• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CABOT AD

Started by Sporty, December 06, 2016, 02:31:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sporty

Who will be Cabot's new Athletic Director now that Steve Roberts has taken a job with the AAA?

Fanofsports

Hope they get a good one. Big shoes to fill. Noticed they are starting to take applications

Brian G

My guess?  a certain basketball coach.

fatfamily

I just hope that certain changes are made in areas that really need to be addressed. I had the same hope back when Roberts was hired, and it didn't happen then so very doubtful it will now.

Sporty

Quote from: fatfamily on December 07, 2016, 12:29:08 pm
I just hope that certain changes are made in areas that really need to be addressed. I had the same hope back when Roberts was hired, and it didn't happen then so very doubtful it will now.
Like??

And I don't see an old basketball coach being hired. This is a very administrative job now.

OwlFan4

Would love to see Cabot alum Johnny Johnson, who I believe is Russelville's AD now.

thebigshot

Whoever Cabot hires, hopefully they will force the football coach into retirement. He needs to retire and let someone else come in that will bring a passing game. Cabot should had won a championship by now with the talent they have had past several years.

SackAttack

Easy hire---- Jerry Bridges. Nothing left to prove nothing left to gain. Previous AD experience at Mountain Home. If he wants the job but Cabot is still run by Malham so that will be a factor

Sporty

Quote from: SackAttack on December 08, 2016, 03:18:22 pm
Easy hire---- Jerry Bridges. Nothing left to prove nothing left to gain. Previous AD experience at Mountain Home. If he wants the job but Cabot is still run by Malham so that will be a factor

Don't see him wanting to get out of coaching.

Trojanball24

The former AD at Searcy a couple years back would be the perfect hire here if he is ready to get out of coaching.

purpleswag

Quote from: thebigshot on December 08, 2016, 03:12:02 pm
Whoever Cabot hires, hopefully they will force the football coach into retirement. He needs to retire and let someone else come in that will bring a passing game. Cabot should had won a championship by now with the talent they have had past several years.

thebigshot

Quote from: purpleswag on December 09, 2016, 07:40:08 pm

Not sure how you think I know it all out of what I posted? It's the truth. You must be a Markham supporter, his been there every since Cabot became a town and needs to retire. Can't help but to think his holding that program back from going into a positive direction. But yeah apparently to you I know it all....

ricepig

Quote from: thebigshot on December 10, 2016, 05:27:08 am

Not sure how you think I know it all out of what I posted? It's the truth. You must be a Markham supporter, his been there every since Cabot became a town and needs to retire. Can't help but to think his holding that program back from going into a positive direction. But yeah apparently to you I know it all....

I'm sure he knows the name of the coach, versus a name of a street in L.R.......

Pat Swilling

Jimbo Morphis

Who is this Markham you speak of?

Pat Swilling

purpleswag

I think we should eliminate all coaches and just let the dads in the stands call the plays. Maybe dedicate a section to dads who want to complain about the refs as well.

PA Dad

Quote from: purpleswag on January 10, 2017, 12:45:18 pm
I think we should eliminate all coaches and just let the dads in the stands call the plays. Maybe dedicate a section to dads who want to complain about the refs as well.

+1.  Certainly most dads (and some moms) think they can do a better job than the coaches or officials.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: PA Dad on January 10, 2017, 01:59:31 pm
+1.  Certainly most dads (and some moms) think they can do a better job than the coaches or officials.
Baseball is much worse. It's slow enough all the moms gripe about coaching.

ricepig

Quote from: Oldman on January 11, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
Baseball is much worse. It's slow enough all the moms gripe about coaching.

"Keep your elbow up"........"just throw strikes".......I actually yelled that last one to mine once, he said, "Dad, I'm not trying to the balls". We laughed and I told him I'd quit yelling that one at him.

Pat Swilling

R. A.™

Sporty

Heard interviews have been set.

Fanofsports

Redwolves8526

Fanofsports

He is a Cabot native. He coached at Cabot then moved to Northwest AR and I believe coached at Bentonville. This past year he worked at Auburn for Malzahn. His wife is also from Cabot and is a teacher.

Cabotfan

Quote from: Fanofsports on May 03, 2017, 03:59:50 pm
He is a Cabot native. He coached at Cabot then moved to Northwest AR and I believe coached at Bentonville. This past year he worked at Auburn for Malzahn. His wife is also from Cabot and is a teacher.

Is this official, rumor, or your pick?

Walter

Cabotfan

Cabotfan

Thanks again. Good read!

Lions84

Air Raider

May 23, 2017, 03:38:19 pm #32 Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:40:17 pm by Air Raider
Status quo. Nothing will change.  Cabot will continue to be Cabot, and the Malham faithful will continue to be satisfied with a winning season, a conference co-championship, and making it to the first round of the playoffs. 

I like his quote in the article:

Coleman said former assistant football coach Charles Donham was umpiring summer baseball and asked Coleman why he didn't play football.
Spurred on by that, Coleman went to the football field and worked out with his best friend and Cabot quarterback Brian Morris, catching passes. He said Malham called him over and asked him if he was new to Cabot, knowing full well that he had lived there most of his life.
"[Malham] said, 'Thanks for coming out. I wish you had gone through offseason,'" Coleman said. "He is that way today. I respect that. I would like to have played, but I didn't go through offseason, and offseason football at Cabot is tough. You don't pay the price; you don't get to reap the rewards."

So if I'm following that, he is saying is that Malham knew he lived in Cabot all his life, and "pretended" like he didn't know.   ???   Not sure what purpose that served. 

You don't pay the price, you don't reap the rewards.

What's wrong with a kid wanting to play a spring sport?  Cabot's lost a lot of good football players over the years because of that mentality.  Yeah the kids pay a price, but so does the football team as they have lost some good kids over the years who didn't want to miss half of baseball practice every day because after school spring football workouts are mandated for even two sport athletes.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas