• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Harrison's "Spook House" (Round 2)

Started by Go Postal, February 18, 2015, 09:09:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

February 18, 2015, 09:09:46 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:24:15 pm by Go Postal

Boys:
Greenbrier (4-7) had a heartbreaking 1 point loss to Vilonia (7-4) in the last game.
Harrison (6-5) had a tie game with Morrilton (8-3) in the 1st period, then it was a Devil Dogs game the rest of the way, though the Goblins did come within 3 pt behind early in the 4th period but to no avail.  A DDogs win clinched them getting a playoff spot.  Maumelle (7-3) game still pending on possible seeding in the boys West.  Seeding is still then a question with 3 games to go.

Girls:
Greenbrier (8-3) beat Vilonia (9-2) in the last game.  Harrison beat Vilonia in their last second round meeting also.
Harrison's (8-3) win over Morrilton (5-6) put Vilonia, Greenbrier and Harrison into a playoff spot.  Farmington (9-2) girls won tonight and also gets a playoff spot, currently tied with Vilonia.    Seeding is still then a question with 3 games to go in the girls West.

Harrison boys need a win to help keep their playoff spot.  Golden Goblins currently own the H2H by 2 points in the 1st round at the 'briar.
Greenbrier girls and Harrison girls need a win for better seeding in the playoffs.  Lady Goblins currently own the H2H by 8 points in the 1st round at the 'briar.

This game will be at the Goblins "Spook House".
Now weather could be a factor if these games will be played on Friday night or postponed to a later date.

Heck, I don't care who you are, but if you are a West fan then you are like me and like every West team from the top standing to low standing.  Every game is exciting.

Comments and insights are welcomed...

Go Postal

February 19, 2015, 07:51:44 pm #1 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 08:34:40 pm by Go Postal
Saw on the weather channel that Harrison could get icy conditions from 3 am to 6 pm on Friday.  Rain on Saturday.  Not sure of the rest of the West team's games, but maybe some of the same.  Hmm...

Side note:  Elvis, saw in the paper today where they were trying to decide the colors of the interior of the new Harrison basketball arena.  That's fine, but to you "Old Time" Goblins, most of us call it the "Spook House", though is in reality it is LT's Court.  I don't know what they will do with the old gym.  But I was wondering if you or other "Old Time" Goblins could to mention to Mitch or any of the school board to at least take some stuff from the "Spook House/LT' court" and put into the new basketball court?  For instance, if they demolish the gym, could they use some floor board planks in the new basketball court?  Even better, could they take the Goblin symbol from the middle of the old court and make it as a wall murial or something.  They take the waters of the Magic of the Crooked Creek every year to put in the Goblin Stadium fountain, so we need something for the new basketball court to move LT's spirit to there.  Heck, this is from a Mtn Home Bomber graduate, but a Goblin fan.

One other thing, looking at other West team's new courts, I think that the Goblin student section should still be on court side.  Not up in the balconies.  Not off to the standing by the home side bleachers, but right down on the court.  We have a reason that we are one of the best Student's sections.  Let's not give that up on home games.  I know that they are saying that this new court will cost around $25 million dollars, but hey, this is the Goblin Nation, go the extra cost.

Go Postal

From what I saw posted, these games will be on Saturday starting at 2 pm.

Go Postal

The Girls game was a great game.  Both teams have already made the playoffs, but they both played like they were still trying to get into the playoffs instead of just for seeding with 2 games to go.

The Boys game was a very intense, fast-paced game that went into OT.
What really gets me about Greenbrier boys is how they have some great shooters and are still at the lower half of the conference teams.  Here is a scoring summary so far...
1/9  Lost by 10 to Mtown but lead by 1 at half.
1/13 Won by 24 lrc.
1/16 Lost by 8 Farmtown.
1/20 Lost by 5 to Vtown.
1/27 Lost by 20 to Mmelle.
1/30 Lost by 3 to Cville.
2/6  Won by 13 Mtown.
2/10 Won by 12 lrc.
2/13 Won by 5 Farmtown.
2/17 Lost by 1 to Vtown.
2-24 pending Mmelle.
2-27 pending Cville.
GOBS and 'Briar have seemed to be very similar teams over the years, not just in basketball, but in other sports also.  But this is a basketball forum, so here is a summary of the last two games scores between these two teams.
@ the 'Briar (1/23)...
Harrison Golden Goblins  12
Greenbier Panthers  20
end of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins  31
Greenbier Panthers  32
Half

Harrison Golden Goblins  44
Greenbrier Panthers  48
end of 3rd.

Harrison Golden Goblins  68
Greenbier Panthers  66
Final.

@ the "Spook House" (2-21)...
Harrison Golden Goblins 5
Greenbrier Panthers 8
end of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins 29
Greenbrier Panthers 29
Half.

Harrison Golden Goblins 42
Greenbrier Panthers 38
end of 3rd.

Harrison Golden Goblins 61
Greenbrier Panthers 61
Going into OT.

Harrison Golden Goblins 66
Greenbrier Panthers 70
Final.

Heck, if Greenbrier Panthers or the Clarksville Panthers go to the playoffs instead of the Goblins, the I will not call them The Panthers, but will call them The Underdogs...LOL! Keep up the great work Greenbrier and Clarksville. ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas