• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigelow Panthers

Started by rempster87, September 22, 2005, 09:55:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Big_Hornet

well guys i hate to say this but bigelow will have problems this year bringing a state championship home the little HACKETT HORNETS will give yall a run weve beat some really good teams we have a deadly man to man and just as good with the zone we can shoot out side or throw it in to SWEETEN that kid is an animal a white boy 6'5 260 can dunk it off of two steps or well he could he has a slight tear in his ACL now and it takes 4 now and only if his knee dont give out on him our team will give yall a run and dose anyone know Mae kunckle ?? she knows the big post from hackett . good luck with yalls confrence panthers  HORNET OUT

Wraith

If he has a slight tear he should rest it and not play on it.  But yeah this topic is old....

The_Big_Hornet

yea but the boys from hackett aint smart enought they have too much heart

BoDid 4 Heisman

Wraith

I had to work this week during the tournament on both days so I can break it down to you from heresay....

The first game was complete garbage against Vilonia and they lost 71-41.  I think Reggie Evans had 17-18 pts.  But still..... they didn't play as a team and didn't shoot well. 

Today they played Guy-Perkins.  The game was fast-paced at first with Guy "snow-birding".  They have done this since before I graduated and it is annoying lol.  But whatever wins you a game then by all means do it.  Stuart Pinson had 25 pts. and Reggie Evans was held to single digits bc they box-and-one'd him.  Smart bc he is one of the best and smartest ball-handlers in the state.  Someone had to step up and Pinson did, but it wasn't enough.  They lost by 12 or 14, not sure on the final score. 

They next play at Hector in a conference game on Tuesday.  Let you know what goes on then.  Later.

truth_is_trey

Evans ended up with 12... bigelow has to stop somebody on defense if they wanna win period.

Wraith

Thanks for the insight.... man how did he score 12 when he was double-teamed all night even when he didn't have the ball...

Nash Fan

Danville beat Magazine last night 57-34.  Did Magazine beat Bigelow?

Wraith

Yeah, but they played like crap.  And missing Hood is hurting them bad.  If they had Hood they would be undefeated or have 1-2 losses.  They have had to play Vilonia twice this year and last year they did the saem and lost to them twice.  So with Hood they would easily make it back to state finals.  But w/o him, they have to improve a whole lot as a team.

John M.

Quote from: Wraith on January 02, 2006, 01:29:10 pm
Yeah, but they played like crap. And missing Hood is hurting them bad. If they had Hood they would be undefeated or have 1-2 losses. They have had to play Vilonia twice this year and last year they did the saem and lost to them twice. So with Hood they would easily make it back to state finals. But w/o him, they have to improve a whole lot as a team.

I disagree Wraith even with a healthy Daron Hood Bigelow will not make the state finals.Heck if the 3 best teams{BIC,Charleston,Altheimer}hadn't been on the same side of the bracket they wouldn't have made it last year.

Wraith

You can't take that away from them bc Hughes was a very good team that they played and they were like nothing Bigelow has ever seen.  Maybe that might have been true.  But that is how the bracket is set up.  With Hood this year.  They could have a very good chance to win state this year.  Listen..... in the game he got hurt.....  he hit two threes and had  9 points and had like 4 rebounds and 3 assists in only 2 1/2 minutes before he landed on the guy's foot after he blocked him (I think?)  So say what you want, but he is the best overall player in AA period.

herws

Hood played hard in spurts but then disappeared, like he did in the Hughes game. I still say Kevin Brown, even though a junior, is better than Hood. When Hood gets to college, and he will go somewhere. probably in the GSC, that is an issue that will be fixed and I think Hood will be a better college player than he was a high a school player.

John M.

Please don't misunderstand Wraith I think Hood is a very talented player and like herws I think he'll be a solid college player.BUT!I don't believe he's the best player in AA or the type of player that can carry his team on his back when he needs to.So unless they get an even more favorable draw than last year I see no way that get a repeat to the finals.

Wraith

He is injured with a torn ACL man don't you know so, no they won't make it back to state finals probably.  You guys didn't see him play the first game.  As I said, the only thing he needed to improve on was his outside shot.  Before he tore his acl he hit 2 three-pointers in a row.  I mean he had 9 pts. in like 3 minutes and 5 rebounds and 3 assists.  How can you say that when you didn't see that first game this year.  If he was playing right now.  They would have a high chance at being undfeated and meeting Hughes/BIC in the finals.  And from what I hear is that James Anderson blows everybody outof the water..  I gotta see this kid play.

Wraith

I couldn't make it to the Bigelow game last night against Hector, but I heard from my friend.  Both teams played good and Hector kept hitting threes like they are known to do.  In the closing seconds, a player from Hector hit a shot and was fouled and hit the free throw to put Hector up by 1.  With like 3 seconds on the clock.  Matt Baker hurled the ball down the length of the floor to Denver Durham and he put up a shot and missed and Reggie Evans flew towards the basket and tipped it in with like 0.2 seconds left and the ball game was over.  Bigelow won by 1 pt.  I am going to their next game this Friday at home against Ola.  See any of you there.

herws

Quote from: Wraith on January 04, 2006, 11:48:43 pm
He is injured with a torn ACL man don't you know so, no they won't make it back to state finals probably. You guys didn't see him play the first game. As I said, the only thing he needed to improve on was his outside shot. Before he tore his acl he hit 2 three-pointers in a row. I mean he had 9 pts. in like 3 minutes and 5 rebounds and 3 assists. How can you say that when you didn't see that first game this year. If he was playing right now. They would have a high chance at being undfeated and meeting Hughes/BIC in the finals. And from what I hear is that James Anderson blows everybody outof the water.. I gotta see this kid play.
You are correct, not only is Anderson the best in AA, but he is the best in the whole state.

Wraith

January 07, 2006, 08:35:04 pm #66 Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 03:18:43 pm by Wraith
So last night at the game was kind of interesting.  The first half was garbage for both teams with neither being able to make a shot at all.  I think 90% of both teams points in the first half were off of fast breaks.  The score was 27-20 at the half with Bigelow leading.  The second half was a whole different story.  Bigelow scored 50 points in the second half to win the game easily.  In the second half, Bigelow came out on fire.  Stuart Pinson ended up with 21 points to lead the Panthers after hitting 5 three-pointers.  Reggie Evans also came out and hit a hand-full of three's.  Bigelow dominated the second half going with a small lineup almost the whole way.  They ended up winning the game 77-46.  If they shoot this way for the rest of the season, everyone they play could be in trouble. 

Their record now is 10-6 with a 4-1 conference record.  They next play Tuesday at home against Abundant Life.  Should be a good game.  See you guys there.

Wraith

I was at the game last night where Bigelow played against Abundant Life.  The game was close the whole night until it got midway into the 4th.  Bigelow turned the ball over 4 staright times and on each possession AL hit three-pointers.  They then got up 13 with about 3 minutes left.  With 1:18 sec. left, Bigelow was down 11 with no hope.  Bigelow hits about 4 threes with in-between fouling and getting some misses from AL.  AL ended up winning 67-63 when it really should have been 65-63, but a gimme lay-up at the end gave them the 4 point win.  I worked with my friend from the team tonight and he said that they shot 13-16 from three-point land for the night.  I think no matter who they played in conference last night, they would have beat them.  #4 for their team is only a sophomore and he was unbelievable.  #23 was very good too from the outside and #00 is a leaper.  They have a good point guard #33 and are a very speedy team like AL always is.  They will be a strong contender down the stretch and they are a very good team.  I do have gripes about the inconsistent refs, but plain and simple, AL wasn't going to be beat last night.  The Bigelow boys rarely ran a play and it seemed like they were all Isolation when Reggie Evans, who finished with 22, would drive and just hit a shot that Allen Iverson would hit.  Or when he drove he would dish it out to someone and they would make a shot or something.  He was hitting all night, but the inconsistency from the rest of the team lead to the loss.  This was a good game to watch bc of the late surge by Bigelow hitting all of those threes, but Bigelow played sloppy on offense and AL couldn't miss.  Also Stuart Pinson ended with 9 with all coming from three-pointers and Chris West came off the bench to keep up with the fast-paced AL Owls to put up 11 points.  GG to AL.  They played very good.

Bigelow next plays against Episcopal Friday which I won't get to see bc I have to work.  Bigelow needs a couple of days of good practices to get their minds off of that loss.  Bigelow is now 10-7 and 4-2 in conference.  They are still in contention for any spot in the conference with the season only about midway through.  They seem like they are getting better at shooting the ball as the season goes on, but they need to start playing smarter. 

Wraith

Bigelow lost in overtime tonight by 1 on a last second three-pointer by Epsicopal to lose 65-64.  Gonna see the stats tomorrow in the paper.

Wraith

Bigelow played against Arkansas Baptist tonight and I had to work.  But I got the low down from a co-worker who attended the game.  Bigelow was on fire all night hitting threes like crazy.  At one point the game was 52-30.  The final was 59-41.  This proves that the game at AB was a huge fluke as Bigelow shot like they should.  All Bigelow needs to do is to stay consistent with their shooting and just improve as a team.  It has been proven that this conference is wide open.  No one team is safe 1st-6th place in this conference.  The district tournament is gonna be crazy.  Teams will have to fight hard to get those first two spots bc they could easily lose in the 2nd round to anyone.

BUCKET

Don't praise them too much they still have to win the rest of their confrence games to be in the hunt for first. 

Wraith

I know that I never praised them too much.  I just to a write-up about every game.  And it's the truth though... with ECS showing no teamwork and barely winning on a last second three that shouldn't have even counted due to some home-cookin' clockwork, Bigelow can come up bc now they are tied with AL but AL has the tie-breaker as of now with their victory over them.  And Lutheran I believe is also in the hunt.  AB has already lost 5 conference games so....  And I think Hector isn't out yet either.  This conference is gonna be tight all the way through District.

Wraith

So I went to the game Friday night when Bigelow hosted Lutheran.  They were pretty good and I finally got to see what everyone was saying that they have a good team now.  The game ended with a last second three-pointer by Lutheran to win 56-53.  The refs were garbage all night, as usual, and were very inconsistent.  Their kids were going over the back all night and when we did they would call a foul.  Controversial walk towards the end when all our guy did was pick the ball up then go up with it and he got fouled a chance for a 3 point play and he calls a walk.  That was one of the worst calls I had ever seen in my life.  Then the big call.  The Sr. Girls coach was down at the end where the kid hit the three, he said that he changed his pivot foot like three times.  Said it was an incredibly easy call to call him for traveling.  But you can't win every 5 vs 8 game.  I mean the refs were garb.  Aside from that point, Stuart Pinson for Bigelow carried the team.  At one point in the game he had 22 pts. when the team had 24.  He finished the first half with 25 pts. of the team's 29.  The second half he was still hitting, but not as frequent.  He finished the game with 37 points.  He did an incredible job and one of the best games for a single player that I have ever seen.  And a good note for him, I heard that there were CBC recruiters there.  So he could get a scholarship to play ball.  That would be so awesome for him.  But anyways.  District Tournament is at Bigelow, so no matter who they play in District no matter what seed, they have a better % chance to beat them.  This conference is so well-rounded and anyone could win 1st-7th right now. 

Bigelow next plays Perryville on Tuesday at home and Hector at home on Thursday.  I will be writing the summary up on those games as well. 

Wraith

Wraith

Tonight Bigelow played Perryville at home.  The game was horrible for Bigelow at first.  They were leaving Perryville wide open and were sluggish at the offensive end.  The 1st quarter at one point was 12-0 Perryvile.  It was looking VERY bad.  The second quarter wasn't any different and at halftime it was 28-19 Perryville.  Then they came to the end of the court that they practice on every day (it really is amazing how that affects the High School kids at their home courts ), and was starting a comeback.  Bigelow ended up tying the game at 35-35.  Then they took off.  Bigelow went on like a 7 point span with 3:30 left in the game and locked it up with good free throw shooting.  The final score was 51-44 and was an incredible game.  The refs weren't really bad.  They missed some calls real bad on some occasions, but one of the best crews I have seen all year.

Bigelow next plays Hector on Thursday and with that win, they can clinch 4th place in the conference.  The North is so well-rounded, even the 6th seed could win the district.  See any of you there on Thursday.

Wraith

Bigelow played Hector tonight at home and it was a quiet, but good game.  The refs weren't callin gmuch of anything so no beef with them.  It was back and forth the whole game.  Stuart Pinson scored 15 first half points with 5 three-pointers and was held to only 2 points in the 2nd half on 2 FT's.  Hector's key player was #22.  If he had any breathing room, he hit it.  No matter where he was from.  6'10 Jacob Stane played good tonight and stayed out of foul trouble.  He had two game-deciding three-point plays in the fourth.  The final was 56-47.  Bigelow next plays Ola at their place.  Shouldn't be hard for Bigelow, but Ola has surprised some teams when they play them at home and give them a close game.  I have to work Tuesday so I can't make it.  I need some info on the game then that night.  Later.

Wraith

Bigelow beat Ola tonight by10+.  Not gonna do a write up for this one so just stay tuned for the score of the Abundant Life game on Friday.  That is gonna determine both teams' seeds

Titan Spirit

did abundant life win tonigh...

Wraith

Nash Fan

hector beat Episcapoot.  Ark. baptist beat Lutheran.  Where does this conference stand?

Wraith

wow this is weird.  now the conference would look like this:

1. Episcopal 10-3  *clinched #1 seed*
2. Abundant Life 9-4 *clinched #2 seed*
3. Lutheran 8-5
4. Bigelow 7-6 *Has tie-breaker over Lutheran, Hector, Perryville, and AB*
5. Hector 7-6
6. Arkansas Baptist 6-7
7. Perryville 5-8
8. Ola 0-13

Bigelow has to win against ECS.  If they do and Perryville beats Lutheran, Bigelow would be 3rd.  Hector looks like they are coming on strong late.

Wraith

The Bigelow Panthers won tonight vs Episcopal 53-49.  The first half was sloppy with both teams turning it over way too much.  The first half was like a 4 point advantage by Episcopal then half- way through the third it was tied at like 36-36.  In the end Bigelow made key fts and came up with key loose balls.  Stuart Pinson scored 21 pts and I think the Moore kid led the way for Episcopal. 

Also, Perryville beat Lutheran tonight so that means Bigelow is #3 in the 5AA North.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas