• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian at Junction City - Playoffs Rnd 2

Started by dragondad, November 15, 2015, 11:48:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

Should be a great game, I expect JC defense to show out again this week.

mr.gametime

This could be one of them games. ...where a teams style of play could keep the game close and possibly pull off the upset....even tho Junction city is the better team

Cheek

If CC was full strength they would have a chance.  CC is missing their best RB and Lineman.

thabeast428

Ha jc starting qb is out but Lowe is looking good and they don't play their best rb imo, but I'm not the coach lol Nthn against Cj but I think Davis and McClelland should get more carries

Lions84

WPWells

bigworm

I dont see CC pulling this one out. I think it will be a decent game but the JC defense will prove too stout.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: thabeast428 on November 15, 2015, 02:46:38 pm
Ha jc starting qb is out but Lowe is looking good and they don't play their best rb imo, but I'm not the coach lol Nthn against Cj but I think Davis and McClelland should get more carries

Johnson is a good back, he has made improvements since early season...

gatecrasher

No way CC beats JC.
I have seen this team play. They're fine until they go up against physical and athletic teams.

Wilson

Is Smith done?. . what kind of injury is he dealing with?

thabeast428

I didn't mean to sound like Johnson doesn't deserve the most carriers ur right he has improved but I feel Davis and McClelland should get more carries than they get, and heard smith had a concussion from the Woodlawn game and was done for the season

Hornet4ever

Quote from: thabeast428 on November 15, 2015, 11:43:30 pm
I didn't mean to sound like Johnson doesn't deserve the most carriers ur right he has improved but I feel Davis and McClelland should get more carries than they get, and heard smith had a concussion from the Woodlawn game and was done for the season

Blake and Jalen are good athletes too, I was just saying Johnson has improved too. 3 good athletes on a good team.

whoknows

dragondad

CJ's lack of yardage at the beginning of season was mostly due to poor lead blocking and inexperienced O-line. I think he's at about 900 so far this season.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Cheek on November 15, 2015, 02:21:35 pm
If CC was full strength they would have a chance.  CC is missing their best RB and Lineman.
CC's RB played against Dierks.  He didn't look full speed and he took some hits Friday night.  But he did play.  If JC gets after the QB like Dierks did, they will win going away.  JC's offense has to put points up when the defense does their job.  That's what killed the Outlaws in Conway this past Friday night.

thabeast428

November 16, 2015, 11:13:04 am #15 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:14:49 am by thabeast428
Cj is a good back just needs to cut up field more instead of trying to get to the outside every time but ur right the offensive line has been great lately and our D steps it up when needed to. I believe we're almost a totally different team than beginning of yr and expect to be in little rock the 11th but never kno. Just take it one game at a time and if we don't make it then it's round ball time and we should have a good boys and girls team this yr

bleudog

Conway Christian at JUNCTION CITY (13): Air Junction keeps chunkin' despite losing senior QB Will Smith to a concussion. Not exactly, but junior QB Joe Lowe completed three passes two weeks ago in the regular-season finale. Last week he connected on seven of 12 passes, including two for TDs in a 48-0 rout of J.C. Westside. Junior RB C.J. Johnson topped 100 rushing yards the past two weeks. No. 2 Junction City is 8-0 since losing Week 2 at No. 1 Rison 15-14 and Week 3 at Haynesville, La. 33-20. The Dragons own a 16-game postseason win streak. They are 36-4 all-time in home playoff games. In contrast, Conway Christian owns three postseason wins in eight years of varsity football after defeating Dierks 28-8 last week. Senior QB Jakob Henry completed 19 of 31 passes for 240 yards and three TDs, two to junior receiver Seth Smith and one to senior wideout Jon Mark Wood. Conway Christian allowed 149 yards on 17 carries to Dierks senior RB Trendin McKinney. Junction City's defense allows 66 passing yards per game.

http://www.hootens.com/class-2a-week-12-2015_5764_ct.aspx

Hornet4ever

Quote from: whoknows on November 16, 2015, 02:29:30 am
I think JC wins pretty easy...

I agree, I may be wrong but I'm not very impressed with CC. Their QB is athletic though.

whoknows

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 16, 2015, 09:56:52 pm
Quote from: whoknows on November 16, 2015, 02:29:30 am
I think JC wins pretty easy...

I agree, I may be wrong but I'm not very impressed with CC. Their QB is athletic though.

If their QB doesn't get pressured...he is decent...if you bother him he freaks out and intentionally grounds the ball or makes very bad throws...he is really bad about intentionally grounding the ball...

jonnyZ

Isn't this kid top 5 in the state in passing yds?  Sounds like sour grapes from the Dierks faithful to me.  I'm not sure JC has faced a passing offense like CC this year.  I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

cuz

Quote from: jonnyZ on November 17, 2015, 08:30:56 am
Isn't this kid top 5 in the state in passing yds?  Sounds like sour grapes from the Dierks faithful to me.  I'm not sure JC has faced a passing offense like CC this year.  I'll be interested to see how this plays out.
On the other hand I doubt Cc has played D like JC either.....

Hollerboy79

I feel like Junction can win this one by as much as they want.

BLUEBLOOD

I'm in the "Dierks faithful" and its not sour grapes.  They beat us on the field.  I haven't seen a single Dierks fan say differently.  But the QB doesn't handle pressure very well.  He throws a great ball when he has time.  And he got 3 or 4 intentional grounding calls (one in the end zone for a safety!).

Don't mistake our analysis for sour grapes.  CC beat Dierks fair & square.  Dierks defense played well and the QB threw some good balls in tight windows where only his receivers could catch it (and they did).  I, along with others, feel that JC will be too much for CC.

NO SOUR GRAPES IN DIERKS.......JUST BASKETBALL SEASON!!!

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 15, 2015, 11:03:09 pm
No way CC beats JC.
I have seen this team play. They're fine until they go up against physical and athletic teams.
I guess you missed last game when CC throttled a stout Dierks defense

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 10:07:57 am
No way CC beats JC.

Not sure about Gatecrasher, but I was at the game.  I saw a Dierks defense that played their tails off and saw several CC players limping off the field and getting up slowly.  But when the defense ran out of gas, CC pulled away.  Kudos to CC for the win but they didn't dominate the Dierks defense. 

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: BLUEBLOOD on November 17, 2015, 10:16:19 am
No way CC beats JC.

Not sure about Gatecrasher, but I was at the game.  I saw a Dierks defense that played their tails off and saw several CC players limping off the field and getting up slowly.  But when the defense ran out of gas, CC pulled away.  Kudos to CC for the win but they didn't dominate the Dierks defense.

CC definitely dominated on the defensive side of the ball. 6 turnovers speaks for itself. However, CC was certainly in drivers seat throughout the entire game. Defense definitely shut down a much more physical Dierks front.

Hollerboy79

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 10:54:37 am
No way CC beats JC.

CC definitely dominated on the defensive side of the ball. 6 turnovers speaks for itself. However, CC was certainly in drivers seat throughout the entire game. Defense definitely shut down a much more physical Dierks front.
So 14-8 with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter is "Certainly in the drivers seat throughout the entire game?''
Dierks was a play away from leaving Conway with an upset. Your team is good, but not a dominant team. Just like Blueblood said, once Dierks' defense got tired, Conway made the plays it needed to make to win.

Hollerboy79

Quote from: Hollerboy79 on November 17, 2015, 11:02:34 am
No way CC beats JC.

So 14-8 with 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter is "Certainly in the drivers seat throughout the entire game?''
Dierks was a play away from leaving Conway with an upset. Your team is good, but not a dominant team. Just like Blueblood said, once Dierks' defense got tired, Conway made the plays it needed to make to win.
Like I said, JC wins this one by as much as they want.

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: Hollerboy79 on November 17, 2015, 11:03:54 am
No way CC beats JC.

Very true, they were one play away. However, CC defense was in control and found a way to cause turnovers to never allow them the chance to make that play. Defintely not trying to say CC dominated the game, rather, just stating the fact that CC defense was in control and didnt allow Dierks to make that play to change the game.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 11:13:11 am
Quote from: Hollerboy79 on November 17, 2015, 11:03:54 am
No way CC beats JC.

Very true, they were one play away. However, CC defense was in control and found a way to cause turnovers to never allow them the chance to make that play. Defintely not trying to say CC dominated the game, rather, just stating the fact that CC defense was in control and didnt allow Dierks to make that play to change the game.

"throttled" is a very strong term.  I interpreted it to mean that CC just blew Dierks' doors off.  Sorry if that wasn't your intended meaning.  I felt like the game was in flux midway through the 3rd quarter.  Then Dierks offense went "pass heavy" and CC defense got them off the field.  A tired Dierks defense just ran out of gas and CC put a couple insurance TD's on the board.  Good luck to CC in south Arkansas this Friday.

bleudog

November 17, 2015, 02:47:08 pm #30 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:51:01 pm by bleudog

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 08:37:04 am

Hey cuz, I thought folks stopped using the JC-can't-play-defense-against-passing-teams argument after the quarter final win at Harding Academy in 2005.  ::)

GusBrown

Congrats to Shaq Hunter for being All-GAC Honorable mention as a DB at OBU. Wasn't he the guy who threw the Hail Mary vs Bearden to win state?

JC Guy

Quote from: GusBrown on November 17, 2015, 03:24:47 pm
Congrats to Shaq Hunter for being All-GAC Honorable mention as a DB at OBU. Wasn't he the guy who threw the Hail Mary vs Bearden to win state?
Yep!

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on November 17, 2015, 02:47:08 pm

Hey cuz, I thought folks stopped using the JC-can't-play-defense-against-passing-teams argument after the quarter final win at Harding Academy in 2005.  ::)

Dragons allowing only 60 yds passing per game.

GusBrown

Quote from: JC Guy on November 17, 2015, 03:29:26 pm
Quote from: GusBrown on November 17, 2015, 03:24:47 pm
Yep!
Cool, always nice to see 2A guys making noise at the next level.

cuz

November 17, 2015, 05:40:37 pm #35 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:42:12 pm by cuz
Quote from: dragondad on November 17, 2015, 04:10:35 pm

Bleu these boys just forget occasionly but it they look at the games played this year
I do believe JC would have the most Goose eggs on defense...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 05:40:37 pm

Bleu these boys just forget occasionly but it they look at the games played this year

Get out of here....didn't you get the memo, the king of 2a is dead and sux....

groundgame

Good luck CC. Your going to see more speed (quickness) than you've seen all year.

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2015, 05:44:24 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 05:40:37 pm

Get out of here....didn't you get the memo, the king of 2a is dead and sux....
HF you know I'm a big fan of a old saying that History repeats itself. In 2009 JC started the season ranked no.1, then lost to Bearden in the regular season 12-14
On a two pt conversion. They then run through the playoffs destroying everyone in their way. Game day WMS Bearden against JC, the games won 24-10 in JC's favor. Rison beats JC 15-14 this year, you see where I'm going..... ;D

HorseFeathers

I like that....2010 should repeat it self this year

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2015, 06:06:28 pm
Nope we won't play Rison in the Quarters like we did Bearden.... ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 06:08:19 pm

Hackett takes Care of y'all ala, eanvile did bearden and there we go haha

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2015, 06:09:19 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 06:08:19 pm

Hackett takes Care of y'all ala, eanvile did bearden and there we go haha
Dont think that will happen, think they'll have their hands full this Friday........lol

gatecrasher

No way CC beats JC.
Dierks is not Junction City. Nowhere close.
Get ready to get basketballs handed out to y'all on Fri night.

dragondad

November 17, 2015, 10:25:10 pm #44 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:28:27 am by dragondad
Dragons are scoring 29 pts and allowing 9 pts per game so I guess, theoretically, there's a chance for anyone we play......a chance to lose or a chance to win.

nightowl

I looking for the upset of the year to happen at this game  CC Wins this one by 3

bigworm

Quote from: nightowl on November 18, 2015, 05:04:17 am
I looking for the upset of the year to happen at this game  CC Wins this one by 3

the upset of the year has already happened. MC over Earle. but this would be close.

amehr36

Bagheera

Rooting for CC to pull off the second biggest upset of the year  ;)  Good luck Eagles!

dragondad

Game Day!!   Praying for safe travel for the Eagles and their fans.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas