• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen @ Conway Christian

Started by Old Scrapper, November 20, 2015, 11:45:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Scrapper

Congrats to CC for taking 3 hours off our drive next week!

purplehajj

Old Scrapper

After Hazens rough start to the season I never thought we would be playing after Thanksgiving. Coach has these boys focused.

dragondad

Go get em Eagles, don't break the streak!  Good luck to both teams next week and prayers for safe travels and healthy players.

Coach95

The rain should be in our favor!!!

Bigditchlion

Sure hope they miss on the forecast!!!!!!!!!

Hornet4ever

Hazen playing some good football right now. They are going to be hard do beat...

lionfan59

November 21, 2015, 10:21:30 am #7 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:25:19 am by lionfan59
I'm not so sure about the rain slowing down the Eagles. Hazen keeps it close but the combination of Henry's arm and smartness is too much. CC WINS BY 14.

bigworm

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 21, 2015, 10:18:58 am
Hazen playing some good football right now. They are going to be hard do beat...

yep. And CC is just playing terrible. Haha.

Go Eagles!!!!

mr.gametime

I'm picking Hazen. ..they are playing some good football... something about getting that 3 seed out the 6 2A...lol..McCrory made it to the semi finails last year as a 3 seed from the same conference and I feel Hazen will do the same

nightowl

Once again I NightOwl going to ride with Conway Christan they playing some good ball at the right time

Outloud

I hope the hornets can pull this one off too. 3 or 4 years ago hazen and cc played baseball in parkers chapel. Was 1 to 1 ballgame until last inning and cc put 5 more runs across the plate to earn a trip to baum stadium(where i think they won 2a state championship that year. Hop the hornets can avenge that baseball loss!!!!!

Old Scrapper

I think Coach B called one of best games Friday since being Head Boss showing the confidence to kick the field goal on the first drive of the game to mixing it up a little passing. I'm done doubting and just along for the ride!

Hatchet

Hazen is playing with a purpose and as long as they do that i will be pulling for them.  Those little dudes play with heart and go 110.

C.C.TbirdFan

I am pulling for Hazen the rest of the way. Your kids wanted it more than ours Friday. Good job and good luck.

cuz

If CC keeps playing like they did against JC they will win this one possibly go all the way. Good luck Eagles....

CaptainSwarm25

The baseball game mentioned was a fun one for sure! Sophomore year! This team has found its identity and I'm liking it! Hope we can get going this week! Are the days of the second round chokers gone for the Swarm? 😏 Swarm 30 CC 24

bigworm

The swarm wont hold CC to 24. Better hope they can outscore them.

FootballDude02

Quote from: bigworm on November 22, 2015, 12:58:47 pm
I wouldn't put it past them though worm, someone said this same about the other CC team if I do recall  :)

cuz

November 22, 2015, 02:50:27 pm #19 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:36:17 pm by cuz
That QB will throw that many and they got two vert fast and elusive RBs that will score and u can take that to the bank.... ;)

WAR88

Clarification on the playoff baseball game 3 or 4 years ago...that game was Hazen vs Conway St. Joseph...two different Conway based schools. :)

Outloud

Ok, i am getting old and memory comes and goes!!! But at least i had the conway part right!!!!

bigworm

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 22, 2015, 01:32:58 pm
I wouldn't put it past them though worm, someone said this same about the other CC team if I do recall  :)

Let me rephrase it. I'll be suprised of the swarm holds CC to 24.

Outloud

Ok, i am getting old and memory comes and goes!!! But at least i had the conway part right!!!!

Bigditchlion

CC is good! They have lots of weapons and scheme well for teams. I was surprised how well they played against our defense when they came to England! Hazen's secondary better be ready and they will put up points no doubt.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on November 22, 2015, 06:07:07 pm
CC is good! They have lots of weapons and scheme well for teams. I was surprised how well they played against our defense when they came to England! Hazen's secondary better be ready and they will put up points no doubt.

Their run defense has to be terrible,  the one j.c. player had almost 400 yards, so I'm betting penn and Aycock have a field day.

CaptainSwarm25

Aycock not getting very active on the offensive side lately! Has stepped up in a major way on D though! Penn and Ingle are looking like the rushing leaders for the Swarm! Better hold on tight and hope that tuition money y'all pay got your weight room up to standards😉

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 22, 2015, 08:45:00 pm
Aycock not getting very active on the offensive side lately! Has stepped up in a major way on D though! Penn and Ingle are looking like the rushing leaders for the Swarm! Better hold on tight and hope that tuition money y'all pay got your weight room up to standards😉

Didn't he have over 100 against Cross County?

Coach95

Aycock didn't play a down of offense..

cuz

November 22, 2015, 10:41:46 pm #29 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:49:12 pm by cuz
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2015, 08:00:56 pm

Their run defense has to be terrible,  the one j.c. player had almost 400 yards, so I'm betting penn and Aycock have a field day.
Defense was good enough to beat JC and their no slouch. CJ Johnson isn't your average back either. First game he really got cut loosed, and it was 392 yds a new record for a single game st JC. Cc is no one to take lightly...

Wonderdog

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2015, 10:41:46 pm

Defense was good enough to beat JC and their no slouch. CJ Johnson isn't your average back either. First game he really got cut loosed, and it was 392 yds a new record for a single game st JC. Cc is no one to take lightly...
Godfrey didn't break 400 yards against Shiloh when the transformer was damaged back in the day?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Coach95 on November 22, 2015, 09:43:48 pm
Aycock didn't play a down of offense..

Gotcha, was it the poyen game he did?

purplehajj

Correct pick he ran well against poyen and had over a hundred he hurt his groin that game as well so coach just used him on d Friday night I look form him to be ready to run Friday coach was trying to keep him active on d so he could rest the groin I look for a good offensive game from him Friday night

cuz

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on November 22, 2015, 11:51:27 pm

Godfrey didn't break 400 yards against Shiloh when the transformer was damaged back in the day?
https://m.facebook.com/notes/border-town-legends/johnson-sets-new-single-game-rushing-record/706868009443507/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

Hornet4ever

I said earlier in the year Conway Christian didn't impress me that much, I was wrong. I was very impressed with their play against a good Junction City defense. The QB is very skilled and can sling the ball. Few other athletes round it out to make CC pretty dangerous. Hazen will have to play solid defense to win this game. I honestly don't know who wins this one. But I'll take Conway Christian at home by 7. Should be a good one.

purplehajj

I'm going out on a limb and saying hazen by 12 watched a little of there film and there a good team but very beatable

cav2012

bleudog

November 23, 2015, 07:01:22 pm #37 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 07:04:06 pm by bleudog

My first guess would have been Godfrey in the U$C game too.

Marcus had 238 and three TDs ON HIS FIRST FIVE CARRIES AND THERE WAS STILL TWO MINUTES LEFT IN THE FIRST QUARTER.  He ended up with 308 according to Malzahn's book.

Wonderdog

Quote from: bleudog on November 23, 2015, 07:01:22 pm

My first guess would have been Godfrey in the U$C game too.

Marcus had 238 and three TDs ON HIS FIRST FIVE CARRIES AND THERE WAS STILL TWO MINUTES LEFT IN THE FIRST QUARTER.  He ended up with 308 according to Malzahn's book.
One day i watched that entire game on youtube. Godfrey was a beast to say the least as you pointed out. I remembered him having some ridiculous stats for the first quarter but was not sure of the exact amount. That was my best guess.

BrianfromCarlisle

lionfan59

nightowl

Old Scrapper

dart

Hazen will win this by 2 scores

nightowl

Cheek

Quote from: nightowl on November 24, 2015, 06:34:51 am
Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 23, 2015, 11:43:04 pm
It's in Conway
how when Hazen is at the top part of the bracket

CC is a 2 seed and Hazen is a 3 seed.  Game is in Conway.

dragondad

Higher seed is always home regardless of where they fall in bracket.

BLUEBLOOD

Good luck to the Eagles.  I think they will be in the semifinals next week.  I have picked them to lose each week in the playoffs.  But they got the job done.  No easy feat to go into JC and win in November. 

I don't know much about Hazen, but a 3 seed making it to the quarterfinals is very impressive.  Should be a good game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas