• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

River City Conference Championship

Started by Chief_Osceola™, October 23, 2015, 03:48:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Next Tuesday the Maumelle Hornets will travel to Watson Chapel to play in the River City Conference Championship Game.  Or as I like to call it the de-facto 5A state championship game.  Both teams survived the grind of the conference and this should shape up to be a good one.  There's a lot at stake for both teams - for Watson Chapel, they are looking to finish off a perfect season.  For Maumelle, they will be looking to avenge an overtime loss to the Wildcats a few weeks ago. 

Anyway, I doubt there are many posters on the JH board from these schools (or any in the RC conference); I just wanted to make everyone aware of the heavyweight bout that's about to go down next week in Pine Bluff.

Chief_Osceola™

Watson Chapel won 20-6 in the rematch. In the first quarter WC scored on a pass to the back of the end zone on 4th and goal from the 15. Later on in the second quarter their running back busted a 50 yard run to stretch the lead to 14-0. Meanwhile Maumelle failed to establish a running game and our QB had constant pressure when we tried to throw. We did get a big stop in the red zone late in the half to keep it a 2-score game.

WC received the second half kickoff and took about 5 minutes off the clock before the drive stalled. Maumelle then completed a 70-yard touchdown pass to make the score 14-6 and gave the Hornets some momentum. WC answered though midway through the 4th to go back up 2 scores. Maumelle then turned the ball over on downs and WC was able to run out the clock.

Tough loss for the Hornets but a good season, finishing 7-2. Congratulations to Watson Chapel. The difference tonight was that WC had too much size up front on both lines. Maumelle was never able to get into a rhythm on offense and Chapel was able to run the ball effectively to eat up the clock.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas