• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4

Started by x14113, August 24, 2015, 06:23:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

Once again, no LR teams.

It sounds like Ozark will have a halfway-decent QB playing on Thursday nights. We'll see how Dawson Deitz will fare during tonight's scrimmage.

HorseFeathers

Just curious who do the junior high teams pick up to replace those two

x14113

They don't--it's up to each school to deal with the open slots accordingly.

In Ozark's case, we played Pottsville a second time last year, and will host Harrison this year, both times in Week 9. Week 10 was left open.

(Incidentally, Ozark SH actually hosts Robinson on a Thursday to close the regular season this year. I'm not sure we'll be used to that...)

x14113

As for tonight's scrimmage...It's safe to say it's the kind of performance that could easily spoil fans.

Between a pair of 15-play sets and two 10-minute quarters:
Ozark 42
Charleston 7

The Hillbillies scored nearly every time they touched the ball. Deitz is every bit as good as advertised. The receiving, running, and blocking were largely on point, too. Charleston's only score came late on their set as their runner slipped through for 70 yards.

More will be shown after a 27-mile trek down AR 23.

nastynice

Quote from: x14113 on August 24, 2015, 10:47:02 pm
As for tonight's scrimmage...It's safe to say it's the kind of performance that could easily spoil fans.

Ozark 42
Charleston 7

The Hillbillies scored nearly every time they touched the ball. Deitz is every bit as good as advertised. The receiving, running, and blocking were largely on point, too. Charleston's only score came late on their set as their runner slipped through for 70 yards.

I think we actually make a 27 mile trek up AR 23. The game is in Ozark.
You will definitely know what you have after that game. Will most likely be the toughest game for both schools.

gold45

August 25, 2015, 07:51:32 pm #5 Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:54:14 pm by gold45
Quote from: x14113 on August 24, 2015, 10:47:02 pm

Ozark 42
Charleston 7

Ozark 42 Charleston 7 with starters pulled (both ways) for a substantial amount of time.
Ozark 14 Charleston 0 after two 8 minute quarters with the starters playing the majority of the time.  I know 42-7 sounds better but reality is reality.  Ozark looked decent.  Charleston needs a lot of work.  Booneville dominates the Hillbillies and wins this match up by at least 3 TDs.

x14113

Week 1 Schedule:

Booneville @ Ozark
Dardanelle @ Danville
Clinton @ Heber Springs

Anyone know for sure about Dover and Pottsville?

HorseFeathers

Dover is at atkins, I can pm you their schedule if you want it

x14113

Please do. I greatly appreciate it.

x14113

Booneville 19
Ozark 6

OLDSCHOOL82

How are the jr high sand lizards?  The cats head to dardy tomorrow for week 2.  Hope they serve tamales at the jr high games also!!

x14113

I'm not expecting much from the Lizards this year.

Though, I don't know that much, so...

Additional games tonight:

Clarksville @ Ozark
Baptist Prep @ Clinton
Cedarville @ Dover

Still no word on Pottsville...

x14113

Ozark 22
Clarksville 0
7G

x14113

Ozark 42
Clarksville 0

OLDSCHOOL82

27-7 Booneville over Dardanelle.

The Coach

September 10, 2015, 09:44:58 pm #15 Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 09:47:39 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle starts 6 8th graders on defense and 7 on offense with 4 of 5 OLinemen being 8th graders. They'll be better at the end of the season and should be just fine next season.

Pottsville beat Baptist 38-14 last week and Robinson 30-0 this week. Was told neither are very good. They play Vilonia next week.

Dover beat Cedarville 14-6

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The Coach on September 10, 2015, 09:44:58 pm
Dardanelle starts 6 8th graders on defense and 7 on offense with 4 of 5 OLinemen being 8th graders. They'll be better at the end of the season and should be just fine next season.

Pottsville beat Baptist 38-14 last week and Robinson 30-0 this week. Was told neither are very good. They play Vilonia next week.

Are you a bit defensive and feel you need to explain why your young lizards lost?

The Coach

September 11, 2015, 12:50:58 pm #17 Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:53:14 pm by The Coach
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 11, 2015, 08:30:32 am

Are you a bit defensive and feel you need to explain why your young lizards lost?

There isn't a single thing in my post that was defensive I don't know why you would think that.  I was trying to help out the poster that said he didn't know much about Dardanelle Jr High.  They are very young and will get better.  That Booneville Jr High Team is very good and nobody will get close to beating them this season just like last season that's why the Lizards lost.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: The Coach on September 11, 2015, 12:50:58 pm

There isn't a single thing in my post that was defensive I don't know why you would think that.  I was trying to help out the poster that said he didn't know much about Dardanelle Jr High.  They are very young and will get better.  That Booneville Jr High Team is very good and nobody will get close to beating them this season just like last season that's why the Lizards lost.

Gotcha.  I asked the question.  Random question.  Where does dardy play their soccer games?  Separate facility? 

young_gun

Watching the game last night, that Dardanelle team was not the same one that showed up week 1. They were lethargic looking at best. Booneville is a good team but I think Dardanelle was still licking wounds from a week 1 loss to rival Danville. They will bounce back and are much better than what they showed last night.

The Coach

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 11, 2015, 12:59:56 pm
Quote from: The Coach on September 11, 2015, 12:50:58 pm

Gotcha.  I asked the question.  Random question.  Where does dardy play their soccer games?  Separate facility?

No they play soccer on that field

The Coach

Quote from: young_gun on September 11, 2015, 01:39:33 pm
Watching the game last night, that Dardanelle team was not the same one that showed up week 1. They were lethargic looking at best. Booneville is a good team but I think Dardanelle was still licking wounds from a week 1 loss to rival Danville. They will bounce back and are much better than what they showed last night.

Dardanelle couldve played a perfect game vs Booneville and would still lose by a couple TD's. Booneville is just better. They're better then everyone on their schedule this season just like last season.

x14113

Week 3 Games:

Ozark @ Waldron
Clinton @ Yellville-Summit
Pottsville @(?) Vilonia
Dardanelle @ Clarksville
Dover @ Greenwood

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: young_gun on September 11, 2015, 01:39:33 pm

The junior high bunch at Booneville will do that to a lot of teams - they are really good.

x14113

Ozark 18
Waldron 6
7G

x14113

PrivateLesson

Ozark 7th grade won 18-6.

x14113

Week 4 Games:

Clinton @ Ozark
Dardanelle @ Pottsville
Fountain Lake @ Dover

x14113

Ozark 22
Clinton 8
7G

x14113

Clinton 16
Ozark 14

The Coach

Dardanelle 15
Pottsville 14

OLDSCHOOL82

Congrats Dardy.  I thought the Pottsville jr high was stacked?

The Coach

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 24, 2015, 10:45:14 pm
Congrats Dardy.  I thought the Pottsville jr high was stacked?

They're pretty good. Dardanelle played well enough to find a way at the end to score with about a minute left and then went for 2 and was able to get it and win.

HorseFeathers

Dover has beat Greenwood 8-6, cedarville 14-6 and lost to atkins 6-0

The Coach

Dover played Fountain Lake this past week. I don't know the result though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Coach on September 26, 2015, 10:44:31 pm
Dover played Fountain Lake this past week. I don't know the result though.

I'll post it if I remember to check the paper this week...

x14113

October 01, 2015, 12:53:35 pm #36 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:31:30 pm by x14113
Week 5 Games:

Ozark @ FS Trinity (Game will be played @ Ramsey)
Dover @ Pottsville (first of two; which one would count?)
Clinton @ Dardanelle

Seems like we've at least 4 good teams in this cozy group. Any Given Thursday...

The Coach

Dardanelle and Clinton play twice as well and this one tonight is the conference game and I think its the same for Potts/Dover.

x14113

Ozark 38
Trinity 0
7G

x14113

Ozark 44
Trinity 0

The largest attendance for a Trinity football game, apparently...

x14113

Week 6 games:

Pottsville @ Ozark
Dardanelle @ FS Trinity (Game @ Buck Wells Stadium)
Dover @ Clinton

HorseFeathers

Dover played Robinson last week...per the Dover Times newspaper...think the score was 20-8

x14113

Ozark 14
Pottsville 6
7G

x14113

Ozark 36
Pottsville 6

x14113

Week 7 Games:

Ozark @ Dardanelle
Pottsville @ Dover
Fountain Lake @ Clinton

x14113

Ozark 28
Dardanelle 8
7G

x14113

Dardanelle 20
Ozark 12

The Coach

Pottsville beat Dover 16-14 after beating them 27-6 2 weeks ago.

reddie5404

Fountain Lake 20
Clinton 38

The Coach

I think the conference standings are like this:

Clinton is 3-0 (Pottsville left to play)
Dardanelle is 2-1 (Dover left to play)
Ozark is 1-2 (Dover left to play)
Pottsville is 1-2 (Clinton left to play)
Dover is 0-2 (Ozark and Dardanelle left to play)

I didn't count Trinity cause not everyone plays them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas