost to Booneville by 6pts and by 3pts with him playing both games.  Granted, the first game he didn't have his "football players" but he gave up, wasn't focused and just looked dazed at times  while being guarded by sophomores. The second game, Booneville got to him again to the point that that apparently he did something the coach didn't approve of an benched him the second half which while on the bench he contributed as much as he did while playing the first half. So in my opinion since I have seen Charleston and Subiaco play as well as numerous other teams in NWA, there is no way they are 30+ better than Subiaco.

We will soon see!

3rdpartyperspective

We definitely hope to see something since Charleston isn't showing us much other than excuses this season.  I know they are a good team and really think most of the players let it get in their heads that this season would be a cake walk for them back to the state tournament.  They instead are being shown that teams aren't taking them lightly and rolling over against them.

BigMan15

Charleston responds well tonight with a great team effort and a 70-33 win over Cedarville!!

Hog-fan

Subiaco takes control of the conference lead with a 55-47 victory over Booneville!

1-Adam-12

Cats had too many turnovers tonight.  Subi's guards had a very good game.

What I would like to know is how does Charleston propose to beat Subi by 30+, at Subi, with the guards the Trojans have, specifically Taylor.  That guy is greased lightning and has very good hands.

I just don't see that happening.  Subi has taken control of this conference for a reason and that is their defense.  Yes, Charleston might pull one off, but I don't see it being by 30, 20 or even 10.

x14113

3rdpartyperspective

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 24, 2017, 09:48:48 pm

What I would like to know is how does Charleston propose to beat Subi by 30+, at Subi, with the guards the Trojans have, specifically Taylor.  That guy is greased lightning and has very good hands.

I just don't see that happening.  Subi has taken control of this conference for a reason and that is their defense.  Yes, Charleston might pull one off, but I don't see it being by 30, 20 or even 10.

You know Charleston is at an extreme low point when they are bragging  and excited about beating a 3 win Cedarville team by 37pts and getting back on track tonight.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Cedarville isn't that good this year, but we all know it is difficult to go to Cedarville and win... more so win big. Those stripes up there usually keep it close.

1-Adam-12

Amen.  The Pirates take the Cats to OT, but Booneville is perfect from the line in the OT and wins it by 10.

x14113

From yesterday:

Girls:
Ozark 58
Mansfield 13

Boys:
Ozark 78
Mansfield 20

BigMan15

(((Subi2Sweet)))

How many more 3's does Fenner need to break the record? Last I saw it was in the thirties. I really think he can break it easily, pending they make it to Regionals.

BigMan15

RTF

Make it to Regionals? I bet you mean state, because Chuck has a cake walk to regionals.

BigMan15

pridgehog

Would Lamar, Paris or Jessieville be the first round opponent likely for Chuck in Regionals? Possibly Perryville?

BigMan15

Most likely Jesseville or Perryville but you never know!

x14113

x14113

On the cutlass' edge...!

Boys:
Ozark 52
Cedarville 43

Hog-fan

Current standings as of 1/30/17

1. Subiaco       8-1
2. Ozark          8-2
3. Paris           7-3
4. Booneville    7-3