• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A West Predictions and thoughts

Started by Bluepanther86, March 12, 2014, 08:39:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluepanther86

Start putting your predictions together!! the season will be here before you know it! What do you think about the west? 3 new teams, should be interesting. Can't wait!

The Future

The West may no longer be the best conference in 5A as far as power teams go, but its still keeping its tradition of being the most unpredictable and the most entertaining conference not only in 5A, but the whole state.

Alma leaving is a HUGE opportunity for every team left. Alma left, but not before establishing dominance as the West 7-0 champions. Had they stayed one more year, its no guess to who the conference champ will be.
Shiloh leaving also opens up playoff seeds and gets rid of a top contender. It took them a year to get use to it, but Floyd and company showed they can hang their own in 5A.
Speaking of them 2 teams, I really wish they stayed longer. At least one more cycle. This could have turned into a great rivalry.
Huntsville leaving can only improve the West's overall power rank. Whichever of Farmington, Maumelle, or LRC replaced Huntsville's spot, it is a definite improvement.

Now for the teams left. I'm looking at these 8 teams and I'm not liking what I'm seeing as far as playoffs go. Morrilton will more likely than not finish 7-0 champs first seed and be a toughie to beat in November. But other than that, I don't see anyone else stepping up and showing any dominance in conference. At least not this season anyways. You could give an edge to Vilonia, Harrison, and Greenbrier because of experience playing in the West and because they know what to expect and what to do. Clarksville raised some eyebrows last year and showed that it wouldn't be too farfetched to put the Panthers in playoff talk. LRC is returning to the West for the first time since making a 13-1 title appearance and lost in 2007. They were pretty good there for a couple years after, but then lost something. Will they be able to put it together and make something happen in the West?? I have absolutely no knowledge on Maumelle lol. From what I read on their teampage, they seem all over the place. Winning 5 games one year than making it to the second round the next. To their credit, they made it to the semis last season. The West might not know what to expect from Maumelle, which could work in their favor. Farmington from what I hear, as I don't spend any time almost on the 4A board, was a pretty decent 4A team, making at least the playoffs consistently. With new opponents and higher quality opponents, I see Farmington being lowman on the totem pole in their first year in the West.

Still to early to tell, but if I had to put one together now:
1. Morrilton: Finish as conference champs: Seems likely. Repeat as state champs: Easier said than done.
2. Greenbrier: Can they rebound from last year's disappointing season?
3. Harrison: Shocker putting Goblins as 3??? Maybe so. But if they do finish 3rd, I won't be surprised.
4. Vilonia: I guess the runhappy Eagles gotta be up here somewheres. Speaking of Vtown, wheres the yearly "This is our year" thread???
5. LRC: Starts out at number 5. But with some help along the way and some luck, the Warriors could surprise as a playoff team.
6. Clarksville: Has shown signs of being a spoiler team and upsetting their way to a 4th seed playoff showing. It could happen.
7. Maumelle: Coming off of a semifinal showing and entering a tougher conference and class may be a bit much too fast for Maumelle.
8. Farmington: I think with the right formula, they can be a pretty decent team in this conference. This year? Not so much.

As always, this is just opinion. And also as always, we're gonna have to wait til November to get the final picture. The only thing I'm real bothered by is that other than Morrilton and Greenbrier (minus last year), noone here will be able to make a legit state title run. There's a reason why the South is now the toughest conference in 5A. Morrilton and Greenbrier, its up to you guys to represent the West.

sevenof400

Quote from: The Future on March 13, 2014, 12:34:58 pm
.. Shiloh leaving also opens up playoff seeds and gets rid of a top contender. It took them a year to get use to it, but Floyd and company showed they can hang their own in 5A....

Since conversation is a bit slow these days, what are you basing this on? 

I think it is fair to say Shiloh was in far over their heads at the 5A level.....

The Future

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 13, 2014, 02:21:26 pm
.. Shiloh leaving also opens up playoff seeds and gets rid of a top contender. It took them a year to get use to it, but Floyd and company showed they can hang their own in 5A....

Since conversation is a bit slow these days, what are you basing this on? 

I think it is fair to say Shiloh was in far over their heads at the 5A level.....

No kidding lol. I'll check on here maybe 2 times a week and its no different than the last time.

I just think Shiloh moved up at a bad time. Every team and every coach has season that are "down" or "bad" compared to other years. Shiloh from 2005 to 2010 was a much different animal than Shiloh 2011 to 2013. Had Shiloh moved up a few years earlier, I think they would have done very well. In fact, in 2010 they beat the 2010 5A state champion Greenwood. Had they been in 5A, whose to say they wouldn't have won state that year?
After Frazier graduated, talent level just went down. You can't have 5 and 4 star recruits every year. 2011 and 2012 were Shiloh's down years. Lots of underclassmen and inexperience played a huge factor. And on top of that, in 2012 they moved up to 5A and a tougher schedule. Of course they were gonna take their bumps. But in 2013, when those inexperienced underclassmen gained experience and got better, look what happened. Finished 6-4, 5-2 in regular season and lost to a great Wynne team in the first round. Thats not a bad year considering their starting QB went out midway through the season.
It's very fair to believe Shiloh is in over their heads in 5A. But I think there is just as much proof saying that they belong in 5A instead of 4A.

AT

Agreed Future. This will be a very unpredictable conference.

Morrilton - Defending state champions but lose almost every key contributor except two linebackers I believe. Their program is at a crossroads of being a one hit wonder or an established success. Playoffs? Yes. Conference Champs? I see it as being tough.

Greenbrier - A pretty young team that gave Alma all they wanted towards the end of the conference season. They have a big QB that looked very good last year. I watched their tape against Batesville and I thought they looked better than Batesville for a quarter (that doesn't mean much, I know). I see them competing for the conference crown.

Harrison - They return a lot of good skill position guys and I think they get over the hump this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the conference at all. They fumbled away a win against Vilonia last year, lost on a late TD to Greenbrier, and lost to Alma on a turnover and penalty. They were a few plays away from a 2 or 3 seed.

Vilonia - I just don't know about the Eagles. They actually did throw the ball around quite a bit last year...especially against Alma. They'll be competitive but I see them in their usual fighting for a playoff spot position.

Little Rock Christian - I've heard a lot of good things about their new coach and although they struggled down the stretch last year, there's really no telling how good a private school will be from year to year. I think they fight for a playoff spot next year, but I doubt they win the conference or seriously contend for it.

Maumelle - I think this will be a solid addition to the 5A-West, but I do think 5A could prove to be a bit much for them at first. They lost to a below average Jacksonville squad in non conference last year and didn't play a very tough schedule. I see them competing for the 4 seed at best.

Farmington - I could be dead wrong, but I do not see this team competing for even a playoff spot this coming year. I think it's a good program that can get things going, but not for a little while. They do usually beat Huntsville in their little non conference rivalry game, but it's usually pretty close. I do think they will have some solid squads that compete for playoffs every once in awhile.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The Future on March 13, 2014, 03:52:27 pmYou can't have 5 and 4 star recruits every year.

Sure they can, but it depends on how many five and four stars area schools have.

whippersnapper

I really like Coach Weaver and the LRC Warriors to make a push for the play offs this year. As you go down in the grades the talent gets better. They will have quite a few sophomores and juniors making big plays. That may be a strength and weakness though. Until someone knocks morrilton off though they are #1. I think the warriors will be 2nd or 3rd. Especially if they can get momentum earlyin the year

The Future

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 14, 2014, 11:01:53 am
I really like Coach Weaver and the LRC Warriors to make a push for the play offs this year. As you go down in the grades the talent gets better. They will have quite a few sophomores and juniors making big plays. That may be a strength and weakness though. Until someone knocks morrilton off though they are #1. I think the warriors will be 2nd or 3rd. Especially if they can get momentum earlyin the year

It could happen. LRC is not a bad team by any means. Had all this switching conferences and classes and cycle stuff happened last season, I  could see them finishing 3rd or maybe even 2nd pretty easily. But with good talent returning in Harrison and Greenbrier, I see them along with Morrilton being the top 3 seeds. LRC will have to fight with Vilonia and Clarksville for the 4th spot.
Lookin forward to welcoming Weaver back to the West.

beach bum

What I like about this conference is it may not have what people are seeing as a title contender but also there is not a single "bad team" in this conference. I would be surprised if anyone went undefeated or if anyone goes 0-7 in conference play. Also, Morrilton kind of came out of nowhere so who knows for next year. People knew they were good but winning the title was a surprise. All in all this should be a good year coming up for close games.

Bluepanther86

Just my opinion, but I think personally that having returned almost everybody from last season except 6 players Greenbrier will be dangerous. Very dangerous, I think it comes down to Greenbrier, Harrison and Maumelle they have alot of talent. But with the other 3 teams moving to a bigger conference it might be a little much and they might not be as good... But that's just me. Greenbrier returns a player at every spot except corner... But everyone on this team played quite a bit last year. So with how greenbrier coaches get their teams together i can see maybe a new King in the west, having two Quarterbacks return will help with the offense and help fire all the cylinders. Defense returns everyone from d-line to linebacker we lose a safety and two corners but we have backup players that played them spots this past season..... as of now, the team to beat is obviously the bulldogs but I think Greenbrier on down the stretch is gonna be one hard team to beat. I might be wrong but, these kids are hungry for success and want to win that title and win state.

Fballfan05

Morrilton will return there best runningback from last year and 3 starting o-lineman. They will struggle at QB and wide receivers a bit though. Defense loses 3 very good d-lineman and most of the secondary. 3 good linebackers coming back will carry the defense and runningback will carry the offense. They have a chance to be good but will not be near as good as last years state title team.

ArkHog#7

March 18, 2014, 01:17:38 pm #11 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 01:02:14 pm by ArkHog#7

The Future

Quote from: ArkHog#7 on March 18, 2014, 01:17:38 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on March 13, 2014, 08:01:24 pm
Agreed Future. This will be a very unpredictable conference.

Morrilton - Defending state champions but lose almost every key contributor except two linebackers I believe. Their program is at a crossroads of being a one hit wonder or an established success. Playoffs? Yes. Conference Champs? I see it as being tough.

Greenbrier - A pretty young team that gave Alma all they wanted towards the end of the conference season. They have a big QB that looked very good last year. I watched their tape against Batesville and I thought they looked better than Batesville for a quarter (that doesn't mean much, I know). I see them competing for the conference crown.

Harrison - They return a lot of good skill position guys and I think they get over the hump this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win the conference at all. They fumbled away a win against Vilonia last year, lost on a late TD to Greenbrier, and lost to Alma on a turnover and penalty. They were a few plays away from a 2 or 3 seed.

Vilonia - I just don't know about the Eagles. They actually did throw the ball around quite a bit last year...especially against Alma. They'll be competitive but I see them in their usual fighting for a playoff spot position.

Little Rock Christian - I've heard a lot of good things about their new coach and although they struggled down the stretch last year, there's really no telling how good a private school will be from year to year. I think they fight for a playoff spot next year, but I doubt they win the conference or seriously contend for it.

Maumelle - I think this will be a solid addition to the 5A-West, but I do think 5A could prove to be a bit much for them at first. They lost to a below average Jacksonville squad in non conference last year and didn't play a very tough schedule. I see them competing for the 4 seed at best.

Farmington - I could be dead wrong, but I do not see this team competing for even a playoff spot this coming year. I think it's a good program that can get things going, but not for a little while. They do usually beat Huntsville in their little non conference rivalry game, but it's usually pretty close. I do think they will have some solid squads that compete for playoffs every once in awhile.

Guess Clarksville isn't playing?

Just playing around, but they could show some improvement next season with a new coach in place at Clarksville. Should be exciting to watch.

LOL poor Clarksville. Always forgotten.

Clarksville did show some improvement last season. But a new coach on the scene could either work on that improvement or cause them to start back at square 1.
If this new coach can point Clarksville in the right direction, they could turn into a legit 3rd seed team.

The Future

The West may no longer be the best conference in 5A as far as power teams go, but its still keeping its tradition of being the most unpredictable and the most entertaining conference not only in 5A, but the whole state.

Alma leaving is a HUGE opportunity for every team left. Alma left, but not before establishing dominance as the West 7-0 champions. Had they stayed one more year, its no guess to who the conference champ will be.
Shiloh leaving also opens up playoff seeds and gets rid of a top contender. It took them a year to get use to it, but Floyd and company showed they can hang their own in 5A.
Speaking of them 2 teams, I really wish they stayed longer. At least one more cycle. This could have turned into a great rivalry.
Huntsville leaving can only improve the West's overall power rank. Whichever of Farmington, Maumelle, or LRC replaced Huntsville's spot, it is a definite improvement.

Now for the teams left. I'm looking at these 8 teams and I'm not liking what I'm seeing as far as playoffs go. Morrilton will more likely than not finish 7-0 champs first seed and be a toughie to beat in November. But other than that, I don't see anyone else stepping up and showing any dominance in conference. At least not this season anyways. You could give an edge to Vilonia, Harrison, and Greenbrier because of experience playing in the West and because they know what to expect and what to do. Clarksville raised some eyebrows last year and showed that it wouldn't be too farfetched to put the Panthers in playoff talk. LRC is returning to the West for the first time since making a 13-1 title appearance and lost in 2007. They were pretty good there for a couple years after, but then lost something. Will they be able to put it together and make something happen in the West?? I have absolutely no knowledge on Maumelle lol. From what I read on their teampage, they seem all over the place. Winning 5 games one year than making it to the second round the next. To their credit, they made it to the semis last season. The West might not know what to expect from Maumelle, which could work in their favor. Farmington from what I hear, as I don't spend any time almost on the 4A board, was a pretty decent 4A team, making at least the playoffs consistently. With new opponents and higher quality opponents, I see Farmington being lowman on the totem pole in their first year in the West.

Still to early to tell, but if I had to put one together now:
1. Morrilton: Finish as conference champs: Seems likely. Repeat as state champs: Easier said than done.
2. Greenbrier: Can they rebound from last year's disappointing season?
3. Harrison: Shocker putting Goblins as 3??? Maybe so. But if they do finish 3rd, I won't be surprised.
4. Vilonia: I guess the runhappy Eagles gotta be up here somewheres. Speaking of Vtown, wheres the yearly "This is our year" thread???
5. LRC: Starts out at number 5. But with some help along the way and some luck, the Warriors could surprise as a playoff team.
6. Clarksville: Has shown signs of being a spoiler team and upsetting their way to a 4th seed playoff showing. It could happen.
7. Maumelle: Coming off of a semifinal showing and entering a tougher conference and class may be a bit much too fast for Maumelle.
8. Farmington: I think with the right formula, they can be a pretty decent team in this conference. This year? Not so much.

As always, this is just opinion. And also as always, we're gonna have to wait til November to get the final picture. The only thing I'm real bothered by is that other than Morrilton and Greenbrier (minus last year), noone here will be able to make a legit state title run. There's a reason why the South is now the toughest conference in 5A. Morrilton and Greenbrier, its up to you guys to represent the West.

Well with the news of Buck James heading to LRC, this changes everything in the West. I originally had LRC finishing 4th or 5th this season. But this new change could bump LRC up. If LRC can get a game plan together and Weaver and James work out a great offense, its very possible for LRC to move ahead of Vilonia and Harrison and contend with Greenbrier and Morrilton for the title. Seeing how other than Morrilton, there really isn't any powers anywhere, its not out of the question for a proven coach in James to come in with some ideas and really push the Warriors to conference title contention. I'll wait and see how their preseason goes and the first 3 weeks of play before I decide for certain, but I think I might have to change my pick.

Morrilton I think is still the lock for champ
Greenbrier and LRC will contend for second and third
Harrison and Vilonia will fight for the last seed
Rest is the same as my previous pick

sevenof400

rona

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 19, 2014, 07:42:22 pm
Who is Buck James?

Previous Head Coach at Camden Fairview and probably the best O-Line Coach in Arkansas High Schools.

DogsWin7

Quote from: rona on April 19, 2014, 09:50:02 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 19, 2014, 07:42:22 pm
Who is Buck James?

Previous Head Coach at Camden Fairview and probably the best O-Line Coach in Arkansas High Schools.

You're kidding?  Lol!!!  :)

MoTownDog

Quote from: Fballfan05 on March 16, 2014, 04:54:34 pm
Morrilton will return there best runningback from last year and 3 starting o-lineman. They will struggle at QB and wide receivers a bit though. Defense loses 3 very good d-lineman and most of the secondary. 3 good linebackers coming back will carry the defense and runningback will carry the offense. They have a chance to be good but will not be near as good as last years state title team.

Aggreed.  However, Morrilton's line will be the biggest in 5A by far.  I added it up and their average weight was 305 lbs for all 5 lineman!  Combine that with our running back and our new QB (who just ran a 4.5 40), we may be ok this year. 

MoTownDog

LRC must think they have something to move back up to the 5A.  Shiloh lost talent so they will go back down to 4A for a little while. Back and forth, back and forth.  Must be nice to be a private school and have money. 

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

InYoGrill

Future, aren't you a Gwood chiwowow dog? What's up with all the word on 5A west? You miss us or something?

BTW- this is V's year. We got the talent, experience, and desire to win the 5A West this year. Mtown will be very tough, Gobs are better and return a good team, and Briar-wanna-be-gwood will get boot stomped this year so I think we gonna make a good run this year.  ;D ;D

The Future

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 24, 2014, 10:26:29 am

Future, aren't you a Gwood chiwowow dog? What's up with all the word on 5A west? You miss us or something?

BTW- this is V's year. We got the talent, experience, and desire to win the 5A West this year. Mtown will be very tough, Gobs are better and return a good team, and Briar-wanna-be-gwood will get boot stomped this year so I think we gonna make a good run this year.  ;D ;D

Ya got me Grill! The 6A has its perks and has a few people worth talkin to. But it just ain't the good ol 5A West.

There's also more going on here. Last I checked the only talk in 6A world is how Benton will do haha. Not exactly big news....

Grill, how many titles would Vtown have if every time Vilonia claimed "our year", it actually happened?? Haha. The Eagles always seem to have talent, skill, and the will to win. I've seen then win games that many picked them to lose. They certainly have what it takes. But they also have a habit of not meeting expectations.

4th seed again for the Eagles :)

Brier wanna be gwood. +1. That's funny.
Give em some credit. They do have "Green" in their name lol

sevenof400

Don't mess with V in the spring.....

InYoGrill

Quote from: The Future on May 25, 2014, 01:31:25 pm

Ya got me Grill! The 6A has its perks and has a few people worth talkin to. But it just ain't the good ol 5A West.

There's also more going on here. Last I checked the only talk in 6A world is how Benton will do haha. Not exactly big news....

Grill, how many titles would Vtown have if every time Vilonia claimed "our year", it actually happened?? Haha. The Eagles always seem to have talent, skill, and the will to win. I've seen then win games that many picked them to lose. They certainly have what it takes. But they also have a habit of not meeting expectations.

Haha... Future, it's not hard getting you dawgs to sniff over here on the 5A board. We invite you anytime. From what i hear with Bville splitting soon and this and that possible reclassification scenarios, you never know if Almut and you pups may come back down to the real conference.

We should have about 7 crowns if all the smack was backed up on the win columns the last several years. LOL! We just need to be consistent with our talent. Some years we have good team speed and some size, most years less size and team speed. Unfortunately it always seems to play out that we get picked early on as a 4th seed and end up there as well with our traditional first round beat down. Hope things change starting this year. Every sport this past SR class did well in except football. Soccer- conf champs, baseball conf champs, track- STATE CHAMPS (3RD YEAR in ROW!!!), bball whole lot better this year.Our kids play hard and are always winners no matter the W/L column.

Go Eagles!

Uncle Ivan

Go Postal

May 26, 2014, 10:30:02 pm #25 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:33:20 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: InYoGrill on May 25, 2014, 10:13:41 pm
Quote from: The Future on May 25, 2014, 01:31:25 pm

Haha... Future, it's not hard getting you dawgs to sniff over here on the 5A board. We invite you anytime. From what i hear with Bville splitting soon and this and that possible reclassification scenarios, you never know if Almut and you pups may come back down to the real conference.

We should have about 7 crowns if all the smack was backed up on the win columns the last several years. LOL! We just need to be consistent with our talent. Some years we have good team speed and some size, most years less size and team speed. Unfortunately it always seems to play out that we get picked early on as a 4th seed and end up there as well with our traditional first round beat down. Hope things change starting this year. Every sport this past SR class did well in except football. East Soccer- conf champs, baseball conf champs, track- STATE CHAMPS (3RD YEAR in ROW!!!), bball whole lot better this year.Our kids play hard and are always winners no matter the W/L column.

Go Eagles!
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 25, 2014, 11:34:01 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 25, 2014, 01:41:44 pm

"The Boys of Spring"
I'm very impressed with Vtown this year on those other sports.  Congratulations Eagles!  I'm also impressed that 6A Greenwood boys made it to the 6A Championship game in that sport that shalt not be named in Alma.  First time ever.  Congratulations to the Bulldogs!
Speaking of that sport, Congratulations to:

1.  The 5A South conference boys on getting the all South Championship game.  First time.

2.  5A De Queen boys on having a perfect season and getting their 5th State trophy.  First time trophy in the 5A.

3.  7A Bentonville boys/girls winning and getting to 8 State Championships for all conferences since 1998.  Moving up on PA boys/girls with 9.

4.  6A Siloam Springs girls winning the Championship game.  First time.

5.  4A Green Forest boys winning the Championship game.  First time.

6.  5A Harrison girls winning their 4th State Championship.  This win puts Harrison boys/girls tied for 1st place with 6A Searcy boys/girls for 10 State Championships.  Lady Goblins are the only public school that has made it to the 5A girls Championship finals in this sport since 2002.

7.  5A Harrison boys making it 13 straight years to the semis since 2002.  (Harrison girls have lost 2 before the semis) I have to check my 1998 to present records, but I think that this might be a record for any conference.

8.  This might be the first year that a private school on any conference that didn't win a Championship game, or at least since we reclassified as 7A down to 4A.

9.  Thank goodness that Vilonia boys/girls come back to where they belong in the West in this sport on next cycle.  Along with LRCA, Maumelle and Farmington in any sport.  Should be a interesting West in all sports.

nuff said on that sport that shalt be named in Alma, back to football...

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Go Postal on May 26, 2014, 10:30:02 pm

Speaking of that sport, Congratulations to:

1.  The 5A South conference boys on getting the all South Championship game.  First time.

2.  5A De Queen boys on having a perfect season and getting their 5th State trophy.  First time trophy in the 5A.

3.  7A Bentonville boys/girls winning and getting to 8 State Championships for all conferences since 1998.  Moving up on PA boys/girls with 9.

4.  6A Siloam Springs girls winning the Championship game.  First time.

5.  4A Green Forest boys winning the Championship game.  First time.

6.  5A Harrison girls winning their 4th State Championship.  This win puts Harrison boys/girls tied for 1st place with 6A Searcy boys/girls for 10 State Championships.  Lady Goblins are the only public school that has made it to the 5A girls Championship finals in this sport since 2002.

7.  5A Harrison boys making it 13 straight years to the semis since 2002.  (Harrison girls have lost 2 before the semis) I have to check my 1998 to present records, but I think that this might be a record for any conference.

8.  This might be the first year that a private school on any conference that didn't win a Championship game, or at least since we reclassified as 7A down to 4A.

zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Go Postal

sevenof400

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 27, 2014, 11:39:36 pm

zzzzzzzzzz

Unfortunately Ivan, you've just fairly well summarized the bulk of American football there. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 28, 2014, 07:09:59 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 27, 2014, 11:39:36 pm

zzzzzzzzzz

Unfortunately Ivan, you've just fairly well summarized the bulk of American football there. 

In the West - absolutely.  Mules fighting over a turnip.

Big Fan

and desire to win the 5A West this year.
Desire will do it every time. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Fan on May 28, 2014, 08:08:38 pm
and desire to win the 5A West this year.
Desire will do it every time.

Hey best friend, what's going on down in Billie goat country? Since those golden years when V last played yall, you goats kinda suk billie droppings. LOL! Are you still in 3A?  ;D

Big Fan

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 28, 2014, 08:21:20 pm
Since those golden years when V last played yall, you goats kinda suk billie droppings.

So you can relate? 

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Fan on May 28, 2014, 08:27:47 pm
Since those golden years when V last played yall, you goats kinda suk billie droppings.

So you can relate?

Haha...  nice comeback. What happened to you all? That Van Paschal coach the difference or just great run of athletic classes dried up?? That one year you won state, I think you had about 25-30 sr's. You had us in that first rd when your young men walked on to the field for warmups. I was down there and thought "OH MY!"

Big Fan

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 28, 2014, 09:45:18 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on May 28, 2014, 08:27:47 pm

So you can relate?

Haha...  nice comeback. What happened to you all? That Van Paschal coach the difference or just great run of athletic classes dried up?? That one year you won state, I think you had about 25-30 sr's. You had us in that first rd when your young men walked on to the field for warmups. I was down there and thought "OH MY!"
VP was good.....that group of 27 seniors was better.  We'll be back. 

Had a chance to recruit some of the V players back during your championship run in '04. 

AT

Didn't Vilonia play a lot of young kids last year because of injury? It hurt last year, but could help this year if they stay healthy.

InYoGrill

Trackster, V played an enormous amount of 10-11 graders, a lot due to all the major injuries that hit the SR's plus if I remember right the SR class was under 20. The 9th graders coming up are very talented. I hope a lot of them play football in high school. They were a joy to want in JR high. The brier bunch also moving up is very loaded and with another Burcham. Coach Stanley's kid is a monster, very tall and athletic.

Bluepanther86

What are your thought's about the panthers this year? Been hearing great things about them.

Hoghead

Quote from: Fballfan05 on March 16, 2014, 04:54:34 pm

LOSING QB TONY HAWKINS is the big hurdle. That guy was a handful !

Chief_Osceola™

"The Boys of Spring"

Off-season state champs.  Every. Single. Year.  It's easily reached dynasty status.

Go Postal

Morrilton beat everyone last year to get the championship.  About time, very impressed.  Lost some good players for this year.
Vilonia juniors/sophomores stepped up last year.  I was impressed.  Coming back with them this year.
Greenbrier/Harrison had high offense/lower defense last year.  Impressed/depressed.  Both teams should have worked on their defaults with a lot of players back and should be contenders for the West conference champs this year.
Clarksville has two years under their belt in the 5A West, don't under estimate them.

Then we have the newcomers...

LRCA, been in the West before. No Dyer this time, but knows how to play in the 5A West.  Contender.
Maumelle/Farmington.  New blood in the 5A and the West.  Still not known, could upset everyone others games.

Love to see how this season plays out.

Hoghead

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 21, 2014, 02:08:42 pm

Kinda like Watson Chapel. They dropped down from 6A and swore they would own 5A. They haven't even won the conference since dropping down to 5A !  LOL !!!

"The Boys of Spring"

Off-season state champs.  Every. Single. Year.  It's easily reached dynasty status.

incogneto

Any shakeups to 5A West predictions?

DogsWin7

Quote from: incogneto on August 17, 2014, 12:05:57 pm
Any shakeups to 5A West predictions?

You tell us....   Do you have any thoughts on this years teams?   Anyone know anything about Clarksville??   They have a new Coach this year in football. 

Welcome to FF!   :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas