• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIC?

Started by ab24, March 29, 2013, 10:27:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on November 22, 2013, 09:52:07 am
I think bdubyab60 must be a Marmaduke player. Almost beat Augusta to get to Regional give me a break. First that was a quarterfinal game in the district tournament and we had the game on our home court and still couldn't win. I do appreciate you being optimistic bdubyab60 and if you are a player that's the way you should think and I hope you are one of the players that is doing what they should be and if you are not maybe you can change and help lead a positive change for the future generations at Marmaduke. As a parent with a young son I sure hope so.
Im not a player. But I was at the game and they ended up losing by a few points. All you go tto do to get in regionals is make it to the semis of your district. Im not being optimistic just going off what I read in the paper. I have nothing to do with Marmaduke.
Im an EPC fan just giving my opinion of the conference. Marmaduke wasnt horrible last year, the conference was better and they actually pulled some upsets. The conference is a little down this year.
EPC- Monk left, Sturdivant graduated. Still got a good core but will need someone to step up and score. After the starters they are very young.
BIC- Pike is a solid player, got their old coach back and have been playing some good ball. They will be tough at home for sure. Their JR squad pushed EPC the past few years.
Rector- I think one Webber graduated. One of the better coached teams around it their coach is still their, I havent heard of any changes.
CC- Had some talent on their Jr squad, I dont know if they moved up but they had some big kids. I think Hudson graduated.
MT- Lost Ivey and AB, but have a pretty good sophomore that dropped football to just concentrate on basketball. Im not sure how good the overall team is outside of him.
Duke- Im not sure what they lost. Your talking about some internal problems. But on the basketball side when you have a kid that can score like Paige you got a chance to win games.
Riverside- Graduated some good, hardnosed players. Outside of BIC is the only team to consistently cahllenge EPC the past few years in Jr high. They always make a late season charge.
Augusta- Was OK and have a kid like 6' 7" maybe be shorter that when he wants to play can be very good. They arent very disciplined and graduated 2 good players
Mccrory- I have no clue about them.

As you can see no team is head and shoulders above any of the others. Now your unhapiness with the duke situaton and the way things are going I dont have an opinion on. But once we finally get in to basketball and see some of the teams actually play instead of read stats I may change my mind on how the conference will play out.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Bic did beat Augusta Tuesday night. Pike lit them up for about 30.   ;D

redrider30

I appreciate your post and your opinions. You are right about the conference but like I don't know the inside and outs at EPC or other schools but I do at Marmaduke and while you can go with whats on paper if that's all you have, we just have a lot of problems that keep us from being successful. While Page is as talented of a player that has ever played here other things will keep him from being successful, such as his instagram post wearing a BIC hat. That was very disrespectful to his coach, school and town. Thanks for your comments. I do enjoy the forum with all of you very much.

Oldref

Saw Marmaduke play twice this year and Page was not much of a factor in those games. Looks to be really talented but not very happy with his situation for some reason. Don't know anything at all about him other than what I observed in those games. If he did post a picture wearing another school stuff that probably is telling about his loyalty. Unless it was some kind of an inside joke or something like that.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Bic  did beat Riverside ! Right on the edge of mercy rule but Coach Cambell pulled his starters with about 6 minutes to go down 28. Coach Taylor did the same.

bdubyab60

I think Mccrory beat Marked tree the other night as well.

redrider30

Yesterday at Marmaduke practice. Eddie Page giving 0 effort Coach Richey told him to run and Page proceeded to jog mocking the coach. Coach Richey kicked Eddie out of practice and told him he was finished for the day. Then the team went to weight room for workout when team returned to floor Eddie Page had put his uniforms in center of the court and left. Bet he plays tonight against Cross County while other players sit on bench. Its just where Marmaduke boys basketball is right know.

bdubyab60

Thats sad  to hear that those knd of things are going on. If I were the coach he'd be done, cont walk out on your team like that.

BoxNOne

Agree with Bdub. However, being their best player by far I will bet accommodations are made.

bdubyab60

I believe that is what redrider is saying.

BoxNOne

I must have been wrong because I don't see Page's name in paper today.Cross Cty beat Marmaduke by 13.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

you think he is wearing the BIC cap again ??  Too much talent to not play somewhere!

bdubyab60

Unless he moves that won't happen.

Donnie Jamon

Red rider bdub ya is a 40 yr old man from EPC. Can't believe Ritchy lets them do that. He didn't let us when he coached me at EPC

bdubyab60

November 30, 2013, 10:06:26 am #65 Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 10:10:50 am by bdubyab60
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 29, 2013, 11:08:08 pm
Red rider bdub ya is a 40 yr old man from EPC. Can't believe Ritchy lets them do that. He didn't let us when he coached me at EPC
39 DJ lol. And I remember Richy when he was at EPC and when he was at MT. I don't recall anything like this happening. It has to do with todays culture and these kids thinking they can do whatever they want without consequences. I hate it for the rest of the kids on that team but someone has to make a stand sooner or later. Sports isn't the only lesson that has to be taught in life.

BoxNOne

The kid has a lot of talent(as much as anybody in the conference I would say), but doesn't seem like much of a team player in the games I have seen.Bill Taylor could probably get more out of him at BIC.He has a way of getting the most out of players. Sounds like the wheels have fallen off at Marmaduke and Bill Taylor has had a few transfers in his day.

bdubyab60

At this point Im not sure how the transfer rule would work. I would think he would have to establish a residence. We have a couple of transfers now that are still ineligible and they have been here since school started.

BoxNOne

I don't think you are the only one who doesn't understand the transfer rules,Bdub.I don't think the AAA understands them either!

bdubyab60

I know as long as you transfer before the deadline you can play anywhere you want. If you move, a legitimate move, you can play imidiately.
Now as for mid season transfers I haven't read up on those. Sounds like a bad decision by the young man if he wanted to play ball.

Believe Marmaduke is EPCs first game Tuesday

Greyhound#1

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 01, 2013, 04:35:18 pm
I know as long as you transfer before the deadline you can play anywhere you want. If you move, a legitimate move, you can play imidiately.
Now as for mid season transfers I haven't read up on those. Sounds like a bad decision by the young man if he wanted to play ball.

bdub i dont think ur correct.  Choice of school rule u must decide before ur a sophmore.  Once u attend a school at 10th grade  it basically like the old rules.  So if transfer after u must sit a year unless ur parents live in the school district u are transfering too.  Thats the way its been explained too me.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on December 01, 2013, 04:54:54 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 01, 2013, 04:35:18 pm

bdub i dont think ur correct.  Choice of school rule u must decide before ur a sophmore.  Once u attend a school at 10th grade  it basically like the old rules.  So if transfer after u must sit a year unless ur parents live in the school district u are transfering too.  Thats the way its been explained too me.
Correct you have to transfer out prior to sophmore year to school choice out, if not you have to have a legit move or sit out 365. If you are at a school in which you school choiced into you can transfer back during your later high school years as long as you transfer back to your original school within the first 2 weeks of that school year.

Greyhound#1

U also must sit the number games u played at prevoius school the year before.  We had a 10th grade player transfer out and played 1 game and then moved back.  Now he has sit one year and 1 game.

bdubyab60

Like I said I don't no the entire rule just the basics. I let the schools handle that. But I'm pretty sure we probably won't be seeing Paige playing ball unless it's for Marmaduke

ASURedWolf6

I'm brand new to the Fearless Friday forums, but IMO Marmaduke won't be in the top four of the 2A-3 this year. Not even close really.. Page is a good player, a great player when he has his head on straight.. Not enough to carry them to a top four spot, though.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Did Page  go back to the team ?

ASURedWolf6

Honestly, I have no idea for sure. I do know that at the WBC Saturday, M'duke beat Viola 42-41 and Winberry had 23 and their next scorer had eight and it wasn't Page.

Personally, I think Page will eventually be back in uniform at some point. I'd have to see them play a meaningful conference game without him to believe he isn't on the team.

Lions84

BIC always been pretty good and should be back in form with a Taylor coaching there again.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BIC #1 seed in the NEA lower division ...   Boys ;D
BIC #3 seed in the NEA lower division ...   Girls   :)

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BIC beat Marmaduke... Mercy rule the whole 4th qtr clock ran !!  Page was on the bench. I asked some Marmaduke fans behind me about him. They said he had to set until end of the semester then he could play again. They said Team decision.

bdubyab60

Its good for Paige but not really sure how good it is for Marmaduke. Its hard to mend those relationships when things go bad.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

He was up & trying to encourage them. I think the others would take any help they can get. They never got anything going all night. I give alot of that to Mustangs. It was homecoming & they were pumped.  Pike didn't really look to score but he had a ton of assist.  the Mustangs have a big week with Markled Tree Tuesday night at the MAC.  and EPC Friday night.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Well the Stangs knocked off Marked Tree in a great physical match up.  Mustangs couldn't get the 3 ball to fall tonight but was able to overcome it with some inside play by Bollinger & Carmichael.  Pike had about 20 most inside the paint & 1   2 hand slam. 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BIC & Coach Taylor trying to bring back the winning tradition.  Great Job guys!!  Congrats on your conference & district championship!  You did what alot of people said you couldn't do.  Back to cutting down the nets!!  ;D    You can watch the game again tonight on Tubetown Ritter cable ch.21.

Good luck to you this week in Regionals!!

ISU7

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 25, 2014, 09:55:38 am
BIC & Coach Taylor trying to bring back the winning tradition.  Great Job guys!!  Congrats on your conference & district championship!  You did what alot of people said you couldn't do.  Back to cutting down the nets!!  ;D    You can watch the game again tonight on Tubetown Ritter cable ch.21.

Good luck to you this week in Regionals!!
I will watch and see was those really charging fouls Dubya was talking about, then I'll post my opinion, like it matters anyway. Good luck to the 3-2A from your friends in the 3-3A.... 8)

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I watched again & I thought the Refs did an overall good job. There were questionable calls both ways. The charges looked good to me maybe 1 questionable but 2 blocking calls on BIC that looked like could have been a charge.  I was glad I knew the outcome. I was still on the edge of my seat. lol! 

ISU7

All im going to say is some of the charging calls were legit against EPC, and my goodnes a couple of BIC players look as they had been to the Britney Fowler school of flopping..lol ;D 8)

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

mtindian42

LOL THAT GUY FROM MISS STATE TAKES THE CAKE. KY clearly never touched the guy and you would think he just got ko in a boxing match...

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 26, 2014, 12:29:49 pm
LOL THAT GUY FROM MISS STATE TAKES THE CAKE. KY clearly never touched the guy and you would think he just got ko in a boxing match...

I saw that. He kept playing it off over on the bench. I don't know what happened on that. I sure didn't think KY hit him. you could see daylight.   even we don't flop that bad!

mtindian42

LOL I HOPE NOT...flopping is teaching these kids bad habits. I think if you get caught the other team should get 3 points and the ball. that would put a stop to it...

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

learning to take a charge is good defense!  stops alot of teams from driving to the basket.

mtindian42

not a thing in the world wrong with takeing a charge... but when you fake one that's growing problem in the sport. and the sad part is they even do it at the highest level...

ISU7

Batman44

College and pro players do it, and other things, just to get some up-close TV shots. Just my opinion, not saying that some are not legit.

ISU7

Quote from: mtindian42 on February 26, 2014, 01:00:58 pm
not a thing in the world wrong with takeing a charge... but when you fake one that's growing problem in the sport. and the sad part is they even do it at the highest level...
If the refs cant see a flop when it happens, the most certainly need to be ref'ing wrestling matches...lol

ISU7

Quote from: Batman44 on February 26, 2014, 01:14:47 pm
College and pro players do it, and other things, just to get some up-close TV shots. Just my opinion, not saying that some are not legit.
Pro players get a fine for flopping.. ???

Batman44

They can afford it.

mtindian42

so what the ref cant see makes it right?

mtindian42

if I was the coach and you played for me star player or not. if you done that you would be seating down. coaches see it but they just turn a blind eye to it. even applaud at times so they must condone it...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas