• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hooties take on the quarters

Started by bleudog, November 23, 2015, 06:42:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

November 23, 2015, 06:42:33 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:44:56 pm by bleudog
http://www.hootens.com/class-2a-week-13-2015_5770_ct.aspx

Looks like they're back to their old logic.

Conway Christian is a #7 playing a #8. 
Conway Christian is the home team.
Conway Christian is a two point dog. 
???

lionfan59

Well I knew that then5-2A would not be picked over the6-2A simply based off the past.  Looks like it's up to 5 to shut up the haters and bring home the W's Friday night.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I didn't know conway Christian had a turf field?

lionfan59

If they do. It's new. Last year it was a mud pit.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Hootens says they do,  but they don't know much about 2A anyway

lionfan59

Hootens and Fox very seldom pay attention to anything lower than 5A team.

HorseFeathers

I think Conway christians rank is due to upsetting junction city....but the picking hazen to win is due to the eagles giving up almost 400 yards rushing to one player...and hazen having Logan Penn May be a bad thing for ccs

bleudog

Quote from: HF on November 23, 2015, 07:16:52 pm
I think Conway christians rank is due to upsetting junction city....but the picking hazen to win is due to the eagles giving up almost 400 yards rushing to one player...and hazen having Logan Penn May be a bad thing for ccs

Inconsistent.

Rank Hazen #7 and Conway Christian #8 and make Hazen the favorite.

Hooties has a history of hedging its bets by favoring its lower ranked team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on November 23, 2015, 07:23:40 pm

Inconsistent.

Match-ups...and weather doesn't favor the passing game of Conway christian?

cuz

November 23, 2015, 08:07:05 pm #9 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:18:51 pm by cuz
Quote from: HF on November 23, 2015, 07:40:47 pm

Inconsistent.

You might be suprised, they throw a lot of short passes and have the receivers to make something out of it. Don't think the rain will effect it as much as you would think...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 23, 2015, 08:07:05 pm
Quote from: HF on November 23, 2015, 07:40:47 pm
You might be suprised, they throw a lot of short passes and have the receivers to make something out of it. Don't think the rain will effect it as much as you would think...

Inconsistent.

Ha...I just get tired if the constant hate on hootens...obviously their doing something right to have been making money on it for as long as they have....two high school radio shows use their guys for the pregame shows. I give hooties credit for throwing a ranking, then taking into account matchups etc for their picks...some teams no matter how good overall just dont match up well with each other... .that and the emotional factor for hazen,

Oh wells though, win or lose on the pick, hootens guys will still be laughing on their way to the bank

Alien

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 23, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
They don't But it is a good grass field that drains well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Alien on November 23, 2015, 08:19:12 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 23, 2015, 07:03:41 pm
They don't But it is a good grass field that drains well.

That's still a big difference,  des arc has about as good of a grass field as there is in 2A and the way they are talking about the rain that's coming,  it's going to be muddy.

bdubyab60

I tell you what if Hazen has a lineman that weighs 320 lbs I'm 500. They won on a lot of plays great technique and execution.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 23, 2015, 10:00:22 pm
I tell you what if Hazen has a lineman that weighs 320 lbs I'm 500. They won on a lot of plays great technique and execution.

Gurley probably weighs 280 or so

purplehajj

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 23, 2015, 07:05:20 pm
Hootens says they do,  but they don't know much about 2A anyway

+1.... I quit reading their bs

bdubyab60

Quote from: purplehajj on November 23, 2015, 11:12:42 pm
He weighs 294 and mills was 253
I just didn't see a kid on Hazens team that weighed close to 300 pounds. The one kid from CC is like 315 and was way bigger than any lineman Hazen had. This isn't a knock on Hazen, it really doesn't matter how much someone weighs. But I was as big as any lineman they had and I stood right beside each of them and I'm 260 when I wake up and 255 about 20 minutes later.

It truthfully doesn't matter how big someone is as long as they are playing hard and blocking hard as a lineman. Think it was 72 from Hazen did a heck of a job all night on a kid twice as big as him.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 24, 2015, 06:33:27 am
Quote from: purplehajj on November 23, 2015, 11:12:42 pm
He weighs 294 and mills was 253
I just didn't see a kid on Hazens team that weighed close to 300 pounds. The one kid from CC is like 315 and was way bigger than any lineman Hazen had. This isn't a knock on Hazen, it really doesn't matter how much someone weighs. But I was as big as any lineman they had and I stood right beside each of them and I'm 260 when I wake up and 255 about 20 minutes later.

It truthfully doesn't matter how big someone is as long as they are playing hard and blocking hard as a lineman. Think it was 72 from Hazen did a heck of a job all night on a kid twice as big as him.

You are not as big as Gurley, E. Lol

purplehajj

I know Gurley weighs 294 ate supper with him at Craig's last night and I asked him and number 72 is just a 9th grader

Outloud

72 is a 9th grader, gurley is a big ole boy and 71 from hazen had the job of blocking a big ole boy(i think it was 82) from criss county and he held his own. (71 weighs about 190). Whats that about the size of the dog in the fight? Or the amount of fight in the dog!!!!!

bleudog

Quote from: purplehajj on November 24, 2015, 08:27:01 am
I know Gurley weighs 294 ate supper with him at Craig's last night and I asked him and number 72 is just a 9th grader

Sounds like you were lucky you weren't supper.

FilmCrew

They have every game close...19 total points between all the game combined.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bleudog on November 24, 2015, 09:18:34 am
Quote from: purplehajj on November 24, 2015, 08:27:01 am

Sounds like you were lucky you weren't supper.

Ha!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas