• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIC?

Started by ab24, March 29, 2013, 10:27:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ab24

so who do think is in the running for this job?

Basketballfan13

Bill Taylor, who knows maybe even Johnny Taylor

FreeMoney

What happened to Coach Eoff?

ab24

It'll b interesting to see if bill Taylor comes back. I figure Johnny might be looking at this one

BoxNOne

Both tailors like to have talent already available and BIC looks to be average at best for forseeable future.Also must battle EPC with Monk and maybe a top level move in.

Head Lion

Don't forget The Earle Bulldogs will dropping down next cycle!

FreeMoney

Once again I ask!! What happened to Coach Eoff?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: FreeMoney on April 02, 2013, 04:05:10 pm
Once again I ask!! What happened to Coach Eoff?
He has been reassigned to just baseball and teaching I believe.

BoxNOne

He was pretty well fired as basketball coach.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I still say Fowler will do it.  Then move Cossey to head coach of girls.    I maybe wrong but I can see him wanting to coach his boy's since HIS girls are done.   He is the AD. He may have some say in it.

Oldref

Don't know that the AD will have any say in this hire. Think the board has taken this on and I expect Bill Taylor to be offered the job. He has been trying to get back to BIC every since he left. I would look at all the options before I hired Bill back but it is not up to me. No matter  who is hired they have a long way to go to get back anywhere close to being a state tournament team again. There is very little difference between the top teams in A, AA and AAA so I don't think Earle moving back to AA should really scare anyone in AA if you are one of the top teams in that division. We have way to many classifications these days. I promise you there was very little difference between the final 4 teams in A, AA, AAA this year. BIC needs a superintendant also but hiring a coach seems to be the top priority.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on April 02, 2013, 12:24:00 pm
Don't forget The Earle Bulldogs will dropping down next cycle!
I bet you won't be forgetting it anytime soon.  Prolly pretty excited about it.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

This has been very hush hush BUT I have heard the same name a few times from different people.
Maybe we will hear in the next couple weeks after baseball.  ;)

birddawg1986

Your baseball at BIC has been over for 2 weeks. Any new news?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

It is not our baseball season that has to end.

birddawg1986

We here that Stan Fowler is going to take the job since his daughter has graduated, and apparently he has a son in 9th or 10th grade ? Is this correct information ?

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

well I heard that also but the latest is a former coach is returning. So I'm not for sure but a few people have told me that. 

BoxNOne

Has Bill Taylor got any more kids to bring with him?He is going to need them.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

so Boxnone you must have heard the same name that I have.  No he doesn't have any kids to bring. There may be some follow him though. 

pioneers

I hope Taylor plans on taking a few but whoopins for a couple of years because you can find more talent at the YMCA than bic has rite now.

BoxNOne

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on May 13, 2013, 08:52:58 am
so Boxnone you must have heard the same name that I have.  No he doesn't have any kids to bring. There may be some follow him though.
Coaches in 2A-3 will hate to see him return.One of top small schools coaches around.On a different not,a local 4A coach has said Heber Springs has hired old EPC coach who in turn has hired Marcus Monk as assistant.If true Bill Taylor won't have to face maliq for next three years.

hawgball11

Old EPC coach has been at Heber for several years

bdubyab60

A lot of rumors about that flying around. No confirmations

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I have heard Bill Taylor hired as Coach & Gaylon Taylor as Superintendent.  BUT I do not have confirmation at this time. 

BoxNOne

I hope Malik stays at EPC. I enjoy watching him play.

birddawg1986

Seen in the paper this morning Bill Taylor is back at BIC.

jbg1967

birddawg1986

Donnie Jamon

Malik ain't going anywhere

hssportfan

We love him,now we hate him,he's coming back now we love him again 8) 8)
Quote from: birddawg1986 on May 16, 2013, 09:47:22 am
Seen in the paper this morning Bill Taylor is back at BIC.

DocPayntersCourt

Taylor has already put his stamp on this team.  They beat Earle the other night.  He's got some talent to work with.  Plus, Austin Pike is All-State quality player.  They'll make some noise in the conference this year.  Good to see BIC start to be competitive again.

Radiotalker

Quote from: DocPayntersCourt on November 16, 2013, 01:57:05 am
Taylor has already put his stamp on this team.  They beat Earle the other night.  He's got some talent to work with.  Plus, Austin Pike is All-State quality player.  They'll make some noise in the conference this year.  Good to see BIC start to be competitive again.

I would be impressed with victory over Earle after football. Beating them now doesn't mean anything. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Radiotalker on November 19, 2013, 11:28:16 am
Quote from: DocPayntersCourt on November 16, 2013, 01:57:05 am

I would be impressed with victory over Earle after football. Beating them now doesn't mean anything.
Especially since it was probably earles first game and BIC has probably played 8 or more games by now.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

2 Big wins on the road this past weekend.  at Kirby & at Jessieville It was a good learning experience for them.  The Earle win was still a good win  for them because they did that without Pike.  The others had to step up & beat a still very athletic Earle squad by 15pts.

bdubyab60

I'm not saying BIC isn't improved. I would expect them to be. I just don't read to much in to these teams that have 3 weeks of basketball under their belt beating teams that are missing their best players because of football.

The 2A-3 will be wide open this year. Probably 3 or 4 teams that could win the conference crown

bdubyab60

Don't forget Earle moves in conference next year.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 20, 2013, 06:46:38 am
I'm not saying BIC isn't improved. I would expect them to be. I just don't read to much in to these teams that have 3 weeks of basketball under their belt beating teams that are missing their best players because of football.

The 2A-3 will be wide open this year. Probably 3 or 4 teams that could win the conference crown

Rector, BIC, EPC, and Marked Tree by chance?

bdubyab60

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 20, 2013, 10:32:15 pm

Marmaduke will be be in there as well as Riverside. Eddie Paige of Marmaduke is lighting it up right now, has had several games of 30+ already. Busters cardiac kids are a little younger this year but they play hard and win games they probably shouldnt.

I think the conference winner comes from one of these 4 not in any order. Rector, BIC, EPC or Marmaduke. Teams that could sneak in there Riverside and Marked Tree.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

BiC has Riverside at home Friday!!   Could be interesting.

bdubyab60

I'll take BIC at home

BoxNOne

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2013, 08:26:11 am
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 20, 2013, 10:32:15 pm

Marmaduke will be be in there as well as Riverside. Eddie Paige of Marmaduke is lighting it up right now, has had several games of 30+ already. Busters cardiac kids are a little younger this year but they play hard and win games they probably shouldnt.

I think the conference winner comes from one of these 4 not in any order. Rector, BIC, EPC or Marmaduke. Teams that could sneak in there Riverside and Marked Tree.

HorseFeathers

hasn 't marmaduke been blown out a couple times already? By bay if i remember right

BoxNOne

I watched Riverside play M'duke the other night and don't see M'duke as any threat to win conference.I know conference is down but it isn't down that far.I have Marmaduke battling for that 6-7 seed going into district.Riverside also way down from last year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on November 21, 2013, 12:58:33 pm
hasn 't marmaduke been blown out a couple times already? By bay if i remember right
Bay is good. One of the better teams on the area.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 21, 2013, 01:03:38 pm
I watched Riverside play M'duke the other night and don't see M'duke as any threat to win conference.I know conference is down but it isn't down that far.I have Marmaduke battling for that 6-7 seed going into district.Riverside also way down from last year.
Riverside is very young. Marmaduke will be tough at home for anyone ot beat. I just know Paige has been lighting it up. Just dont be surprised if they are in hte top 4. The conference is down overall. Thats why I think it will be pretty much wide open but wouldnt be surprised to see ony of those I mentioned win the conference.

I dont see any one tema running away with it this year and could have similar results to football just without the clear winner. conference champ could have 3 to 5 loses this year in conference.

redrider30

Marmaduke will be lucky to win 5 more games this whole year. Remember you heard it here 1st Marmaduke will finish with 7 or 8 wins and will not make the regional for ..... well I can't remember how long. Another fact Marmaduke has not won a district tournament since the mid 80's. The last Marmaduke team to win a boys district title was Marmaduke's Jr. Boys team of 1987 and it aint getting any better for us Marmaduke fans anytime soon.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on November 21, 2013, 02:57:50 pm
Marmaduke will be lucky to win 5 more games this whole year. Remember you heard it here 1st Marmaduke will finish with 7 or 8 wins and will not make the regional for ..... well I can't remember how long. Another fact Marmaduke has not won a district tournament since the mid 80's. The last Marmaduke team to win a boys district title was Marmaduke's Jr. Boys team of 1987 and it aint getting any better for us Marmaduke fans anytime soon.
They nearly beat Augusta last year to make regional. I guess Paige must be all they have if this is comong from a Duke fan.

BoxNOne

redrider30

You've heard of the prisoners running the prison. Players run the team and as long they have coach held hostage and he lets them nothing will change. Players arrested- they start next game and never miss playing time. Players quit for long and short periods of time- they play very next game they are back. There are no morals in trying to teach kids that there are more important things in life than basketball. You might win a battle but with these tactics you will lose the war. We have lost the war and its getting worse everyday. It is sad for the few good kids in the program that they have to come everyday, work hard and then sit on the bench behind players who are out of control. As a fan and parent I would rather never win another game with 5 kids who were doing what they are supposed to be doing than win 8 games with the other group. 

redrider30

I think bdubyab60 must be a Marmaduke player. Almost beat Augusta to get to Regional give me a break. First that was a quarterfinal game in the district tournament and we had the game on our home court and still couldn't win. I do appreciate you being optimistic bdubyab60 and if you are a player that's the way you should think and I hope you are one of the players that is doing what they should be and if you are not maybe you can change and help lead a positive change for the future generations at Marmaduke. As a parent with a young son I sure hope so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas