• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A State Champs

Started by Coachbanks12, March 15, 2015, 09:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coachbanks12

I know a lot of you guys won't talk about it because you didn't pick them to win.
Congratulations to McClellan on a great win I really think this team will be back next year in the finals against?????
Congratulations to Hot Springs Lady Trojans my Alma Mater on a great win against a great team that will probably be back in finals next year.
Oh yeah I did pick both teams to win let's see who gonna give propsto those winning teams that you didn't pick

WPWells

RetiredBB

I watched a lot of the 5A tournament, and I picked both teams to win.  They both were clearly the best teams.  I think next year is gonna be a very competitive tournament.  A lot of kids returning on some good teams in all the conferences. 

Easy

Quote from: RetiredBB on March 15, 2015, 10:22:24 pm
I watched a lot of the 5A tournament, and I picked both teams to win.  They both were clearly the best teams.  I think next year is gonna be a very competitive tournament.  A lot of kids returning on some good teams in all the conferences.
iwould not say that hot springs winning in overtime would be called clearly the best team and they barely got by greenbrier a number 4 seed. They were good and they did win it all but would not say they were clearly the best team. They did win it all though so props to them.

mrsD1

Quote from: Easy on March 22, 2015, 05:33:55 pm
iwould not say that hot springs winning in overtime would be called clearly the best team and they barely got by greenbrier a number 4 seed. They were good and they did win it all but would not say they were clearly the best team. They did win it all though so props to them.

You even said it in another post that Hot Springs Girls had a "tough" matchup against Greenbrier. Now you're saying oh they barely got by a 4th seed team. Honestly, I feel like Greenbrier was the toughest game we played the whole state tournament. They beat farmington who was number 1 in west who we beat in the semis. So since we're throwing in opinions, I figured I'd just throw in some facts. West has a good conference. All top four teams can compete with each other. We beat the West's number 1 seed and the number 4 seed. That alone speaks for itself. Leave the shade elsewhere.

Cardfan1

Quote from: mrsD1 on April 08, 2015, 10:05:03 am
Quote from: Easy on March 22, 2015, 05:33:55 pm

You even said it in another post that Hot Springs Girls had a "tough" matchup against Greenbrier. Now you're saying oh they barely got by a 4th seed team. Honestly, I feel like Greenbrier was the toughest game we played the whole state tournament. They beat farmington who was number 1 in west who we beat in the semis. So since we're throwing in opinions, I figured I'd just throw in some facts. West has a good conference. All top four teams can compete with each other. We beat the West's number 1 seed and the number 4 seed. That alone speaks for itself. Leave the shade elsewhere.

That win Greenbrier had over Farmington came early in the conference season (2nd or 3rd game), they did not win the 2nd matchup late in the season as Farmington was making its run to the conference title. Also, to say Greenbrier was your toughest game in the tourney might be a stretch. Great game no doubt but remember Farmington missed a wide open three at the buzzer that would have sent the semi's to overtime and everybody in the place thought the shot was in as it hit the back iron. You followed that with a come from behind 1 pt OT win over PA in the finals. I'd say if anything Lady Trojans had the toughest overall road to the title and did an outstanding job of making plays at the right time to win....which is what Champions do! I also think the 5A girls tourney was by far the most competitive and even tournament of all the classifications which as a fan is what we all want. I think any of the 1 seeds were a threat but particularly the Lady Cards, Lady Bruins and Lady Trojans. Not sure there was much difference between those three. Made the tournament better that way and only makes Hot Springs title run that much more impressive. Congrats to the Lady Trojans on a fantastic year, to the Lady Bruins as well....also the homer in me says congrats to the Lady Cardinals on not only having a fantastic year but on doing so in the first year in their move up to 5A. Looking forward to what next season holds. Should be fun!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas