• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-aa junior high district tourni.

Started by CHAMPION_#1, February 01, 2006, 06:55:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RATTLER43

Quote from: hornets11 on February 08, 2006, 01:32:16 pm
cheating would be like paying the refs....and seeing how much the teachers and coaches at hackett make i dont think that they have enough to pay them.

...refs are contracted well in advance from associations and are always paid. Even when some games seem to be onesided in officiating I still believe that most officials are trying to make the correct calls. Sometimes a loosely called game is an advantage to one side or a tightly reffed game might help one team more. Even some (many, sometimes) bad calls are made in one direction but are unintentional. There are a few exceptions, but not that many.

ColonelReb

wonderboys must know  alot about hornets11

CHAMPION_#1

does anybody know the scores from tonights games, and if so plz post the matchups for thursdays games.

little john lover

Danville Jr High boys beat J. C. Westside last night, they play again tonight at 5:30. I'm not sure who they play though.

FOOTBALL TIGER

They play Charleston. They played a great 4th quarter. If they will play 4 quarters like the 4th one last night they stand a good chance on winning. Good luck JR. Boys

-Painted Fan-

...refs are contracted well in advance from associations and are always paid. Even when some games seem to be onesided in officiating I still believe that most officials are trying to make the correct calls. Sometimes a loosely called game is an advantage to one side or a tightly reffed game might help one team more. Even some (many, sometimes) bad calls are made in one direction but are unintentional. There are a few exceptions, but not that many.
I work with a couple of referees (one that reffed the Charleston vs. Danville sr. high game) and they both told me something a few years ago that kinda blew my mind.  When one team gets way ahead (a mercy rule game, or one close to it), they will do something called Advantage/Disadvantage, usually in the second half, and it favors the team that's behind. 

ColonelReb

of course that's what they do, and that's what they did when danville was at charleston last game...when they were up by 20

pistol

Last time I checked a ref's job was to call a even game for both teams, protect the players from getting hurt, and try to be noticed as little as possible.  Never heard they should decide the outcome of a game or how close the score is.  It happens though, because I have also heard a ref say the same thing. Hard to treat them like professionals when they don't act professionally.    How about that second and third squad on the winning team that never gets to play and wants to get into the game.  They lose playing time thanks to refs who like dictating games.

RATTLER43

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 09, 2006, 10:48:21 am

I work with a couple of referees (one that reffed the Charleston vs. Danville sr. high game) and they both told me something a few years ago that kinda blew my mind. When one team gets way ahead (a mercy rule game, or one close to it), they will do something called Advantage/Disadvantage, usually in the second half, and it favors the team that's behind.

...I have heard of it and seen it in action when the scores are lopsided but seldom when games are closer than 12 points. I despise the notion. Just call the game, be consistent, and be fair.  As always there are exceptions. I remember one night at Charleston......   ;D  ;D  ;D

wonderboys

My only statement about that whole thing is: Do the rules change just because one team is up by a lot?

ColonelReb

apparently! Danville jr girls won tonight BIG!!! danville jr boys...a disappointing loss to charleston. should have been closer than it was, but no excuses. they played hard but in the end, it wasn't good enough. props to both teams and keep on truckin jr girls!

hornets11

hackett jr boys beat lavaca 35 - 32 

hackett vs charleston in the ship

repeat of last year?

wonderboys

If hackett boys won last year then I hope that it is a repeat.

-Painted Fan-

February 10, 2006, 04:17:55 pm #63 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 04:19:40 pm by -Painted Fan-
Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on February 09, 2006, 10:55:21 am
of course that's what they do, and that's what they did when danville was at charleston last game...when they were up by 20
Well, I guess that's what they've been doing for the Danville boys the past ... oh, forever.  Tell me this.  Before this year, exactly WHEN was the last time the Danville boys teams beat Charleston?  At anything?  How many times have the Tigers mercy ruled the Johns?   And the girls split last years games 3-3.  Before that?  That's what I thought.  Charleston OWNED Danville before this year.  That is a fact you can't deny.  Enjoy it while you can.  Charleston will be back on top where we belong.  And Danville will be back where they belong- barely making it to Regionals.  And the BC's before this year?  Non-existant.  And if they were- a non-factor.
Oh, and don't even pretend that the refs I was talking about reside in Charleston.  One lives in Hackett, the other Greenwood.  There are no refs that live in Charleston that I know of.

CHAMPION_#1

junior high district, not senior high anything. lets keep it at that ok.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: CHAMPION_#1 on February 10, 2006, 04:39:17 pm
junior high district, not senior high anything. lets keep it at that ok.
Hey, Boogie boy was the one that brought up the game.  I was just telling him how the cow eats the cabbage.
See, here's the thing:  I have talked to friends all across the state- Hackett, Lavaca, Hughes, Junction City, Harding Academy- and they all told me the same thing.  They have stayed off the DANVILLE BOARD.  I have to admit, I even quit coming on here for awhile, and I got to thinking- Why?  I don't remember HSV selling the rights of the AA basketball board to the Bleacher Creatures.  ANYONE can come on here.  It's just that there might be a thread here or there about one of these other schools, but there are like how many threads about Danville?  And if someone posts something about another school, somehow it gets turned into a Danville thread. 
Like I've said before, enjoy it while you can.

CHAMPION_#1

i was speaking in general, if i was talking just to u then i would of quoted u.

tigers1

tiger jr. boys 30 hackett 29
Danville jr. girls won by 6 i think in OT don't turn this into a danville thread because i put there name in it

CHAMPION_#1

two great games, lady tigers almost pulled it out. but what a win by charleston boys, down something like 6 points going into the fourth quarter and comeback. they played a great 4th quarter with that press. hackett probably had 5 or 6 turnovers in about 2 minutes.

wonderboys

That is wild to hear that the boys game ended up with that low of a score. When I left it was still the first quarter I believe and Hackett was up 14-8. Congrats to Charleston though.

During the Charleston vs. * game, Charleston played what I would think would have had to have been their best defensive game of the season. The Charleston coaches prepared their team well. In the end * just seemed to make the big plays when needed. And Jenny Redfern from * had what must have been her best free throw shooting game of the season. Congrats to the Tigers for their season and a Huge Congrats to the *   *   * for there 1-loss season.

CHAMPION_#1

charleston beat hackett twice this year.

CHAMPION_#1

redfern had a very good game, she shot the ball well and made her freethrows when she needed to.

ColonelReb

get real. so you DO know the refs...HA told you! shmokin cheaters!
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on February 10, 2006, 04:17:55 pm
Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on February 09, 2006, 10:55:21 am
Well, I guess that's what they've been doing for the Danville boys the past ... oh, forever.  Tell me this.  Before this year, exactly WHEN was the last time the Danville boys teams beat Charleston?  At anything?  How many times have the Tigers mercy ruled the Johns?   And the girls split last years games 3-3.  Before that?  That's what I thought.  Charleston OWNED Danville before this year.  That is a fact you can't deny.  Enjoy it while you can.  Charleston will be back on top where we belong.  And Danville will be back where they belong- barely making it to Regionals.  And the BC's before this year?  Non-existant.  And if they were- a non-factor.
Oh, and don't even pretend that the refs I was talking about reside in Charleston.  One lives in Hackett, the other Greenwood.  There are no refs that live in Charleston that I know of.

tigers1

nice use of * wonderboy.  I do think that the girls at least didn't get blown out again.

wonderboys

Quote from: orangecrush on February 16, 2006, 09:49:37 am
nice use of * wonderboy. I do think that the girls at least didn't get blown out again.

i know that the girls didn't get blown out, it was a tough game for both teams

tigers1

mistype i was there i played for chs boys i meant to say i'm happy the girls....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas