• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel HFC

Started by loyal fan, April 15, 2014, 09:03:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

loyal fan

Was waiting on this topic to surface.  Guess i will start. I would think this job would draw some interest. Maybe small school HC or larger school coordinator? 

AirWarren

Quote from: loyal fan on April 15, 2014, 09:03:44 am
Was waiting on this topic to surface.  Guess i will start. I would think this job would draw some interest. Maybe small school HC or larger school coordinator? 

Where is Shelton going?

loyal fan

hawgrule

zebradynasty

Be hard on him personally but it would check all the boxes for him to get back in to a HC job.

zebrafan

Interesting, I will be keeping a eye on this thread.

Uncle Ivan

Maybe small school HC or larger school coordinator? 

Harv Welch

urban legend2

I kind of think Shelton wants to get away for a couple of years, then get back in it. Have known him for a while and I think it'd be hard for him to completely let go.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 15, 2014, 09:16:50 pm

Harv Welch
LOL !!! You beat me to it. Good ole Haaaarrrrrv !!!

Lionheart88

If PB really does strip Bobby Bolding of his AD duties, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump across town.  I don't know what they're thinking, demoting him after two straight WMS appearance, there's hardly a clearer slap in the face they could deliver.  Unless they're just trying to run him off for some reason.

Now, as a White Hall fan I sure hope PB rethinks it, I'd hate for us to have to face him, but I could see it happening.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 12:26:36 pm
If PB really does strip Bobby Bolding of his AD duties, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump across town.  I don't know what they're thinking, demoting him after two straight WMS appearance, there's hardly a clearer slap in the face they could deliver.  Unless they're just trying to run him off for some reason.

Now, as a White Hall fan I sure hope PB rethinks it, I'd hate for us to have to face him, but I could see it happening.

Unless I am wrong Shelton was not AD at Chapel so BB would face the same problem there. Unless the WC AD position is open.

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 17, 2014, 03:44:10 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 17, 2014, 12:26:36 pm

Unless I am wrong Shelton was not AD at Chapel so BB would face the same problem there. Unless the WC AD position is open.

I don't believe WC even has an AD so he might be offered that roll too.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on April 17, 2014, 12:06:02 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 15, 2014, 09:16:50 pm

Harv Welch
LOL !!! You beat me to it. Good ole Haaaarrrrrv !!!

I enjoy running that joke into the ground.  Haaaaaaaaaaarv!

AirWarren

GuvHog

According to a school board member (my brother), they are very seriously considering promoting the Junior High Head coach up to the Senior high HC. His name escapes me but me but Buck James was his mentor and his Junior High teams have been kicking some serious butt in recent years.

Lionheart88

April 18, 2014, 08:08:06 pm #15 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:04:04 pm by Lionheart88
Wasn't Coach Cantwell the Jr. High coach up until two years ago?  How long has this guy been running the show?

Absolut

I was really shocked to see the HC position for out team open up. To say I will miss Coach Shelton is an understatement. I loved his philosophy and attitude toward young men. I think this generation of kids growing up would be WAY better off if they had a disciplinarian like George Shelton. Six years ago when he took the job, I knew we had hit a homerun and he delivered big time. He put Watson Chapel football back on the map where it belonged after some lean years. I love the coach and the man and he'll be missed by the true WC family.

Absolut

The main two in house candidates would be Andy Mcready and Jared Dutton. McCready being the defensive coordinator and Dutton the junior high head coach. Andy has been with Coach Shelton at multiple stops including Augusta and WC. He recently put together arguably the best defense WC has had in Shelton's career, only giving up 11 pts/game in conference and 15 pts/game overall.

Looking back at last year's film of the junior high Wildcats, I've always been amazed how the junior high is running a more diverse offense than the high school. That's what Jared Dutton brings to the table IMO. The undefeated championship junior high team ran the Pistol, Diamond, and Shotgun formations, which I always thought was the best fit for our athletes.

Hoghead

Dare I say Van Paschal ! The people in Barton just got nerveous.

AirWarren

April 19, 2014, 12:02:42 am #19 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:04:34 am by AirWarren
Quote from: Hoghead on April 18, 2014, 11:53:24 pm
Van Paschal, Former Monticello and State champion Coach.
Blair Brown, Former Star City coach who is from Seark.

Both "possible" names for the WC or CF job.

Temprees

Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2014, 12:02:42 am

No thanks to Van Paschal.

AirWarren

State champion coach at Monticello. Who was ran out of town. Come on.

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2014, 01:23:24 am
Who was ran out of town. 
There you go talking about things you don't know anything about.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 18, 2014, 08:08:06 pm
Wasn't Coach Cantwell the Jr. High coach up until two years ago?  How long has this guy been running the show?

It's been longer than that. Jarred Dutton has been JR. High HC for at least 4 years.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on April 19, 2014, 10:23:27 am
Who was ran out of town. 
There you go talking about things you don't know anything about.

Troll job with a response just like clockwork :)

GuvHog

WC hired one of Monticello's State Championship Head coaches not too long ago and to say he was a BAD hire is putting it politely. No Thanks!

Panther87

Dutton was hired in 2012 as head jr high coach. That's 2 years!

Big Fan

Quote from: GuvHog on April 19, 2014, 02:12:05 pm

WC hired one of Monticello's State Championship Head coaches not too long ago and to say he was a BAD hire is putting it politely. No Thanks!
Hard to win without talent.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Big Fan on April 19, 2014, 11:17:58 pm

Which would be the exact opposite of the problem with moving from Monticello to Chapel.

zebradynasty

Not often we agree but this one...

Temprees

April 20, 2014, 01:51:45 pm #30 Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:56:02 pm by Temprees
Don't like the offense.  We have already been there and done that with Marion Glover's "3 yards and a cloud of dust" Wishbone.  He had won a State Championship also before coming to CF.  Not a lot happened during Glover's time in Camden, other than bore us to death with the offensive philosophy.

GuvHog

Quote from: Big Fan on April 19, 2014, 11:17:58 pm

The talent was there, the HC just quit coaching.

Temprees

April 23, 2014, 10:01:20 pm #32 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:11:52 pm by Temprees
According to the AAA website, the deadline for submitting applications for the WC head football coach job was yesterday (April 22).  Any one have info on who has applied?

SECFOOTBALLFAN

April 24, 2014, 04:41:43 pm #33 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:19:16 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

chapelnation

Word in the community is now jr. hi. head coach is going to hs & his replacement being a 2A, one year on the job coach with no football experience. That last part just makes no sense at all if it's true.  Interview everybody Chapel, it's the the law.  Tax payers are TIRED of paying for lawsuits because protocol is not followed.

zebrafan69

GuvHog

Quote from: chapelnation on April 25, 2014, 01:25:04 am
Word in the community is now jr. hi. head coach is going to hs & his replacement being a 2A, one year on the job coach with no football experience. That last part just makes no sense at all if it's true.  Interview everybody Chapel, it's the the law.  Tax payers are TIRED of paying for lawsuits because protocol is not followed.

The first part was expected but the second part puzzles me.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

April 28, 2014, 11:12:38 am #37 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:19:26 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

GuvHog

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on April 28, 2014, 11:12:38 am
The first part was expected?

The first part is the most puzzling.

How do you hire a guy who has been at Chapel 3 years, part of the JR HIGH staff for 2 over the DC?

Hasn't the DC been DC at 4 schools AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL?

Wasn't he Jr High head at Augusta?

Hasn't he coached o line, d line, line backers, d backs, special teams?

Doesn't he have numerous kids playing division 1 college football?

Hasn't he coached in 3 state championships and multiple semifinal games?

Didn't he have the best defense in 5A last year?

Surely the jr. High guys resume isn't this long? Doesn't HS DC have 15 years experience?

Guvhog, aren't you on the school board or something?

How can hiring the Jr high guy be expected??!!?!

Sounds like something is seriously wrong at Chapel. Seriously wrong......sounds like a lawsuit in the making

My brother is on the school board. What Jarred Dutton has done with the JR High team since he's been there is Phenominal and they are impressed with him. Don't be surprised if McCready decides to stay as DC and assistant head Coach.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

April 28, 2014, 06:06:21 pm #39 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:19:36 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

SECFOOTBALLFAN

April 28, 2014, 06:46:57 pm #40 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:19:47 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

Big Fan

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on April 28, 2014, 06:46:57 pm
But that just struck me as awful stupid Guvhog.
I see you know the Guv.     

GuvHog

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on April 28, 2014, 06:46:57 pm
The DC has been there for 6 years

According to fearless archives they've won 43 games, had 3 semifinal appearances, and 6 playoff appearances, all while posting multiple shut outs.

This after a dry spell with the previous staff.

But a guy who has 2 years coaching experience who (as it appears from the outside was given this job also) continued winning with the same kids as the previous JR HIGH head coach. Talking JR HIGH.

And you're saying it won't be surprising if the JR HIGH GUY WITH 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE gets it???

That clearly shows your agenda.

Not saying DC deserves the job. There may be more qualified applicants, surely there is. But that just struck me as awful stupid

A JR HIGH guy with 2 years experience as a head 5A coach? Over the DC guy?

I don't believe that for a second

Surely chapel isn't that screwed up and backwards

Wait

Wait

Wait

Guvhog. You got me hook line and sinker

Straight baited me

Sorry for replying to this fearless community. I was just taken aback for a sec.......baited me.......

:(. Silly me

I can't answer for what the school board is thinking with possibly making that move. I can tell you this: When the previous JR.High HC was at Chapel, he ran Shelton's system. Dutton came in and switched to a more wide open system (Pistol/Spread formations). Who Knows?? Maybe the board wants to get away from the Wishbone based system that Sheldon ran but they believe McCready would continue it.

zebradynasty

Well I wouldn't worry about a lawsuit. Once an applicant meets the minimum requirements you got some wiggle room on who to hire. Meaning a guy with the most credentials doesn't have to be the one you hire.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

April 29, 2014, 10:19:06 pm #44 Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:20:01 pm by SECFOOTBALLFAN

Big Fan

Jack1990

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on April 29, 2014, 10:19:06 pm
Guv, have you ever been to a chapel game?

CJ branch passed for 1,800 yards in 2009
Kyle Coleman passed for 1,700 in 2010
Jerome Eason passed for 1,200
San Antonio cole passed for 1,000

Then in 2013 you had 2 year all stater devote battles, keonte coplin, treyvon savage, tray woods, tre cole, and Terrance Bradley at RB

And a qb who ran a 5.2 40 and couldn't throw a 15 yard pass accurately standing still

What would you run the most in 2013?

Who did the jr high have?

Simeon Blair who the chapel community claims is the next NFL prospect out of pine bluff after the Zebras sophomore phenoms (supposedly he transferred to DWay)

The kid who should've been playing QB had been funneled to baseball........

Has dutton ever coached an offseason or is he a baseball coach?

So you're telling me that McCullough is the same kinda athlete as branch and Coleman and would've excelled in the spread?

I went to quite a few Shelton coached games during his tenure and have seen multiple formations everything from 1 back to twins to trips to 5W to the wishbone that all you 2014  7 on 7 punks hate.

Shelton never ran pistol? Go back and check out your game film from the past 6 years. A whole lot more offense than we ran under Baggett when I played on Hayden's defense.

Back to the point. You're telling me that you wouldn't try to quickly get the ball out of Mcculloughs hands to one of your good running backs?

Chapel had 1 WR last year

The #2 WR WAS DREW WADE.  HE IS 3' TALL

THAT WAS THE #2 WR

Guv. You're an idiot. You're truly an idiot.

Go watch a game before you make comments.

No wonder Shelton left with idiots like you influencing the program.

Wow

Run the spread with McCullough and drew wade?

Stick to your day job.
Without all the extra returns that whole statement would have been about 4 lines long...someone spends way too much time on the enter key.

Expodog

I have one question? Someone from WC can explain! Why is the Jr High not implementing the foundation for the scheme the high school is running. Seems counter productive.????

GuvHog

Quote from: Expodog on April 30, 2014, 09:25:49 am
I have one question? Someone from WC can explain! Why is the Jr High not implementing the foundation for the scheme the high school is running. Seems counter productive.????

I've been wondering the same thing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: GuvHog on April 30, 2014, 10:43:34 am
Quote from: Expodog on April 30, 2014, 09:25:49 am

I've been wondering the same thing.

trying to undermind the senior high coach, by going hey look my system works better than his?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas