• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LC and MI...round 2

Started by nukinhawg, November 13, 2015, 10:44:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nukinhawg

Friends of MI... I am going to be coming down from Russellville to watch this game. Any recommendations on places to dine if I show up early?  Good luck to both, and GO COUGARS!

monster_island

El Diamante for Mexican food.

M.I. D

Mount Ida cafe, el diamanté, Jen's gourmet gallery is 5 miles east of town but good food.

M.I. D

Outta be a good playoff atmosphere friday night in Mount Ida it was pretty full tonight and I expect more people next week.

nukinhawg

Looking forward to it. The only game I went to last year was at Mt Ida. You guys had very supportive group.  Although I would like a different outcome, I hope the game is as competitive as last week down in Stamps.  Should be a great one.

The Bear

ThreadWatcher

M.I. D

I don't see a reason to smack talk. LC has a good team that had come on the last month. Mount Ida is 11-0 and the only close game they have had was to LC 2 weeks ago. It outta be a great playoff atmosphere in Mount Ida Friday night.

Blue

Quote from: nukinhawg on November 13, 2015, 10:44:44 pm
Friends of MI... I am going to be coming down from Russellville to watch this game. Any recommendations on places to dine if I show up early?  Good luck to both, and GO COUGARS!

Eat somewhere along the way. The dining options in Ida are pretty slim

imtie

LC pulls the edged win with a 54-52 shoot out! going to be a great game!!

cuz

This game will either be close or a blow out with MI taking the win...

HorseFeathers

One thing for sure...We'll find out if Week #10 was a fluke or not...

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: HF on November 14, 2015, 05:59:30 pm
One thing for sure...We'll find out if Week #10 was a fluke or not...

I like the way you are thinking!  ;)

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: M.I. D on November 14, 2015, 04:16:07 pm
I don't see a reason to smack talk. LC has a good team that had come on the last month. Mount Ida is 11-0 and the only close game they have had was to LC 2 weeks ago. It outta be a great playoff atmosphere in Mount Ida Friday night.
Quote from: M.I. D on November 13, 2015, 10:54:19 pm
Outta be a good playoff atmosphere friday night in Mount Ida it was pretty full tonight and I expect more people next week.

I think it's gonna be a good playoff atmosphere in Mt. Ida Friday night! Who else believes so?  ;D

M.I. D

I do !!!!! That's borderline stalker tho... Thanks for being my biggest fan.

The Bear

Sorry LC it will not be a close game . You'll see a MI team at home that will be rolling and there will be nothing you can do to stop it . We won't play bad against the same team twice

cuz

Quote from: The Bear on November 15, 2015, 08:15:04 am
Sorry LC it will not be a close game . You'll see a MI team at home that will be rolling and there will be nothing you can do to stop it . We won't play bad against the same team twice
Yes you will along with a little home cooking I'm sure.... ;D

FilmCrew

Quote from: cuz on November 15, 2015, 09:51:27 am

Yeah, we are the only team that AAA allows to use our own refs in the playoffs.

M.I. D

We will round up a crew from local businesses or hangouts. They will have to take off their maroon and white and find them a zebra outfit. In the playoffs the AAA assigns the crews LC and Mount Ida have no say in who the refs are Friday night. The crew that was here this week was pretty strict and called a couple things you rarely see in a high school game.

cuz

Quote from: M.I. D on November 15, 2015, 10:09:16 am
We will round up a crew from local businesses or hangouts. They will have to take off their maroon and white and find them a zebra outfit. In the playoffs the AAA assigns the crews LC and Mount Ida have no say in who the refs are Friday night. The crew that was here this week was pretty strict and called a couple things you rarely see in a high school game.
zj
Quote from: FilmCrew on November 15, 2015, 09:57:45 am
Quote from: cuz on November 15, 2015, 09:51:27 am

Yeah, we are the only team that AAA allows to use our own refs in the playoffs.
There's the passionate posters of Ida. Thought that might get y'all going. Lol
Good luck to both teams would love to see this game....

Hornet4ever

There's more home cooking at Mt. Ida then at a southern baptist Sunday dinner.

M.I. D

It sure tastes good too!!! You rarely get a big call as a road team no matter where ya go. I think we had 10 penalties to dierks 1 at dierks. We had more than LC at their place. Good teams find ways to win.

FootballDude02

Quote from: M.I. D on November 15, 2015, 11:58:52 am
It sure tastes good too!!! You rarely get a big call as a road team no matter where ya go. I think we had 10 penalties to dierks 1 at dierks. We had more than LC at their place. Good teams find ways to win.
When Brinkley came to MI last year first round, I don't recall too bad of calls made, except one...I know that tried to set a horrible atmosphere though lol. They were banging on Brinkleys dressing room door and talking trash through the field house door and blasting country music lol...boy was that fun. ;D....they only had 3 plays also...QB power sweep, fullback trap/dive, and tight end corner route...

Hornet4ever

I've never been there. I was just kidding! Haha

D23

Honestly LC played the best they have all year against Mount Ida and Mount Ida played the worst they have all year against LC and as we've seen in the past mount Ida is virtually unstoppable at home so I have mount Ida in this one

Cheek

It is tough to beat a good team twice.  LC by 7.

The Bear

Okay first of all . No one beat on brinkleys door and trashed talked them through the crack of the door . That's probably the dumbest thing I have ever ever heard . Mount Ida listens to country music because we are all country . LC will be thinking about basketball in one week while MI just says "who's next"

M.I. D

I was gonna say I DO NOT see Coach White allowing anyone to bang on doors or taunt anyone. Mount Ida is one of the few that lets their opponents dress in the jr high locker room in their field house. Lots of places put ya in a gym half mile away or under a shed. Mount Ida is a very good host to all their opponents.

FootballDude02

Quote from: M.I. D on November 15, 2015, 03:46:18 pm
I was gonna say I DO NOT see Coach White allowing anyone to bang on doors or taunt anyone. Mount Ida is one of the few that lets their opponents dress in the jr high locker room in their field house. Lots of places put ya in a gym half mile away or under a shed. Mount Ida is a very good host to all their opponents.
Well I really hate to disappoint your expectations of your program, but it happened...you can only figure what happens, but things happen sometimes contrary to what one thinks...my statements are not based on how I feel about MI nor what I think. It's different when you are there. Number 33, 12, and 70 were the ones doing the talking. I didn't say it was the team as a whole, but one or two kids can ruin it for everyone. Yes i know Yall are country, and i know yall listen to country music...but when you put the speakers against the door that separates the two locker rooms, and the coach has to come make them stop, that's different. There were some class act kids there, like number 5...had a great attitude. It's also true that most school put you in a gym, Brinkley is one of the ones that puts you in th junior high locker room. It's ok though, I understand...

M.I. D

Bear who was 70 and 12? I don't even remember having a 12 last year.

M.I. D

I still don't think anyone banged on doors . If ya don't like the music ya better bring your head phones.

FootballDude02

Quote from: M.I. D on November 15, 2015, 04:12:26 pm
I still don't think anyone banged on doors . If ya don't like the music ya better bring your head phones.
Quote from: M.I. D on November 15, 2015, 04:05:27 pm
Bear who was 70 and 12? I don't even remember having a 12 last year.

Hey, maybe it was some moved up junior high kids, but it happened...and we weren't worried about the music, we won by 3 scores...we like the "soggy bottom boys" too...man of constant sorrow lol..

The Bear

I hate to disappoint you but the speakers are in a stand in the weight room and never move there for they were not up against yalls "door" also buddy there was absolutely no #70 and #12 on our SR high team at any time last year . So please do not make up things . You could have at least picked two numbers we had .

FootballDude02

Quote from: The Bear on November 15, 2015, 04:29:38 pm
I hate to disappoint you but the speakers are in a stand in the weight room and never move there for they were not up against yalls "door" also buddy there was absolutely no #70 and #12 on our SR high team at any time last year . So please do not make up things . You could have at least picked two numbers we had .

Well the coach came down and made them move the speakers when Brinkleys managers had to come through to fill up the water in the back; You are merely a fan, but I appreciate your concern on the matter...and obviously you don't read well when I stated "maybe it was some moves up junior high kids"...either way, Brinkley won by 3 scores so it was VERY fun...

JC Guy

Well they must not have gotten the memo on that for all the regular season home games for JC this year. Them boys needed a tube of Bengay for the elbows after each game.

FilmCrew

Quote from: Cheek on November 15, 2015, 02:55:56 pm

I think in this case it would be hard to beat a REALLY GOOD team once.. :)

cuz

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 15, 2015, 07:36:53 pm
Quote from: Cheek on November 15, 2015, 02:55:56 pm

I think in this case it would be hard to beat a REALLY GOOD team once.. :)
The big Question, will be answered Friday Night....
Mt Ida 48 - 40 Lafayette County
    Fluke or not a Fluke

The Bear

Maybe you did not hear me I said " at no time was there a 70 or 12 on the roster for SR high team, " that includes 9th graders moving up . Nor did the coach make them move the speakers . Because the speakers are next to the big opening door the lions run out , and has never been moved . Been in same spot since 07 if you were curious. So please try to come up with something better to down grade mount Ida with .

FootballDude02

Quote from: The Bear on November 15, 2015, 09:32:33 pm
Maybe you did not hear me I said " at no time was there a 70 or 12 on the roster for SR high team, " that includes 9th graders moving up . Nor did the coach make them move the speakers . Because the speakers are next to the big opening door the lions run out , and has never been moved . Been in same spot since 07 if you were curious. So please try to come up with something better to down grade mount Ida with .
Well sir/madam, Im not asking you to speculate on what you feel happened...I'm TELLING you what happened...it's like someone listening to the news vs someone who was in the incident...lol!

HorseFeathers

I'll take fights over what happened last year for 1000, Alex

The Bear

Same here someone who was in the locker room , vs wherever the heck you were at .

FootballDude02

Quote from: HF on November 15, 2015, 09:44:50 pm
I'll take fights over what happened last year for 1000, Alex
Didn't they lose by 3 scores? I forgot...you're right. People kill me. To argue with an ignorant person makes me just that...hhmmph! Oh, and I sound like someone who was in the locker room  ;D

The Bear

FootballDude02

FootballDude02

As a matter of fact, didn't we put yall out in 2 sports, both of which were at your home field/court...smh. I like Yall though, especially you bear!  ;D

The Bear

You should I'm a funny bear .....

M.I. D

He's just a teddy bear.... 😜

The Bear

Unless they take my honey . Then it gets ugly ...

Hollerboy79

You had 9, Dierks had 3.

M.I. D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas