• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

real contenders

Started by mcnewfamily, November 21, 2015, 07:07:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mcnewfamily

now the real teams step out there.  who has the best shot. jmo but the winners of the mt ida/mccrory game and the des arc/england game makes the final. hector, rison,cc,and hazen are very good teams but i just don't feel like they can win it.

Ventman

Winner of England vs DA and McCrory at WMS.

Mohawk 54

I don't see Rison winning it all, unless they find away to stop the run. Mt. Ida, Des Arc, and McCrory can all run the ball very well. (Teams that I have seen).

The Bear

Rison is to venerable. Can't stop the run this is why they are not a real contender . Now on to better teams . MCcroy can play some ball . So can my Lions . Next Friday night will be the winner of the state championship. No other teams have much of a shot in my opinion . Roll On Lions

mcnewfamily

thats why i started this. i haven't seen england play but we have played des arc and the can play. i believe this is the best four teams left of the 8 that are still playing. should be interesting this week to see how this plays out.

footballfan1998

Don't count out Rison just yet.  You can tell which posters are from Gurdon.  If we can't stop the run we will outscore you.  Any of the last 8 teams standing can take it. 

GTown

Quote from: footballfan1998 on November 21, 2015, 08:27:20 am
Don't count out Rison just yet.  You can tell which posters are from Gurdon.  If we can't stop the run we will outscore you.  Any of the last 8 teams standing can take it.
I don't think any of these posters on here are from Gurdon. So...

Rison is a good team. Gurdon is a good team. Last night just showed that the loss vs Mt iduh was an aberration. Mt Iduh is a better team than Gurdon, but not a 42 point better team and that is obvious. Mt Iduh will make to WMS and I think unscathed. They will be challenged by whoever they are matched up with. This is the most parity 2A football has seen in some time.

*Full disclaimer...The AAA has to quit setting up some of the best playoff games of the season in the first couple rounds. In other words, quit setting up the 7 v 8 in round 1/2 every. single. year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: GTown on November 21, 2015, 08:41:40 am
Quote from: footballfan1998 on November 21, 2015, 08:27:20 am
I don't think any of these posters on here are from Gurdon. So...

Rison is a good team. Gurdon is a good team. Last night just showed that the loss vs Mt iduh was an aberration. Mt Iduh is a better team than Gurdon, but not a 42 point better team and that is obvious. Mt Iduh will make to WMS and I think unscathed. They will be challenged by whoever they are matched up with. This is the most parity 2A football has seen in some time.

*Full disclaimer...The AAA has to quit setting up some of the best playoff games of the season in the first couple rounds. In other words, quit setting up the 7 v 8 in round 1/2 every. single. year.
Isnt that on like an every 2 year rotation or supposed to be. I think Gordon has just had an unfortunate run of winning or losing the wrong game during the regular season.

And one round deeper really means nothing overall. Winning takes care of everything. Several upsets already this year and I like a good upset.

purplehajj

It's a toss up the way things have been this year maybe strange finals

HorseFeathers

Quote from: purplehajj on November 23, 2015, 06:41:11 pm

Hector vs Conway christian wouldn't be that weird would it?

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 23, 2015, 07:20:09 pm
Quote from: purplehajj on November 23, 2015, 06:41:11 pm

Hector vs Conway christian wouldn't be that weird would it?
I don't think it would be that weird. There are 3 good passing teams those two and England. Wouldn't surprise me to see at least one of them there.... ;)

purplehajj

How about a hazen vs des arc finals there would be no one left in prarie county

Ventman

I think Hazen is getting over looked as well as CC. This is what's sweet about this year. So many teams left that could win it all.

HorseFeathers

You could say that for anyone not Mccrory....but then you'd be disagreeing with the few that like to shout down every point you would try to make...

mr.gametime

I wanna see a rematch between McCrory and Des Arc...

Wilcat43

Guys I don't disagree with ya on da,England,McCrory.. Very good teams BUT Hector,rison are no push overs u can't compare scores to finalize a bracket hey Hector beat a dang good Brinkley team put up scores on brink and they look bad in some games but that's not the case Brinkley can play with anybody in2a I witnessed it look at rison gurdon jc cc who would have thought that not me but it happend this is my opinion and this whole 2A playoff is WIDE OPEN!!!!!! It's all about who's gonna play for 48 minutes now!!!!!!

sportsfan-3

Quote from: Wilcat43 on November 23, 2015, 09:58:56 pm
Guys I don't disagree with ya on da,England,McCrory.. Very good teams BUT Hector,rison are no push overs u can't compare scores to finalize a bracket hey Hector beat a dang good Brinkley team put up scores on brink and they look bad in some games but that's not the case Brinkley can play with anybody in2a I witnessed it look at rison gurdon jc cc who would have thought that not me but it happend this is my opinion and this whole 2A playoff is WIDE OPEN!!!!!! It's all about who's gonna play for 48 minutes now!!!!!!
Well said, but I'm gonna say at least one game and possibly two, will take more than 48 minutes to decide the winner.  I see ot coming.

cav2012

HOGWlLD

the winner of the McCrory-Mt Ida game wins it all. I would also like to see a da, mccrory rematch at wms.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HOGWlLD on November 24, 2015, 02:27:44 pm
the winner of the McCrory-Mt Ida game wins it all. I would also like to see a da, mccrory rematch at wms.

For McCrorys sake, if they are going to win the title, they better hope for anybody but des arc.

lionfan59

Picks drinking with purple this week. Just overlook him.

HOGWlLD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 02:57:54 pm

For McCrorys sake, if they are going to win the title, they better hope for anybody but des arc.
SO.....des arc had a bad game?? is that what your saying? and if played again yall would win right.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HOGWlLD on November 24, 2015, 03:08:53 pm

SO.....des arc had a bad game?? is that what your saying? and if played again yall would win right.

Yes des arc had a bad game. We collapsed for about 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter after mccrory scooped and scored. Mccrory did nothing in the 2nd half. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 24, 2015, 03:08:01 pm

The truth is what it is

HOGWlLD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 03:23:12 pm

The truth is what it is
Mccrory did do something in the second half. something very important......WIN! as we would again. that was Mccrorys worst game of the year and ill be willing to bet des arc wouldnt get that lucky again. since were speaking in "what ifs" if McCrory would've played ball like they can we wouldnt even be having this conversation. it wouldve got nasty for yall.

HOGWlLD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 03:23:12 pm

The truth is what it is
The truth is what it is. check mate

mr.gametime

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 03:22:47 pm
Quote from: HOGWlLD on November 24, 2015, 03:08:53 pm

Yes des arc had a bad game. We collapsed for about 8 minutes in the 2nd quarter after mccrory scooped and scored. Mccrory did nothing in the 2nd half.

Lol...Pick yall caught a break when the power went out. ..Des Arc was about ready to fold. ...and McCrory was clicking on all cylinders. .next thing you know ...the power goes out with yall down by 2 scores....it was a 20 min delay in the game ..wich gave des Arc enough time to catch it's breath. .calm down. ..and regain it's composure ..and get a nice long pep talk. ...after 20 mins the lights come back on...and Des Arc takes the kick off return back for a touchdown right before halftime as time expires ...which gave them life again and momentum going into halftime. ..which carried over to the 2nd half.....

mr.gametime

Another thing you have to realize is that game was early in the season and McCrory was still trying to figure out its offense and defense of line situation. ...things have changed since then they have the linemen playing on the side of the ball where they are the most productive at. ...when mccrory played Des Arc they where still trying to get all that lined out...some of the players that played on the D line are now on the O line and some of the players that was on the O line are now on the D line...in the positions they need to be playing. ....I think McCrory would beat Des Arc again if they played

The Bear

But they won't get the chance because they lose to MI Friday night

HOGWlLD

also McCrory has been good all year but the McCrory team i saw last friday is HUNGRY!! made plays like i haven't ever seen on a high school field. Surely Hackett wasn't that bad.

HOGWlLD

Quote from: The Bear on November 24, 2015, 06:56:29 pm
But they won't get the chance because they lose to MI Friday night
appreciate your enthusiasm. im sure mi is a good team but obviously you havent seen McCrory play ball to be so confident.

mr.gametime

I think the 6 2A....will have 3 teams in the semi finals next week

Old Scrapper

The Bear

I've seen MI that's all I need to see . Bye bye to McCroy . Just another one in the W column

Ventman

Quote from: The Bear on November 24, 2015, 07:17:19 pm
I've seen MI that's all I need to see . Bye bye to McCroy . Just another one in the W column
MI goes down! You will see Friday night, Rogo will go off!

mr.gametime

Even if rogo doesn't go off McCrory will win the game with  defense...like I have said before...McCrory will hold mt.ida to its lowest amount of points scored in any game all year

Qdogg2000

Just looked at Mt. Ida highlights. Sorry Mt. Ida but your not good enough to beat McCrory. Unless that was your Jr. High team. Couldn't of been. Or was it? Jags roll Friday night. That Jr. High team, I mean Sr. High team is just too slow. I will say it again you will NOT win in McCrory. Bank on it!

Cat23

Quote from: Ventman on November 24, 2015, 07:27:07 pm
If McCrory doesn't show up, then you have a chance! MI has a good team, but good will get beat down by a superior McCrory team. Those Jaguars are for real my friend!!!

Ventman

Quote from: Cat23 on November 24, 2015, 07:55:38 pm
Quote from: Ventman on November 24, 2015, 07:27:07 pm
If McCrory doesn't show up, then you have a chance! MI has a good team, but good will get beat down by a superior McCrory team. Those Jaguars are for real my friend!!!
They are for real, ask Hackett fans and they will tell ya.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Qdogg2000 on November 24, 2015, 07:53:28 pm
Just looked at Mt. Ida highlights. Sorry Mt. Ida but your not good enough to beat McCrory. Unless that was your Jr. High team. Couldn't of been. Or was it? Jags roll Friday night. That Jr. High team, I mean Sr. High team is just too slow. I will say it again you will NOT win in McCrory. Bank on it!

Have you watched McCrory highlights? They dont look very special in theres either....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 24, 2015, 10:05:00 pm #40 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:12:10 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: mr.gametime on November 24, 2015, 06:48:59 pm
Another thing you have to realize is that game was early in the season and McCrory was still trying to figure out its offense and defense of line situation. ...things have changed since then they have the linemen playing on the side of the ball where they are the most productive at. ...when mccrory played Des Arc they where still trying to get all that lined out...some of the players that played on the D line are now on the O line and some of the players that was on the O line are now on the D line...in the positions they need to be playing. ....I think McCrory would beat Des Arc again if they played

It was our 2nd game too. With a brand new ciach. So we are better now too. Didn't even use one of our backs we use now in that game. Des arc tried to get mccrory to play with half the light's and they wouldn't. On the scoop and score, des arc was going in to score to go up 2 scores and mccrory would have folded. Your 3rd touchdown was bogus the reciever was a yard out of bounds, seen it on tape. I guess you are forgetting des arc also held mccrory to 170 yards while des arc had over 300.

I hope we play yall again.

And here is a pointer for mount ida, hit rogo HARD every play with or without the ball and he will lay down. That's what des arc has done the last 2 years and he hasn't rushed  for 100 in either game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 10:05:00 pm

It was our 2nd game too. With a brand new ciach. So we are better now too. Didn't even use one if our backs we use now in that game. Des arc tried to get mccrory to play with half the lighrs. On the scoop and score, des arc was going in to score to go up 2 scores and mccrory would have folded. Your 3rd touchdown was bogus the reciever was a yard out of bounds, seem it on tape. I guess you are forgetting des arc also held mccrory to 170 yards whole des arc had over 300.

And here is a pointer for mount ida, hit rogo HARD every play with or without the ball and he will lay down. That's what des arc has done the last 2 years and he hasn't rushes for 100 in either game.

Sooooo.....you claim bad game, then say you had twice the yards and still managed to lose?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2015, 10:08:10 pm

It was our 2nd game too. With a brand new ciach. So we are better now too. Didn't even use one if our backs we use now in that game. Des arc tried to get mccrory to play with half the lighrs. On the scoop and score, des arc was going in to score to go up 2 scores and mccrory would have folded. Your 3rd touchdown was bogus the reciever was a yard out of bounds, seem it on tape. I guess you are forgetting des arc also held mccrory to 170 yards whole des arc had over 300.

And here is a pointer for mount ida, hit rogo HARD every play with or without the ball and he will lay down. That's what des arc has done the last 2 years and he hasn't rushes for 100 in either game.

Sooooo.....you claim bad game, then say you had twice the yards and still managed to lose?

Bad because we fumbled going in for a score

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 10:12:56 pm

And McCrory had nothing to do with the fumble?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 24, 2015, 10:15:31 pm #44 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 10:19:38 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: HF on November 24, 2015, 10:13:41 pm

Absolutely nothing, wasn't really a fumble, it was a bad pitch to a wide open r.b. and we also dropped two passes in the end zone, right through the hands of our reciever to win the game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 10:15:31 pm

Absolutely nothing, it was a bad pitch to a wide open r.b. and we also dropped to passes, right through the hands of our reciever to win the game.

Ah...The rare fumble that the defense actually had 0 to do with. Dropping Passes...thought ya'll had one of those new fangled passing offenses :D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I guess bad game isn't how to describe it, abnormal would be more like it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2015, 10:19:49 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2015, 10:15:31 pm

Absolutely nothing, it was a bad pitch to a wide open r.b. and we also dropped to passes, right through the hands of our reciever to win the game.

Ah...The rare fumble that the defense actually had 0 to do with. Dropping Passes...thought ya'll had one of those new fangled passing offenses :D

Lol,  we actually hadn't even really starting our passing game during week 2, it's a little better now.

HorseFeathers

By the time the 2A-6 Fully accepts that the Forward Pass is a legal part of Football...The rest of the world will have come full circle back to the Triple-Option Offenses haha

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on November 24, 2015, 10:24:40 pm
By the time the 2A-6 Fully accepts that the Forward Pass is a legal part of Football...The rest of the world will have come full circle back to the Triple-Option Offenses haha

Des arc has accepted it and mccrory probably has the most underrated qb in 2A. He was the man for them the night we played. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas