• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What to expect in 2018

Started by The Future, December 17, 2017, 09:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Now that all title games are done, all that 2017 has left is the holiday season.
But once January hits, its back to work. 16 teams vying for the 2018 6A title.

What can we see from your team this offseason? Who's being replaced and who's coming back?
We already pretty much know who will be the power teams in each conference with Greenwood and Pine Bluff. The Dogs replace their D1 Qb while the Zebras return a sophomore who showed some promise last season.

But who will step up and make a name for themselves?
West Memphis had a great season. Lake Hamilton and Benton are always good. Searcy and Marion in the East could make some noise. How will Weavers second year at Russellville do? And will Eldorado return to glory and challenge Greenwood in the West?

We got 9 months to go and a lot can happen. How do you see your team doing?

rona

You pretty much made a good outline. Overall I expect the 6-A to be stronger. Searcy has a lot to overcome. Most others will be improved. Greenwood will not be as dominant, but don't bet against them playing in Little Rock comeDecember.

Danold Dump

Dump says definitely a Sheridan vs Mtn Home final in 2018...they are so much more athletic than their competition ;D...Dump out

The Future

Quote from: Danold Dump on February 02, 2018, 08:35:33 am
Dump says definitely a Sheridan vs Mtn Home final in 2018...they are so much more athletic than their competition ;D...Dump out

So Danold, are you predicting an offensive showdown final of 77-70 or a defensive battle final 3-2?

Road_Dogg

Quote from: The Future on December 17, 2017, 09:58:28 am
Now that all title games are done, all that 2017 has left is the holiday season.
But once January hits, its back to work. 16 teams vying for the 2018 6A title.

What can we see from your team this offseason? Who's being replaced and who's coming back?
We already pretty much know who will be the power teams in each conference with Greenwood and Pine Bluff. The Dogs replace their D1 Qb while the Zebras return a sophomore who showed some promise last season.

But who will step up and make a name for themselves?
West Memphis had a great season. Lake Hamilton and Benton are always good. Searcy and Marion in the East could make some noise. How will Weavers second year at Russellville do? And will Eldorado return to glory and challenge Greenwood in the West?

We got 9 months to go and a lot can happen. How do you see your team doing?

Rick Jones has his hands full this coming season. No QB that has any experience. Last I heard they may move their best WR, Holt, there.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Road_Dogg on April 03, 2018, 06:35:32 am
Rick Jones has his hands full this coming season. No QB that has any experience. Last I heard they may move their best WR, Holt, there.
Holt played QB in Russellville in 7th and 8th grade and then for the Greenwood 9th grade team. I don't think his teams have lost a game when he's been the starting QB during those 3 years. He's a winner for sure so they would be in great hands if he's the QB next year.

The Future

Well it wouldn't be the first time. Jones has done it twice here at Greenwood. And we won state titles both times.

Stephen Hogan in 2009 played WR and then 2010 played QB and then Hayden Smith played WR in 2010 and then switched to QB in 2011.

Road_Dogg

Quote from: The Future on April 03, 2018, 05:16:03 pm
Well it wouldn't be the first time. Jones has done it twice here at Greenwood. And we won state titles both times.

Stephen Hogan in 2009 played WR and then 2010 played QB and then Hayden Smith played WR in 2010 and then switched to QB in 2011.

Yes, but back during those years their WRs were better as a core. Right now Holt is about all they had as sure hands at WR position.

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on April 03, 2018, 07:51:00 am
Holt played QB in Russellville in 7th and 8th grade and then for the Greenwood 9th grade team. I don't think his teams have lost a game when he's been the starting QB during those 3 years. He's a winner for sure so they would be in great hands if he's the QB next year.

I'm more worried about taking basically the only WR that was the guy to put him at qb.

Rob Van Winkle

Road Dogg I understand where you are coming from. The Barlow kid is a good WR and I think they have some young ones who are capable but Holt was a big playmaker at WR

Road_Dogg

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on April 03, 2018, 07:21:09 pm
Road Dogg I understand where you are coming from. The Barlow kid is a good WR and I think they have some young ones who are capable but Holt was a big playmaker at WR

He was good but he dropped a lot of balls. It's different taking the 3-4 WR than taking your clear cut number 1

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Road_Dogg on April 03, 2018, 08:25:28 pm
He was good but he dropped a lot of balls. It's different taking the 3-4 WR than taking your clear cut number 1
I agree. He was the best receiver in the state last year, in my opinion. Coach Jones will have a plan.

Danold Dump

Dump truly expects the best team to win it next year. ::)..dump out

ClutchFactor62

Can we expect to not have to put up with those two ignorant Greenwood posters? Please?

Baitshop

Yes, now that their relative has graduated....you can soon find them posting the same drivel on Hogville.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on April 09, 2018, 11:05:27 am
Yes, now that their relative has graduated....you can soon find them posting the same drivel on Hogville.
Not so fast BaitBoy.....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

nsuqb10

Who is the favorite in 6A this year?

zebrafan

Quote from: nsuqb10 on April 15, 2018, 02:06:28 pm
Who is the favorite in 6A this year?
I'd say Greenwood being the defending champs....I think we might have a few teams competing for the top dog...Pine Bluff, West Memphis and Benton....Jonesboro,El Dorado and Searcy are capable as well.

OB11

Quote from: zebrafan on April 15, 2018, 09:49:56 pm
I'd say Greenwood being the defending champs....I think we might have a few teams competing for the top dog...Pine Bluff, West Memphis and Benton....Jonesboro,El Dorado and Searcy are capable as well.

I think there will be more parity in 6A this year than in years past. Greenwood graduates their QB. West Memphis, Searcy, and Benton have been trending upwards. PB, Jonesboro and El Dorado will all be solid. Should be a fun year. 

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: OB11 on April 16, 2018, 09:01:10 am
I think there will be more parity in 6A this year than in years past. Greenwood graduates their QB. West Memphis, Searcy, and Benton have been trending upwards. PB, Jonesboro and El Dorado will all be solid. Should be a fun year.

Who will JB have at QB this year OB?

OB11

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on April 16, 2018, 09:40:58 am
Who will JB have at QB this year OB?

Not real sure to be honest. The two that were splitting time both graduated. Don't think they had a definitive back up QB last year.

zebrafan

Quote from: OB11 on April 16, 2018, 09:01:10 am
Agreed.

ricepig

Quote from: OB11 on April 16, 2018, 09:45:28 am
Not real sure to be honest. The two that were splitting time both graduated. Don't think they had a definitive back up QB last year.
I figure Jumper and the sophomore from last year will get the first looks.

tomdawg55

Will GW and PB be in the final game AGAIN ?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: tomdawg55 on May 02, 2018, 09:16:42 pm
Will GW and PB be in the final game AGAIN ?
It's possible but I thought Eldo looked to be improving. 

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Baitshop on April 09, 2018, 11:05:27 am

Off Season crying..........classic!

x14113

Will the fans in Russ Vegas expect Kade England to compete for playing time after shifting from a Dead T scheme?

hoops35

I really hope so X! I've met the kid a couple times and he's a really good kid. I hope it's going well for him!

BlueCrew4U

Greenwood is obviously the team to beat as the defending champ, but El Dorado could field it's most talented team in quite some time.  They should contend.

Hogman2018

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on May 17, 2018, 08:32:01 am
Greenwood is obviously the team to beat as the defending champ, but El Dorado could field it's most talented team in quite some time.  They should contend.
gThats not what an Eldo coach told me! They lost a lot from their defense

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas