• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5AA North Girls District Tournament

Started by L8R_H8R, February 15, 2006, 05:53:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

L8R_H8R

February 15, 2006, 05:53:10 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 10:56:54 am by L8R_H8R

Here is the FINAL 5AA North Girls District Tournament bracket. Good luck in the regionals!  ;)

Mark Few's pupil

Go Big Black

It's really nice to see the girls getting a little attention.  My daughter plays for Bigelow and I have to say that I am so proud of them for making it this far.  It's been a tough season for them and they've gotten negative comments about their playing all year.  They can be so proud of themselves, especially in the last game and winning in double overtime.  They are going to Regionals and no one thought they had a chance!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Go Big Black on February 16, 2006, 10:34:45 am
It's really nice to see the girls getting a little attention. My daughter plays for Bigelow and I have to say that I am so proud of them for making it this far. It's been a tough season for them and they've gotten negative comments about their playing all year. They can be so proud of themselves, especially in the last game and winning in double overtime. They are going to Regionals and no one thought they had a chance!

Go Big Black, give your daughter some props! What number is she? I was at the game against Ola and was impressed by the determination of the Lady Panthers.

L8R_H8R

Speaking of Props ... I would like to give props to Abundant life freshman Hannah Pastor who played her first game with the Senior girls after a spectacular season with the JR girls. Coach Mosley put her in midway into the 3rd quarter. Abundant Life trailed Episcopal Collegiate 17-31 at that point. Pastor began her typical aggressive style of basketball by driving into the lane and scoring as well as her menacing defense. The final score of the game was 49-46 Abundant Life.

Props to Episcopal as well. Their game plan was to shut down Senior Katie Mitchell and Junior standout Sierra Durham. They did an excellent job of that.

Congrats to Abundant Life for earning a trip to the regionals!  ;)

P.S. No, I am not her dad or a family member, just a fan.

Go Big Black

Quote from: youthguy on February 16, 2006, 10:40:48 am
Quote from: Go Big Black on February 16, 2006, 10:34:45 am
It's really nice to see the girls getting a little attention. My daughter plays for Bigelow and I have to say that I am so proud of them for making it this far. It's been a tough season for them and they've gotten negative comments about their playing all year. They can be so proud of themselves, especially in the last game and winning in double overtime. They are going to Regionals and no one thought they had a chance!

Go Big Black, give your daughter some props! What number is she? I was at the game against Ola and was impressed by the determination of the Lady Panthers.

Thank you.  She is number 34.  She been playing with a broken toe and pulled tendons in her heel for about 3 weeks, so she's not at 100%, but she gives it all she can.  She's strong on defense.

And props to Abundant Life also, they have really impressed me this year.

BUCKET

PerryvilleFan#1!!

Perryville Girls are playing great right now can't wait till regional because it's being held in Perryville!

Phs2007fan

Go Perryville Sr. Girls...Wasn't the last time you played the Bigelow Sr. Girls @ their gym the score was 70-30.

Go Big Black

Quote from: Phs-Mustang on February 16, 2006, 11:05:15 pm
Go Perryville Sr. Girls...Wasn't the last time you played the Bigelow Sr. Girls @ their gym the score was 70-30.

Yes, that's right, they did beat us that bad, and I only hope that their coach doesn't allow that to happen this time.  He hasn't let that happen in any other game this year, when he could have easily.  But hopefully our girls can be more challenging this time.  I am so proud of our Panthers, we'll probably be #2 in Districts - who woulda thought!

BUCKET

February 17, 2006, 09:37:09 am #10 Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 09:41:31 am by BUCKET
Amen sister.  Way to go girls.  Props to Coach Taylor on the best coaching move I have witnessed in awhile.  Way to coach Taylor.  Coach Campbell is a great guy I'm sure he won't run it up, at least on purpose.  But, sometimes you can't help it.  Go Panthers!!! ;D  ;)

Wraith

What was this best coaching move?  I missed the game Thrusday.

old_school

The girl's were up two with 1.7 seconds on the clock.  Arkansas Baptist was at the line for two shots.  After the first shot was missed Coach Taylor called a time out to ice the shooter.  When play resumed as soon as the girl from baptist got the ball half of the girl's from Bigelow stepped into the lane.  Why, you ask?  Down two with one shot left Baptist had to miss and try for the offensive rebound, instead they would have to keep shooting until they made a shot.  It turned out that the girl did not hit the rim which resulted in a double violation ( jump ball ) Bigelow had the arrow.

Stevo50

Great call, the bad part was Baptist should have had the arrow.  Just a few seconds before that there was a jump ball and Bigelow got the ball.  The table forgot to change the arrow.  She even told the refs that she forgot, but the ref said we have to by the book.  the rest is history.  That mistake did not cost Baptist the game, but you hate to see that.  I did like the purposeful lane violation, never seen that before.  I was surprised the ref even knew the correct rules.

mudturtle

Wow, I was there, but never figured out what was going on.

mudturtle

Perryville women by a lot
ECS over AL by about 5

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas