• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIGELOW

Started by #2LION, January 24, 2008, 01:31:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#2LION

How is bigelow boys and girls teams doing this year??

old_school

they both beat Mt. Pine tonight

deep purple

Bigelow boys beat pine...wow thats huge!

woohoo

Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 12:08:04 am

I saw them against Poyen the other night and I thought they looked better than Mt. Pine.  Between, Bigelow, Pine and Jville, the district tournament should be very interesting.

deep purple

Quote from: woohoo on January 25, 2008, 12:09:19 am
Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 12:08:04 am

I saw them against Poyen the other night and I thought they looked better than Mt. Pine.  Between, Bigelow, Pine and Jville, the district tournament should be very interesting.
Yeah the boys conference this year has been very unpredictable this year.

FreeMoney

Shouldn't Jessieville be running away with this conference?

Neutral observer

Quote from: FreeMoney on January 25, 2008, 09:30:45 am
Shouldn't Jessieville be running away with this conference?

According to who?

SupremeBaller42

with moutain pine losing to bigelow all jville has to do is win out to win the conference. and somebody give me some info on how bigelow beat mountain pine???

PopTart Man

deep purple

Quote from: SupremeBaller42 on January 25, 2008, 10:57:54 am
with moutain pine losing to bigelow all jville has to do is win out to win the conference. and somebody give me some info on how bigelow beat mountain pine???
Its was at bigelow thats all the info you need.

Neutral observer

Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 01:06:32 pm
Quote from: SupremeBaller42 on January 25, 2008, 10:57:54 am
Its was at bigelow thats all the info you need.

An Ola fan implying something about the officials?

Truthfully, Bigelow has comparable talent to Mt Pine and Jville.  They are maybe a small notch below but neither Pine nor Jville ever seem to really completely play to their capabilities.  That opens the doors for teams like Bigelow who have some talent.

michaeljordan

dude no there talent is not even close to mp or jville........ jessieville played them at plainview tourny and beat by like 30 or so and in con by like 14

deep purple

Not to put down my team but our boys beat bigelow when we played at bigelow...and i'll admit we don't have anywhere close to the talent and ability as jville and pine. So how can u say bigelow is comparable to them...theres no way. It will be jville and pine in the finals of district I have no doubt.

Neutral observer

Quote from: michaeljordan on January 25, 2008, 03:21:00 pm
dude no there talent is not even close to mp or jville........ jessieville played them at plainview tourny and beat by like 30 or so and in con by like 14

Yeah, it's a lot closer than some of you would like it to be.  Jessieville's boys are better, true, but since they seldom play to their potential and they're not a great team to begin with, they are beatable.

It doesn't really matter who wins the 5AA south district anyways, you guys have to go up and face Hackett in regionals and then you'll see greatness.  Not message board braggery, just greatness.  And none of the teams from 5AAsouth can beat them.

And remember this, dudette, whatever happened in the plainview tourney means nothing here at the end of the season as we move towards the playoffs...nothing.

deep purple

Quote from: Neutral observer on January 25, 2008, 03:34:15 pm

Yeah, it's a lot closer than some of you would like it to be.  Jessieville's boys are better, true, but since they seldom play to their potential and they're not a great team to begin with, they are beatable.

It doesn't really matter who wins the 5AA south district anyways, you guys have to go up and face Hackett in regionals and then you'll see greatness.  Not message board braggery, just greatness.  And none of the teams from 5AAsouth can beat them.

And remember this, dudette, whatever happened in the plainview tourney means nothing here at the end of the season as we move towards the playoffs...nothing.
Very true statements...Now don't get me wrong I think hackett is good I've seen them play 3 or 4 times this year but I don't think they are as good as they were last year.

Neutral observer

Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 03:32:35 pm
Not to put down my team but our boys beat bigelow when we played at bigelow...and i'll admit we don't have anywhere close to the talent and ability as jville and pine. So how can u say bigelow is comparable to them...theres no way. It will be jville and pine in the finals of district I have no doubt.

You're right, your team is not very good and if they beat Bigelow that definitely has to cause me to pause.  That being said, Bigelow beat Poyen's boys like yard dogs(worse than Pine or Jville beat them recently) and then beat Mt Pine.  Maybe they got some players back or something because it didn't look like a fluke to me.

Again, remember, I've said that Pine and Jville have better talent but I'm saying that what I've seen the last couple of games from Bigelow tells me that no matter what they were doing earlier in the season, they're doing something better right now.

deep purple

Our boys are starting to play better here lately and its happening at the right time. I just hope somehow we can win our 1st round game to get into regionals. That hasn't happen for our boys bball program for a long time.

Neutral observer

Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 03:54:55 pm
Our boys are starting to play better here lately and its happening at the right time. I just hope somehow we can win our 1st round game to get into regionals. That hasn't happen for our boys bball program for a long time.

Well good luck.  This is the perfect time of the year to start playing well.  Looks like your girls team is a shoe-in to make regionals.

woohoo

The Malvern Daily Record has the Poyen/Bigelow score on 01-22-08 as 64 to 39, Poyen won.  Quote "the senior boys destroying the visiting team 64 -39."  is that incorrect??

Headlines "Poyen grabs three wins over Bigelow"

ballahallic

that is not correct i dont know the correct final score but bigelow beat poyen by 17

ballahallic

Quote from: deep purple on January 25, 2008, 03:32:35 pm
i was at both games bigelow/ ola the first game bigelow played bad and only lost by 3 point the second game bigelow was beating ola by 25 in the fourth and slip up and ola made a come back but bigelow was dominating the entire game...the first game aginst pine was only a 3 point lost and the second was a win if they are not comparable then how were both games so close...the first game Vs j'ville was only a 10 or 8 point loss and bigelow had a chance to win at the end.the team's are comparable

ballahallic

The game in the plainview tourny was bigelow's 4 or 5 game they have improved greatly sence then... the second time they met up it was much closer j'ville only won by 8 or 10

lions#22

When we played yall at plainview that was our 2nd game with 1 practice. The last time we played we had a 25 pt lead going into the fourth quarter and started expirementing with some people in different spots and they came back. We went back to what we were doing and ended up winning by 14 or so.

michaeljordan

true very true lions22

old_school

You had 15 point lead and won by 10. after it was cut to 5. Big difference. I know you stil won though and that is what matters.

deep purple

Well tournament time is almost here so we will get to see who is comparable to who by who shows up and plays their best ball at the right time.

lions#22

Like I said, we were playin with some people in some different spots and they made a run. But, when the original line up was on the court together, we pulled away and there really wasn't anything Bigelow could do to stop us. We will find out pretty soon how far the panthers have came.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas