• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison: Rison is on their way to War Memorial?

Started by 4thandgoal, November 21, 2015, 12:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.gametime

G-HIGH

They are vulnerable. Showed tonight against a team with the 2nd round curse.

Hornet4ever

Pick_DA_EAGLES

WPWells

Hector stops them. By the way, how's your Junction City pick working out?

cuz

lionfan59

I'm going to say that any team that's left has a real chance at making it to the Rock. Think last night proved that nothing is set in stone just yet. You guys know I love my lions but it looks like the only team that slapped their opponent around last night was McCroy. Still think the Championship is going to come down between a team from the "weak 5" or the "almighty 6" are going to be

GusBrown

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 21, 2015, 10:38:26 am
I'm going to say that any team that's left has a real chance at making it to the Rock. Think last night proved that nothing is set in stone just yet. You guys know I love my lions but it looks like the only team that slapped their opponent around last night was McCroy. Still think the Championship is going to come down between a team from the "weak 5" or the "almighty 6" are going to be

Lol, weak and almighty!

By the way, the Cove took a slapping last night too.

WonderWartHawg

November 21, 2015, 11:17:06 am #10 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 11:18:40 am by WonderWartHawg
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 21, 2015, 12:24:03 am
Who can stop them?

Nobody.  Or anybody.  Or themselves.

Finally had a game against a tough opponent for the first time in about two months.
Coming off a bye week, which can be an advantage in some ways, but hurt you in others.

Gurdon played a great game, good team.
But Rison dug down and got it done at the end, using most of the 4th quarter for the game winning drive.
That will have to help them going forward.

Make no mistake that all of the teams left are pretty good.  Everybody will be gunning for Rison and bring their A+ game and maybe play their best of the season.
Rison will have to play outstanding to advance.
Play them one at a time and see what happens.

Hornet4ever

McCrory is the real deal.. I figured they would be good. But not that good, they played mistake free. We had them on two different 4th downs and they converted both. We fumbled 5 times and threw an int. They fumbled once but if was the back ups at the end of the game. And to top it off, their defense is by far the fastest defense I've seen all season. Any team that beats them has my attention. Good luck.

HorseFeathers

wildcat_x-mgr

I'm going to say that any team that's left has a real chance at making it to the Rock.

I agree with you. This year in particular, 2A seems really competitive, there are more teams that have a shot at the big one than in most years. Rison's game against Gurdon last night was a battle from start to finish, and I don't see next Friday being any different - but that's the great thing about the playoffs, you win one tough game, you're rewarded with an even tougher one! Go Wildcats, pulling for ya!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 03:15:40 pm
I'm going to say that any team that's left has a real chance at making it to the Rock.

I agree with you. This year in particular, 2A seems really competitive, there are more teams that have a shot at the big one than in most years. Rison's game against Gurdon last night was a battle from start to finish, and I don't see next Friday being any different - but that's the great thing about the playoffs, you win one tough game, you're rewarded with an even tougher one! Go Wildcats, pulling for ya!

Thought I'd help ya out there...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 04:14:24 pm

Sly....  8)

wildcat_x-mgr

LOL Clever! Not sure if that'll help you next week, though. ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 04:50:53 pm

LOL Clever! Not sure if that'll help you next week, though. ;)

I'm the pessimist of the hector posters....maybe big cat and wilcat will bite on this though

Blue

If Rison played good last night and didn't have a bunch of turnovers and penalties. I don't know but if last night was their best shot Mt Ida will beat them

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blue on November 21, 2015, 05:00:43 pm
If Rison played good last night and didn't have a bunch of turnovers and penalties. I don't know but if last night was their best shot Mt Ida will beat them

From the way y'all make it out to be...if last night was their best shot, they won't have to worry about mt ida...they'll be shooting hoops before December ;)

Blue

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 05:02:36 pm

From the way y'all make it out to be...if last night was their best shot, they won't have to worry about mt ida...they'll be shooting hoops before December ;)

I hadn't seen any other teams on their side play. Rison beat us last year in the playoffs so I can't say they wont make War Memorial but if last night was their best they can't beat Mt Ida

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blue on November 21, 2015, 05:53:20 pm

I hadn't seen any other teams on their side play. Rison beat us last year in the playoffs so I can't say they wont make War Memorial but if last night was their best they can't beat Mt Ida

Hah...they beat us in a wild one in hector last year....both offenses were clicking we just couldn't finish it off and rison capitalized on our last drive fumble...

jucker

People keep talking about Mt Ida being so good and they maybe. But you cant compare the score of the game between them and Gurdon to the game between Rison and Gurdon. Gurdon had 6 turnovers i think everytime they had the ball they lost the ball because of turnovers. It would be a much closer game if Gurdon played them again. And yes i know that's not going to happen but i will say everbody knows they played harder against Rison.

Wilcat43

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 06:01:18 pm
Quote from: Blue on November 21, 2015, 05:53:20 pm

Hah...they beat us in a wild one in hector last year....both offenses were clicking we just couldn't finish it off and rison capitalized on our last drive fumble...
yes your right hf it was a barn burner I think both teams have that respect for each other now.I think it will be a heck of a ball game!!!

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: jucker on November 21, 2015, 08:08:58 pm
People keep talking about Mt Ida being so good and they maybe. But you cant compare the score of the game between them and Gurdon to the game between Rison and Gurdon. Gurdon had 6 turnovers i think everytime they had the ball they lost the ball because of turnovers. It would be a much closer game if Gurdon played them again. And yes i know that's not going to happen but i will say everbody knows they played harder against Rison.
Rison doesn't have a brusing back like Brinkley's I can guarantee you that. Hector done pretty dang good against him they will be just fine against Rison.

Blue

Big Cat Daddy

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on November 22, 2015, 09:01:31 am
Quote from: Blue on November 22, 2015, 02:00:21 am
Rison will win by 3 scores.
They will be lucky if they score three times.

Ignore ole blue....he's still celebrating beating hector 4 years ago

Hornet4ever

heavyhittaz_7

Let's go rison pulling for y'all bring it own home for the 8-2a.

clwrinkle

Rison was lucky to have beaten Gurdon last week. Both teams played each other to the end.

HOGWlLD

November 24, 2015, 02:53:00 pm #31 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:57:30 pm by HOGWlLD
so how good is mt ida.

Qdogg2000

Mt Ida is ok. Don't have a lot of speed. That will hurt them. McCrory just has to run outside on them.

mr.gametime

Quote from: HOGWlLD on November 24, 2015, 02:53:00 pm
so how good is mt ida.

From what I have seen  on film....they are pretty good. ..not alot of team speed though. ...but execute all there plays to perfection ....I think McCrory will blow alot of there plays up...they execute there plays well...but I don't think they have played against a defensive line like McCrorys that's gone put the pressure on them and fire on the snap of the ball all night or a linebacker group that knows how and are fast enough to come up and fill the gaps ...make big tackles and shut down plays.

MR#1

G-HIGH

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 11:33:14 am
What were harvills stats last night?
He had 17 carries for 282 yards and 3 tds.  Finished the year with 2125 yards and 31 rushing touchdowns

Coach Venny Slocombe

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

Big Cat Daddy

Coach Venny Slocombe

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:45:56 pm
Quote from: HF on November 27, 2015, 09:34:03 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 27, 2015, 09:32:15 pm
And 45 points later...

Go away troll
Dang dude...don't cry...it's just a game...lol...

I'm not crying dude...I'm just calling obvious troll, a troll.  Having a good time on my ride home..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on November 27, 2015, 09:59:38 pm
And 45 points later...

Go away troll

I'm not crying dude...I'm just calling obvious troll, a troll.  Having a good time on my ride home..

Obvious troll. 😂

lionfan59

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: HF on November 27, 2015, 09:59:38 pm
And 45 points later...

Go away troll

Sounds like crying to me...I just pointed out the obvious...you are not gonna hold Rison to three scores...carry on...

kayliemorgan

Why does every have to down Rison? Because our boys actually play like a family, or because past teams we've played can't handle a loss?  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: kayliemorgan on November 27, 2015, 11:15:56 pm
Why does every have to down Rison? Because our boys actually play like a family, or because past teams we've played can't handle a loss?  ;D

I figure England will beat y'all next week....because brazael is supposed to be better than gaines.

Anyway...best team won tonight, doesn't matter how many plays you run 3 or 49, if you execute and capitalize on the other teams failures, then you win everytime.

Props to rison, they outplayed us tonight, good luck rest if the way...maybe we'll see you next year or further on down the line.

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: clwrinkle on November 24, 2015, 09:56:05 am
Rison was lucky to have beaten Gurdon last week. Both teams played each other to the end.

Lucky us! LOL They do say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Maybe we're both? ;D

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 28, 2015, 01:50:36 am
No crying here better team won HECTOR had a really good season 12 and 1 is pretty good Go Cats!

Lucky us! LOL They do say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Maybe we're both? ;D

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on November 28, 2015, 04:49:30 am
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 28, 2015, 01:50:36 am
No crying here better team won HECTOR had a really good season 12 and 1 is pretty good Go Cats!

No crying here we just got beat.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas