• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville @ Harrison's "Spook House"

Started by Go Postal, February 21, 2015, 09:04:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

February 21, 2015, 09:04:26 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:13:34 pm by Go Postal

Boys:
Big game at Harrison/Clarkville for both teams to go to the playoffs.

Clarksville own the H2H in the first round at Clarksville.
and Harrison has won 2-4 games at home, 4-2 games away.

Girls:
Harrison playing for seeding.

Comments and insights are welcomed.

Chief_Osceola™

Clarksville may be without Casey Benton - I believe he was injured against Maumelle. I don't know what the injury was - it may not be anything serious, but I have to think that if he can't go, then Harrison should win and secure the 4 seed. Plus with the game being at Harrison, I think they will win anyway. However, it is the 5A West, aka bizarro world.

Elvis Hoggoblin

That win will not secure 4 seed for the Goblins if the Goblins then lose at Maumelle Friday & Greenbrier beats Maumelle Tuesday and Clarksville Friday.

Chief_Osceola™

Ponca

Maumelle is playing for a one seed and conf title. If Brier beats them Tuesday, then they earned it. I see Hornets & Goblins both winning Tuesday settling the dust in the 5A West

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Ponca on February 23, 2015, 02:12:26 pm
Maumelle is playing for a one seed and conf title. If Brier beats them Tuesday, then they earned it. I see Hornets & Goblins both winning Tuesday settling the dust in the 5A West
I think you are right and I hope you are right.
Harrison is 6-6.
Interesting Margins of Victory and Defeat
Wins by  -  2,2,8,8,12,19
Losses by - 4,4,4,4,9,12

HockeySticks

Well based on the game's I've seen lately Harrison is stuggling! Greenbrier and Clarksville are hot. So with this in mind, I'd say Harrison and Greenbrier goes 0-2 this week, Clarksville goes 2-0 and claims the 4th spot in the West! As you said Maumelle trying to get the 1-seed and @ Clarksville makes Greenbrier's road real tough!

Ponca

All of the Little Rock school districts are already closing down here for Tuesday. So I'm not sure if Maumelle will be able to leave town to go to Greenbrier

HockeySticks

vtowneagles

Means that LRC probably can't come to vilonia

sevenof400

Quote from: vtowneagles on February 23, 2015, 06:03:23 pm

Since LR Christian already has a make up game on Wed (2/25) vs Maumelle, they may try and play this game if road conditions improve tomorrow (2/24).  That decision won't come until midday Tuesday.   Stand by!

Ponca

Harrison/Clarksville is postponed till Wednesday

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

PCSSD has a policy that if they aren't in school for inclement weather, then they don't play.  I'm sure LRCA can evaluate the roads later in the day.

sevenof400

The game between LR Christian and Vilonia is on as planned!
My Country Y107.1 should be broadcasting and they have a website link at on this page.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on February 24, 2015, 12:19:26 pm
PCSSD has a policy that if they aren't in school for inclement weather, then they don't play.  I'm sure LRCA can evaluate the roads later in the day.

That's a shame too - all the roads in LR and Maumelle are completely clear.

Rockhounds x2

It never seems to amaze me why a team like Harrison is rolling along 4-1 in confrence I believe and lose a game that they probably could have won and the panic button is hit and all of a sudden they can't beat anyone? Happens every year!!!

PantherFan22

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on February 26, 2015, 10:16:40 am
It never seems to amaze me why a team like Harrison is rolling along 4-1 in confrence I believe and lose a game that they probably could have won and the panic button is hit and all of a sudden they can't beat anyone? Happens every year!!!
that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  Panic every year.  Better check your facts.  In 2011 they were 11-3 in conference and 6-1 in February.  In 2012 they were 9-5 and won last 6 conference games to get in.  2013 they were 10-4 and also 6-1 in February.  Last years team finished strong in February at 6-1. No panic to me in last few years. Last two teams made final four. Better check your facts before you start slamming teams and coaches.  The team this year probably overachieved. Get your facts straight.harrison historically is better at end of year.

Rockhounds x2

February 27, 2015, 09:16:55 am #17 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:26:07 am by Rockhounds x2
PantherFan22:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on February 26, 2015, 10:16:40 am ---It never seems to amaze me why a team like Harrison is rolling along 4-1 in confrence I believe and lose a game that they probably could have won and the panic button is hit and all of a sudden they can't beat anyone? Happens every year!!!

--- End quote ---
that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  Panic every year.  Better check your facts.  In 2011 they were 11-3 in conference and 6-1 in February.  In 2012 they were 9-5 and won last 6 conference games to get in.  2013 they were 10-4 and also 6-1 in February.  Last years team finished strong in February at 6-1. No panic to me in last few years. Last two teams made final four. Better check your facts before you start slamming teams and coaches.  The team this year probably overachieved. Get your facts straight.harrison historically is better at end of year.

That was the most talented group I have ever watched or seen at the high school level and they didn't win Confrence! Only weakness was undisciplined! Two years ago they rode the best player in the state to the final four and had one sided officials not been involved would have went farther! Last years team had a cake walk to the final four not taking anything away from the accomplishment!Never bashed anyone just what happened

PantherFan22

But you can't say every year they panic and can't beat anyone. They got better every year.  Even the 2010 team got in at 7-7 and had to win last 3 to get in. No losing record in conference in 13 years unless this bunch loses tonight.

Ponca

The lone stat that defined why Harrison isn't going to playoffs is this and this only. 2-5 at home in conference play. And all 5 losses came down to final minute. Just didn't close it out.

Vteagle

If your protect your own court in conf 5-2 or better and hover around .500 on the road you will be in the playoff hunt!   You have to protect your own home court though!!  I see why Harrison is on the outside looking in!

Rockhounds x2

February 27, 2015, 04:53:23 pm #21 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:15:13 pm by Rockhounds x2
Ponca:
The lone stat that defined why Harrison isn't going to playoffs is this and this only. 2-5 at home in conference play. And all 5 losses came down to final minute. Just didn't close it out.

I'm assuming that you watched the games??

If so would the words lack of discipline fit?
Taking a 3 with no one in position for a rebound after only one pass with a 4 point lead and 2 minutes to go?

AT

February 27, 2015, 05:26:57 pm #22 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:29:53 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on February 27, 2015, 09:16:55 am

That was the most talented group I have ever watched or seen at the high school level and they didn't win Confrence! Only weakness was undisciplined! Two years ago they rode the best player in the state to the final four and had one sided officials not been involved would have went farther! Last years team had a cake walk to the final four not taking anything away from the accomplishment!Never bashed anyone just what happened

I see this excuse is still being made.

Rockhounds x2

Almatrackster:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 09:16:55 am ---

--- End quote ---

I see this excuse is still being made.

I'm sure you watched it also! I'm not from Harrison my kids go to school there! No unbiased spectator will say that final four game wasn't decided by the officials! Alma won so enjoy! I was stating the facts!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas