• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida bring it home for the 7-2A

Started by LadyCougar, November 21, 2015, 12:48:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyCougar

Gurdon and LC are out of the playoffs so that leaves Mt. Ida. You guys are awesome so y'all bring that championship home for 7-2A. This conference has always been told how weak we are, yada yada yada. U guys are a good team and have a really good chance at winning the whole thing. The rest of us will be rooting for you guys. Bring home the big W for the 7. Good luck!

The Bear

No jokes what so ever this is a very classy post . Mount Ida appreciates the support . This post deserves a +100 . This is just a true football fan . Thanks for the post !

G-HIGH

Ditto. Classy classy lady cougar!
Pulling for my conference the rest of the way.
Mount Ida is Obi Wan.
Y'all are our only hope!

Good luck to all the 7-2A next year as Gurdon leaves for the 3A (ouch)
Hopefully we will be back in couple years!

LadyCougar

Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 12:50:54 am
No jokes what so ever this is a very classy post . Mount Ida appreciates the support . This post deserves a +100 . This is just a true football fan . Thanks for the post !
Thanks Bear. That's the best post I have seen from you so far. Changes my perspective of you. Seriously though Mt. Ida is really good and have a really good chance at bringing it home. I love football and I love kids. Mt. Ida has some of the nicest kids and one of the best programs I've seen in a while.

Hornet4ever

Good luck Ida. Hackett experienced McCrory first hand tonight. Good ball team for sure, better have your games faces on.

The Bear

Quote from: LadyCougar on November 21, 2015, 01:14:34 am
Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 12:50:54 am
Thanks Bear. That's the best post I have seen from you so far. Changes my perspective of you. Seriously though Mt. Ida is really good and have a really good chance at bringing it home. I love football and I love kids. Mt. Ida has some of the nicest kids and one of the best programs I've seen in a while.
I just like to stir the pot some . But I was very impressed last night about the amount of respect the players had for each other . Both teams were very classy and it was a very hard fought game . Not often you find two teams who help each other up and see opposing teams giving hi fives.

monster_island

I thought that the prayer circle after the game by both teams and their fans was a high point for the night.

The Bear

Just an all around very classy performance by two quality teams

Mohawk 54

Quote from: monster_island on November 21, 2015, 08:18:17 am
I thought that the prayer circle after the game by both teams and their fans was a high point for the night.
I was wondering if you'll did that last night, I know when Gurdon played down at LC, I was impressed from the Cougar team coming and asking the Go-Devils and their fans to come and pray with them.

LadyCougar

I keep hearing about the prayer circle. LC has been praying before and after games for years. I thought all teams done that.

GusBrown

cougarfan 422

Quote from: monster_island on November 21, 2015, 08:18:17 am
LC gives God the Glory after every game like that and the boys always  ask the oposing team to join with them. would be great to see Ida carry that tradition  on into the playoffs. win or lose To God be  the Glory!

Jaybo

Agree with this post completely. Good luck to Mt. Ida the rest of the way. We know you'll carry the torch for the 7-2A the rest of the way in a hardnosed yet classy way.

Blue

The 7 gets the worst playoff draw every year seems like. This year we had 3 really great teams our 1 and 3 seed play each other in the 2nd round, the 2 plays the #1 team in the state round 2. Dierks had a good team and we should have beat Conway Christian but we turned it over about 6 times killing our chances. Had we won we would have been @ Junction City in round 2. I wish one time our conference could get the good spots in the bracket. Conway Christian is a 4th place team in the 7 this year if they had been in our conference and they beat Junction City. I have high hopes that Mt Ida will win the whole thing. I really believe if Mt Ida wins Friday night they will play for the state championship. I will be there cheering them on if they can keep it going.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blue on November 21, 2015, 05:12:27 pm
The 7 gets the worst playoff draw every year seems like. This year we had 3 really great teams our 1 and 3 seed play each other in the 2nd round, the 2 plays the #1 team in the state round 2. Dierks had a good team and we should have beat Conway Christian but we turned it over about 6 times killing our chances. Had we won we would have been @ Junction City in round 2. I wish one time our conference could get the good spots in the bracket. Conway Christian is a 4th place team in the 7 this year if they had been in our conference and they beat Junction City. I have high hopes that Mt Ida will win the whole thing. I really believe if Mt Ida wins Friday night they will play for the state championship. I will be there cheering them on if they can keep it going.

Good teams win in the playoffs....not so good teams complain about draws and play basketball

Blue

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 05:14:55 pm

Good teams win in the playoffs....not so good teams complain about draws and play basketball

Does 40-7 on your home field ring a bell?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Blue on November 21, 2015, 05:40:28 pm

Didn't the 3 front he 6, bust yalls number 1 'S bubble last year?  Or was it more than one team from the 6 eliminating yalls teams?

HorseFeathers

So...You can't win on the road?

FootballDude02

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2015, 06:09:00 pm

Didn't the 3 front he 6, bust yalls number 1 'S bubble last year?  Or was it more than one team from the 6 eliminating yalls teams?
I'll take "more than one for 200 Alex!"

HorseFeathers

Nvm...I realise what the 40-7 was....guess some folks can't turn loose of things that happens 4 years ago...

Guess what blue, who's playing after thanksgiving for the second year in the last 3...not dierks, gurdon, or Lafayette county....

Blue

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 10:33:37 pm
Nvm...I realise what the 40-7 was....guess some folks can't turn loose of things that happens 4 years ago...

Guess what blue, who's playing after thanksgiving for the second year in the last 3...not dierks, gurdon, or Lafayette county....

No I was just reminiscing about the last time I remembered Hector having a team. We were abusing them on their home field

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blue on November 22, 2015, 02:04:40 am

No I was just reminiscing about the last time I remembered Hector having a team. We were abusing them on their home field

We were two years removed from not having a team...dierks still plays football?

From what y'all post about your own teams on here, hector would mercy rule most of your conference....

monster_island

It's sad that every thread on this board, no matter the original subject, turns into a pissing contest.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: monster_island on November 22, 2015, 11:18:45 am
It's sad that every thread on this board, no matter the original subject, turns into a pissing contest.

Not allowed to talk about actual football anymore...some posters make sure it doesn't happen on any thread....

M.I. D

No joke. I'm tired of it. It's pointless and juvenile.

The_Devils_Advocate

Same crap three out of the last five years.

The_Devils_Advocate

I firmly believe Mt. Ida is the best team in the state this year.

The_Devils_Advocate

Gurdon beat Gurdon. McCrory just had the great fortune of being the other team there.
Mt. Ida demolished Gurdon this year when Gurdon was relatively healthy and had everyone playing.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on November 22, 2015, 04:25:11 pm
I firmly believe Mt. Ida is the best team in the state this year.

Possibly. If not they are a close second. I was very impressed when I saw them against Danville.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on November 22, 2015, 04:30:54 pm

Gurdon beat Gurdon. McCrory just had the great fortune of being the other team there.
Mt. Ida demolished Gurdon this year when Gurdon was relatively healthy and had everyone playing.

That's what I thought McCrory beat the almighty gurdon world beaters with their world class speed.

Jaybo

I guess in a few weeks we'll all find out who has the horse power to win the whole thing. Good luck to Mt. Ida. I feel like they might just have the smash mouth style to do it. I had a guy tell me a while ago that Mt. Ida has something really special about them. He said "they only run about 8 plays, but those 8 are run to ******* perfection." LOL  Having said that, he didn't seriously mean they only run 8 plays. He was just pointing out that they are as sharp as a razor on the plays they run. They've got a great bunch of kids and a good coaching staff. I'm not from there or root for them, but I certainly respect the heck out of our conference mates.

FootballDude02

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2015, 05:19:11 pm
Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on November 22, 2015, 04:30:54 pm

That's what I thought McCrory beat the almighty gurdon world beaters with their world class speed.
Lol sure did, and Ida lost as well, with their powerhouse

minerjack

M.I. D

Blue

Quote from: HF on November 22, 2015, 06:34:39 am

From what y'all post about your own teams on here, hector would mercy rule most of your conference....

Hector would have been playing for the 4 and 5 seed in the 7 this year. You just barely got by a 4 seed out of the 6 I think that is all anybody needs to know about Hector

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Blue on November 26, 2015, 03:58:01 pm

Hector would have been playing for the 4 and 5 seed in the 7 this year. You just barely got by a 4 seed out of the 6 I think that is all anybody needs to know about Hector
That fourth seed would beat y'all.

wiseguy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on November 26, 2015, 04:04:53 pm

That fourth seed would beat y'all.
This isn't the basketball forum Blue, are you lost? WERE HERE-YOUR NOT ;D  4 yrs.ago you beat Hector. Today- Hector's your DADDY 8)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

And your point is? The 7 isn't as good as the 6, just look back to last year's playoffs.

gmac

y'all wont to talk about last year but they are different teams totally

Hornet4ever

I think Hector and Hackett and Burg could hold their own in the 7. Mt. Ida would obviously be a big task but I think the rest would fall in our favor. I think blue just might be trying to save some pride....  ;D

*Insert comment from blue that Dierks beat Hackett like 3 years ago

;D ;D

Wilcat43

hey blue INSERT FOOT HERE :-X :-X!!!!

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Wilcat43 on November 26, 2015, 08:01:05 pm

The 7 Bahahaha!!!!

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on November 26, 2015, 08:14:31 pm
Quote from: Wilcat43 on November 26, 2015, 08:01:05 pm

The 7 Bahahaha!!!!
The 7 isnt as good as the 4 this year that's a fact!

02cat

That 4 seed would beat y'all like a rag doll. If the 3 wasn't the weakest the 7 would be. We would be the 7's daddy just like we have been in the 4. Go live in the past because that's as close to beating Hector you will ever be again.

tacklethis...

It would be nice to have JC Westside, Decatur, Magazine, Union C, and western yell every year to beat up on.

02cat

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 26, 2015, 09:32:27 pm
It would be nice to have JC Westside, Decatur, Magazine, Union C, and western yell every year to beat up on.
Well wouldn't be much difference if we had Foreman, Mineral Springs, Murfeesboro, Spring Hill and Dierks every year to beat up on

tacklethis...

Quote from: 02cat on November 26, 2015, 09:53:48 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on November 26, 2015, 09:32:27 pm
Well wouldn't be much difference if we had Foreman, Mineral Springs, Murfeesboro, Spring Hill and Dierks every year to beat up on

Yep...

M.I. D

I wouldn't put mineral, Murfreesboro or dierks in the same class as the cupcakes hector plays. Dierks has solid teams often and once in awhile makes a run. Murfreesboro is always decent and good at times. Mineral has good tradition and good teams often. They have been down lately but they can come back quick because they usually have some good athletes. Comparing Decatur, wyc, jcw and those teams to the just average teams in the 7 is like comparing the Hogs to a d3 team.

monster_island

Quote from: 02cat on November 26, 2015, 09:04:12 pm

That 4 seed would beat y'all like a rag doll. If the 3 wasn't the weakest the 7 would be. We would be the 7's daddy just like we have been in the 4. Go live in the past because that's as close to beating Hector you will ever be again.

calpreps has 2A-7 ranked well ahead of 2A-4.

02cat

Quote from: monster_island on November 26, 2015, 10:17:30 pm
Quote from: 02cat on November 26, 2015, 09:04:12 pm

calpreps has 2A-7 ranked well ahead of 2A-4.
And calpreps has Hector beating every team in the 7 besides Mt Ida. So if we go with Blues prediction that we would be playing for the 4th seed, calpreps  is wrong. So i guess your statement would be wrong as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas