• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon @ Rison - Round 2

Started by GTown, November 13, 2015, 10:51:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GTown

Well, I'll make the thread. And will now go hibernate until next September. If this was a boxing match, I would say Gurdon has a punchers chance. If Gurdon doesn't catch them slipping this will be a 40ish to high teen score. If Gurdon smells bloods in the water early, watch out.

HorseFeathers

Go gurdon....just cause you'd come to hector in third round

flow51

Congrats to Gurdon for making it to the second round. Unfortunately this is as far as you will go AGAIN. I think the go-Devils are use to that though.  :-\

Hornet4ever

Quote from: flow51 on November 14, 2015, 08:53:08 pm
Congrats to Gurdon for making it to the second round. Unfortunately this is as far as you will go AGAIN. I think the go-Devils are use to that though.  :-\

Ouch

FootballDude02

HorseFeathers

FootballDude02

Quote from: HF on November 14, 2015, 09:26:52 pm
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 14, 2015, 09:14:43 pm
Quote from: HF on November 13, 2015, 11:58:04 pm
:o :o

Not looking ahead....just planning 8)
Lol! You can make plans to spend money you don't habe, but until the check arrives, they are just plans lol....

lionfan59

I'm calling it. GURDON WINS!!!!!

Dr. Defense

I heard Gurdon had several starters out Vs. Quitman? I was wondering if there was any truth to this and if they would be back this week?

GusBrown

Quote from: HF on November 13, 2015, 11:58:04 pm
Gurdon would happily make that trip for a 3rd round game.

GusBrown

Whitson has thrown it well the last 2 games after a collapse vs Mt. Ida. Gurdon will have to be balanced on offense. Will need at least 150 yds passing and at least one big play in the passing game. Hopefully that combined with Harvell playing a great game will give them a chance to win. Also going to have to man up on defense (especially D-Line), and not let Rison control the flow of the game.

GTown

Gurdon is due. We'll see how it plays out.

Cheek

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: GusBrown on November 16, 2015, 02:39:10 pm
Whitson has thrown it well the last 2 games after a collapse vs Mt. Ida. Gurdon will have to be balanced on offense. Will need at least 150 yds passing and at least one big play in the passing game. Hopefully that combined with Harvell playing a great game will give them a chance to win. Also going to have to man up on defense (especially D-Line), and not let Rison control the flow of the game.
That was against Foreman and Quitman, Rison big! 42-20

MR#1

cuz

Rison rolls to the next round....

playmaker04

Lions84

Wildcats send Go Devils packing !

Cheek

Rison should struggle in this game.  Rison had trouble with Monte Thomas and their passing game.   Gurdon  has Harville who is faster than Thomas and Gurdon has a QB who can throw the ball.  The difference is Gurdon has a defense when Hermitage didn't.   I am still going with the upset.  Gurdon by 8.

isu-152

November 17, 2015, 02:39:33 pm #19 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:41:45 pm by isu-152
cheek-
Rison should struggle in this game.  Rison had trouble with Monte Thomas and their passing game.   Gurdon  has Harville who is faster than Thomas and Gurdon has a QB who can throw the ball.  The difference is Gurdon has a defense when Hermitage didn't.   I am still going with the upset.  Gurdon by 8.

Rison's Defense is much better than you give credit for.
Plus...
The Best defense is a solid ball control offense...

Cheek

Quote from: isu-152 on November 17, 2015, 02:39:33 pm
cheek-

Plus...

My post was based on fact.  If they had a great defense, how did Hermitage with no line score so many points.  I am waiting for this answer.

isu-152

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:46:21 pm
cheek-

Plus...

My post was based on fact.  If they had a great defense, how did Hermitage with no line score so many points.  I am waiting for this answer.

Here are some missing facts...

you have to judge where Rison's defense is now compared to then.

Rison is better...much better

And Rison's Ball Control offense will not give your offense very many possessions.

Harville is good.....

but I doubt he is going to get as many offensive touches as Thomas did.

and even if it is becomes a track meet...

Rison can score with the best of them.

Cheek

How did Rison's defense get that much better in 4 or 5 weeks.  Who do they have now that they didn't have than.

GusBrown

November 17, 2015, 05:00:05 pm #23 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:18:43 pm by GusBrown
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 17, 2015, 04:39:44 am
Quote from: GusBrown on November 16, 2015, 02:39:10 pm
That was against Foreman and Quitman, Rison big! 42-20
He's 15-20 for 358 yds and 6 TDs in the last 2 games. I didn't say he had to be that good, but just have enough balance to give the run game some space to work with. Rison will be very hard to beat at their stadium, but if Whitson gets some thing going through the air, Harvell will be that much more dangerous.

footballfan1998

Quote from: isu-152 on November 17, 2015, 02:56:11 pm
Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:46:21 pm
cheek-

Plus...

Here are some missing facts...

you have to judge where Rison's defense is now compared to then.

Rison is better...much better

And Rison's Ball Control offense will not give your offense very many possessions.

Harville is good.....

but I doubt he is going to get as many offensive touches as Thomas did.

and even if it is becomes a track meet...

Rison can score with the best of them.

AGREED

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:32:08 pm
Didnt rison run up 50 points in a qtr on hermitage?

cuz

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2015, 06:03:04 pm
Yep and Thomas scored on the 2nd stringers who played most of the game. No disrespect Hermitage y'all had a great year....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 06:06:29 pm
Yep and Thomas scored on the 2nd stringers who played most of the game. No disrespect Hermitage y'all had a great year....

I thought that score was a typo when I seen the 50something to 0 in first quarter...

isu-152

Quote from: HF on November 17, 2015, 06:15:11 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 17, 2015, 06:06:29 pm

I thought that score was a typo when I seen the 50something to 0 in first quarter...

Rison respects Gurdon and their great athletes.

But they are chomping at the bit to get the playoffs started. The Bye week preparation has been intense with the team seeking to improve areas of concern.

The players are reporting focused practices and are excited about their opportunity Friday night.

GO CATS

clwrinkle

Good luck to my Gurdon Go-Devils!!   Bring home a win!! 

flow51

Quote from: Dr. Defense on November 16, 2015, 02:03:04 pm
I heard Gurdon had several starters out Vs. Quitman? I was wondering if there was any truth to this and if they would be back this week?

Yes they will be back. Didn't play because they chose to skip practice. Kuddos to Coach Jackson for standing strong on that issue.

GTown

GusBrown

HALFTIME
Gurdon 7
Rison 6

Looks like we have a game on our hands

RunAndGun431

whoknows

whoknows

whoknows

If Gurdon can get a TD they can get the upset

NEark tigers

High drama in Rison, Cross County lost, JC hanging by a thread....upset brewing!

GusBrown

Another bad playoff draw for the 7. The 2 seed goes to the number 1 team in state in the second round, and the 3 seed eliminated playing the number 1 seed from the same conference. Ridiculous

WPWells

Quote from: GusBrown on November 20, 2015, 09:35:54 pm
Another bad playoff draw for the 7. The 2 seed goes to the number 1 team in state in the second round, and the 3 seed eliminated playing the number 1 seed from the same conference. Ridiculous

Wah

BrianfromCarlisle

The number one team in the state just beat Hackett

WPWells

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 20, 2015, 09:38:19 pm

I think it's obvious that the two best teams are England and McCrory with Mount Ida probably third

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 20, 2015, 09:38:52 pm

I think it's obvious that the two best teams are England and McCrory with Mount Ida probably third

I think you are forgetting des arc.

WPWells

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 20, 2015, 09:40:37 pm

I actually was. My mistake.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 20, 2015, 09:40:56 pm

No problem, the des arc England game is going to be HUGE!

WPWells

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 20, 2015, 09:42:05 pm

If Arkansas didn't have a home game, I'd probably come over for that one

tacklethis...

Really don't think so, Des Arc rolls....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 20, 2015, 09:43:27 pm

You might could catch both

WPWells

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 20, 2015, 09:46:35 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 20, 2015, 09:43:27 pm

You might could catch both

Not driving from Fayetteville to England

HorseFeathers

How's about we talk about the rison game here?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas