• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Woes

Started by Chip, February 15, 2011, 07:43:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chip

Morrilton's woes can be directly tied to leadership.  there is none. how many school districts  can say their superintendent, high school principal, junior high school principal, and head high school football coach live OUT of the district? they are not committed, also the AD is a puppet.  their athletic programs across the board are a joke!  when are the good people of morrilton going to wake up and take their school back?

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chip on February 15, 2011, 07:43:34 pm
Morrilton's woes can be directly tied to leadership.  there is none. how many school districts  can say their superintendent, high school principal, junior high school principal, and head high school football coach live OUT of the district? they are not committed, also the AD is a puppet.  their athletic programs across the board are a joke!  when are the good people of morrilton going to wake up and take their school back?

You M folks spun this mess up a lot last summer in your search for a savior coach. I guess things still haven't changed?

RD™

YOU HAVE a good football coach, Morrilton is going to be good this year and not the gimme game it was.

Valleysports

Heard the football team is busting butt this Off Season - what have you been seeing Chip?

Paw-Paw

Quote from: PC™ on February 15, 2011, 08:01:31 pm
YOU HAVE a good football coach, Morrilton is going to be good this year and not the gimme game it was.

Quote from: Valleysports on February 15, 2011, 08:40:20 pm
Heard the football team is busting butt this Off Season - what have you been seeing Chip?

I have been hearing the same things. The Devil Dogs are going to not be a slouch in the 5A West, but one thing this 2011 Team needs to understand that if you don't bring your best week in - week out; you are gonna get your tail beat. Despite all efforts, being focused, and putting in the time for that particular week you can still get beat. Anybody can beat anybody in this conference (*Huntsville is stretching the truth though).

I don't know what is going on, but like the "Former mod known as RDTM" said YOU HAVE A GOOD COACH.

Holds a big club

I have been around the head Dog @ Morrilton
he is a great guy and a great coach
They do work very hard in offseason
hang on Dog fans!! it will get better
Good luck Dogs!!

TTofGreenwood

o.k. I'm an idiot...Remind me who their coach is again? 

Chip

A letter in the morrilton paper stated that the track,paid for by Morrilton citizens, is no longer open to the public nor can it be used for Relay for Life. I guess since the supt. or principals or others do not live in morrilton, they dont care about the fine citizens of Morrilton. Morriltons new motto:GOOD ENOUGH FOR A PAYCHECK,BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO LIVE IN

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Chip on February 19, 2011, 03:08:14 pm
A letter in the morrilton paper stated that the track,paid for by Morrilton citizens, is no longer open to the public nor can it be used for Relay for Life. I guess since the supt. or principals or others do not live in morrilton, they dont care about the fine citizens of Morrilton. Morriltons new motto:GOOD ENOUGH FOR A PAYCHECK,BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO LIVE IN

That can't be right. If it is paid for through tax dollars then it is able to be used for Public Use. I would double check the information or scan the paper into your computer then upload it so the FF board can read it for ourselves.

That is strange. ???

Chip

Paw-Paw go to headlightnews.com page 6...letters to the editor and see what you think. Who is the A.D. there and what kind of job is he doing?

DeepCoverage

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Chip on February 19, 2011, 05:39:22 pm
Paw-Paw go to headlightnews.com page 6...letters to the editor and see what you think. Who is the A.D. there and what kind of job is he doing?

What date and which archive? I have the options for Conway County and Petit Jean County.

Chip

same paper....go to this weeks edition on right of page...go to page 6 and click on page and read letters to the editor

Valleysports

February 19, 2011, 09:42:18 pm #13 Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:53:21 pm by Valleysports
That last incident with Bubba parading Betty Jean (camo bikini - riding hay wagon - pulled by four wheeler) round n round the track, wouldn't have been so bad if Bubba would've flipped the tongue jack up.   

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Chip on February 19, 2011, 08:59:20 pm
same paper....go to this weeks edition on right of page...go to page 6 and click on page and read letters to the editor

http://media.iadsnetwork.com/quickpagepdf/pdfs/403000/403416.pdf

Here is the link for those interested. I smell Lawsuit brewing. Go under the "Readers React" in the middle of the page and it is the article to the right.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Paw-Paw on February 19, 2011, 10:39:21 pm
Quote from: Chip on February 19, 2011, 08:59:20 pm

http://media.iadsnetwork.com/quickpagepdf/pdfs/403000/403416.pdf

Here is the link for those interested. I smell Lawsuit brewing. Go under the "Readers React" in the middle of the page and it is the article to the right.

Or better yet

To the Editor:
Morrilton High School has
always allowed the community
to walk and run on the
school track. However, with
the taxpayers' money the public
school has decided to build
a new track. Since the track has
been completed, the school has
denied all access to the public.
Michael Baxter, a recent student
of Morrilton High School
and now a Conway County citizen,
had this to say, "I guess
taxpayers can't run on a track
we paid for. What's next? We
can't drive on the roads we
paid for either." He is definitely
not the only one that is upset
about the issue.
However, the real issue that
arises is when the community
asked to use the track for the
Relay for Life. For years the
Morrilton High School has
housed the Relay for Life.
Many people come to this
event to donate and to honor
those who have passed away
because of cancer or support
the survivors. With the new
track, school administration is
now stating that this event is
no longer allowed to take
place there. That would be
okay for the participants if
they had somewhere else that
they could do this event. But
unfortunately, Morrilton High
School is the only place that
had a big enough track for
participants to walk and has
benches for others to sit.
At this time, Relay for Life
is being held nearby at the
University of Arkansas Community
College. The real
problem is that the community
college does not even have
a track nor a place to walk.
The volunteers are having to
do the relay in the college
parking lot. For those people
who just want to donate to
the cause but not actually
participate, they will have to
stand for the entire event.
Curtis Dixon stated, "Of
course it would be better at
the high school. You'll have
somewhere to sit during the
slide show of those you are
honoring that passed away....
Where are the elderly supposed
to sit?" This is a question
that has been raised by
the American Cancer Society
among many other questions.
To deny the community
access to something that they
have paid for is wrong. It is
even more upsetting when
they are denying the community
of something that can
benefit everyone.
Shawna Dixon

Hoghead

Sorry to hear about the woes at Lazarus High. Things may improve this year but they wont beat Greenwood.

Valleysports

Quote from: Chip on February 19, 2011, 05:39:22 pm

It is a Letter to the Editor!  Just because the paper published someone's letter, doesn't mean it's totally accuratel.  Wonder why they closed off the track?  Chip is there a different AD than the one you were hatin on all of last year?

athletic supporter

The AD is Trent Tipton. He is also the boy's basketball coach. Trent is a great guy who is not appreciated in MoTown. If hew ever decides to leave remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side. MoTown folks always think they can do better. I guess running off FB coaches hasn't proven that has it?

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Hoghead on February 19, 2011, 11:32:00 pm
Sorry to hear about the woes at Lazarus High. Things may improve this year but they wont beat Greenwood.

Great post

It has meaning, i think

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 19, 2011, 02:31:35 pm
o.k. I'm an idiot...Remind me who their coach is again?

Seriously!  I don't know!!???

athletic supporter

TTofGreenwood

Thank You!  What is this kids pedigree?  Someone said earlier that he was a good/great coach.

athletic supporter

I believe he was the OC at Russellville before taking over at MoTown.

Valleysports

He was the DC for Russellville and one of the reasons Russellville went 8-3 (2nd in 7A Central) for several consecutive years.  He was the strength training coach and the enthusiasm/motivation for the players.  The 1st and last to leave the field house every day.  This reputation has been told to me by past players and coaches.  He was a standout while playing at Tech.   I've never met the man,  but I have watched him adjust defenses and come up with some outstanding game plans.  He's been touted, many times, as an up and coming coach in Arkansas and Russellville knew the day was coming. 

When he left Russellville, the feeling was O Crap! Russellville went 2-8 last year.  The next thought was - why the heck did he go to Morrilton, he certainly could've done better than that.  And from what I've read on ff - there might be some truth to that.  Hopefully there are just a lot of sour grapes and he'll be able to break the pessimistic attitude that grips that town.

Father Guido

Quote from: InYoGrill on February 15, 2011, 07:49:48 pm
Quote from: Chip on February 15, 2011, 07:43:34 pm

You M folks spun this mess up a lot last summer in your search for a savior coach. I guess things still haven't changed?

...it's a new year.  Just go back and pull up one of the old threads from last year,...or the year before,...or the year before...and post it here.  Save people time and effort.  Might need to change a few names here and there, but it's pretty much the same old song, everybody just dances a little diffently these days.

Hoghead

Pumping Sunshine are we RD ? It aint gonna happen at Lazarus High.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Hoghead on February 22, 2011, 06:27:38 am

Pumping Sunshine are we RD ? It aint gonna happen at Lazarus High.

Another fine observation Hh.

Coach D

February 22, 2011, 08:47:15 pm #28 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:48:51 pm by Coach D
I also heard today this guy just needs time, but he does need to move to Morrilton

athletic supporter

His wife is the girl's basketball coach at Dardanelle. She makes more than he does. I'm sure if MoTown would hire her then they would move. Until then, live with it!

Valleysports

Quote from: Coach D on February 22, 2011, 08:47:15 pm
I also heard today this guy just needs time, but he does need to move to Morrilton

Why?  Seriously I have know ideal if any of my high school coaches lived in my town or not.  They might've lived in the Field House for all I know - that's the only place I ever remember them.  Do you want him to shop at your local grocery store? Are you concerned about his safety on the road?  Does he need to be on call in case of an emergency?  What do you Morrilton people do, that requires your coach to live in Morrilton?  I'd be freaking afraid to live in Morrilton, if I was the coach!  ::) 

BTW - do you know where he lives?

DB

Here's the thing.  What you people don't understand....

Nevermind.  I just don't have the interest anymore.

Father Guido

Quote from: DB on February 24, 2011, 09:51:02 pm

Dude, some of those Pixar movies are awesome aren't they?  heehee.

DB

Quote from: Father Guido on February 25, 2011, 05:12:49 am
Quote from: DB on February 24, 2011, 09:51:02 pm

Dude, some of those Pixar movies are awesome aren't they?  heehee.

I think it depends on your state of mind. ;-)

clipping

Who would want to live in Morrilton?

TTofGreenwood

InYoGrill

Quote from: clipping on February 27, 2011, 08:50:03 pm
Who would want to live in Morrilton?

Devil Dogs gonna get yeah.

DeepCoverage

Morrilton has clean and good tasting water

and they are a long way from Mansfield, and all you okies

Chip

show me one athletic program in morrilton that is succeeding, shouldn't that be tied directly to the AD and Superintendent? 

I say clean house and start over

it is an embarassment to say I went to school there, much less say that I PLAYED there!

Chip

if morrilton doesn't get rid of adams, tipton, "no balls" stobaugh, and people like that then morrilton's athletics are DEAD! end of story

good luck to you mo-town folks!!!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Chip on March 11, 2011, 03:43:49 pm
if morrilton doesn't get rid of adams, tipton, "no balls" stobaugh, and people like that then morrilton's athletics are DEAD! end of story

good luck to you mo-town folks!!!

Soooooo.......you aren't a "mo-town folk"? Then why do you care? BTW, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Motown4life

Just keep up with Atkins and Dnelle there Athletic supporter.  They are in alot worse shape than Motown is in.  Yeah lets hire his wife because she would fit right in with Motown.  I think she finished dead last for the last 3 years.  Valley you can stop with all the high hatting of Russellville to Morrilton.  Last time I checked you guys were just average at everything as well.  You can't even get a lake in your town named after you, so keep up with the redneck jokes and keep eating Petit Jean hot dogs.  LOL  Our Sup, Principals and Head Coach won't live in our community and that is our fault.  We allow this.  It is embarrassing.  We are Lazurus high until we change it.  Our kids are of low socioeconomic families and are motivated by trust and caring.  If they only see you at football practice then they can't relate to you.  Unless you are a part of the community and they can see you away from practice then you are just a coach no matter how good you are.  One coach on staff has Motown ties.  Good luck instilling Motown pride.  Just a job to some.  Maybe I am wrong.  Just a citizen's opinion.  :)  Go Dogs!!!! 

Chip

athletic supporter, I currently do not live in Morrilton, but I grew up there, played there, still have family there.  It makes me sick to my stomach to see what they have become.  There has not been QUALITY leadership there since Dr. Fullerton retired.  I wish the good people of Morrilton would stand up, have a backbone, and do something about it instead of letting these outsiders run it into the ground and just be around to pick up their paycheck. 

adams and tipton need to be the first ones to go!

cyclones_52

I played for Russellville when McNabb was DC, on offence i remember having nightmares of having his defence run against us in practice. I was glad i never had to face it in a game. His defences are built around blitzing, speed, quickness, and athleticism. Last time i checked Morrilton had a lot of that. Look at Andrew Tryon, he left Morrilton and transfered to Russellville and blossomed in Coach McNAbb's offence, setting the Russellville school record for number of interceptions in a season. So I now there are athletes there. That Crisswell kid y'all have at running back up there, is awesome. I saw him play against Russellville last year, is he still on the team? cause if so i think if y'all have better quarterback play, which you should, then i think Morrilton will will score enough points and their defence, in their second year in the system, will be a lot different and Will be able to get big stops. I feel the Dogs can grab the fourth or third playoff spot in the 5A west. Now the year after that i expect them to challenge Greenwood, i really do. Morrilton should be thankful for to have Coach Mac,

Valleysports

April 12, 2011, 01:55:01 pm #44 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:38:59 pm by Valleysports
They don't get it or even want too - Cyclone52!  Look at that post Motown4life posted - that's one of the saddest post I've ever seen.  If he/she is the parent of a football player, what does McNabb have to work with? No offense Motown - it's just so desperate sounding.

Motown4life - even though I'm not from Russellville - I've been real impressed with how that 6A school has competed in the 7A.  3 of last 4 yrs - 2nd or 3rd in 7A Central Football, 7A State Championship Game Soccer, 2nd 7A Central Girls Basketball, and keep your eyes on Baseball (3rd 7A Central - headed to 6A Playoffs), 6A East Track Championship 268 pts (155 pts more than 2nd place team) edit: make that 6A State Track Champions by more than 50 points  ;)  We might have one of our best football teams, ever, coming up  ;)  I'll look up Tennis, Swimming, and some other sports for you.  I mean seeing as how
QuoteLast time I checked you guys were just average at everything as well.

Hey I'll tell you this - the boys that really love football are in the local gyms around town.  Back to Basics, Fitness Center, Proving Grounds, Maxx's.  They're not waiting on the football coach to decide their future, they're charting their own course.  There is a gym opening on the Atkins Exit - the owner knows how to build speed & power (played for Atkins/Tech).  Might want to check it out.

cyclones_52

Valley, the problem with people in Motown is that they aren't patient. That 2005 run to the state championship kinda spoiled them I think.  I watched a few Morrilton games that they put on line form this season, and the play by play guys were just 2005 this... 2005 that... That is the problem, it isn't 2005 anymore and y'all need to quit comparing things to that. Instead y'all need to focus on what y'all need to do to get back there, and y'all now have the coach to take you back to that point. 

I know when I played, I would spend a lot of time outside of off season conditioning down at the fitness center lifting and getting stronger. Coach McNabb installed that drive in me. I still use it, maybe not in football, but in my classes and in my life all together. I will be a better man, because of Coach and McNabb and all my coaches at Russellville.

Oh, one more thing Valley, you seem to be more closely associated with the football program at Russellville now. How are they looking, do you see us making the 6A playoffs this year? Last year kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Personally I think we need to bring back the 3-4 defense, we just don't have the size up front to run a 4-3, we never really have.

Valleysports

QuoteOh, one more thing Valley, you seem to be more closely associated with the football program at Russellville now. How are they looking, do you see us making the 6A playoffs this year? Last year kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Personally I think we need to bring back the 3-4 defense, we just don't have the size up front to run a 4-3, we never really have.

I'd be very excited if McNabb was still there.  However, the new DC came in on a down cycle, last year, so we can't compare Apples to Apples yet.  The bulk of the talent is finishing up 10th grade off season.  Cyclone52 – we have athletes spread out all over that field - the ones making those gains in the local gyms.  You know the concern with a few key positions though – starting with inconsistency at QB.  I know the kids think they're going to win the State Championship, in the next year or two.  All the ingredients are there!  If we're playing Morrilton again, this year, McNabb won't be able to hold the 6A Goliath back!  Of course the roll is reversed when we step up to play in our 7A Goliath Conference.  But we have stones for our Slingshot - I'm cautiously very excited about the 6A Playoffs - we're still on the young side as of April 17th.  Coaches are very upbeat!  Yes!  ;)

Valleysports

May 16, 2011, 08:31:00 pm #47 Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:42:22 pm by Valleysports
Motown I've been updating this as we go - but can't hardly keep up - sorry I havn't looked up tennis, swimming, golf, etc. yet...  No need to respond - I'm just updating!

Motown4life - even though I'm not from Russellville - I've been real impressed with how that 6A school has competed in the 7A.  3 of last 4 yrs - 2nd or 3rd in 7A Central Football (state semi-finals), 7A State Championship Game Soccer, 2nd 7A Central Girls Basketball, and keep your eyes on Baseball (3rd 7A Central), 6A East Track Championship 268 pts (155 pts more than 2nd place team) edit: make that 6A State Track Champions by more than 50 points  ;)  We might have one of our best football teams, ever, coming up - see you game 1 ;)  I'll look up Tennis, Swimming, and some other sports for you.  I mean seeing as how
QuoteMotown4life - March 16, 2011, 10:00:48 PM - Last time I checked you guys (Russellville) were just average at everything as well.
Congrats to Russellville boys and girls on making it to the 6A Soccer Championship

Hogskin

Morrilton looks like a solid playoff contender. Greenwood will be 1, Greenbrier 2 and the rest is wide open with little talent anywhere else

BillyJack™

From a talent stand point Morrilton has always looked like a solid playoff contender, but scarsly pulls the talent together to make a serious run for it.

This years final 4 will be Greenwood (duh), Greenbrier, Alma and Siloam Springs.

Anyone can have a banner year but,

Huntsville is still playing out of their league

Morrilton is unorganized

If Cambell and Vines are any indication, Harrison will start going through the "Changing of the Guard" Blues.

Vilonia has to catch up to the times and give up on what they think is a misdirection offense.

Geenwood's been rock steady since Coach Jones took the reigns. No indications this season will hold any supprises there.

Greenbrier now has a Coach Tribble, who knows how use talent and a Senior QB that's already proven a force to be reckoned with.

Coach Dilbeck has made steady progress with the new system since taking over at Alma and this year has a solid talent pool that knows the system to draw from.

I have no tangible indications from Siloam Springs that says this will be a season to bet on a run other than the proposed move to the 6A being motivation to show they belong at a higher level. I believe that'll be the edge that gets them the 4 seed in the West this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas