• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove @ Des Arc round 2

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, November 13, 2015, 10:17:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 10:46:38 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 10:42:12 am
Who is your team AwakeEarlyBird?

I dont support a specific team, just like to serve justice to the 5-2A.

What justice is that? Oh you must mean basketball,  since you are a newbie, you may not have noticed basketball has its own threads. ;D

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: green-eagle on November 17, 2015, 10:51:39 am
Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 10:46:38 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 10:42:12 am
Who is your team AwakeEarlyBird?

I dont support a specific team, just like to serve justice to the 5-2A.

he sound like a "scrapperHornet"! from the use of the computer, he lives within shouting range of the Childers corner........browngrove, maybe? or out on 86 toward Carlisle.....not a ricebird fan....

Like I said, i dont support a specific team, just support justice to the 5-2A. Wishing luck to Magnet Cove. Pick, dont count them out, MC will stunt and do very confusing things to shut down DA run offense.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

They will not shut down Des arc's running game, that I'm sure of. They may stop our passing attack  (I doubt that happens either), but we will be able to run the ball.

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 11:00:36 am
They will not shut down Des arc's running game, that I'm sure of. They may stop our passing attack  (I doubt that happens either), but we will be able to run the ball.

Efird is an a very good coach. Will have a confusing MC defense ready to compete. Do not expect cake walk, Pick.

playmaker04

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 11:08:18 am

Efird is an a very good coach. Will have a confusing MC defense ready to compete. Do not expect cake walk, Pick.
ole pick finally got something to be excited about over there in ole Des Arc. Let him brag a little. It will end soon.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Not worried about his defense,  he has to worry about our offense,  we are going to line up and run it down their throat and make them like it, or we may spread the field and throw it around or we may do both.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 17, 2015, 12:14:49 pm #56 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:17:08 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 17, 2015, 11:29:43 am

ole pick finally got something to be excited about over there in ole Des Arc. Let him brag a little. It will end soon.

Maybe someday Cross County will have something to brag about too, no need in hating.  Des arc has won more games in the last 3 years than your mighty Cross County has won in the last 6. So now I understand the jealousy. 

Old Scrapper

DA will run just about whatever they want.

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 17, 2015, 12:37:50 pm

MC's boys know what they're doing and are well coached, especially on D with all that they run. With that being said, so is DA's O. It will be a match up between two well coached teams. I do not think it will be the blowout you DA guys are thinking ;)

Old Scrapper

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on November 17, 2015, 01:42:27 pm

MC's boys know what they're doing and are well coached, especially on D with all that they run. With that being said, so is DA's O. It will be a match up between two well coached teams. I do not think it will be the blowout you DA guys are thinking ;)
where this monkey come from?

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 17, 2015, 01:45:51 pm
Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on November 17, 2015, 01:42:27 pm

where this monkey come from?
Sylvan Hills, go bears!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I just heard from a friend that Magnet coves team speed has the des arc coaches worried.  I guess playing in the 5 has made them fast.

ExemplaryChimp

MC is a young team, think their line is mostly sophomores, and at one point had a few freshys. Unfortunately for magnet, I believe that Des Arc's experience and size will help them edge out this win. Could be wrong though, just have to wait until Friday

Cheek

November 17, 2015, 02:22:00 pm #63 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:33:02 pm by Cheek
Magnet Coves passing should give DA some trouble, but with DAs All State Safety, he will intercept every pass thrown.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:22:00 pm
Magnet Coves passing should give DA some trouble, but with DAs All Srate Safety, he will intercept every pass thrown.

He actually probably will be all state.

And you can't pass when you are running for your life. 

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 02:23:55 pm
Magnet Coves passing should give DA some trouble, but with DAs All Srate Safety, he will intercept every pass thrown.

Who says he'll be running for his life? Quick passes and screens could be used to counter that.

ExemplaryChimp

one man cannot account for all of the secondary, cheek

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on November 17, 2015, 02:26:55 pm

Exemplary point made, Mr. Chimp.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 02:31:08 pm

Because Cheek knows just how good and how fast said player is. ;D

You 2 are special,  cheek was being sarcastic,  read more and post less.

ExemplaryChimp

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 02:33:09 pm

I believe it is you who should be posting less. I see by your number of posts that you plenty of free time you are wasting behind your computer just trying to relive your glory days

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on November 17, 2015, 02:36:08 pm

I believe it is you who should be posting less. I see by your number of posts that you plenty of free time you are wasting behind your computer just trying to relive your glory days

Agreed. I'm just here to discuss football, not call out others with provocative terms such as "special".

Cheek

I am messing with "Pick".   We can insult each other without your help.  I am Deer Hunting in Mo. and the hunting is as slow at Des Arc's. Linemen.  Just trying to pass the time.

FootballDude02

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 09:49:19 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 09:46:31 am
Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 09:41:35 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2015, 04:29:39 pm
Quote from: Cheek on November 16, 2015, 04:26:58 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 16, 2015, 03:59:38 pm
Quote from: Cheek on November 16, 2015, 03:15:44 pm
Quote from: purplehajj on November 15, 2015, 09:29:37 pm
Lol sad thing is they think that's really good pick but if they were in our conference that probably be 4 or 5

No, it would be simple math.  Add 1 to each of your seeds and drop Carlisle,.  It would be correct than.

Man I sure hope we get to play England,  so we can see just how great the lions are. So don't slip up and get beat by the burg friday, cause I don't want to hear any excuses.

We love messing with you Pick.  If you will read the post, no one is bragging about England and claimimg they will win it all.  Worm got bored, and started threads about the best player at every position.  It really just gave people something to have a discussion about.  England has a better than average team and the fans are proud.  England will have to play a good game to beat Mountainburg.  If we get to to play Des Arc, win or lose, we will be glad to get thee.

I know and I knew worm wasn't serious. And des arc will be glad to make it too, we are on our 3rd 10 win season in a row.

Pick, Des Arc just became relevant, don't get your hopes up. MC will play a better game then expected. After all, the 5-2A is underestimated by ignorant FF posters.

Just became relevant?  Define your definition of "just became".

Besides Hazen who is your real competition in the 6-2A?
These statements let me know who the real irrelevant person is....and the winner is....You my friend. lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Well I have been on here for bout 8 years now. And I'm on my phone not a computer and yes I have lots of free time, heck I'm actually getting paid for free time. And No glory days here.

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:38:29 pm

I am messing with "Pick".   We can insult each other without your help.  I am Deer Hunting in Mo. and the hunting is as slow at Des Arc's. Linemen.  Just trying to pass the time.

+1 Cheek, I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 17, 2015, 02:41:59 pm #75 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:45:44 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 02:37:24 pm

Agreed. I'm just here to discuss football, not call out others with provocative terms such as "special".

Special has several meanings, interpret  it how you want.

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 17, 2015, 02:38:35 pm
Lol sad thing is they think that's really good pick but if they were in our conference that probably be 4 or 5

No, it would be simple math.  Add 1 to each of your seeds and drop Carlisle,.  It would be correct than.

Man I sure hope we get to play England,  so we can see just how great the lions are. So don't slip up and get beat by the burg friday, cause I don't want to hear any excuses.

We love messing with you Pick.  If you will read the post, no one is bragging about England and claimimg they will win it all.  Worm got bored, and started threads about the best player at every position.  It really just gave people something to have a discussion about.  England has a better than average team and the fans are proud.  England will have to play a good game to beat Mountainburg.  If we get to to play Des Arc, win or lose, we will be glad to get thee.

I know and I knew worm wasn't serious. And des arc will be glad to make it too, we are on our 3rd 10 win season in a row.

Pick, Des Arc just became relevant, don't get your hopes up. MC will play a better game then expected. After all, the 5-2A is underestimated by ignorant FF posters.

These statements let me know who the real irrelevant person is....and the winner is....You my friend. lol

I was just making some observations of DA football

AwakeEarlyBird

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 02:41:59 pm

Special has several meanings, interrupt it how you want.

Did you mean interpret, pick?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 02:38:29 pm

Dang, that slow? You might as well go back to camp till it gets as fast as our backs. ;D

FootballDude02

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 02:42:07 pm
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 17, 2015, 02:38:35 pm

I was just making some observations of DA football
Wrong, you were making assumptions about a conference  ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 02:43:34 pm

Lol, yea, dumb smartphone

Cheek

Pick, this is an honest assessment.  DA has a very good team with large limeman and some quality skill players.  The only problem I see is your defensive lineman are very slow.  They are good at pluging holes, but do not pursuing very well.  DA will have to send LB's or Safety's to pressure MC's
QB.   He is a Sr. who has a strong arm and is very quick.  Des Arc should win the game, but  MC has the potential to keep it interesting.  No one thought they could knock off Earle at Earle either

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on November 17, 2015, 03:00:27 pm

Pick, this is an honest assessment.  DA has a very good team with large limeman and some quality skill players.  The only problem I see is your defensive lineman are very slow.  They are good at pluging holes, but do not pursuing very well.  DA will have to send LB's or Safety's to pressure MC's
QB.   He is a Sr. who has a strong arm and is very quick.  Des Arc should win the game, but  MC has the potential to keep it interesting.  No one thought they could knock off Earle at Earle either

We have an end (who has 2 or 3 scholarship offers) a tackle who are pretty quick, the end is first or 2nd in sacks in 2A. We sacked w.r. q.b. so much last week it wasn't funny.

Earle was ready to play basketball.

curtain caller

Pic they seem to be trying to run you down. I'm sure your eagles will give them a run for there money. Des Arc is a good Ole fashion ball team that likes to play hard. When we played magnet cove last year in baseball the fans and players were very nice and had a good ballgame that day. These must be to newbs. Good luck from the 6 Des Arc! Safe travels to MC to and from.

BigLion10

Pick I expect a big victory from the Eagles friday night. MC must've gotten a bunch of transfers from malvern monday since there season ended last friday for them to come on here and start talking crazy lol

FootballDude02

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 17, 2015, 02:44:31 pm
Quote from: AwakeEarlyBird on November 17, 2015, 02:43:34 pm

Lol, yea, dumb smartphone
Hahahaha...phone is smart, it's part of the makeup, could it be the user? Lol! Jk pick

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: curtain caller on November 17, 2015, 03:28:00 pm
Pic they seem to be trying to run you down. I'm sure your eagles will give them a run for there money. Des Arc is a good Ole fashion ball team that likes to play hard. When we played magnet cove last year in baseball the fans and players were very nice and had a good ballgame that day. These must be to newbs. Good luck from the 6 Des Arc! Safe travels to MC to and from.

They try to no avail,  I will be here long after they are gone. I promise even if we get beat friday, I will still be on here. I was here right after the j.c. beat down. Lol

N2DEEP

Got a question...per the playoff brackets Des Arc is the higher seed, yet is on the lower side of the bracket and that should mean Des Arc is the home team, yet when I look at the game schedule it shows magnet Cove as the home team. Which one is it??? Who is the home team this week????

FootballDude02

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 17, 2015, 09:28:16 pm
Got a question...per the playoff brackets Des Arc is the higher seed, yet is on the lower side of the bracket and that should mean Des Arc is the home team, yet when I look at the game schedule it shows magnet Cove as the home team. Which one is it??? Who is the home team this week????
DA

JimmyTiger2001

DES ARC

JimmyTiger2001

These new posters are pretty funny.

bigworm

The higher seed is home team. If same seed, the team on top side is home.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It will always be the lower seed, in this case des arc is a 2 and Magnet Cove a 4, so d.a. is home team regardless who is on top of bracket.  Now if both teams were the same seed #, then the top team would be the home team.

RiverEagle079

MC played a watered down version of Earle I am guessing.  Earle embarrassed Hazen early in the season so I know they where better than they played last week.  That being said MC will not be a pushover it will be a tough fought game because MC is a spread attack team.  DA is a power run team even though we try to pass some times the run is the bread and butter. DA will run smash mouth run the clock kill your defense motivation offense and MC will run a high octane passing game.  If DA isn't careful MC will score on 2 to 3 plays.  That being said I think DA's offense is to much for MC and MC will not throw like they want.  DA by 16

N2DEEP

Cheek

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 18, 2015, 06:40:39 pm
Thanks for clearing it up.

But here on this site http://www.fearlessfriday.com/division/2A.html is still wrong
[/quote

The AAA sets the sites, not FF.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on November 18, 2015, 04:59:59 pm
MC played a watered down version of Earle I am guessing.  Earle embarrassed Hazen early in the season so I know they where better than they played last week.  That being said MC will not be a pushover it will be a tough fought game because MC is a spread attack team.  DA is a power run team even though we try to pass some times the run is the bread and butter. DA will run smash mouth run the clock kill your defense motivation offense and MC will run a high octane passing game.  If DA isn't careful MC will score on 2 to 3 plays.  That being said I think DA's offense is to much for MC and MC will not throw like they want.  DA by 16
It won't be that close of a game. MC's luck runs out a 7:00 pm tomorrow night.

RedDevils4life

November 19, 2015, 12:34:29 pm #97 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:36:12 pm by RedDevils4life
Des Arc better be ready to play. The team looked over Walnut Ridge last week, and still won, but this week they need to stay focus. With that being said I know Ontario and Daylon Conway is ready. And yes I am proud of the Eagles, and my nephews....Pause....And if  Dillon (the other Conway brother) wouldn't have gotten into trouble there is no tell where this team could do.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: RedDevils4life on November 19, 2015, 12:34:29 pm
Des Arc better be ready to play. The team looked over Walnut Ridge last week, and still won, but this week they need to stay focus. With that being said I know Ontario and Daylon Conway is ready. And yes I am proud of the Eagles, and my nephews....Pause....And if  Dillon (the other Conway brother) wouldn't have gotten into trouble there is no tell where this team could do.

He would have added to the team that's for sure. At least he seems to have learned from that and is headed in the right direction to be able to play next season.

Bagheera

It's funny the only explanation for MC beating Earle is that they were "watered down".  How about MC was the better team that night and made more plays?  MC's record is very deceiving.  The team they are now is nowhere close to the team that started 0-5. Three of those losses by one score with a chance to win.  Since that time they are 5-1 and playing their best football when it counts.  Confidence is key this time of year and from what I saw last week MC has tons of it.  I'm not guaranteeing a win but I know and finally these players and coaches seem to believe that they are capable of beating anybody.  But keep downplaying and overlooking the Panthers.  It's much more fun to upset a team than to be the favorite.  ;D  Shock the state again boys!  Go Panthers!   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas