• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles

Started by GB1987, November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

windbox

Have talked to several that say Stanley will be AD.  We don't seem to have one now that will speak up for what is right, but it will be a BIG mistake if Stanley becomes AD.  This year especially, there does not seem to be any discipline on the team.  Very very disappointed in the staff, very proud of the boys.

DeepCoverage

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Big Daddy DOG on October 14, 2011, 09:28:42 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on October 14, 2011, 09:10:35 pm
It is time for some serious self review of the program.......the ENTIRE program from Pee-Wee to varsity.  How could it come to this?  How is the program so down in terms of numbers, size and talent?
Not gonna be good when V-town comes to GW next wk.. GW by 40plus

I can't wait to see the jumbotron

RTR

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 16, 2011, 12:32:56 pm
After watching my son go through the program from 7th-SR, I can you they do the lifting, conditioning, and practicing time to be good. 

IYG.....your son was the exception to the rule.  He did the lifting because he had the heart for it.  This strength and conditioning program at Vilonia is elementary compared to other schools.  It's one thing to have a mandatory program...but it's an entirely different thing to have the kids excited and bought in to it.  Most are just showing up and going thru the motions and it is obvious when you look at the size difference on Friday night.  There aint nothing mandatory about the will, heart and the desire to get bigger, faster and stronger.  It has to be motivated and cultivated be a leader. 

pantherblue

Quote from: RTR on October 17, 2011, 04:09:26 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on October 16, 2011, 12:32:56 pm
After watching my son go through the program from 7th-SR, I can you they do the lifting, conditioning, and practicing time to be good. 

IYG.....your son was the exception to the rule.  He did the lifting because he had the heart for it.  This strength and conditioning program at Vilonia is elementary compared to other schools.  It's one thing to have a mandatory program...but it's an entirely different thing to have the kids excited and bought in to it.  Most are just showing up and going thru the motions and it is obvious when you look at the size difference on Friday night.  There aint nothing mandatory about the will, heart and the desire to get bigger, faster and stronger.  It has to be motivated and cultivated be a leader.

Amen RTR... That's been the difference in Brier since Tribble has gotten there...  The boys now are big, strong and only get stronger as the game goes on...

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Coach D on November 29, 2010, 09:10:57 pm
motivation and leadership has to be taught by older men that are dealing with 16&17year old young men

not motivating young men to do anything even if it is taking out the trash is a sin in my book

how can you not be excited having a young man looking into your eyes and believing in you and following you where ever it is you want him to go

i have only personally spoke to our hc maybe twice and it was never about my son it was only in passing in the parking lot or in the field house

seems to be a nice fellow

maybe he needs a little motivation

but he does get paid to be motivated and get our kids motivated

INYOGRILL WONDERFUL POST

From 2010

DeepCoverage

Went to watch the neighbor kid play JV tonight against Morrilton.........sad deal.........I stayed for the 1st half, good ball game .....but the stands had maybe 40 people(most kids) , granted that's on Vilonia side.........Morrilton side maybe 20......Vilonia maybe 25 players, most see quite a bit of action in varsity games..........we are not putting a program together for these kids to be proud of, let alone play for...............now we want to turn these motivators into AD's.....please!

RD™

Vilonia just hire me, I willbring the 5 wide no huddle hurry up spread. We will throw it 60 times a game. We will have fun doing it and win some games, and point some points on the board..

Whadda ya say?

DeepCoverage

Big Foot

I would like to ask a question about Vilonia's off. For years they have run the same thing with so so success against sub cal teams but not the upper teams, I know that they have tried the spread some but when that doesn't work they go back to that funky hand it off three times off that just doesn't get it done. Is the Vilonia coach like Houston Nutt and just doesn't understand the spread? To make it work you have to completely commit to it and not go back and forth. Get the younger player 3rd 4th 5th 6th graders to learn to run it and by the time they are in High school it is second nature. It does work, look at Wynne they have bought in to it and I promise you they will be making a statement in a year or so. I just don't understand why Vilonia stays with it or keeps going back to it?  Just my openion, not trying to be critical just wondering.

DeepCoverage

onewildeagle

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 17, 2011, 08:26:17 pm
Went to watch the neighbor kid play JV tonight against Morrilton.........sad deal.........I stayed for the 1st half, good ball game .....but the stands had maybe 40 people(most kids) , granted that's on Vilonia side.........Morrilton side maybe 20......Vilonia maybe 25 players, most see quite a bit of action in varsity games..........we are not putting a program together for these kids to be proud of, let alone play for...............now we want to turn these motivators into AD's.....please!

speak for yourself DC. There was also more than 40 at the JV game tonight.  Your agenda is getting old.  I know one kid that  played tonight on the JV and sees a lot of action on friday nights too.  He is proud to be Eagle and loves playing the game.   

sevenof400

If you believe things are going well in the athletic programs at Vilonia as a whole, I'd ask you to take another look at the program. 

Big Foot

Is there unrest in the Eagle Camp?

onewildeagle

Can you not read??? He made the statement that the kids are not proud of the program.  some still are and give it all they have.   so i ask you to take another reading course.

Big Foot

Quote from: onewildeagle on October 17, 2011, 09:56:35 pm
Can you not read??? He made the statement that the kids are not proud of the program.  some still are and give it all they have.   so i ask you to take another reading course.

I ask a simple question about V's off and all I get back is some smartArss answer from a bunch of V town posters, Heck if the team is any thing like their posters it is no wonder they are loosers!!!!

onewildeagle

well it should have been clear that the response was to the post before yours. lol
guess you missed that and need to take a reading class too.   ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Foot on October 17, 2011, 10:08:50 pm

I ask a simple question about V's off and all I get back is some smartArss answer from a bunch of V town posters, Heck if the team is any thing like their posters it is no wonder they are loosers!!!!

Easy snatch foot. Yes, there is some unrest in the small town between two ridges known as Vtown. We want to to be like the big boys of GW and Alma but we don't have the direction to get us there right now. At some point in the future I hope we do. There are a lot of good people with good kids in this town that can propel us to better times but it isn't happening right now until some changes are made. Just how it is.

InYoGrill

Quote from: PC™ on October 17, 2011, 08:29:36 pm
Vilonia just hire me, I willbring the 5 wide no huddle hurry up spread. We will throw it 60 times a game. We will have fun doing it and win some games, and point some points on the board..

Whadda ya say?

Come on buddy. Bring your lovely bride and your 3 rugrats. Can you handle coaching with the red uniforms?

Big Foot

Thanks IYG , all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question. I have good friends that live in Vilonia and belive it or not do want to see Vilonia do well. Just dont't understand why they keep doing what they do. As far as the reply being directed to the poster before me than maybe the poster should have inserted his quote before he replied. But Thanks again for ansering me.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Foot on October 17, 2011, 10:29:02 pm
Thanks IYG , all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question. I have good friends that live in Vilonia and belive it or not do want to see Vilonia do well. Just dont't understand why they keep doing what they do. As far as the reply being directed to the poster before me than maybe the poster should have inserted his quote before he replied. But Thanks again for ansering me.

No prob dog. Now give me 50 drop downs and get to bed. You got school in the morn, right?

RTR

First of all it's loser not looser.  Had to get that out of the way before I answer your question.  The double wing is not the problem.....the problem is having the hoarses to run it year in and year out.  It can be a very hard to defend if you have the right players.   Monticello proved that a couple of years ago.  The problem is having the right peices in place every year.  Vtown is running some pistol in the lower grades right now and they are getting the hang of it.  They are still running the dw as well but they are progressing toward a spread type offense.  Heck.....the 7th grade team went empty backfield tonight several times.  I would like to see Vilonia get to 50/50 with the DW and Pistol.  Opposing teams would have to prepare for two totally different offenses and I think that might be an advantage for Vtown. 

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: RTR on October 17, 2011, 11:25:16 pm

First of all it's loser not looser.  Had to get that out of the way before I answer your question.  The double wing is not the problem.....the problem is having the hoarses to run it year in and year out.  It can be a very hard to defend if you have the right players.   Monticello proved that a couple of years ago.  The problem is having the right peices in place every year.  Vtown is running some pistol in the lower grades right now and they are getting the hang of it.  They are still running the dw as well but they are progressing toward a spread type offense.  Heck.....the 7th grade team went empty backfield tonight several times.  I would like to see Vilonia get to 50/50 with the DW and Pistol.  Opposing teams would have to prepare for two totally different offenses and I think that might be an advantage for Vtown.
is that hoarses or horses? just asking ;D

Big Foot

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 17, 2011, 10:45:02 pm
Quote from: Big Foot on October 17, 2011, 10:29:02 pm
Thanks IYG , all I wanted was a simple answer to a simple question. I have good friends that live in Vilonia and believe it or not do want to see Vilonia do well. Just don't understand why they keep doing what they do. As far as the reply being directed to the poster before me than maybe the poster should have inserted his quote before he replied. But Thanks again for answering me.

No prob dog. Now give me 50 drop downs and get to bed. You got school in the morn, right?

Thanks again IYG but there is no way I could give you 50 drop downs maybe 25, but at age 60 and after having back surg. I do good to get Thur work each day. With all that said I am a high school football fan, yes I support GW just because my son and daughter went there but I want to see all football teams to do well esp the west until they play GW. You know how that goes. Thanks again.

Big Foot

October 18, 2011, 09:11:34 am #974 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:21:48 am by Big Foot
Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on October 18, 2011, 12:19:20 am

I ask a simple question about V's off and all I get back is some smartArss answer from a bunch of V town posters, Heck if the team is any thing like their posters it is no wonder they are losers!!!!

He doesn't type any better than I do, but must like to point out others mistakes , thanks   Mr spelling Bee Champ!!!! Oh by the way it is PIECES not PEICES, and no I didn't win the spelling bee but I do know how to use spell check.

DeepCoverage

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 17, 2011, 08:26:17 pm

The statement made was not that the kids are not proud of the program, we are not putting a program together that they will stay and play for this program.....look at the numbers that are out playing now

Big Foot

I really hope that Vilonia's football program gets better, after this Friday. Everyone knows that by playing good teams makes you better so Gw will do their part to help!!!!!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: Big Foot on October 18, 2011, 09:41:31 am
I really hope that Vilonia's football program gets better, after this Friday. Everyone knows that by playing good teams makes you better so Gw will do their part to help!!!!!!!

Thanks! But The Wood is a dynasty in its self and will always be. They got the SWAG that Bama has. Ok I''ll say it- I'm impressed by the Bulldog football program

DeepCoverage

Big Foot, It seems our program or offense is stuck in the dark ages, a lot of people not all the people that keep up with V football think we do not have the players to run a different formation as the in the pistol or the spread, those people are wrong, we could be doing both and really throw a kink in to others defense. My question is how do they know what these kids can do all they have been running is the dw for years? The Vilonia people on this thread think I have some kind of agenda to get rid of the coach and that is not true. We had quite a few Jrs and Srs that decided to quite or was booted that could have helped us this year and for sure and could have ran a different formation as in the pistol and done well with it, but that is water under the bridge. My point is we have a great offensive mind in Coach Jordan but very seldom use him in play calling or at least his plays.....I did watch a JV game last year against Greenbrier where we threw the ball about 20 times and beat them at their own game, and that is putting points on the board, and he called those plays. I'm happy to hear the younger grades are trying different things, this I guess is my agenda,THE YOUNGER KIDS COMING UP. I do not want to watch the grass grow anymore and hope we break the big one every now and then if we are behind. The DW is not only our offense it is also our defense as well, clock management, well that is great if you have a lead but do not ask us to come from behind using up the clock. I know this did not answer your question just my thoughts, I am proud of these young EAGLES for busting their butts everyday.

MY agenda..........Get a new game plan......you never know if its going to work until you try it.

Big Foot

Quote from: DeepCoverage on October 18, 2011, 11:52:15 am
Big Foot, It seems our program or offense is stuck in the dark ages, a lot of people not all the people that keep up with V football think we do not have the players to run a different formation as the in the pistol or the spread, those people are wrong, we could be doing both and really throw a kink in to others defense. My question is how do they know what these kids can do all they have been running is the dw for years? The Vilonia people on this thread think I have some kind of agenda to get rid of the coach and that is not true. We had quite a few Jrs and Srs that decided to quite or was booted that could have helped us this year and for sure and could have ran a different formation as in the pistol and done well with it, but that is water under the bridge. My point is we have a great offensive mind in Coach Jordan but very seldom use him in play calling or at least his plays.....I did watch a JV game last year against Greenbrier where we threw the ball about 20 times and beat them at their own game, and that is putting points on the board, and he called those plays. I'm happy to hear the younger grades are trying different things, this I guess is my agenda,THE YOUNGER KIDS COMING UP. I do not want to watch the grass grow anymore and hope we break the big one every now and then if we are behind. The DW is not only our offense it is also our defense as well, clock management, well that is great if you have a lead but do not ask us to come from behind using up the clock. I know this did not answer your question just my thoughts, I am proud of these young EAGLES for busting their butts everyday.

MY agenda..........Get a new game plan......you never know if its going to work until you try it.

What ever it takes to get the young men excited about playing. Thanks for getting back to me. I hope the best for Vilonia program.

RTR

Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on October 18, 2011, 12:19:20 am

No...it's hawses.  Thats the best I can do with it. 

Eagleforlife51

Being a former player under coach Stanley. I must say that the program has changed significantly since I graduated last year. Practices are much shorter, kids being allowed to leave before games, and many kids just not caring. I've read post on here for three years and since I've graduated I have something to say. COACH STANLEY WILL NOT CHANGE. Ive heard a lot of rumors going around the town the last couple of weeks, and I'm sure most V posters know what I'm talking about. There needs to be a total change in the high school football team. Being a player under both coach stout and Stanley I must say coach stout was the best coach I've ever been around. He cared abt each one of his players and he helped us become great students before athletes. He was the best, he motivated player to work hard and give their best every play, he checked students grades and cared abt how they were doing outside of football. He was always there for player, no matter what. And what he taught us, showed up on Thursday nights and help us achieve the best record in junior high history. With that being said coach stout was the one who wrote the pistol play book for the 7th grade, junior high and HIGH SCHOOL. The thing was since Stanley didnt like it he didn't use it. And know for a fact that during spring workouts the high school was working on the pistol everyday. Getting rid of Coach stout, a man who has 9 state championship rings not only in football but in track as well, would be a horrible mistake. And putting Stanley as athletic director would just make the whole situation worse.

RTR

And Im dyslectic too.  And I didn't when no fancy spelling bee so lets get that straight.  And I don't like to correct others mistakes unless they say Vtown posters and football team are loosers.  So thier.  I mean...so their.  Or is it there?  Who cares

InYoGrill

Bomb dropped from another Veagle fan and player. Bunker down V.

Reechards

Quote from: Eagleforlife51 on October 18, 2011, 06:01:03 pm
Being a former player under coach Stanley. I must say that the program has changed significantly since I graduated last year. Practices are much shorter, kids being allowed to leave before games, and many kids just not caring. I've read post on here for three years and since I've graduated I have something to say. COACH STANLEY WILL NOT CHANGE. Ive heard a lot of rumors going around the town the last couple of weeks, and I'm sure most V posters know what I'm talking about. There needs to be a total change in the high school football team. Being a player under both coach stout and Stanley I must say coach stout was the best coach I've ever been around. He cared abt each one of his players and he helped us become great students before athletes. He was the best, he motivated player to work hard and give their best every play, he checked students grades and cared abt how they were doing outside of football. He was always there for player, no matter what. And what he taught us, showed up on Thursday nights and help us achieve the best record in junior high history. With that being said coach stout was the one who wrote the pistol play book for the 7th grade, junior high and HIGH SCHOOL. The thing was since Stanley didnt like it he didn't use it. And know for a fact that during spring workouts the high school was working on the pistol everyday. Getting rid of Coach stout, a man who has 9 state championship rings not only in football but in track as well, would be a horrible mistake. And putting Stanley as athletic director would just make the whole situation worse.

Did he check your grades in English? :)

Coach D

October 18, 2011, 06:22:15 pm #985 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:24:06 pm by Coach D
Eagleforlife51,

Thanks for your insight. I for one have not heard of Coach Stout leaving, and I for one also hope that is not true. This is a good man you are speaking of, I remember after a tough loss in Greenbrier my youngest son's 9th grade year for their Championship game, my son said,and I quote"Coach Stout did not only teach us football, he also taught us how to be men."

That is a big statement coming from young men that spend more time with their coaches than they do their parents during football season. I applaud you Eagleforlife51

There are a lot of other player's that feel the same way you do. use spell check next time

Eagleforlife51

Haha yes he did. Proud to say I graduated high school with all A's and received an academic scholarship.

Coach D

pantherblue

I want to hear more about Siloam's final drive against the 2004 Vilonia team where they had clock troubles??

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on October 18, 2011, 06:35:50 pm
I want to hear more about Siloam's final drive against the 2004 Vilonia team where they had clock troubles??

GO flush your head in the toilet.

Us Veagles are sharing some thoughts.

IYG

InYoGrill

Eagleforlife51, you are a great example of an Eagle Warrior and good citizen. Hope you do very well in college and afterward. Next time you come over with the boys, warn me so I have food to eat in my house. Gosh you boys are horses! LOL!

DeepCoverage

Quote from: Eagleforlife51 on October 18, 2011, 06:01:03 pm

Nice Job 51

Eagleforlife51

@IYG, thank you and yes sir. Didn't mean to eat all your food. Lol

InYoGrill

Quote from: Eagleforlife51 on October 18, 2011, 08:03:57 pm
@IYG, thank you and yes sir. Didn't mean to eat all your food. Lol

Haha, no problem! Like I need it anyway. Anytime come over.

DeepCoverage

If Coach Stout is forced out by some jacka... because he spoke his mind, I assure you it was for the players and not himself

this program is being ran into a hole and our administration is watching it happen

DeepCoverage

Ashcraft to Conway
Mcnabb to Morrilton
Hill to Wynne

All of these Coaches changed the programs around and we, well only time will tell

Now I have an agenda

windbox

Yes 51, the Vtown posters all know what you are talking about.  The reflection on the school sends a powerful message.  Where has the leadership gone? 

Eagleforlife51

IMO, there hasn't been leadership in the coaching staff  in a while. When coaches are preparing the kids For a game that week and even the coaching staff doesnt believe they have a chance to win, thats a problem. Im a firm believer that any team can be beat at any time. I'm not saying Stanley is a bad coach, but it seems like he has a lot more on his mind other the team and players, and that's understandable considering what has happened in his life the last couple of years. But still that is no excuse because he is paid to motivate the players and get them excited about football.

windbox

I agree completely.  His mind has got to get back on his job instead of personal problems.  From what I understand Mrs. Stanley is clear now.  Some decisions he has made in the past year makes it appear he does not want the best team.  Someone said all schools are going to go to a player playing one sport, and I think he underestimated the group of juniors from last year.  But what surprises me the most about this situation is the AD.  Would never in a million years thought he would have supported this.

P.F.G.

This is a good read for someone who hasn't seen the changes that have eben mentioned here. at first i was thinking why in the h$ll is this thread 21 pages long. it is clear to me that V-town does have some hope. I wonder how much better you would be if they would scrap the 1940's game plan .

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas