• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-0 Cross County @ 7-0 Earle

Started by playmaker04, October 19, 2015, 12:54:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Cross County has a mammoth line and great defense. Earle has a man child running the ball #58. Conference championship on the line.

Butch_Cassidy

It's going to be a good game. Looking forward to watching this one..  Earle has a good chance of winning if that Lil running back can get loose.#2 runs pretty hard and there October line does a good job of blocking.  IF There QB can complete a few passes it will open up the run game even more.  They say that cross county has a group on defense that will smack you in the mouth.  I believe it's going to be a great showdown

bdubyab60

Trint Creek

CC ain't no joke either. They have a man tailback that will just run you over.

bdubyab60

Just going by the outcomes of our games with both teams. We didn't come close to doing anything against them at all.

58 from Earle is a straight up beast and I bet y'all's man at tailback isn't even close to this kid. Not saying CC can't win

Trint Creek

I guess that is why we play the game. Tonight's the night. I will be headed to Earle to watch this one.

bdubyab60

I'm going there too. Hopefully they got one of those BBQ sammiches ready

bdubyab60

6-2 Earle at the half. 25 and 58 as advertised lol

bdubyab60

Sloppy game by both teams though. Turnovers in both sides. TD pass by Earle was a heck of a play by the receiver.

bdubyab60

Back and forth. Whoever has the ball last should win probably

14-10 Earle in 3rd

bdubyab60

Scoop score may have put an end to my last statement. 22-10 Earle in the 4th

Trint Creek

Well you were right bdub the bbq sandwiches were great. 7 grade Cc went undefeated and the Jr birds went down. The best thing Earle had going for them was the passing game. A 6 four receiver being guarded by. 4 four receiver doesn't work very well. Good game though.

Proud Buckaroo

You guys put a 4'4" DB against a 6'4" WR?

Trint Creek

Trint Creek

Not really sure about the heights but the receiver for Earle was real tall and the dback for cc was real short. CC done a great job of shutting the running game of Earle. Turnovers and not converting while in the red zone was the death of cc.

Butch_Cassidy

I don't know if cc shut down the run because that QB from Earle had some pretty big runs... overall Earle played a pretty good game and that running back from cc was a straight BEAST.... Congratulations to both teams.... great season

bdubyab60

Earle only scored on the one pass. They ran the rest in. Turnovers doomed CC though.

6-2 at half and CC comes out and just pounds the rock with 25, after onside kick. Earle had no answer on the drive. 10-6 CC.

Earle answers right back. Passes in the flat and running on the edges, don't know where Earle didn't run the ball good came from they were pretty balanced and most of their lost yardage a were on fumbled deep snaps. 14-10 Earle. Yes Earle threw a fade on the extra point to a kid who was at a minimum 6'2". At least a 6" height advantage on the DB. Even when he jumped and had good coverage the kid from Earle just stood and caught it. Didn't have to jump, had long arms too.

CC gets the ball, with an added horse collar in the KO. Back to pounding the rock with 25. But you can't run him every play cause people get tired. Time was about out in the 3rd but CC had to run one more play before end of the quarte. Kid looks like he's going to get a pretty good run and bam. Earle plate pokes it out and scoop and score. Then comes the fade and its 22-10 Earle.

Earle closed out with one more score and another fade final 30-10.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on October 22, 2015, 09:30:11 pm
I don't know if cc shut down the run because that QB from Earle had some pretty big runs... overall Earle played a pretty good game and that running back from cc was a straight BEAST.... Congratulations to both teams.... great season
QB and #2 were making guys miss most of the night especially in the second half. I would say Earles offense was pretty balanced overall.

bdubyab60

CC really needs to work on ball security drills. I know they turned it over against us a few times and put it on the ground 4 times tonight that I remember and a INT if I remember. Same problem on the senior squad.

Went and watched CC and Mccrory a few years back for a a conference title. Davis was a freshman. 9 fumbles by CC in that game.

That's a habit and a pattern fellas. If CC ever wants to get over the hump in these big games junior and senior they need to fix that. Hard to win if you can't hold on to the ball.

Butch_Cassidy

Great assessment bdub.... It was a hard fought game...

Pit Bull

When you play a "Time of Possession" game plan, you can not make mistakes! Good game CC but congrats to the Bulldogs on a Perfect Season....  That Fade Tho... Go Pups...

Pit Bull

The kid is 6'5" with MADD Gloves...

Pit Bull

Proud Buckaroo

NEark tigers

CONGRATS TO THE 2015 2A-3 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS, EARLE BULLDOGS!!

mtindian42

Congrats to the dogs!!! Future looks very bright over there!

playmaker04

Two great Jr high teams. Fumbles are a problem that has to be fixed. #25 Jackson Henderson is a man running the football. CC should have made a change at db. They picked on #10 all night.

bdubyab60

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 22, 2015, 10:42:58 pm
Congrats to the dogs!!! Future looks very bright over there!
they move up 19 freshmen, that's if I counted right. Should be a good group in senior high. Only had 5 or 6 standing on the sidline when they announced them before the game.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 22, 2015, 10:17:14 pm
When you play a "Time of Possession" game plan, you can not make mistakes! Good game CC but congrats to the Bulldogs on a Perfect Season....  That Fade Tho... Go Pups...
Yeah we called it a fade but he just had to stand there for the most part and wait for the ball to come down lol

Pit Bull

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 23, 2015, 07:09:46 am
Yeah we called it a fade but he just had to stand there for the most part and wait for the ball to come down lol

I agree, it was still very beautiful every time the QB threw it. Everybody thought it was being overthrown until you saw that long set of arms and big hands grabbing it from amazing heights... I'd imagine that he will be just as this year in BBall...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on October 23, 2015, 02:24:00 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 23, 2015, 07:09:46 am

I agree, it was still very beautiful every time the QB threw it. Everybody thought it was being overthrown until you saw that long set of arms and big hands grabbing it from amazing heights... I'd imagine that he will be just as this year in BBall...
Oh yeah hes gonna be tough to stop. Be interesting to see how he improves as the years go by.

That 58 is a freaking beast as well. I see him doing some serious damage over the next few years.

Pit Bull

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas