• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen @ Cross County

Started by playmaker04, November 14, 2015, 11:13:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

From the Press box and 5 people including 2 that were neutral said it was shoulder pad to chest. But anyway the game is getting to where you can't hit anybody anymore. Davis ran one inside and got drilled helmet to helmet as he was going down and no call. They need to be more consistent if they gonna call helmet to helmet.

playmaker04

Paper said Davis 27- 211,Penn 24-186 and the QB Ingle 13-113. He was what won the game for Hazen and time of possession. I be t Hazen had it 30 of the 48 minutes.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Outloud on November 21, 2015, 06:00:17 am
The hit was as close to helmet to helmet as you can get. From the view the officials had it probably did look like that. And no the reciever hadnt caught and was turning to run when he got hit. But it was a well timed hit and i, too am surprised he hung on to ball. Very well played game on both sides, both teams played their hearts out and left nothing to be ashamed about!!
He caught the ball with his back almost to the defender. Hit the ground, turned and was hit. There were at least 5 of these same hits last year when EPC played Hazen. Not a one was called. Too my knowledge this was at least in place last year. This is the first time I've seen it called this year as well.

bdubyab60

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 21, 2015, 12:20:24 am
It was definitely helmet to helmet. I was right on the fence with a clear view! But these new rules are too much IMO. Hard hits are a part of the game. I say get used to it or go play soccer or tennis!
And if you were on the fence you were behind the defender. Who put his shoulder in to the chest. The helmet contact came because of the hard impact not because he led with the helmet.

bdubyab60

The penalty made no difference in the game though. My point is, if they are going to call it, then it needs to be consistent across the board. I've seen a few games this year with the same type of hits and as I said that is the first flag I've seen for it.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2015, 08:36:46 am
Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on November 21, 2015, 12:20:24 am
It was definitely helmet to helmet. I was right on the fence with a clear view! But these new rules are too much IMO. Hard hits are a part of the game. I say get used to it or go play soccer or tennis!
And if you were on the fence you were behind the defender. Who put his shoulder in to the chest. The helmet contact came because of the hard impact not because he led with the helmet.
He had both feet planted when he caught to ball. It hit him right in the stomach, so he didn't jump for it and the defender was at least 10 yards from him when he caught it, albeit in full stride. The receiver was turning on one foot when he was hit, so he was kinda off balance, which made it look worse than it actually was.  Still a hard lick though. The ref that made that call was on the opposite side from the defender so all that he saw was the receiver flipping after a loud pop. This was wide open field so there was more than one ref with eyes on that play, but the one that made the call, though closer, was in the worst spot to actually see it.

Old Scrapper

I was in the end zone and CC defender was not 10 yards away when he caught the ball, it looked helmet to helmet, if it wasn't it was close, I know CC fans see it different than we do. Ref had to make a judgment call that worked out in Hazens favor! Did you notice all the flags except for that call came from the line judge on CC side, your coach was working him over.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 21, 2015, 09:27:07 am
I was in the end zone and CC defender was not 10 yards away when he caught the ball, it looked helmet to helmet, if it wasn't it was close, I know CC fans see it different than we do. Ref had to make a judgment call that worked out in Hazens favor! Did you notice all the flags except for that call came from the line judge on CC side, your coach was working him over.
this was supposed to be unbiased.  I have been following football for over 40 years,  yeah I'm that old, I saw a penalty called for something that I've never saw before so wondered the reason.  It almost looked like a hit after a fair catch call. I take that back, it looked just like a hit after a fair catch.  Made me wonder if the ref's head was in the right place. 

Outloud

As long as we talking about flags, what about the defensive holding on hazen AFTER they stopped cross county for the big lost near the end if the game??? Glad that swarm-d held on though!!!!

bdubyab60

All I saw was the flag come out. Was looking at the play going on. I did wonder about the enforcement though. If that's holding during the play doesn't it go from the line of scrimmage? Basically CC got to replay the down on that one.

Old Scrapper

I just want to congratulate Coach B, as much crap as we give you at times, Son you called a great game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas