• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ Conway Christian

Started by Crackerjaxon, November 05, 2015, 09:58:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackerjaxon

BigLion10

WPWells

Bigditchlion

CC by a bunch!! That qb will light them up

whoknows

I know absolutely nothing about Conway Christian...

lionfan59

Whoknows.  They got a good strong QB. Smart player who knows how to make plays.  I'm going with a win for our fellow 5-2A team by 14

Big Boy

Quote from: Bigditchlion on November 05, 2015, 10:06:42 pm
CC by a bunch!! That qb will light them up
Should be a good game, but I'm betting this don't happen.  The Outlaw defense is improving in recent weeks and I believe the secondary is the strong point of the defense.  If CC plans to throw a lot, I see some INTs.  Go Big Blue!

BLUEBLOOD

Calpreps updated projection as of this morning:

CC   35
Dierks 28
(neutral field)

gmac

Bigditchlion

They are good! England only gave up 49 points the entire year and CC had 20 of those. If you don't get pressure on that qb. You will be in for a long night.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: gmac on November 06, 2015, 08:23:26 am
I'll take Dierks in a close one

I'll make the trip and I also expect a good game.  The Outlaws could give problems to CC if we play like we did in a few games this season (Fouke, LC, SH). 

cougarfan 422

Lafayette County by 35.....lol GO COUGARS!!  :o :o :P

outlaws4life26

Hollerboy79

I really like the Outlaws' chances. That QB is a stud with several talented recievers. Our defensive line the past two weeks has gotten enough pressure on qb's that we have given our secondary the opportunity to make some great plays. I'll go with the Outlaws by 6.

Cheek

Conway Christian will run away with this game.   CC by 21

Hornet4ever

cougarfan 422

November 06, 2015, 12:14:05 pm #16 Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 12:18:56 pm by cougarfan 422
Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 06, 2015, 12:05:25 pm
Quote from: outlaws4life26 on November 06, 2015, 11:05:14 am
Quote from: cougarfan 422 on November 06, 2015, 10:46:24 am
Lafayette County by 35.....lol GO COUGARS!!  :o :o :P
????????????????

Lol  8)
LOL....didnt  know if anyone would get it! lol I have seen  Dierks play. if they contain and   their running  back is healthy they have as good a chance as any. remember  on any giving night...  good luck God Bless and Maybe the Cougars will  get to square of again  on  those nasty Outlaws....lol Good luck guys!

Blue

Getting pressure on CC's QB will not happen much because he holds the ball about 1 second. He is going to dink it to one of his 4 WR's on a screen. The key for the Outlaws will be making the tackles on the WR's for little or no gain. I watched a few of CC's games on film and they hardly ever throw the ball down field. They will run the jet sweep to the slot in motion like Murfreesboro had so much success doing last night They will trail a guy behind the motion man and run a little option with the trail guy and QB. They spread the field looking for a mismatch if the Outlaws make the tackles in space we have a chance. Offensively we can run the ball on CC, passing will be tough #44 is hard to keep off the QB. I think the Outlaws make it a close one and possibly spring the upset.

whoknows

Quote from: Blue on November 06, 2015, 08:46:20 pm
Getting pressure on CC's QB will not happen much because he holds the ball about 1 second. He is going to dink it to one of his 4 WR's on a screen. The key for the Outlaws will be making the tackles on the WR's for little or no gain. I watched a few of CC's games on film and they hardly ever throw the ball down field. They will run the jet sweep to the slot in motion like Murfreesboro had so much success doing last night They will trail a guy behind the motion man and run a little option with the trail guy and QB. They spread the field looking for a mismatch if the Outlaws make the tackles in space we have a chance. Offensively we can run the ball on CC, passing will be tough #44 is hard to keep off the QB. I think the Outlaws make it a close one and possibly spring the upset.

Finally a little insight...biased albeit...I think Dierks will play tough...hopefully we can pull the upset...gonna be tough tho...

BLUEBLOOD

They will run the jet sweep to the slot in motion like Murfreesboro had so much success doing last night

Not sure why Murfreesboro didn't run more of that!!

BUT our Outlaw defense has gotten better at setting the edge and containing.  I don't feel like CC will have any better backs than we've seen in our conference.  They got a couple of good looking WRs and a QB with a big arm.  He doesn't look to run (from what I've seen) but he does see the field well and throws a nice ball.  I'm not sure the Outlaws have faced this type of QB this season.  The DBs have the potential to be in the spotlight on Friday in Conway.  We have one really good cover corner and another 2 DBs who are good tacklers.  We need to be ball hawks this week and get some INTs or at least break up the passes.  Tackling in the open field will be big to keep the big plays down. 

Bigditchlion

mtindian42

Jakob Henry throws dilfer dimes! If he has time he is going to find the open man! It is a pleasure to watch this kid on hudl!

Bigditchlion

He is the real deal  6-5 and can sling it

Hornet4ever

Conway Christian wins this one. Think their offense will be too much for Dierks.

bigworm

"hardly ever throw it down the field"..............Really? Good luck. I hear #30 for CC is out for the season. Big loss for them. May be tight.

whoknows

If Dierks can move the ball on offense...long drives and eat up the clock...I think they have a shot...

Lions84

Cheek

CC will win this game by 2 scows or more. 

tacklethis...

You went from 3td favor to winning by two dirty looks????

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 10, 2015, 12:52:53 pm
You went from 3td favor to winning by two dirty looks????

It's only Tuesday tackle.....give him until Friday and he'll take Outlaws by 10!!!!

tacklethis...

Somebody is afraid the 5 may not be very strong...

Bigditchlion

outlaw2929

whoknows

Dierks 4 turnovers in the 1st half...1 of them a pick 6...think they said Conway Christian has negative yardage...and still winning

Hollerboy79

You Eagles have fun down there in Dragon land..you're gonna need all the luck you've got.

whoknows

Lions84

Hornet4ever

Conway Christian isn't very good. Sounds like Dierks is better then expected just struggled with turnovers.

Bigditchlion

tacklethis...

It was 14-6 at halftime and Conway Christian had negative offensive yardage...

Blue

Outlaws most definitely laid a egg last night. Hard to grasp a running back with 4400 career yards having 2 meaningful carries in the second half of a playoff game. The passing game was in disaster mode from the opening bell I lost count of the interceptions it was 5-6. The Outlaw defense played possibly their best game of the year. That being said congratulations to the Conway Christian Eagles for advancing to the 2nd round good luck next week in Junction City.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Blue on November 14, 2015, 04:38:03 pm
Outlaws most definitely laid a egg last night. Hard to grasp a running back with 4400 career yards having 2 meaningful carries in the second half of a playoff game. The passing game was in disaster mode from the opening bell I lost count of the interceptions it was 5-6. The Outlaw defense played possibly their best game of the year. That being said congratulations to the Conway Christian Eagles for advancing to the 2nd round good luck next week in Junction City.

I don't think #29 was hurt either. We must have ditched what we do to do something we don't do well....it par for the course, have a pretty good team, get a decent draw against a very beatable team, and lay an egg in the 1st round...

I've seen it before....

Cheek

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 14, 2015, 01:29:29 pm

What is the old saying, find a way to win.  That is what CC did.

Blue

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 14, 2015, 04:48:35 pm

I don't think #29 was hurt either. We must have ditched what we do to do something we don't do well....it par for the course, have a pretty good team, get a decent draw against a very beatable team, and lay an egg in the 1st round...

I've seen it before....

No 29 was good to go it appeared he carried it the last couple plays as the clock expired. Hopefully we can regroup and have another good season next year. I feel like the Outlaws won every game they were expected to win this year. We played Lafayette County and Conway Christian both very close, the CC score is no indication of how close that game was. Aunt Ida, Gurdon and Fouke are all very good teams the Outlaws lost to. We beat every team we clearly should have beat, so all in all a good season. I can't wait until September so we can do it all over again. The Outlaws lose a good SR class, and one of the best high school RB's I have ever watched play, Coach Bennett will get the new group coached up, my favorite part of high school ball is watching these kids progress.

Blue

Quote from: Cheek on November 14, 2015, 04:55:11 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on November 14, 2015, 01:29:29 pm

What is the old saying, find a way to win.  That is what CC did.

That is a true statement, to bad their road leads to Union County.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Blue on November 14, 2015, 05:03:11 pm

I've seen it before....

No 29 was good to go it appeared he carried it the last couple plays as the clock expired. Hopefully we can regroup and have another good season next year. I feel like the Outlaws won every game they were expected to win this year. We played Lafayette County and Conway Christian both very close, the CC score is no indication of how close that game was. Aunt Ida, Gurdon and Fouke are all very good teams the Outlaws lost to. We beat every team we clearly should have beat, so all in all a good season. I can't wait until September so we can do it all over again. The Outlaws lose a good SR class, and one of the best high school RB's I have ever watched play, Coach Bennett will get the new group coached up, my favorite part of high school ball is watching these kids progress.

Blue, I agree with most but certainly not all...

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Blue on November 14, 2015, 05:03:11 pm

I've seen it before....

I felt like when we got down by 2 scores, we panicked on our play calling.  We started going up top every down.  The Outlaw defense played great, but the offense continued to put them into a corner.  CC is a good team, but this game was a ton closer than the final score.

Good season for the Outlaws, but we pretty much won every game we should have and lost every game we should have.  It's frustrating to see that we can't seem to play up and beat someone who may be a little better than us. 

jonnyZ

Was it really that close?  The paper said CC ended with 300 yds of offense.  If they had negative yds at halftime and 100+ yds in penalties, that QB must have really gotten hot in the 2nd half.  Could Dierks not move the ball in the second half?

dragondad

Quote from: jonnyZ on November 16, 2015, 06:45:17 pm
Was it really that close?  The paper said CC ended with 300 yds of offense.  If they had negative yds at halftime and 100+ yds in penalties, that QB must have really gotten hot in the 2nd half.  Could Dierks not move the ball in the second half?

In the JC/CC article, Hootens said CC had 389 total yards, 240 passing and 149 rushing, but they didn't say how many yards in penalties.

Hollerboy79

Quote from: dragondad on November 16, 2015, 08:51:14 pm
Quote from: jonnyZ on November 16, 2015, 06:45:17 pm

In the JC/CC article, Hootens said CC had 389 total yards, 240 passing and 149 rushing, but they didn't say how many yards in penalties.
Conway Christian finsihed with 349 total yards, 223 passing 2 td's, 126 rushing 1 td, 9 penalties for 94 yards, 6 offensive 3 defensive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas