• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A East District @ Bigelow

Started by BigLion10, February 05, 2018, 12:40:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Any predictions for tourney seeding??

FromTheBench

Girls

1. Quitman
2. Pangburn
3. England
4. Hector
5. Conway Christian
6. Bigelow
7. St. Joseph
8. White County Central
9. Jacksonville Lighthouse

Boys

1. White County Central
2. England
3. Quitman
4. Jacksonville Lighthouse
5. Conway Christian
6. Pangburn
7. St. Joseph
8. Hector
9. Bigelow

BigLion10

Brackets and Seeds are out
Girls
1. Quitman
2. Pangburn
3. Hector
4. England
5. Conway Christian
6. Bigelow
7. St. Joe
8. White Co
9. Lighthouse

Boys
1. WCC
2. England
3. Quitman
4. Lighthouse
5. Conway Christian
6. Pangburn
7. Bigelow
8. Hector
9. St Joe

BigLion10

February 07, 2018, 12:22:24 pm #3 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:28:44 pm by BigLion10
Girls First Round

Game 1 Tues 4:00
Quitman vs. Lighthouse/WCC

Game 2 Tues 6:30
Pangburn vs. St Joe

Game 3 Wed 4:00
England vs. Conway Christian

Game 4 Wed 6;30
Hector vs. Bigelow

Semis

Game 5 Thur 4:00
Game 1 vs. Game 3

Game 6 Thur 6:30
Game 2 vs. Game 4

Championship
Saturday 6:00

BigLion10

Boys First Round

Game 1 Tues 5:15
White Co vs. Hector/St Joe

Game 2 Tues 7:45
England vs. Bigelow

Game 3 Wed 5:15
Lighthouse vs. Conway Christian

Game 4 Wed 7:45
Quitman vs. Pangburn

Semis

Game 5
Game 1 vs. Game 3

Game 6
Game 2 vs. Game 4

Championship
Saturday 7:45

BW2015

Predictions for finals? 

I've got Quitman over Pangburn in the finals of the girls.  Not sure on the boys side.

BigLion10

I got England and WCC in the boys final

Ctucker

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 07, 2018, 03:19:24 pm
I got England and WCC in the boys final
Thats who I got too also I've them in final of regionalS but got to watch out for Quitman they got pretty solid team I'm like a guy said in another thread how did Quitman loose 11 games!

BigLion10

No doubt about it CT, I got us and Quitman, and y'all and Lighthouse in the semis

FromTheBench

1-4 is definitely much better than the rest of the field this year in boys. Girls it will Pangburn and Quitman. The boys is going to be exciting, but I got Qutman and White County in finals.

Cheek

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 09, 2018, 11:14:42 am
1-4 is definitely much better than the rest of the field this year in boys. Girls it will Pangburn and Quitman. The boys is going to be exciting, but I got Qutman and White County in finals.

More likely England and LH. 

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on February 09, 2018, 06:23:26 pm
More likely England and LH. 
doubt that LH has never beat WCC even when they had Doakes!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 09, 2018, 06:29:38 pm
doubt that LH has never beat WCC even when they had Doakes!

There is always a first. Has WCC ever made it to Hot Springs.

Ctucker

No but neither has LH so if you going to mouth say something that makes sense!

Ctucker

And besides kids from Earle and Marktree nobody else has either!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 09:13:07 pm
No but neither has LH so if you going to mouth say something that makes sense!

Wasn't trying to "mouth".  WCC typically has a good team, and I was curious if WCC had ever played for a State Title. 

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on February 10, 2018, 09:42:03 pm
Wasn't trying to "mouth".  WCC typically has a good team, and I was curious if WCC had ever played for a State Title. 
My bad Cheek sorry! Heck last year was our first year to make state! Good luck to y'all!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 09:50:05 pm
My bad Cheek sorry! Heck last year was our first year to make state! Good luck to y'all!

Y'all too.  England success this year is a complete shock to me.  There are no true stars on the team, and it is working for them.  After the first couple of games, I thought they would be lucky to go 500.  Coach Houser has done an outstanding job.

The only concern I have about this tournament season is how the flu will effect teams. We have already had some of our better players out with the flu, and almost had to cancel school due to the number of students out this past week.

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on February 10, 2018, 10:09:55 pm
Y'all too.  England success this year is a complete shock to me.  There are no true stars on the team, and it is working for them.  After the first couple of games, I thought they would be lucky to go 500.  Coach Houser has done an outstanding job.

The only concern I have about this tournament season is how the flu will effect teams. We have already had some of our better players out with the flu, and almost had to cancel school due to the number of students out this past week.
Yes y'all came out of no where this year a coach with a plan and kids that will buy in is a great thing in high school basketball! Are boys are usually not the most talented but they play defense hard and coach always has a plan for game and it's different from team to team we play! I'm glad y'all got a good coach! Atleast it looks like he is a dandy with the turn around y'all have had this year!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on February 11, 2018, 08:20:53 am
Yes y'all came out of no where this year a coach with a plan and kids that will buy in is a great thing in high school basketball! Are boys are usually not the most talented but they play defense hard and coach always has a plan for game and it's different from team to team we play! I'm glad y'all got a good coach! Atleast it looks like he is a dandy with the turn around y'all have had this year!

We have had a good Coach the past few years.  Our old Coach, and now Superintendent, lead us to a State Title  in 2015.  I think we made the State Tournment every year he  coached. We did not expect much this year with zero starters returning and only three seniors.   One of our seniors who played as a freshman on the 2015 team couldn't play this season due to a football injury.

WCC does have a very good Coach and gets all he can out of his players.  I love watching games that are like a chess match.  I love tournament time.

Ctucker

Yes yalls other coach was great. I didn't mean for it to sound like that! I'm just glad the replacement  was good too! I think u knew what I meant just wanted to clarify!

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 10, 2018, 09:15:43 pm
And besides kids from Earle and Marktree nobody else has either!
UMMM, that's a big negative right there...many more have been.

Ctucker

Quote from: MomaLion on February 12, 2018, 05:52:25 am
UMMM, that's a big negative right there...many more have been.
no it's not how many kids on Clarendon boys team this year has ever played in the finals of state finals! Might be one or 2 on EPC team maybe

MomaLion

The question was "Has WCC ever made it to Hot Springs?"
To which you responded "No but neither has Lighthouse." Then "Besides MT and Earle,  nobody else has either."
This is implying that no other team has been to finals. And yes,  most of our Seniors were at finals in 2014 as Freshmen.

Ctucker

Ok 3 or 4 teams is that when Cedar drummed all! And I was meaning players but you and ole Bildo are just so smart!

Ctucker

They would have been in the eighth grade so no they didn't 2014,15,16,17 this year is 2018!

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2018, 10:08:18 am
Ok 3 or 4 teams is that when Cedar drummed all! And I was meaning players but you and ole Bildo are just so smart!
Wow... don't get so defensive when someone points out that you were mistaken. You are very opinionated... that's not a bad thing but opinions leave a lot up for interpretation. When someone rebuts you with facts, you get defensive. Don't take it so personal... geez!

Ctucker

I wasn't mistaken Clarendon kids in 2014 done graduated if they was in ninth grade !

Ctucker

Bildo

I am referencing the conversations between you and I... you brought me into the conversation

Ctucker

I guess you would have to remind me what your talking about?im not as smart as you!

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2018, 11:51:52 am
I guess you would have to remind me what your talking about?im not as smart as you!
Thanks for proving my point....

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 12, 2018, 09:21:18 am
The question was "Has WCC ever made it to Hot Springs?"
To which you responded "No but neither has Lighthouse." Then "Besides MT and Earle,  nobody else has either."
This is implying that no other team has been to finals. And yes,  most of our Seniors were at finals in 2014 as Freshmen.

Momalion,  if you had players on the 2014 team as freshman,  they are not eligible this year.    England had one Sr.  this year that was a freshman on our 2015 State Title Team.   When you enter the 9th grade you have four consecutive years of eligibility and not five.

Ctucker

England is the other team I couldn't think of thank you cheek!

Ctucker

February 12, 2018, 02:24:13 pm #34 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:26:00 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: Bildo on February 12, 2018, 11:56:03 am
Thanks for proving my point....
you never proved me wrong on any thing I can find!

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on February 12, 2018, 01:16:48 pm
Momalion,  if you had players on the 2014 team as freshman,  they are not eligible this year.    England had one Sr.  this year that was a freshman on our 2015 State Title Team.   When you enter the 9th grade you have four consecutive years of eligibility and not five.
You're right, my bad...they would have been in 8th grade that year.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2018, 10:08:18 am
Yes, we got beaten badly by Cedar Ridge...but at least we have been there  :o :o :o

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2018, 10:12:33 am
They would have been in the eighth grade so no they didn't 2014,15,16,17 this year is 2018!
Yea, yea, I miscounted...however that doesn't detract from the way you worded your post...many teams have been there.

Ctucker

I said kids from them schools but I was wrong England still has one and EPC probally does! And ever body knows more than 2 teams have ever been there that's why I said kids! Have a good day!Seems weird all these kids you watch all the time you couldn't remember if there still in school are you sure yalls not playing some ineligible players.lol

MomaLion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 13, 2018, 06:09:50 am
I said kids from them schools but I was wrong England still has one and EPC probally does! And ever body knows more than 2 teams have ever been there that's why I said kids! Have a good day!Seems weird all these kids you watch all the time you couldn't remember if there still in school are you sure yalls not playing some ineligible players.lol
lol...we don't play ineligible players...you're confusing us with Earle

Ctucker

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 12, 2018, 02:24:13 pm
you never proved me wrong on any thing I can find!
Be careful what you ask for... read the post below

Bildo

Quote from: Ctucker on February 13, 2018, 06:09:50 am
You were wrong ... want me to point out some more or are you done with the finger pointing?

Ctucker

I said kids from Marked tree and earl only thing I was wrong about was England still had kids and maybe EPC! Bildo if you got a real problem with me private message me

Bildo

You said that I have not proved you wrong on anything. I just stated a fact.

Ctucker

What fact? I said kids from what else did I say there! There is only 4 teams in 2a boys that could have possibly played in state finals!

Ctucker

And it might only been 3 but I'm figure EPC had one or two maybe!

Ctucker

BW2015

Quote from: Ctucker on February 13, 2018, 05:54:38 pm
WCC 43 St Joe 16 at the half.

I'm assuming Quitman girls won the first game.

Ctucker

I'm sure was not there I'm watching on live stream I would say they won by a bunch. WCC 65 st Joe 23 starting 4th.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas