• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England @ Rison round 4

Started by bigpound98, November 27, 2015, 10:43:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpound98

Big Cat Daddy

BigLion10

WPWells

lionfan59

As much as it takes to win. The lions proved a never die attitude tonight.

Wildcatalumni21

If England can do what Hector didn't do and not turn it over they have a good chance!

Hornet4ever

England has a solid passing attack. Hector faired well passing against Rison tonight. I don't really agree with some of Coach Taylor's decisions to put in screens and stuff when normal passing route attacks were working. Screen plays are very tough to do against quick defenses. If England can maintain their passing attack against Rison, which I believe they will.. And if they can play some normal defense and slow down Risons running attack which looked good tonight against Hector then England will be playing in WMS. Beware though, it's tough playing at Rison.

bigworm

Get your ear muffs out lions. Rison faithful will dog cuss you all night long. Just smile back and play some football. Gonna be a battle again.

RunAndGun431

littleman

Tough place to play, I think England can do it though.

Jag-Class07

HorseFeathers

If England can get some stops, and their pass game is as good as advertised they'll pull out a win in rison...

England fans...if it's raining beware the ramp into the stands, that sucker is slick, 4 or 5 hector fans slipped and went down on it tonight, I was almost one of them lol

BigDoginBlue

If England holds on to the football, and gets some defensive stops, as much as it hurts to say it lions roll on to WMS by 2 scores

littleman

I watched a England team tonight that had heart and a desire to win. Haven't seen Rison , but that's alot of tradition down there and those folks expect those boys to win and the kids play like it. It's gonna be a barn burner . I'm gonna do the unthinkable and put my deer hunting plans on hold to go watch it. It will be two very well coached teams.

playmaker04

Rison can score with anybody but they have given up quite a few points on defense. England 42 Rison 30

Wildcatsissy

Gonna be a good game and dont need any mistakes.
I am going with Rison by 2.

Cheek

I have watched several playoff games in Rison over the years, but none with my Lions.  The stands on both sides will be full and the crowd will be rocking.  Playing at Rison in the playoffs is something our Players and Fans will never forget.

wildcat_x-mgr

Hard to believe that just a few years ago, England was our homecoming game, and probably a few other schools' homecomings as well. The Lions have really come a long way, haven't they? Now they're coming down our way for the state semifinals! The team that makes the fewest mistakes and capitalizes on their opponent's mistakes will punch their ticket to the Rock, I'm still going with my Wildcats! Looks like our year may be here again!

BigLion10

I remember coming down to rison my senior year when y'all had rock Caldwell toting the rock. He was a beast

littleman

If I remember correctly, there is not much room for the visitors to stand. You have the stands, but those folks try and take up the rest of the place. I'm gonna stand by cheek and big E, they can put worm on there shoulders.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: littleman on November 28, 2015, 11:50:34 am
If I remember correctly, there is not much room for the visitors to stand. You have the stands, but those folks try and take up the rest of the place. I'm gonna stand by cheek and big E, they can put worm on there shoulders.

Should bring more people...we filled the stands, down the sidelines and had a few folks in the bleachers at the end if the field.

purplehajj

I may come to this game if I can stand with you England fellows I'll even wear my purple hazen shirt so I blend in with you England people

BigLion10

Come on down there's always room for more fans.

purplehajj

I may just do that I haven't had enough football yet I figure this will be another shootout

BigLion10

I hope we still have two weeks left to play

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 28, 2015, 11:50:31 am
I remember coming down to rison my senior year when y'all had rock Caldwell toting the rock. He was a beast

Indeed he was. You could say it ran in his blood, he had an older brother who was a wide receiver that got a ring in 2004, and he was a giant among men!

BigLion10

He ran wild against us and I believe he returned 3 kicks back for tds lol. It was a shootout something like 62-36 our qb threw for 408 yards the only time we really threw the ball that year

wildcat_x-mgr

Oh yeah, I remember that one! Rison doesn't normally go over 60 in a single game (calling the dogs off), so it's hard to forget when we do. This year's 77-point outing against Hermitage was actually a record for Coach Totty's time at Rison.

bigworm

Rock was a bad man. On one of the kick offs he caught a cramp at about the 30 and stiff legged the rest of the way and still scored. Absolute beast.

bigworm

Ive always wondered why we kept kicking it to him. Websters definition: insanity-repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  ???

Iknewthemwhen

England in a close game.  They have won most games with ease but now we will see if they are for real.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 09:11:27 pm
England in a close game.  They have won most games with ease but now we will see if they are for real.

They are for real. They beat a good DA team friday.

02cat

If England can keep the turnover bug away they will win this one. Rison has a very good offense but there secondary is weak. Had we not turned the ball over several times we would've been in the game or made it a lot closer. Good luck to both teams

bigpound98

Omg here we go again

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigpound98 on November 28, 2015, 10:02:46 pm
Omg here we go again

I'm pretty sure they proved their "realness" last night.

Iknewthemwhen

Like I said we will see this week.  The field narrows and the better teams are left.  Their is a big difference between the top few teams and the rest of 2AA.  England has had a great run up to this point and I'm proud for them but their schedule hasn't been real tough.  Not a knock, just a statement.  I personally think they have a great shot to win it all, but they have to get by this Friday.

lionfan59

Ok so let's see they beat CC who beat JC and Hazen both good teams. They beat MC. Who beat Earl both good teams. They beat Des Arc who was 2nd in the "toughest Congrence ". So yea ok I see how you get Rngland has not played anyone.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 10:16:21 pm
Like I said we will see this week.  The field narrows and the better teams are left.  Their is a big difference between the top few teams and the rest of 2AA.  England has had a great run up to this point and I'm proud for them but their schedule hasn't been real tough.  Not a knock, just a statement.  I personally think they have a great shot to win it all, but they have to get by this Friday.
I like giving England posters hard time but a very good friend of mine who is privileged enough to get to watch certain HS games on Friday night told me y'all was the real deal ...sure hurt this ol HECTOR boys feelings but he was right just got two more to go I believe y'all got this :) :)

curtain caller

Sorry Rison but I'm going with England on this. Good luck to both!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 10:16:21 pm

No, the best teams may not be the final four because of seedings and when certain teams face other teams.

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 28, 2015, 10:20:38 pm
Ok so let's see they beat CC who beat JC and Hazen both good teams. They beat MC. Who beat Earl both good teams. They beat Des Arc who was 2nd in the "toughest Congrence ". So yea ok I see how you get Rngland has not played anyone.

What, there are 4 teams with winning records on their schedule?   

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 10:40:34 pm
Quote from: lionfan59 on November 28, 2015, 10:20:38 pm

What, there are 4 teams with winning records on their schedule?
my opinion! When your in the final 4 you don't have to defend your teams schedule anymore! That argument can go away in the 2nd round.

Iknewthemwhen

Oh, well that's good to know. When someone wants to tout their strength of schedule, the normal reaction is to disprove it.  I didn't say England was not good, I even said I think they can win it all. Just that so far they haven't had the toughest run. Boy some folks are testy.

bigworm

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on November 28, 2015, 11:08:35 pm
Oh, well that's good to know. When someone wants to tout their strength of schedule, the normal reaction is to disprove it.  I didn't say England was not good, I even said I think they can win it all. Just that so far they haven't had the toughest run. Boy some folks are testy.

:'(

big E

All they have done is beat everyone that has been put in front of them.

keohog

I look at our strength of schedule a little different than most people on here. The teams that play in a tough conference sometimes are limping to the finish line. While we are in pretty good shape health wise. GO LIONS!!!

Hornet4ever

The 8-2A behind JC and Rison was weak this season anyways. PC, Strong and Woodlawn were all struggling this season. The 5-2A has weak teams in it, as does the 3-2A and 4-2A. The 6-2A just has some better teams in it instead of just 1 or 2 good teams and the rest bad. England has done what they were supposed to do, beat everyone in front of them. Rison has done that as well.. So I don't see any reason why England can't win this ball game. Good luck.

cuz

Quote from: big E on November 29, 2015, 05:10:52 am
All they have done is beat everyone that has been put in front of them.
i believe your starting to strut a little E....😉

big E

cuz

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas