• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5AAA softball

Started by Bearver07, February 22, 2007, 01:12:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FPMomof8

It was a good game at Bauxite, but the Lady Red Devils served us up a wuppin.  :P 6-0
Atkins is well coached, disciplined and has an excellent pitcher and defense which added up on us last night.  I have to add that their CF made an amazing catch on a ball that everyone thought was out of the park!   :o

Bauxite in scoring position several times but made strategic running errors that cost the win.

On the plus side, Lady Miners had some good defensive plays including a double play by Megan Tull, 2B and excellent fielding from our CF Lauralee Edwards.  Catcher Kelsey Guetzlaff threw out a steal to SS Courtney Mortier.

Good game with good sportsmanship all the way around.  I'm sure these teams will meet again with a few more games under their belts, the Lady Miners won't get caught like that again I suspect!  Congrats Lady Red Devils on a good game.

lady miners 4-2 conf 9-4 on season

bbdadamust

Lady Mustangs win Perryville Classic with win over Glen Rose  ,,Final score 15-0  ,, with2 home runs,,go Mustangs,,

homeless

Could perryville have an easier tournament!!! There were some power houses in perryville this weekend!!! Wish i could have made it to the tournament!!!!  See u thursday in A town!!!

fastpitch13

The only Really good teams were Glen Rose and Perryville they made it were they could win. They mad sure there wasn't that much challenge for them. But they did start off good by hitting the ball over the fence.

bbdadamust

The Lady Mustangs win  11-1 over Pottsville in 6 innings,,, with 3 homeruns.. Way to Lady Mustangs

True Fan

The Lady Beavers travelled to Magnet Cove tonight and kicked my beloved Lady Panthers square in the butt. The Panthers felt good and thought that Glen Rose would just bow to their excellence. WRONG. The Lady Beavers took advantage of some critical errors by MC and took a 6-4 win.

Great Job Lady Beavers.

Lady Panthers, you have to get your heads together.

Good job fp13, if you are who I think you are. EC?

FPMomof8

Bauxite in a slump :(, lost to Woodlawn 3-0.  Runs scored in the first 3 innings I believe, Lady Miners in scoring position several times but couldn't execute.   >:(

Woodlawn didn't strike out much, but didn't have much luck against Lady Miner defense in the last 2/3rds of the game.  Also, I haven't seen so much horse play on the field (cartwheels, heel clicks, "smack talk" etc by Woodlawn) since 12U ball! ::)

Lady Miners travel to Ouachita tonight, hoping to overcome their slump and get back on track.

homeless

Lady devils get an ugly win against Conway St. Joe.  It looks as if the girls were still affected by prom and after prom from the previous weekend, but an ugly win is better than a good loss!!!

Atkins 10 Conway 3.

This now sets the stage for Thurs.  Atkins has never won a conference title in softball.  So to say this is a huge game is an understatement!!! 

Whats up with perryville.  They are jacking homerun after homerun.  Are they playing on 150 ft fences or are they just that good?  Every game report they sound like pujols and bonds are in the line up!!! 

Good luck to both teams thursday!!! 

fastpitch13

Thank you! We played are hearts into that game and glad that we won against them. They thought that we would hand it to them and they were wrong we fought for it from the moment that we step on the field.

bbdadamust

cell phone call from a friend ,says perryville lady mustangs will be there thurs. to take care of business..  and what about these legends from perryville,,  muff and fluff,, has anybody heard of these guys???  go lady mustangs,,,,,

bbdadamust

What is a legend????  Must be Muff and Fluff ...

blaster

FPmomof8 who do the girls have left on their schedule.  Best of luck. 

FPMomof8

Magnet Cove on Friday (HOME)
Mayflower on Monday (Away)
Rematch with Benton Harmony Grove next week as well.  Should have the Lady Miners ready for district!

Practice went well last night, they had two games cancelled this week due to rain.  :-\
Ouachita and Fountain Lake (both non-conference), so this was their first practice since their game Monday.  Bats and pitching looking good.

I am optimistic that Coach Mode has some bugs worked out and that the girls have their game faces on for Friday night against Magnet Cove.  ;D

homeless

Atkins lady red devils are ready for the challenge!!  U can bring larry and curly or what ever there names are and it still wont matter!!! Atkins 3 Perryville 2!!!!

bigbucks

yea , we should have brought a criminal investigator..after we were robbed in the 8th inning by your hometown CHUMP,, who had to read the rule book after game,,because he didnt know the rules,,DUH

homeless

yeah it was all the refs fault....i guess no one questioned ur coaches decision with runner on first, no outs, lead off up(who had just hit a bomb her previous bat) to bunt her.  which led to a pop up double play....or in extra innings to not bunt and move the girl over from second, but to steal her...yes she was out even no u guys disagree!!!!  just face it, it was a very good ball game...yes it did come down to a questionable call, but it was called right....the only reason he had the rule book out is to show ur coach what the exact rule was...I was going to get on here and congratulate your team...very good hitters and an excellent pitcher, but it makes it hard to when ur whinning about getting beat by a 16-8 team (8-0) in conference...we are good!!! by the why please dont talk about getting screwed at atkins...i would venture out to say that u guys have gotten a few calls in the past that other teams didnt agree with it!!!!!

bigbucks

was a very good game,, and both teams played great ball,, but lets face if you can ??? atkins umps or should I say CHUMPS XXX if you know what I mean,, take this (if I tell you a rooster dips snuff , you better look under his wing for his can)

athletic supporter

Quote from: bigbucks on April 13, 2007, 10:20:26 am
was a very good game,, and both teams played great ball,, but lets face if you can ??? atkins umps or should I say CHUMPS XXX if you know what I mean,, take this (if I tell you a rooster dips snuff , you better look under his wing for his can)

You been listening to "The Buzz" this morning?

bigbucks

never heard of them . must be some generic station????

homeless

Quote from: bigbucks on April 13, 2007, 10:20:26 am

I can face it....the call could have went either way!!! but once again read the rulebook (if u cant read have someone read it to u) and u will see that the so called chump made the right call!!!!! and what is with rooster comment, makes no sense, but i foret u are from redneck perryville!!!!

True Fan

What exactly was this call we keep hearing about?

bigbucks

interference should have been the call!! anytime the runner runs over defensive player trying to make a play its CALLED INTERFERENCE  ,, DUH  as far as reading goes .. get your personal UMP. or CHUMP a rules book with pictures, or his son that coaches there could read for him!!!!!!!!!!

rhs06

the girl running did not even touch the girl maybe you need to go to the eye doctor. If you think you can ump better way are you just mouthing why dont you go for it. And why is Perryville acting like that game deceided the conference for them when they still have more conference games do you think your so good that the other teams that you still have left are no competition. I would like to here their take on that.

bigbucks

take your blinders off !!! DUH,, I was in position to see the hole incident, and there was contact , get your UMPS or CHUMPS rule book and read it ,, unless your like him and cant,, and you will find out that the rule was changed this year and there doesnt have to be CONTACT,, ;D ;DDUH

bigbucks

for your info I can ump,, and I'm not 99 years old like your home town UMP or Chump.

bbdadamust

Hey, Hey, Hey,  lets get over it,, just a game ,, hometeam pulls off win,, who cares ,, just ATKINS ,, home of the self winners.. ;D ;D

True Fan

Thank you. That really helps someone who wasn't there to understand what happened.

bigbucks

Your'e more than welcome,, someone needs to explain things every once in awhile.. at least someone who can read, and really knows the rules ;D ;D

FPMomof8

April 14, 2007, 06:30:55 am #78 Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:40:38 am by FPMomof8
Magnet Cove 0, Bauxite lady Miners 3, bottom of the 1st inning, no outs, 4th batter up.
Double-Lauralee Edwards, Double and 1 RBI Kelsey Guetzlaff, Double and 1 RBI Jamie Boshears who steals home on passed ball.  Alli Sanders up to bat.

Then CRASH!! lightening comes, girls, officials, fans off the field, light pole in CF (baseball field about 50 feet from softball field) DESTROYED by lightening, softball pitchers mound with lightening strike while girls and coaches huddle in dugout.   :o
Then torrential rain and hail.  Geez! :o

Game called on account of weather! phew~

Umps cleared fields after first hint of lightening in the distance which was EXCELLENT call.

I think we start where we stopped on Tuesday at Bauxite.  Will face Mayflower away on Monday.

homeless

What happen in the benton harmony grove/pottsville game??? Nothing against pottsville, but i have seen both play this year and really thought bhg would take this game easily!

True Fan

Quote from: FPMomof8 on April 14, 2007, 06:30:55 am
Magnet Cove 0, Bauxite lady Miners 3, bottom of the 1st inning, no outs, 4th batter up.
Double-Lauralee Edwards, Double and 1 RBI Kelsey Guetzlaff, Double and 1 RBI Jamie Boshears who steals home on passed ball.  Alli Sanders up to bat.

Then CRASH!! lightening comes, girls, officials, fans off the field, light pole in CF (baseball field about 50 feet from softball field) DESTROYED by lightening, softball pitchers mound with lightening strike while girls and coaches huddle in dugout.   :o
Then torrential rain and hail.  Geez! :o

Game called on account of weather! phew~

Umps cleared fields after first hint of lightening in the distance which was EXCELLENT call.

I think we start where we stopped on Tuesday at Bauxite.  Will face Mayflower away on Monday.

I've always thought fastpitch softball was an electrifying sport.  ;D ;D ;D

Thank God no one was hurt.

FPMomof8

Amen to that!  it could have been tragic!

LION FAN

Sounds like Atkins is winning the conference. Where do the other teams stand.  And what happen to BHG are they down compared to previous years or has this conference gotten that good?

True Fan

It's a better conference, but they are definitely down from normal. They are very young after the senior class from last year left. Injuries have played a factor as well. They are well coached and will get back on track.

bbdadamust

anyone know pottsville--BHG score??

sportsmom63

Quote from: True Fan on April 16, 2007, 12:15:49 pm
It's a better conference, but they are definitely down from normal. They are very young after the senior class from last year left. Injuries have played a factor as well. They are well coached and will get back on track.

Thank you for this statement - and that is very right - pitcher out with a shoulder injury for some time this year - first base - out with sickness - third base out with knee injury - BUT everyone is back and are ready to play some ball.  Good Luck to everyone in this conference and no it has not gotten to good.  May be down but not out - so watch out our wheels are on the bus and ready to roll.  Please everyone have a safe district tournament!!!

FPMomof8

Bauxite Lady Miners 16, mayflower 2
Lady Miners scored 16 runs in the first 3 innings, Mayflower gets in two on errors, one of which involved injury of the lady Miners catcher  :-\ in a football like collision for a pop foul  :o (call the ball ladies!).

Lady Miners playing Magnet Cove tonight at home to conclude conf play.  Starting from the bottom of the 1st inning score is 3-0 with no outs  :D  Will be playing without their varsity catcher though  :'(.  Hopefully Kelsey will be back for district.

Unsure who is in 2,3,4 in conference at this time, anyone have a handle on this?  Lady Miners have had two conf losses-BHG and Atkins.

fanofsb

Does anyone know which conferences play each other in regionals?

Badger Cubs

Quote from: fanofsb on April 17, 2007, 10:32:30 am
Does anyone know which conferences play each other in regionals?

http://www.ahsaa.org/2007%20Softball%20Reg%20Brkt.pdf

fanofsb

Your on top of it!  Thanks!  :)

bbdadamust

where did you get your info,, of muff and fluff website????? ;D ;D

Ducklover

I hope Kelsey is doing okay....

FPMomof8

Hey Ducklover, she is fine...just mad.  >:(  Her ankle is an attractive black and blue and suitable for photos as she always gets pics of the "good ones"!
Hope to be OK for Sat District.  ;)  She is playing awesome and is just peeved that it was a crazy error that caused her injury.  You know how she is ;)

LC11FAN

Momof 8, What time does Bauxite play MC today?

FPMomof8

Sorry, just got on the computer this AM.  It was at 4.  Saw a bunch of the girls from BHG at the game!  I wish that our rematch hadn't been cancelled! 

LC11FAN

me too. we need the games ! heard you guys took care of business.

fastpitch13

Glen Rose beat Mayflower 19-1.
;D

FPMomof8

poor Mayflower!  We play summerball with the Ragsdale girls and they are great ballplayers.
Chins up ladies!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas