• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian at Junction City - Playoffs Rnd 2

Started by dragondad, November 15, 2015, 11:48:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whoknows

green-eagle

Bleu, the last lost fir JC at home was Strong in 2011 before that Rison.. Right?

bleudog

Congratulations to CC. They get the job done

CC. 41
JC. 36

Final

Wildcat_Booster

16 pt lead and I thought it was going to be a runaway but CC fought back, WOW. CJ Johnson 384 yards rushing, how do you lose doing that?

bleudog

November 20, 2015, 09:59:31 pm #104 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:47:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: green-eagle on November 20, 2015, 09:58:05 pm
Bleu, the last lost fir JC at home was Strong in 2011 before that Rison.. Right?

Haynesville loss earlier this year was in JC.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

How long has it been since j.c. was not playing football after turkey day?

green-eagle

Jaybo

Did not see this one coming... Congrats to the Eagles. This feels almost like one of those "Down goes Frazier" moments. Great job by the Dragons on being the king and gate keeper of the AA title belt for so many years and really congrats to CC for going into enemy territory and pulling off a stunner. Congrats to both teams.

NEark tigers

I am watching the online cast of this game, and it seems to me that the commentator sounds like he's cryin!!!..JMO

3-3-5 TCU Defense works!

You can beat a team from two states!!!

mr.gametime

Quote from: mr.gametime on November 15, 2015, 11:56:12 am
This could be one of them games. ...where a teams style of play could keep the game close and possibly pull off the upset....even tho Junction city is the better team

Lol...told yall I called it back when this thread was first made.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 20, 2015, 10:00:23 pm
Too long ago to remember pick....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 20, 2015, 10:38:10 pm

That's what I was thinking

JC Guy

Hats off to Conway Christain. Safe travels home and I hope you guys go far.

Donnie Jamon

bleudog

bigworm

Congrats to CC!! Way to represent!! I'm kind of sad for JC. I have much respect for them.

cuz

November 20, 2015, 10:51:45 pm #116 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:58:33 pm by cuz
Hats off to CCH they came into the Dragon lair and slayed the Dragon. JC helped them a little and you can't do that against a quality team like they are. They had very good disciplined players who played there hearts out and wanted this win. JC couldn't find a answer for that little dump pass and for that matter for a few very well thrown long passes. They sacked the QB  and pressured him all night and he had a great game. CCH had some very quick receivers with very good hands and very elusive when they caught the ball. Even though a few personal fouls were called I saw several displays of sportsmanship being displayed. Congratulation and good luck through the rest of the playoffs. Junction hold your head up your a young team with a great future in front of you next year....

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on November 20, 2015, 10:50:30 pm
Congrats to CC!! Way to represent!! I'm kind of sad for JC. I have much respect for them.
No reason to be sad worm the better team won tonight. JC had a run most teams would dream about. Good luck to you and England....

whoknows

Quote from: cuz on November 20, 2015, 10:54:30 pm
No reason to be sad worm the better team won tonight. JC had a run most teams would dream about. Good luck to you and England....
Classy post cuz...you guys know the whole state respects your program...what a run you guys had...

bleudog

November 20, 2015, 11:13:51 pm #119 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:51:59 am by bleudog
Quote from: green-eagle on November 20, 2015, 10:00:43 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 20, 2015, 09:59:31 pm
Haynesville loss earlier this year was in JC.

As far as playoff...

That would be the KD led Strong team in 2011.

That semi final loss was at The Lair.

bleudog

November 20, 2015, 11:16:48 pm #120 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:53:55 am by bleudog
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 20, 2015, 10:47:25 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 20, 2015, 10:41:45 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 20, 2015, 10:38:10 pm

That's what I was thinking
Dancy 10 grade yr?

Dancy's 8th grade year.

2014 (Dancy senior) - state champion
2013 (Dancy junior) - state champion
2012 (Dancy sophomore) - state champion
2011 (Dancy freshman) - state final four (lost to Strong)
2010 (Dancy 8th grade) - second round (lost to Bearden)

dragondad

Heck of a game by both teams, every kid out there left all they had on the field. Congrats to the CC Eagles, you played a great game and did what you do best. Heck of a QB and squad of receivers. Prayers for safe travels home and throughout the playoffs.

Dragons, keep your heads up and keep fighting you had a great season and overcame a lot. SR's as hard as tonight was, you've got three rings that will always remind you of the great things you've accomplished. We love our Dragons, and celebrate you as winners every day. Dragon Pride!

ExemplaryChimp

Hawgpilot

Great game and huge win for CCS!  I will say JC was all class.  Enjoyed watching the game and how the JC players played.

Hawgeye

On to 3A now for Junction City as they now get to create new rivalries with McGehee, Fordyce, Fouke, and continue with Smackover.

Will be interesting to see how Carpenter and the program bounces back.

whoknows

bleudog

Ventman

Dang worm they won three years straight, give someone else a chance! 😂😂

The Bear

Junction City has made there self a program that anyone in the state would love to have .

cuz

November 21, 2015, 09:06:48 am #129 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:10:16 am by cuz
Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 08:10:53 am
Junction City has made there self a program that anyone in the state would love to have .
Thanks bear at least they weren't like those one hit wonders in Rock and Roll. Lol . But it's harder to keep it going year after year. A lot of pressure on players and coaches. Good look to MI hope they play good on the road...

The Bear

Quote from: cuz on November 21, 2015, 09:06:48 am
Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 08:10:53 am
Thanks bear at least they weren't like those one hit wonders in Rock and Roll. Lol . But it's harder to keep it going year after year. A lot of pressure on players and coaches. Good look to MI hope they play good on the road...
thanks very much I hope MI rolls on . But your right , getting to the top is the second hardest thing to do . The hardest is staying there . JC has been year in and year out for the past 4 years a contender . There's not a single team in state who doesn't know who JC is . With that being said I believe they will be right back next year never missing a beat . Heck of a ball team they have down there and a great coaching staff . Hats off to JC win or lose

Bigditchlion

Way to go CC! JC is a great program, thanks for representing the 5 with a win over a monster of a program.

gatecrasher

JC was an extremely young team.
Whoever wins the title better enjoy it, because I'm fairly certain the Dragons restore order in 2016.

BigLion10

Won't affect us down here in 2A since they move to 3A

Jaybo

Quote from: whoknows on November 21, 2015, 04:44:46 am
Didn't know JC was moving up

Them and Gurdon both if I heard correctly. I was told Mt. Pine would move into the 7 to take Gurdon's spot.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2015, 12:46:27 pm
Whoever wins the title better enjoy it, because I'm fairly certain the Dragons restore order in 2016.

Won't bother us peons one bit.   ;D

Hawgeye

Quote from: Jaybo on November 21, 2015, 12:50:28 pm

Them and Gurdon both if I heard correctly. I was told Mt. Pine would move into the 7 to take Gurdon's spot.

Junction City leaves the 8-2A and joins the 6-3A. Camden Harmony Grove leaves the 6-3A and joins the 8-2A.

Jaybo

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 21, 2015, 12:52:17 pm
Quote from: Jaybo on November 21, 2015, 12:50:28 pm

Junction City leaves the 8-2A and joins the 6-3A. Camden Harmony Grove leaves the 6-3A and joins the 8-2A.

If JC would have left the 8-2A after the last 3 years, I would've assumed they would move up into the Sun Belt. ;)

nightowl

Excellent good job by the Eagles they now join the select few that can say they beat JC

dragondad

It's been a great run in the 8-2A, I'm excited to see what the future holds. Maybe in a couple years we can come back and keep you guys company again. To the supporters and fans, thank you!   To the haters, keep doing what you do best. Good luck to all of the teams still standing and those that have moved on.

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on November 21, 2015, 07:24:04 am
Dang worm they won three years straight, give someone else a chance! 😂😂

I remember an old turkey I hunted for 2 or 3 years a few years ago. He would drive me crazy thinking about how to kill him. Finally one morning I got lucky and was where he wanted to be. I almost cried after I shot him. Kind of the same deal here. Everyone has been chasing JC. And like that old gobbler that whipped my tale day after day, he finally made a mistake. In the words of uncle Ted "the beast is dead, long live the beast". And I'm am truly serious when I say this: you guys will be missed terrorizing us on these ole 2A boards. Go tear the 3a up, dragons!!

Blue

Hornet4ever

Junction City will hold their own in 3A. Good luck to the Dragons, nobody should hang their head from that program. One heck of a program down there, last 3 years has been magical for sure.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2015, 12:46:27 pm
Whoever wins it doesn't have to worry about JC, they go to 3 A next year

dragondad

Junction City running back Carderick "C.J." Johnson set a new single game rushing record Friday against Conway Christian. Johnson rushed 26 times for 392 yards and scored 4 touchdowns. Vince Holyfield held the previous record with 331 yards rushing against Bernice in 1981.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/border-town-legends/johnson-sets-new-single-game-rushing-record/706868009443507/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=like

Lions84

I am stunned I been off this week and did not get on to look till today.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas