• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember last year's Basketball playoffs when...

Started by Go Postal, February 24, 2014, 11:46:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

February 24, 2014, 11:46:01 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 09:22:39 pm by Go Postal
Jacksonville and Clarksville were the favorites.
Where nobody thought that Alma or Harrison would reach the semis.

Jacksonville played Clarksville in the semis.  Jacksonville won.
Alma played Harrison in the semis.  Alma won.
Jacksonville won State with Alma as State Runner-up.

The point is, that the West had 3 teams out of 32 conference teams win to get into the semis.

Will they do that again?  Don't know, but Jacksonville (once again) and Forrest City could be contenders this year.  But on the West side, Morrilton, Clarksville, Alma and Harrison or any other team from the West, should have something to say about this.

Throwing the playoff gauntlet out early, but all I can say is, JUST AND TRY TO BEAT US!  Good luck to all 5A teams that make the playoffs this season.  Wishing you the best of luck.  I really mean that.  But the Goblins, 'Dales, Devil Dogs, Panthers or any other West team will get ya if ya don't watch out. :o

Comments are welcomed on this seasons playoffs.

coach cleats

Man it just don't matter the sport that shall not be named in alma starts Thursday at 5 at FS Garrison stadium!!!!

Go Postal

Quote from: coach cleats on February 25, 2014, 06:56:13 pm
Man it just don't matter the sport that shall not be named in alma starts Thursday at 5 at FS Garrison stadium!!!!  (Goblin Stadium) vs 7A Rogers Heritage boys/girls

(Side note:  Chris Pratt is named the Head AD for Goblin sports also.  Excellent for that AND being one of the top coaches in that sport that shalt not be named in Alma for ALL conferences.  Congrats Coach Pratt!)

sevenof400

Quote from: coach cleats on February 25, 2014, 06:56:13 pm
Man it just don't matter the sport that shall not be named in alma starts Thursday at 5 at FS Garrison stadium!!!!

It's about time!

DogsWin7

I wonder who will post the scores for soccer for Alma?? 

Soccer can be a hot sport!  ;)

Downnotout

hey do you remember that time Bobby Boucher scored that touchdown

Go Postal

Quote from: Go Postal on February 24, 2014, 11:46:01 pm
Jacksonville and Clarksville were the favorites.
Where nobody thought that Alma or Harrison would reach the semis.

Jacksonville played Clarksville in the semis.  Jacksonville won.
Alma played Harrison in the semis.  Alma won.
Jacksonville won State with Alma as State Runner-up.

Jacksonville boys/girls won State.

The point is, that the West had 3 teams out of 32 conference teams win to get into the semis.

Will they do that again?  Don't know, but Jacksonville (once again) and Forrest City could be contenders this year.  But on the West side, Morrilton, Clarksville, Alma and Harrison or any other team from the West, should have something to say about this.

Throwing the playoff gauntlet out early, but all I can say is, JUST AND TRY TO BEAT US!  Good luck to all 5A teams that make the playoffs this season.  Wishing you the best of luck.  I really mean that.  But the Goblins, 'Dales, Devil Dogs, Panthers or any other West team will get ya if ya don't watch out. :o

Comments are welcomed on this seasons playoffs.
It is nice to talk about upcoming games and other sports...
In track, just try to beat 2 time straight champs Vilonia.  Good Luck with that ;D
In baseball, unless you are a private school, just try to beat Vilonia/Harrison. ;)
In boys/girls soccer, unless you are a private school, just try to beat Harrison, Greenbrier and De Queen boys or Harrison girls.  Not going to happen ;)

Of course, Harrison won State for cross country and Morrilton won State for football this school season.

But this is a basketball thread.  Let's talk basketball.
Going into the last West conference game,

on the boys side, Clarksville/Morrilton are tied for 1st/2nd seed.  Alma/Harrison are tied for the 3rd/4th seed.  #1 East Forrest City boys looks formidable.  We will see on what happens in that 1st round game.

on the girls side, Vilonia has the 1st seed, Huntsville/Harrison are tied for 2nd/3rd seed.  Alma/Greenbrier are tied for 4th seed.  Not sure on East girls teams, but it could be exciting in the 1st round game.

I'm looking for playoff predictions/insights from the East, Central, South and West on this basketball season.

Comments and insights are welcomed for this basketball season playoffs.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Downnotout on February 26, 2014, 07:53:15 pm
hey do you remember that time Bobby Boucher scored that touchdown

What does that movie have to do with basketball?     I realize you don't like the sport that shall not be named in Alma....but to answer your question DNO.....No, I don't.

How's Greene County Tech this year?

Go Postal.....I don't have a clue who will make the playoffs.....it always seems to be a Wild West finish but I love it.  :)

Downnotout

February 27, 2014, 08:55:04 am #8 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:58:43 am by Downnotout
Fruit it has absolutely nothing to do with basketball.
Just as last years tournament has nothing to do with this years.
Bobby scored it with his pants down. I hate that you missed it. It is an iconic moment in sports history. Right up there with The Catch and The Immaculate Reception.
Tech is a typical Tech team. Slow and small.

ahsalum

February 27, 2014, 09:47:43 am #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:05:06 pm by Steve Perry
The Alma croquet and badminton teams both have 3 returning starters.....good leadership in both....should make a run at the playoffs this year if our badminton leading scorer will stay off the wild mushrooms...it's a long story....

Alma has all 5 returning starters from  last year's ping pong team that made the semi's.....this year we should be one of the favorites to win it all.....

Our cow tipping coach has been under scrutiny as of lately.....rumor has it he was caught in a sting operation in Ft Smith trying to solicit sex from undercover police officers posing as prostitutes......Now I don't know if that's true or not.....but I will say this.....it wouldn't surpise me in the least.....that damn Larry.........always into something.....if he stays out of trouble...we have some strong tippers...

As for our crocheting and knitting teams.....I think we lost just about everyone from last year....probably gonna suck this year.....all though some of the girls on this team are pretty hot.....that in itself won't get them any trophies...could be a long year for those hotties..

The dipping and chewing team is friggin loaded this year.....OMG I don't think anyone can hang with us this year.....should win state again  for our 20th state championship.......nope....I'm sorry.....our 19th...

DogsWin7

Bahahahahahahahahahahha!!!     

To be inside the mind of Steve Perry........Ooooooh what fun....;) lol!!

Maybe if the girls would crotchet bikinis.....they don't require a lot.   

Rick Perry

Forgot about the skeet shooting team pops,  all Amercian is coming back this year. Should be fun to watch.

ahsalum

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 27, 2014, 02:48:53 pm
How about Archery?   :)

Our archery team has been dismantled due to a girl getting her eye put out.

She put an apple on her head and said "shoot it off".

P.F.G.

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 27, 2014, 02:57:55 pm

She should have never trusted 3 finger Freddy.......

DogsWin7

February 28, 2014, 05:39:57 am #15 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:01:06 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: P.F.G. on February 27, 2014, 03:22:14 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 27, 2014, 02:57:55 pm

She should have never trusted 3 finger Freddy.......

Maybe she got him confused with Fast Eddie??.....  :)

Hey.....I was Bubble Gum Blowing Champ in school.....plus I was All Star Champ of tying a knot in a cherry stem with just my tongue....there's 14 steps to that trick....it takes a lot of talent.....lol!!! ;) ;D

Do they still do that sport?

How about Horse Shoes?   

ahsalum

February 28, 2014, 08:40:56 am #16 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:05:08 pm by Steve Perry
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 05:39:57 am

Hey.....I was the  Blowing Champ in school.....

I heard you like to blow.....bubbles

DogsWin7

February 28, 2014, 09:00:02 am #17 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:14:32 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 08:40:56 am

I heard you like to.....NM.     

You have to play nice today.....not dirty Stevie! ;) :)

I hope you aren't going to water the field down for the soccer games.

Go Postal

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 09:00:02 am
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 08:40:56 am

I heard you like to.....NM.     

You have to play nice today.....not dirty Stevie! ;) :)

I hope you aren't going to water the field down for the soccer games.
Is that why the Golden Goblins lost in the '07 semis to PA?  It was a torrent of liquid that day.  Nice job, Steve.  Somebody needed to to do something to keep Harrison boys on going for their 6th straight State Championship win.  LOL.

DogsWin7

March 01, 2014, 02:49:20 am #20 Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:10:36 pm by DiehardFBfan
NM

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas