• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des arc @ England round 3

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, November 20, 2015, 09:49:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpound98

Quote from: jamielee78 on November 27, 2015, 09:46:11 pm
Way to go MIGHTY LIONS!!!! Proud of Brazeal he's definitely one of a kind!  ;D
He's definitely got a gift

BigLion10

Congrats to both teams on a hard effort game. Great season Des Arc y'all played lights out. WTG Lions!!

lionfan59

PICK get your EHS Lions shirt!!!!!!

Bigditchlion

Gotta say that the Eagles was the hardest hitting teams the lions have seen!! Way to go lions! Hats off to des arc, y'all are a great team!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 27, 2015, 10:11:21 pm

Thought ya'll would supply me one?

Lionbro20

I can say this was a brawl all night long, had to have a perfect drive under two minutes and they delievered nothing to be ashamed of on either side, most exciting game I've seen in a while!

BigLion10

Almost had a heart attack when DA went up with 2 minutes left great game

bigworm

Man! I don't even know what to say.  What a dang ballgame!!! DA is every bit as good as I thought. Congrats to DA on a great season. Both defenses played pretty dang good. Neither team deserved to lose. To the DA seniors I salute you. Great career.

footballfanz

Hats off for the young man from D.A. They played there hearts out tonight.

lionfan59

I think I was louder in my hotel room about this game than we were at the Hogs game. It was intense by play by play on social media. I'm sure the game was a heck of a sight.

BigLion10

I'm sure the hotel people are glad the games over lol

keohog

Great game LIONS you played your butts off and got the hard fought win. DA you have nothing to hang your heads about , this game could of went either way. Good to talk to ya tonight Pick.

Ventman

Congrats England Lions!!! Heck of a game! Great game DA. It's a shame someone has to lose that game, good luck Lions next week in Rison!!

bigpound98

Old Scrapper

Congrats England, now get to WMS so I can cheer for a local team! I'm jumping on the wagon with y'all

wingman

Congratulations to Des Arc's coach Widener on a great season as well. Pretty impressive season for a first year head coach.

Lionbro20

Plenty of room scrapper never thought I'd see the day a Hazen hornet would jump on an England band wagon!! ;p

purplehajj

Scrapper bumped his head last night lol congrats on the win talked to the England QB last night at Waffle House seemed like a good guy

Old Scrapper

Naw I'm just giving old conference foes a little respect

Cheek

Quote from: purplehajj on November 28, 2015, 08:54:43 am
Scrapper bumped his head last night lol congrats on the win talked to the England QB last night at Waffle House seemed like a good guy

He is a very good kid, if he wasn't , he wouldn't be sitting with my daughter.   Me and worm were in the booth next to them.  Both families have eaten at Waffle House after each home victory.  That is 10 times.  Got to love that All Star breakfast.

Bigditchlion

He is a great young man and role model for our youth! There are a lot of great guys on this team, all very humble! They all pick each other up and play hard for one another.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 27, 2015, 10:13:20 pm

I will have you a Purple Lions shirt if you are coming to Rison.   We will even give you a bell to ring if you like. 

Pick. We are still waiting on you to comment on the game. England's  defense held Des Arc to three scores.  I do not know what DA had rushing, but it was way below their season average. 

littleman

Hey Cheek, me and Big E need some purple.

littleman

Cheek yall held them to 1 rushing score, that was salty .

WPWells

Just watched the highlights:

1. On the fake punt, the player never reported between the numbers, so they should've been flagged for illegal participation

2. I definitely saw a clear hold on the touchdown that was called back

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 09:38:53 am

I will have you a Purple Lions shirt if you are coming to Rison.   We will even give you a bell to ring if you like. 

Pick. We are still waiting on you to comment on the game. England's  defense held Des Arc to three scores.  I do not know what DA had rushing, but it was way below their season average.

I think I was the first to post great job to england. I'm not sure what we rushed for either, but it was more than the 150 you hopes for. That's the 3rd time we been held to 3 scores, won 1 and lost 2, both to teams who will be playing next friday. The mud was bad for both teams.

I won't be at rison, but I might come to w.m.s.

BigLion10

Quote from: purplehajj on November 28, 2015, 08:54:43 am
I was the big guy standing right beside them talking to them lol. If I had known that was you I would have introduced myself lol

keohog

Quote from: littleman on November 28, 2015, 09:47:40 am
Cheek yall held them to 1 rushing score, that was salty .
All we heard all week was how DA was going to run it down our throat.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 28, 2015, 09:57:00 am

I think I was the first to post great job to england. I'm not sure what we rushed for either, but it was more than the 150 you hopes for. That's the 3rd time we been held to 3 scores, won 1 and lost 2, both to teams who will be playing next friday. The mud was bad for both teams.

Counting sacks and all,  I do not think DA had 150 rushing yards.   I will check with the Coaching Staff  after they break down the film.  I think the wet field slowed down England's offense more than Des Arc.  It was harder for our QB to scramble or step into his passes.  I thought it was a good game, and are glad we won.

WPWells

I was shocked when BigLion texted me to say Des Arc actually tried to pass

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 10:18:44 am

Counting sacks and all,  I do not think DA had 150 rushing yards.   I will check with the Coaching Staff  after they break down the film.  I think the wet field slowed down England's offense more than Des Arc.  It was harder for our QB to scramble or step into his passes.  I thought it was a good game, and are glad we won.

I will assure you the wet field and wet muddy balls hurt us too, we couldn't do our double hand offs.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2015, 10:20:20 am
I was shocked when BigLion texted me to say Des Arc actually tried to pass

We been passing some since the hazen game. Reciever dropped several passes last night that should have been caught.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 28, 2015, 10:24:01 am

I will assure you the wet field and wet muddy balls hurt us too, we couldn't do our double hand offs.

DA tried it one time for zero yards.   This group of England players grew up running this offense and knew what to look for.  England is very well Coached and had keys to watch for on defense.  DA had trouble calling plays because Farmer was moving players around giving them different looks. 

Now since game this is over, Pick, give us your assessment of England and  our chances against Rison or McCrory.

McCrory.

FootballDude02

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2015, 09:51:20 am
Just watched the highlights:

1. On the fake punt, the player never reported between the numbers, so they should've been flagged for illegal participation

2. I definitely saw a clear hold on the touchdown that was called back
Not if he was previously on the field prior to the play

jsky14

November 28, 2015, 10:51:11 am #384 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:30:23 pm by jsky14
My unofficial stats. DA-94 passing and 138 rushing. E-249 passing and 96 rushing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 10:40:27 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 28, 2015, 10:24:01 am

DA tried it one time for zero yards.   This group of England players grew up running this offense and knew what to look for.  England is very well Coached and had keys to watch for on defense.  DA had trouble calling plays because Farmer was moving players around giving them different looks. 

Now since game this is over, Pick, give us your assessment of England and  our chances against Rison or McCrory.

McCrory.

I feel the same about yall today as I did last week, the winner of last night's game will be in w.m.s. and I think yall can beat mccrory, BUT it's going to be a battle just like last night.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Yall whipped us on the line of scrimmage all night.

Bigditchlion

Whipped is a pretty strong term, pick. Battled would be better. The Eagles are HUGE up front, the size of those guys was a wow factor. Man they are some kind of physical.

bigworm

Who woukd have thunk 2 DA tds come throuth the air. Great game.

And the fake punt was legal. Kid was inside the numbers when the play clock started. Our boys just fell asleep. They were lookin for it on the previous punts but lack of focus on that one. You can never lose focus for a single play. That very well could have cost us the game.

Bondfan4ever

Since the Badgers season ended, I attended the Eagles playoff games vs. Magnet Cove and at England.  I'd like to make a few observations on the Eagles and AA playoff football:

1. Des Arc absolutely supports their Eagles.  The numbers were extremely impressive, especially last night in the rain at England.

2. I love the fact that a member of the community does the invocation before the game.

3. The Des Arc band did an outstanding job and has a large number for being a AA band.

4. I love Coach Widener's enthuasism, especially when his players come off the field after a score.

5. There are some tough kids playing football, both Des Arc and elsewhere.

6. Its a shame there was no live radio of the England-Des Arc game last night.  I would've broadcast that game for free.

7. Back when I was in high school, England & Des Arc were in the old 5AA South Conference w/ Beebe.

8. As much as I enjoy doing radio play by play, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the stands these last two weeks.

9. AA football fans are very passionate and I enjoyed being around them these past 2 weeks.

10. Coach Widener is one of the hardest working coaches out there and loves his players.  Des Arc is very fortunate to have a man of his character.

In closing, good luck to the Lions next week at Rison and Des Arc has nothing to be ashamed of.  The coaches and kids are winners no matter what the scoreboard said.

bigworm

There is normally live audio and video feed for the england games. Im not sure what went wrong but it was planned. You may have noticed nothing from the pressbox fairly early in the first half.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on November 28, 2015, 12:49:03 pm
Since the Badgers season ended, I attended the Eagles playoff games vs. Magnet Cove and at England.  I'd like to make a few observations on the Eagles and AA playoff football:

1. Des Arc absolutely supports their Eagles.  The numbers were extremely impressive, especially last night in the rain at England.

2. I love the fact that a member of the community does the invocation before the game.

3. The Des Arc band did an outstanding job and has a large number for being a AA band.

4. I love Coach Widener's enthuasism, especially when his players come off the field after a score.

5. There are some tough kids playing football, both Des Arc and elsewhere.

6. Its a shame there was no live radio of the England-Des Arc game last night.  I would've broadcast that game for free.

7. Back when I was in high school, England & Des Arc were in the old 5AA South Conference w/ Beebe.

8. As much as I enjoy doing radio play by play, I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the stands these last two weeks.

9. AA football fans are very passionate and I enjoyed being around them these past 2 weeks.

10. Coach Widener is one of the hardest working coaches out there and loves his players.  Des Arc is very fortunate to have a man of his character.

In closing, good luck to the Lions next week at Rison and Des Arc has nothing to be ashamed of.  The coaches and kids are winners no matter what the scoreboard said.

Thank you for the kind words, I think I can speak for all the des arc eagle fans when I say we are proud of our entire Eagle program.  From the education, to the band (which I agree with your statement about them, the new director has fired up enthusiasm like nobody since director Nash), all our sports from peewee through high school. Thanks again for your assessment.

curtain caller

Des Arc congrats on a good season!

Cheek

Brazeal had 250 yards passing and 125 yards rushing.   I am sure he was the leading passer and rusher for the game.  I still don't know Des Arc's rushing total, but I would be shocked if it was more than 150 yards.  Defense wins games, and it did last night.   

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 05:29:10 pm
Brazeal had 250 yards passing and 125 yards rushing.   I am sure he was the leading passer and rusher for the game.  I still don't know Des Arc's rushing total, but I would be shocked if it was more than 150 yards.  Defense wins games, and it did last night.
D definitely wins in the end. Congratulations Des Arc on a great season this year and may it continue into next year. England great game and good luck next week...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 05:29:10 pm

You need to deduct the yards lost on sacks.

WPWells

jsky14

That 125 isn't right. I had him for 77. Also had DA for147 rushing.
Here's  stat for u. DA only had 1 snap inside England's 20.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2015, 08:56:30 pm
Why?

Because I said so.  Geez dude

Because he's the qb, his lost yards come off his rushing.

Cheek

Quote from: jsky14 on November 28, 2015, 09:09:02 pm
That 125 isn't right. I had him for 77. Also had DA for147 rushing.
Here's  stat for u. DA only had 1 snap inside England's 20.
[/quot

I got the 125 out of the paper.  If Des Arc only had 147 yards, I was correct.   England's defense really stepped up to be one of those weak 2A-5 teams.. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas