• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nettleton

Started by birddawg1986, January 08, 2017, 04:19:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

Got to catch some girls/boys games the last 3 weeks. Those Lady Raiders are undefeated and the real deal. Might make a run at that state title. Boys got talent especially Fulton and Anderson but they ain't rolling like they should be😳

Bigtimebasketballfan

Nettleton is the one team I CANNOT figure out. They have tons of talent year in and year out yet I can only recall 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years they have made the state tournament. What's the deal??

SackAttack

Yes and the girls ought to have about 3 rings by now and have zero!

Bigtimebasketballfan

Eh I wouldn't say that. People taking winning it for granted. Very hard to do and often times best team doesn't win. Hottest team who catches some breaks

MDXPHD

Quote from: SackAttack on January 08, 2017, 04:54:26 pm
Yes and the girls ought to have about 3 rings by now and have zero!

That's not true. Coach Smith does a great job with what he has. He's a very good coach and gets the most out of those players every year. They will make a run at state this year. Batesville, Watson chapel, and PA will be in the mix too.

SackAttack

Year in year out they have as much talent as anybody and zero titles.

MDXPHD

Quote from: SackAttack on January 08, 2017, 11:09:15 pm
Year in year out they have as much talent as anybody and zero titles.

You bitter?

MikeDiesel™

The boys have a lot of talent this year.  But, that's a lot of sophomore talent.  4 starters at the NEA finals were sophomores.  And it showed at times.  As long as they all stay and don't do the Hurricane shuffle next year, they could really have a strong team/state title possibility over the next couple years.

OB11

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on January 10, 2017, 10:14:52 am
The boys have a lot of talent this year.  But, that's a lot of sophomore talent.  4 starters at the NEA finals were sophomores.  And it showed at times.  As long as they all stay and don't do the Hurricane shuffle next year, they could really have a strong team/state title possibility over the next couple years.

That's pretty funny! +1

Grond

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on January 10, 2017, 10:14:52 am

Brilliant! And so very true. Always interesting how all these rules about player transfers don't affect Jonesboro and Nettleton.  ::)

ricepig

Quote from: Grond on January 10, 2017, 12:17:40 pm
Brilliant! And so very true. Always interesting how all these rules about player transfers don't affect Jonesboro and Nettleton.  ::)

When they can move across the street and be in a new school district, it's actually pretty easy to understand!

birddawg1986

Seen the girls improved to 16-0 (7-0) conference play with 45-31 win over Blytheville. Looks like the boys lost anther close on to Blytheville 63-60 to fall to 9-7 (3-4) in conference play.

MikeDiesel™

I can only imagine what Coach Smith had to say to his girls in the locker room at halftime as Blytheville had the lead 15-11.

The boys game took forever with all the fouls.  But, the game was real exciting.

Grond

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2017, 03:13:44 pm
When they can move across the street and be in a new school district, it's actually pretty easy to understand!

+1

SackAttack

bbfan89

Proud of Nettleton  boys and girls.  It is going to be difficult for any 5A boys team to compete with a very talent rich Jonesboro team. After listening to a couple of Jonesboro coaches talking about how great they are and spewing one untruth after another about NHS players and Administration it is easy to understand why so many people despise JHS. Saying things like Nettleton administration tried to sell all tickets in advance so JHS could not get in are false and idiotic. It would be great if people could show up, support their school and show a level of class that is in keeping with your outstanding athletic program.

Ponca

does Nettleton still have that kid with famous youtube dunk video?

birddawg1986

Quote from: Ponca on January 24, 2017, 11:01:41 pm
does Nettleton still have that kid with famous youtube dunk video?
His name was Victor Dukes. He left after that year, and tried to transfer to Jonesboro.. Not sure what happen but he finished his HS career at Senath-Hornsville in S Missouri. When he graduated he went to Blinn JUCO but ended up at Garden City JUCO where he is playing now

istruedo

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 08, 2017, 09:42:36 pm
That's not true. Coach Smith does a great job with what he has. He's a very good coach and gets the most out of those players every year. They will make a run at state this year. Batesville, Watson chapel, and PA will be in the mix too.
I agree that the best team doesn't always win the title. I also agree that he is a very good coach. However, the what he has part... He has 3 D1's. Not trying to diminish anything, just keepin' it 100!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas