• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Rison - Round 2

Started by GTown, November 13, 2015, 10:51:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaybo

Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game. Keep your heads up Devils. Nothing to be upset about in a battle like that one. Good luck to Rison the rest of the way.

footballfan1998

November 20, 2015, 10:06:31 pm #51 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 10:28:14 pm by footballfan1998
Good game tonight!!! Proud of the Wildcats!! #3 is a really good player but ran his mouth a little much.  And what was really something was when it was announced for the church bus which was from Gurdon was asked to be moved their fans yelled "ya'll move it".  Now that's class!! lol.  Oh and while we were praying after the game, their band busted out in a song.  Otherwise, good sports  :)

Live to play another week!! Go Cats Go!!!!!!!!!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: footballfan1998 on November 20, 2015, 10:06:31 pm
Good game tonight!!! Proud of the Wildcats!! #3 is a really good player but ran his mouth a little much.  And what was really something was when it was announced for the church bus which was from Gurdon was asked to be moved their fans yelled "ya'll move it".  Now that's class!! lol.  Otherwise, good sports  :)

Looks like next week in Rison will be the two teams that survived and advanced this week

wildcat4life

So proud of those wildcats!  They dug deep in the 4th to win!  Congratulations to Gurdon for a great season.  Bryson Marks had an outstanding games as did Seth Crouse.  In the 4th quarter, they ALL had a great game!  Looking forward to Hector next week! 

G-HIGH

November 20, 2015, 11:45:48 pm #54 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:48:13 pm by G-HIGH
Good game tonight!!! Proud of the Wildcats!! #3 is a really good player but ran his mouth a little much.  And what was really something was when it was announced for the church bus which was from Gurdon was asked to be moved their fans yelled "ya'll move it".  Now that's class!! lol.  Oh and while we were praying after the game, their band busted out in a song.  Otherwise, good sports  :)

Goes both ways. Heckling teenage boys on their way off the field right after pre game stretch and saying real immature stuff to the band at halftime along with standing under visitor bleachers talking trash to adults.

Oh .. We always play the alma mater after a game and were playing it before y'all were praying. How about teaching kids to take a knee when a player is injured?

And if Gurdon fans yelled Y'all move it and you heard it, maybe it was you under the bleachers because I thought y'all were so loud and rowdy you drowned out everybody.

I got on here to congratulate a real tough Rison team and find a fan from the WINNING side putting down a player and visiting fans. Makes it hard to do so, but congratulations nonetheless.

Good luck because after tonight I see y'all are going to need it. If we ran on y'all like that and y'all have to face Mt. Ida ... On a neutral field at WMS ... game over.

The_Devils_Advocate

A Rison fan questioning class. Now that's a hoot.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: G-HIGH on November 20, 2015, 11:45:48 pm

Goes both ways. Heckling teenage boys on their way off the field right after pre game stretch and saying real immature stuff to the band at halftime along with standing under visitor bleachers talking trash to adults.

Oh .. We always play the alma mater after a game and were playing it before y'all were praying. How about teaching kids to take a knee when a player is injured?

And if Gurdon fans yelled Y'all move it and you heard it, maybe it was you under the bleachers because I thought y'all were so loud and rowdy you drowned out everybody.

I got on here to congratulate a real tough Rison team and find a fan from the WINNING side putting down a player and visiting fans. Makes it hard to do so, but congratulations nonetheless.

Good luck because after tonight I see y'all are going to need it. If we ran on y'all like that and y'all have to face Mt. Ida ... On a neutral field at WMS ... game over.

If they can't stop the run, they won't make it to w.m.s. if they have to play des arc.

The Bear

Congrats to Gurdon on a hard fought game . Wish yall could have pulled it out . Coach Jackson is a top of the line coach . And to Rison well, your fairy tale season will end shortly .

G-HIGH

Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 12:49:26 am
Congrats to Gurdon on a hard fought game . Wish yall could have pulled it out . Coach Jackson is a top of the line coach . And to Rison well, your fairy tale season will end shortly .
Agreed
The weaknesses were on display tonight. Thanks Bear for the compliments on Coach J and my Devils.
Now take McCrory OUT!!!!!!!!!

wildcat_x-mgr

Oh .. We always play the alma mater after a game and were playing it before y'all were praying.

It was before the prayer started, but I'd be surprised if any fans in the post-game huddle could hear the last part of Coach Totty's words to his players.

Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on November 21, 2015, 12:37:18 am

Well, long as you're not generalizing or anything... Glad you're too mature for anything that childish.

Mohawk 54

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 03:21:20 am

Oh .. We always play the alma mater after a game and were playing it before y'all were praying.

It was before the prayer started, but I'd be surprised if any fans in the post-game huddle could hear the last part of Coach Totty's words to his players.

Maybe Coach Totty should have move the post -game huddle away from the bench on the visitor's side of the field.

Well, long as you're not generalizing or anything... Glad you're too mature for anything that childish.

I will generalizing, cussing kids as they come off the field, standing on the field in the end zone cussing kids. Thought the Rison program would have some class but I guess I was wrong. 

footballfan1998

Call it a fairy tale season and it will soon end.  Call it whatever you want.  We will be playing next week period.  Weakness might have been exposed.  Same weakness that was exposed against Hermitage but guess what.  We won that game too.  Fairy tale season maybe to you but around here we call it tradition  ;D   ;D  Roll Cats Roll!!

The Bear

No offense but what yall have is not tradition . Just a lucky streak . You'll be knocked off your hi horse before to long

Mohawk 54

Never said Rison does not have tradition, but not much class. For years most people get on here and talk about how low class Gurdon is,Never heard or seen fans from here cuss kids, win or loss, much less before the game ever started.

tacklethis...

Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 08:25:15 am
No offense but what yall have is not tradition . Just a lucky streak . You'll be knocked off your hi horse before to long

So Rison doesn't have tradition? Just lucky? If Rison doesn't have tradition name a program that does.

The Bear

WonderWartHawg

Not trying to be cocky or anything... but this kind of season is more a normal kind than a 'fairy tale' season.
I know that sounds a little brash, but it's true.
8 state championships, a couple or more championship game appearances,  30 something conference championships (I think), so it's not like it's something new for Rison to be where they are.

footballfan1998

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 21, 2015, 11:25:57 am

Not trying to be cocky or anything... but this kind of season is more a normal kind than a 'fairy tale' season.
I know that sounds a little brash, but it's true.
8 state championships, a couple or more championship game appearances,  30 something conference championships (I think), so it's not like it's something new for Rison to be where they are.

Finally, someone with some sense!!  The numbers speak for themselves.  Haters gonna hate.

tacklethis...

#1wildcatfan

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on November 21, 2015, 07:48:34 am
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 03:21:20 am

Maybe Coach Totty should have move the post -game huddle away from the bench on the visitor's side of the field.

I will generalizing, cussing kids as they come off the field, standing on the field in the end zone cussing kids. Thought the Rison program would have some class but I guess I was wrong.
I was in the south end zone and yes we have a tendency to get a little rowdy but nobody was cussing the players down there, but with that being said some of the Gurdon boys wanted to cuss at our fans. Not to mention my child had some not very nice things said to him when he went to the concession stand by some grown Gurdon fans and he's only 8. I'm not saying all Rison fans are perfect but maybe you should look at your own before you start pointing fingers.

wildcat4life

I can assure you that Rison fans were not cursing the players.  I was at the gate by the End Zone when Gurdon players were coming off the field an overheard, SEVERAL of our fans saying good game, congratulations on your season, get your heads up guys, way to play and several other well wishes.  I am the first one to say that our fans are tough and rowdy, but we are also classy fans!  You can be both!  We support our boys!  I can say that there were young men from other schools in attendance and they sat in the End Zone, could have been them, but our fans were polite.  As far was Gurdon playing their Alma Mater.  The ONLY thing that was rude about that was the timing.  I feel like the band director could have waited another 45 seconds to allow us to finish our prayer.  Lots of opponents play their Alma Mater at the end, but never in the midst of our prayer.  We are not gonna lose sleep over it and we sincerely meant it when we said good game, because you all DID play an excellent game and it could have gone either way!  Just glad it went our way! 

G-HIGH

Quote from: wildcat4life on November 21, 2015, 12:58:43 pm
I can assure you that Rison fans were not cursing the players.  I was at the gate by the End Zone when Gurdon players were coming off the field an overheard, SEVERAL of our fans saying good game, congratulations on your season, get your heads up guys, way to play and several other well wishes.  I am the first one to say that our fans are tough and rowdy, but we are also classy fans!  You can be both!  We support our boys!  I can say that there were young men from other schools in attendance and they sat in the End Zone, could have been them, but our fans were polite.  As far was Gurdon playing their Alma Mater.  The ONLY thing that was rude about that was the timing.  I feel like the band director could have waited another 45 seconds to allow us to finish our prayer.  Lots of opponents play their Alma Mater at the end, but never in the midst of our prayer.  We are not gonna lose sleep over it and we sincerely meant it when we said good game, because you all DID play an excellent game and it could have gone either way!  Just glad it went our way!
And I can assure you the cussing occurred before the game not after.

wildcat_x-mgr

I don't sit in either endzone, I sit in the home bleachers near the forty-yard line, so I guess I'll just have to take your word for it that it happens. Honestly, as big a turn-out as we tend to have, sure I'll believe that there are a few bad apples. Can any fan base seriously claim to be pure and perfect? I doubt it. But the Rison fans about who brought up Gurdon's bad mouthing and such wasn't generalizing, they were talking about specific instances during the game. Acting like everyone from Rison (or any other program) are the same is foolish and immature, period.

And someone said we don't have tradition, but Junction City does. I think it's cool how Junction City has really come along the past ten years or so, but is that how far back you looked to make that claim? As was mentioned already, we do have more state titles than they do (eight, to their six) but ours also go back WAY farther, we actually had seven already before they got their first. ;D Again, I love what they've built lately, but seriously, come on...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 02:51:10 pm
I don't sit in either endzone, I sit in the home bleachers near the forty-yard line, so I guess I'll just have to take your word for it that it happens. Honestly, as big a turn-out as we tend to have, sure I'll believe that there are a few bad apples. Can any fan base seriously claim to be pure and perfect? I doubt it. But the Rison fans about who brought up Gurdon's bad mouthing and such wasn't generalizing, they were talking about specific instances during the game. Acting like everyone from Rison (or any other program) are the same is foolish and immature, period.

And someone said we don't have tradition, but Junction City does. I think it's cool how Junction City has really come along the past ten years or so, but is that how far back you looked to make that claim? As was mentioned already, we do have more state titles than they do (eight, to their six) but ours also go back WAY farther, we actually had seven already before they got their first. ;D Again, I love what they've built lately, but seriously, come on...

To me....going to rison and beating them after thanksgiving, might be the biggest win for hector in their program, if they pull it off (and yes hector did play for a title 20 years, and got lit up like a Christmas tree by Shiloh christin)

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2015, 05:07:03 pm
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 21, 2015, 02:51:10 pm

To me....going to rison and beating them after thanksgiving, might be the biggest win for hector in their program, if they pull it off (and yes hector did play for a title 20 years, and got lit up like a Christmas tree by Shiloh christin)

You may be right. If it does happen, your boys will have my congratulations, but I'm still hoping it's ours that I'm congratulating for the next few weeks!

godevilmom

November 24, 2015, 07:46:58 pm #75 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:30:14 am by godevilmom

If our band knew they were praying they would not have played. And they moved the van without complaint! I'm so sick of people putting Gurdon fans down. In case you were not aware after we played Lafayette county my boys joined hands with the opposing team they just played and prayed together, that is class and respect. So you can say what you want but my boys show respect to their oppents on and off the field! 

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 21, 2015, 11:52:19 am
Quote from: The Bear on November 21, 2015, 10:47:09 am
Junction City

Rison has more state championships...

Another side note... this coming game against Hector will be Rison's 100th playoff game.  Record is something like 68-31 (or maybe its 61-38.)  Yet, it's a 'fairy tale season', and we don't have any tradition.

Hornet4ever

Whoever said Rison doesn't have tradition is clueless

tacklethis...

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 25, 2015, 11:01:03 am

A real smart bear from Mt Ida said that. Probably a 13 year old.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 25, 2015, 11:45:28 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 25, 2015, 11:01:03 am

A real smart bear from Mt Ida said that. Probably a 13 year old.

Probably doesn't know who Rison is

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas